PDA

View Full Version : New dude here w/question about edgewater

D's01Snake
10-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Hey, I was going to post over in the newb section but it looks like it doesnt get much traffic. I wandered over here from SVTP and Buckeye stangs. Im fairly new to the Dayton area, Im at Wright-Patt and just moved here from Salt Lake City. Ive got a 2001 Cobra with some stuff done it. Looking to wander down to edgewater for a friday night TnT, whats your guys overall impression on the track? I guess my main question is, can I get away with not having a cage (running faster than 11.50) or will i get thrown out? Anyways look forward to meeting some folks around here. It sucks not having a mustang crew to roll around with.

-Dan

cstreu1026
10-22-2013, 01:03 PM
First let me say how sorry I am you had to move to Ohio especially Dayton from Utah. I would gladly have changed places with you. :D Joking aside wlecome to the area.

It's probably a roll of the dice at any of the local tracks but Edgewater is probably the one most likely to give you the boot for not having a cage.

D's01Snake
10-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Dang, Kil-Kare are Nazis as well. I watched them kick a GT-R off for running a 11.3x. I just wanna click offf a few 10 seconds passes, ha looks like I might only get 1 chance. Utah wasnt all the bad, but Im glad to be back in the Midwest. Really its not so bad here.

pegasus
10-22-2013, 01:14 PM
thorn hill might

D's01Snake
10-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Ill check out thorn hill, thats KY correct? They have any TnT's left this year?

4n_eatr
10-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Welcome! There's a few of us Dayton guys on here. That's surprising. KK is actually pretty good now that it's been under new management. My buddy races there in top sportsman as well as Edgewater and Tri-State. They're all the same as far as safety goes. 13.99 you need a helmet and (I believe) 10.99 you need a cage. It's like tha no matter where you go.
Pics? Mods?

rtvickers
10-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Welcome aboard. Glad you made over here. Id still make an introduction in the newbie section with some pics. You might get a few passes at E20 before getting the boot. But you might have to argue a little. When I bought my car I talked to one of the tech guys and tried to get some info out of him about what safety equipment I would need at different stages. He wouldn't go into details. He said bring a helmet and we'll let you make a few passes and see where were at. If its too fast just make some half track passes and when your done just make a full pass and we'll send you packing.

There are some people on here from the Dayton area. I know of a good number of guys up that way with mustangs. But it seems those guys have a hard time getting together.

Dirtyd0g
10-22-2013, 03:46 PM
I don't get the whole cheating the safety rules thing, those rules were written in blood to save lives. If something happens when you are cheating the rules and someone got hurt how could you ever forgive yourself, the roll cage mostly protects the driver so it would be them getting hurt but I see people trying to cheat all kinds of rules such as drive shaft loops and stuff and I just don't get it. If you can build a car fast enough to run the number it should be safe to do so as well. I have heard edgewater has improved but haven't been recently. I like going to Thornhill, but I'm a hillbilly :D
Alan

Blowpastyou
10-22-2013, 03:49 PM
10 seconds on anything other than super swampers.... dont waste your time. E20 is garbage.. may change next year, I hear they are under new ownership. ... my car will never go down that track again

redfirepearlgt
10-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Welcome aboard. Glad you made over here. Id still make an introduction in the newbie section with some pics.

^^^ What he said here. Please show the courtesy. You are not exempt.

4n_eatr
10-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Newbies section actually does get quite a bit of attention.... Usually we're just surprised someone ACTUALLY gets their account authorized, lmao...

cstreu1026
10-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Dang, Kil-Kare are Nazis as well. I watched them kick a GT-R off for running a 11.3x. I just wanna click offf a few 10 seconds passes, ha looks like I might only get 1 chance. Utah wasnt all the bad, but Im glad to be back in the Midwest. Really its not so bad here.

I'd gladly move to Utah. Lots of good snow. The altitude isn't exactly good for drag racing though. Were you stationed at Hill?

draggin50
10-23-2013, 12:56 AM
KilKare!!!! You'll get atleast 2 passes in! First one they'll tell ya to slow it down and the second they'll say no more!

dr59l
10-23-2013, 01:31 AM
If u don't wanna put a cage in it or have proper equipment don't make it fast enough to need it or just don't go to track. Everyone knows the tech rules but still crys about em. Its for ur safety so u can walk away from that 100+ MPH crash wen it happens. An it can happen quick from any fluid or driveshaft letn front u joint go. Remember its part of racing on a track.

D's01Snake
10-23-2013, 09:36 AM
Ok im gonna try to address everyones questions/statements here in the single post lol.

1- I get the saftey thing. Im putting a cage in this winter, just didnt have time with my PCS here from Utah and I was deployed up until that point. So trust me, I get the safety aspect I just want to make a pass at sea level-ish finally. The car has everything else required on it, along with myself (Snell Helmet, fire jacket, ruggish good looks..etc)
2- Anything faster than a 11.50 requires a cage (Bolt in is fine till 9.99) in hardtop (Per NHRA, IHRA)
3- Yup I was up at Hill from 2006-2010 then I taught at the University of Utah on a weird assignment for the alst two years and now Im here working on the JSF. The snow is amazing up there and my last two years I had a house up in the mountains in Big Cottonwood Canyon. Freaking amazing. I do miss that. My Fiance still lives and has a house in Park City so I should be able to get some boarding in this winter. However, with DAs in the 7500 range, they can keep that. Lol.
4- Blowpastyou, the Outlaw 275 series is the most fun racing I have seen to date. You guys are nuts.
5- Im going to shut up now and make a post in the noob section so I dont get my pee pee slapped.

Thanks guys!
-Dan

NXcoupe
10-23-2013, 11:30 AM
Dan, First Welcome! Second, TriSate used to be the place to go with lax tech, but I hear they are cracking down on things as well now. I guess the insurance costs are strangling everyone nowdays.

D's01Snake
10-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Its seriously just easier to get a cage in the car, I just wanna get one run in Ohio this year. With that being said. Whats the options for cage builders around here?

draggin50
10-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Gary Rohe Race Cars!

leroy93lx
10-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Muncie Dragway here in Indiana will let you run 10s without a cage. Not a horrible drive from Dayton either.

dr59l
10-24-2013, 04:09 AM
U wanna just run1/8 u can run anything as fast as u want w zero tech at south Webster. Hell even has a hill at the end to slow u down.

700hp04mystic
10-24-2013, 05:44 AM
south Webster is shut down. they took the tree and stuff down already.

D's01Snake
10-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Im going to give Edgewater a shot on the 1st and see if I can finally go 10's. Realistically, if i just make 2 10.9x passes and get the boot, Id be happy anyways.

JIMS SVT
10-24-2013, 11:10 AM
May want to consider a retune since the altitude is a lot less out here.

D's01Snake
10-24-2013, 11:16 AM
Had the car tuned at precision when I first got here. I actually had that setup before I even found my house..lol

4n_eatr
10-24-2013, 11:48 AM
I'm going to keep my mouth shut and be a good little boy.... Precision and I have.... "history"

D's01Snake
10-24-2013, 11:56 AM
:pump: <--this kind?

redfirepearlgt
10-24-2013, 12:04 PM
Had the car tuned at precision when I first got here. I actually had that setup before I even found my house..lol

Jeff is a very nice guy. Has a wicked running Cobra. Don't know much about their tuning experience.

I have had great success with Adam who owns SandM Motorsports here in Cincinnati. He has a Mustang Dyno that can even make 1/4 mile pulls on. He can set it up for all different scenarios as I understand it. He just got this one since I was there a year back for retuning my 05.

D's01Snake
10-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Jeff is a very nice guy. Has a wicked running Cobra. Don't know much about their tuning experience.

I have had great success with Adam who owns SandM Motorsports here in Cincinnati. He has a Mustang Dyno that can even make 1/4 mile pulls on. He can set it up for all different scenarios as I understand it. He just got this one since I was there a year back for retuning my 05.

Jeff was a real standup guy and I would deal with him agian in a heart beat in all honesty. I had zero issues with them. His X275 car is insane to say the least. But like I said this was just my opinion without hearing anyone elses.

4n_eatr
10-24-2013, 12:48 PM
:pump: <--this kind?

Yup that kind. Jeff is a good guy and I knew him when he was working out of his garage at his house. My friends and I introduced him to "Doc" who now owned that twin turbo Cobra that's there all the time. If Jeff works on your car you won't have an issue. I just don't think he supervises his guys well enough. Of course that could have changed in the past few years since I've had my Camaro, but I one if my guys was in a forum saying he was going to beat the shit out of someone for having an issue with the shop I would have fired him before anyone else could respond.

draggin50
10-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Ive had nothing but good dealings with Jeff at Precision and Chad Boise. Both are good guys and always willing to help out. They did the tune on my Cobra and picked up 20hp and 30 ft lbs of torque over another well known out of state tuner. It will go back there in the future.

D's01Snake
10-24-2013, 12:59 PM
I even got a free T-shirt. But for real, my car has never ran so good. In fact its the first time I was able to get the idle low enough to actually hear the lope in my cams.

redfirepearlgt
10-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Yup that kind. Jeff is a good guy and I knew him when he was working out of his garage at his house. ... Of course that could have changed in the past few years since I've had my Camaro,...

Maybe it was the Camaro??? LOL! Had to jab at that Justin. LOL! :rolleyes:

4n_eatr
10-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Maybe it was the Camaro??? LOL! Had to jab at that Justin. LOL! :rolleyes:

Lol, it wasn't te Camaro part, it was the carb'd part honestly it wasn't Jeff. I know he knows his stuff, but he had his "carb expert" work on it and he messed it all up. If I brought a car into him and had HIM work on it I know it would turn out fine. I just don't trust anyone else there.

4n_eatr
10-24-2013, 02:06 PM
I even got a free T-shirt. But for real, my car has never ran so good. In fact its the first time I was able to get the idle low enough to actually hear the lope in my cams.

Damn! All I got was a sticker! Lol

D's01Snake
10-24-2013, 02:29 PM
Serious note though, where do you get some race gas around these parts? Nothing crazy looking for 110 or something.

JIMS SVT
10-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Edgewater has it. Or the marathon on 128 before Harrison ave. Also the gas station across from tristate has some.Adam at s&m or cincyspeed can get it too.

4n_eatr
10-24-2013, 04:00 PM
Duncan oil on Factory Rd in Beavercreek off of 35 has it as well