PDA

View Full Version : sig P226 vs H&K compact

Mbubby61
10-14-2013, 12:37 AM
I bought both, sig is a 9mm, H&K is a 40 . The H&K feels better in my hand. Heard the Sig is extremely reliable tho.. New to all this. 9mm ammo was not easy to find. Seems like the H&K does not kick as much but I could be crazy.. Leaning towards keepin the H&K> was also told I could change the H&K top to make it a 357. Something about the 357 has more speed, so more impact yet is easier to shoot ??? Thoughts everyone !!!!

jeep45238
10-14-2013, 01:09 AM
HK is great, and Sig is damn good too.

Take whichever you shoot more accurately with the quickest with, but enjoy them both.

devous1
10-14-2013, 07:28 AM
I'm not really familiar with either of the guns, I'm a 1911 guy but they are too big to carry so I have a variety of other handguns. Most of mine are chambered in .45, .40 or 357. The guns I carry are normally either .40 or .357 and yes the .357 will tear the shit out of anyone it hits.

You can go onto you tube and watch a variety of ballistics videos where they shoot the round into ballistics gel. It very interesting to see the difference between rounds. This is the main reason I've never been a big fan of the 9mm.

jeep45238
10-14-2013, 10:52 AM
1911's carry beautifly, you just need a good holster and gun belt.

A Wilderness Tactical instructor's belt, and a MTAC holster is an excellent combo. I carried with the top of the slide right behind my hip joint when I rocked 1911's, and never once had anybody think I had a pistol when they kept my hip company for over 2 years.

And honestly - actual calibrated ballistic gel results and actual ballistics from good JHP ammo in all of the popular calibers, including 9mm, perform very, very similarly. The exception is that the heavier and slower the bullet is the better it performs through intermediate barriers like windsheild glass, but outside of that, they all do the same thing in the end.

Pitbull1052
10-14-2013, 11:33 AM
I have no doubt both are great guns I can only speak about the sig. I personally used and saw them in action many times in combat and I've never seen one fail! We had many companies come out and demo their guns but Sig and Kimber were the only two that I personally saw open the slide pick up a handful of sand give them a quick shake and run a few mags them them with no problems what so ever.

redfirepearlgt
10-14-2013, 11:52 AM
My first semi is a Sig P238. Nice piece. Still trying to find the best way to carry it concealed however. For now I wear it a 6 oclock with a sport coat or light jacket or in a pistol holster for the front pocket. WOuld really like to obtain a Rueger LCP for rear pocket carry. NOt a fun weapon to fire but it wasn't designed with target practive in mind.

Pitbull1052
10-14-2013, 12:59 PM
My first semi is a Sig P238. Nice piece. Still trying to find the best way to carry it concealed however. For now I wear it a 6 oclock with a sport coat or light jacket or in a pistol holster for the front pocket. WOuld really like to obtain a Rueger LCP for rear pocket carry. NOt a fun weapon to fire but it wasn't designed with target practive in mind.

Have you fired the LCP? I'm not a fan of any of their triggers LC9, SR9, LCP my buddy has all three

4n_eatr
10-14-2013, 07:01 PM
I get a lock of flack for it, but i'm not really a 1911 guy. I like the feel of a double stack more. That being said, I love the Sigs. I've fired a USP Full size and loved it too. I like the Sig in 9mm (but I've only put a few rounds through the H&K 9), but the H&K in 45. I just bought a XD9 Subcompact and love it. Hopefully getting my concealed carry soon.

And Chad, before you buy an LCP check out the trigger on a Taurus TCP. MUCH better feel. I was going to buy an LCP for Jen but after comparing the two, there IS no comparison.

RIXXX93GT
10-14-2013, 07:11 PM
Those are both quality guns, I would keep them both if I were you.

cstreu1026
10-14-2013, 07:54 PM
I see it as all metal vs. polymer. I love the feel of an all metal gun but for carry a polymer frame makes sense.

devous1
10-15-2013, 07:15 AM
I have no doubt both are great guns I can only speak about the sig. I personally used and saw them in action many times in combat and I've never seen one fail! We had many companies come out and demo their guns but Sig and Kimber were the only two that I personally saw open the slide pick up a handful of sand give them a quick shake and run a few mags them them with no problems what so ever.

Kimbers are the most awesome handgun made. They are like artwork, I currently have 3 and have never fired two of them and probably never will.

Pitbull1052
10-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Kimbers are the most awesome handgun made. They are like artwork, I currently have 3 and have never fired two of them and probably never will.

YES THEY ARE!!!!! lol I'm looking to get sequential serial numbered pro carry II's here in the next few months.

jktruckin06
10-15-2013, 08:50 AM
I just got an ultra crimson carry and it is frickin sweet. I had shot a bunch of kimbers in the past and had to have one. Next is an eclipse of some size...

And no hiccups like you read all over the net. I think it is because all the bad experiences end up on the web, but only a hand full of the good.

devous1
10-15-2013, 10:46 AM
I love the new Master Carry line, I'd love to have one but I know I'd never use it.
current Kimbers
Grand Raptor
Custom Target II
Team USA
all in .45

I've never had an issue with a Kimber, one of the big problems people have shooting 1911s is the way they hold the gun. If you allow it to break the wrist up when you shoot you'll for sure end up with a stove pipe. I know of no handgun more versatile or accurate than a 1911.

redfirepearlgt
10-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Have you fired the LCP? I'm not a fan of any of their triggers LC9, SR9, LCP my buddy has all three

No. I just want one for the size weight and double action configuration. My uncle has one and shoots it rarely. Says its a handful and that the trigger is a very long pull on it if I recall correctly. He bought it for the same reason I want one. Easy to hide and double action.

redfirepearlgt
10-15-2013, 07:48 PM
I get a lock of flack for it, but i'm not really a 1911 guy. I like the feel of a double stack more. That being said, I love the Sigs. I've fired a USP Full size and loved it too. I like the Sig in 9mm (but I've only put a few rounds through the H&K 9), but the H&K in 45. I just bought a XD9 Subcompact and love it. Hopefully getting my concealed carry soon.

And Chad, before you buy an LCP check out the trigger on a Taurus TCP. MUCH better feel. I was going to buy an LCP for Jen but after comparing the two, there IS no comparison.

Not a big Taurus fan.

4n_eatr
10-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Not a big Taurus fan.

I'm not either and I hated to admit it, but it does have a better pull than the LCP. Other than the trigger all of the ones I've shot (S&W, Ruger, Kel-Tec, and some cheapies) are pretty much the same as far as grouping @ 5 yards and reliability goes.

Black92LX
10-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Both are great guns. My 226 in 9mm is still my favorite pistol followed by my handbuilt one off 10mm 1911.
The HK is awesome as well, I had a fullsize in .45 I sold and kick myself.

To shoot. 357 sig you just need to find a barrel not the whole slide assembly, Mag's are the same as well.

.357 sig is essentially a .40 casing necked down to a 9mm bullet hence more powder pushing the bullet. Yes, it is a screamer. Not nearly as soft shooting as a. 40.
Snappy is a way to describe it.

Keep both!!

cstreu1026
10-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Both are great guns. My 226 in 9mm is still my favorite pistol followed by my handbuilt one off 10mm 1911.
The HK is awesome as well, I had a fullsize in .45 I sold and kick myself.

To shoot. 357 sig you just need to find a barrel not the whole slide assembly, Mag's are the same as well.

.357 sig is essentially a .40 casing necked down to a 9mm bullet hence more powder pushing the bullet. Yes, it is a screamer. Not nearly as soft shooting as a. 40.
Snappy is a way to describe it.

Keep both!!

Your 226 is a great shooting piece for sure.

I've got the barrel to convert my M&P Compact to .357 sig but I haven't put a round through it yet because ammo has been hard to come by and pricey.

Timido
10-18-2013, 09:09 PM
Shoot the .357 at night. It is a snappy flame thrower. At least my glock 31 was

Mbubby61
10-21-2013, 12:38 PM
The HK just feels more comfortable in my hand.. It is a HK compact 40 and that was the one I had someone suggest making it a 357. I am off on medical and would love to keep both. But the old lady does not like either of them so looking at getting something smaller for her, cant quite justify keeping both at the moment. Trying to finish my 347 stroker build via mike bell at Dayton performance for my 85. Trickflow heads ported by Mike at dp. Trickflow stage 2 cam, 1.7 rockers, etc. Holley avenger efi kit. The t5 was rebuilt by mike at dp as well. More like a gforce with lower overdrive now for gas mileage.. Up chrome moly stuff up front,, just need some funds to complete it.. need to sell my msd digital plus 6 and a stand alone msd dizzy for a carbed 5.o i just got back from msd also,,,

Anyway,, could use the funds and not sure I want to keep both. decisions decisions. Thinking HK just cuz it feels better when I hold it.. but then again, have had others suggest different grips can make a big difference... thoughts on grips would be appreciated...

4n_eatr
10-21-2013, 05:41 PM
I had a Sig 226 with Hogue grips that I loved. They made it a little fatter but that's what I like.

Mbubby61
10-30-2013, 09:14 PM
Sold the sig over the weekend. The H&K compact 40 just felt better and my friends hands are gigantic so he liked the sig.. Will finish my 347 now with Mike Bell at Dayton Performance.

Maybe some day I will change the H&K compact 40 to a 357. Like to get the glow in the dark sights too...Where is the best place to get a 2nd clip, the net ???

Mbubby61
10-30-2013, 09:15 PM
Sold the sig over the weekend. The H&K compact 40 just felt better and my friends hands are gigantic so he liked the sig.. Will finish my 347 now with Mike Bell at Dayton Performance.

Maybe some day I will change the H&K compact 40 to a 357. Like to get the glow in the dark sights too...Where is the best place to get a 2nd clip, the net ???

4n_eatr
11-02-2013, 12:06 AM
AIMS surplus usually has pretty good prices on mags.

Black92LX
11-02-2013, 08:44 AM
www.gregcotellc.com
www.topgunsupply.com
www.1stopmags.com
www.grabagun.com
www.cdnninvestments.com

In that order for mags

Think CDNN has used mags for $26