PDA

View Full Version : Guns, Guns, Guns

Goldenpony
10-27-2013, 09:45 PM
Thinking of getting a new Ruger LCP .380 with built in laser to go with my new CCW license. They call the LCP a "Mouse Gun", but this mouse roars (loaded with the right ammo).

Black92LX
10-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Pass!!
I had one for awhile and just did not like feeling under gunned.

duststang
10-28-2013, 08:38 AM
I have the LCP without the laser and the Bodyguard with the laser. I have never had a issue out of either. The trigger pull is hard to get a feel for. IMO these are cheap conceal guns that you point and shoot hence the reason LCP doesn't have sights. The body guard has sights and laser. The sights scratch my side, realistically you probably would not use the laser in a situation and barely can see in day time. Both have same trigger pull are about the same size and reliable but I tend to like the LCP better because it is smaller with out the laser. I would suggest you try it before you buy it.

cobraman302
10-28-2013, 09:28 AM
I can speak from experience on the bodyguard .380, but not the LCP .380 (they are very very similar in all aspects). They have a LONG trigger pull, and the laser is pretty much useless. The only time I would find the laser useful, would be a scenario where you have to pull the gun in a discrete manner and pop off a shot from the side, or around an object. Just be ready for a long, hard trigger pull. It's just the way they are, and to my knowledge...you cant do a trigger job on either one. Most you can do is break them in by shooting them a ton.

Having said that, I really like the Bodyguard .380 for it's concealability. I gat a Desantus pocket holster for it, and it hides very well in my front or back pocket...I can easily carry this as a second gun and not notice it much. It's a nice backup to my M&P 40c I carry (a bit too large in the summer time).

ibstrokin
10-28-2013, 01:02 PM
I carry a LCP, and really like it. It's light and easy to conceal, I wear it in a back pocket holster, and it's very easy to live with. As far as the trigger, yes it is long, but these aren't designed to be fun range guns, they are designed solely as defensive weapons, and the long heavy trigger is essentially the safety. I'm not a big fan of .380, but the reality is, I'm not trying to defend a position or get in a sustained gun fight, my goal will be to fight my way out of the fight. JMHO.

Goldenpony
10-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks guys. Good info to think about.

98stangv6
10-28-2013, 07:11 PM
9mm Beretta Nano! Very comfortable to carry.

4n_eatr
10-28-2013, 07:23 PM
In shot the LCP, the S&W (whatever it's called), Kelt-Tec, some of brad and a TCP. They've all been about the same as far as accuracy and reliability, but I love the trigger on the Taurus TCP much more than the rest. S&W coming in second (but you're going to pay for it)

Walter
10-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Kel-tec PF9 or Kimber ultra carry II depending on what im wearing. PF9 mainly when im on the bike cause its thin and a cheapie.

evil8
10-28-2013, 09:50 PM
I will second the Kimber Ultra Carry II. Walter and I are ballers.

Walter
10-28-2013, 10:01 PM
Ballin' out of control.

RACEME
10-29-2013, 07:58 AM
I have the Keltec 3AT (same as lcp). It is super easy to conceal. The long trigger pull is your safety. I also have the Sig P238. It is a way better gun, but much harder to conceal in a front pocket.

duststang
10-29-2013, 08:30 AM
this is why I like the little 380 easy carry.

Goldenpony
10-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Ordered an LCP tonight with the Lasermax laser. I'll give a followup when I get it and try it out.

jktruckin06
10-30-2013, 12:18 AM
Evil8 and or Walter. What brand and style are you guys using for the ultras? Leather or plastic? In or out of the waistband? And side or back? I need some good advice for what kind of holster to buy first.

Goldenpony
10-30-2013, 09:18 PM
I'm thinking of a wallet type holster for my LCP