PDA

View Full Version : HB 203

Pops Fun
10-29-2013, 07:28 PM
Hi
Went to Columbus to hear Proponent testimony about HB 203. Session opened at 10am with a couple other bills then a 2 hour caucus/lunch. Started hearing testimony around 3pm for the bill. Lots of good testimony.
During the 2 hr break a dozen of us did a little protest with signs and guns showing. :D

HB203 (http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8976) if passed will affect several things:
do away with duty to retreat
change reciprocity agreements
use ccl to buy guns without checks
lessen training hours.

Pops Fun
11-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Video of the House of Representatives vote on HB 203 We won

http://www.ohiochannel.org/MediaLibrary/Media.aspx?fileId=141322&startTime=9081&autoStart=True

89notch
11-22-2013, 07:34 PM
Its no secret I lean towards the liberal side but I for one was glad to see some reform come to the CCL laws. I personally hate the gun free zones people can put in their place of business. I know its their right as a property/business owner so I choose not to shop there. I however wouldn't mind if they did away with that portion of the law. I know its being discussed in committee right now and hope it goes away. Striping a law abiding citizen from having a firearm in no way prevents the non law abiding citizen from putting peoples safety in danger.

Black92LX
11-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Its no secret I lean towards the liberal side but I for one was glad to see some reform come to the CCL laws. I personally hate the gun free zones people can put in their place of business. I know its their right as a property/business owner so I choose not to shop there. I however wouldn't mind if they did away with that portion of the law. I know its being discussed in committee right now and hope it goes away. Striping a law abiding citizen from having a firearm in no way prevents the non law abiding citizen from putting peoples safety in danger.

Or make it like other states Ky in particular, it's not illegal to enter a posted establishment, just illegal to stay if asked to leave.

duststang
11-25-2013, 09:01 AM
IMOP, if they take your right away then they are liable for your protection. If anything does happen then they should be held accountable.

5.0calypso93lx
11-25-2013, 10:25 AM
IMOP, if they take your right away then they are liable for your protection. If anything does happen then they should be held accountable.

I like that. :bigthumb

Pops Fun
11-25-2013, 05:51 PM
A radio show with 3 views of HB 203 !!

http://wosu.org/2012/allsides/prospects-for-ohios-stand-your-ground-law/

04 Venom
11-26-2013, 03:08 PM

Its simply a matter of exercising their right as a property owner.

04 Venom
11-26-2013, 03:11 PM

Don't enter their property.

facemelter71
11-26-2013, 04:21 PM
They are liable if some thing happens to you and you cant defend yourself.

04 Venom
11-26-2013, 05:55 PM
They are liable if some thing happens to you and you cant defend yourself.

Show us a court decision where that has been the case.

facemelter71
11-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Let me rephrase it. They COULD BE held liable.

If you dont want people owning weapons,you need to move some where the government will take care of you.