PDA

View Full Version : WOW Thieves Strike Again And Stole My Old Terminator On Rt 4

1987LXVert
11-24-2013, 07:08 PM
I sold preferred this car last month guess someone didn't wanna pay for it. People are nuts I tell ya takes some big balls to pull this off in that kinda area unreal!!

http://preferredusedcars.com/details.cfm?searchvkid=1566072

devous1
11-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Sounds like some one in Ohio has a sweet tooth for Terminators.

1987LXVert
11-24-2013, 07:46 PM
I know its a bit crazy really. There was a lot of time and money invested in this car kinda sad to know it's probably in 1000 pieces by now!!

Walter
11-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Crazy how that happens. My pal had his 64 impala ss stolen right out of his drive way by a flat bed tow truck....

1987LXVert
11-24-2013, 08:30 PM
Crazy how that happens. My pal had his 64 impala ss stolen right out of his drive way by a flat bed tow truck....

Damn that's crazy!!

rtvickers
11-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Wow. That's a shame. There have been a lot of parts pop up lately on svtp in the terminator parts section. I get an alert everytime something is posted and it has been going crazy lately.

chris91
11-24-2013, 11:04 PM
Tommy you better start hiding yours somewhere. I'd be paranoid as fuck with it where it is. Tell ya what, we get our house I'll talk the wifely outta her garage spot and you can park there. Aha

rtvickers
11-25-2013, 12:03 AM
Trust me I'm paranoid as hell. Everytime I here something outside I go check it out. I have a garage to put it in but I wouldn't have anything to drive. We're trying to buy another Explorer. If we do I'm hoping to put it away.

jeep45238
11-25-2013, 12:58 AM
What about snagging up a crown vic? Far cheaper, and unless the snow is insane, just as good for most everything.

sean
11-25-2013, 01:59 AM
Sleep in car with a gun. Do the world a favor. I'm lucky. Old folks don't steal vettes. Lol

rtvickers
11-25-2013, 06:55 AM
I am on call for work 24/7. If it snows I have to go. We need something 4WD. And she need an SUV or truck for the business to do house calls. She fell in love with the Explorer I traded in for the Cobra. So she wants to get one identical to it. We found a few this weekend but none that were clean enough for her yet. Ive thought about getting a crown vic for daily driving but I wouldn't feel safe in it during an accumulating snow to drive from eastgate to Newport. I have a few security measures in place but if someone wants it their gonna get it. But if they do and I catch them in the act Ive got a big dog that barks fire and hes ready to bite.

We were down your way Saturday Sean. We were at the used car lot by you. I think I seen your car behind the fence but I didn't see you anywhere. We were only there like 5 minutes. Just long enough for someone to check their list to see if they had what she wanted.

devous1
11-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Normally when I trailer my cars somewhere I don't leave them out of my sight and I rarely go somewhere I have to spend the night. The Woodward Dream Cruise was the exception this year. I would only stay one night and I don't think I slept a wink all night. I though for sure I'd wake up and the whole damn set up would be gone. F450/48' trailer/stock Mach1/my Mach1 shit that's nearly 200k.

If the pricks want it they'll get it. A good friend of my had a zx7 in his garage parked behind a car and somehow they got it out from behind the car>

1987LXVert
11-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Broke ass low rent f####

Pitbull1052
11-25-2013, 11:20 AM
rt 4 has always been a bad place for car lot thefts.....

1987LXVert
11-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Weird thing I had to fire a clean up guy here at the shop I had a couple months back for stealing change out of customers cars and there also was a sata paint gun that came up missing. Well anyways he stopped in here at the shop a week or so ago and asked if I sold that car and I said yeah to preferred on rt 4 he said I knew that was it said i've looked at that car 4x already and I want it so damn bad. Probably just a quinky dink though!!

Blkcobra01
11-25-2013, 01:44 PM
I hate thieves RTvickers I dd a town car and it doesn't do bad in the snow if u got good tires cause of the weight so as long as you have a good set of tires a full tank of gas and maybe a little weight in the trunk a Vic wouldn't be bad I wouldn't hesitate for the right one.

Mista Bone
11-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Weird thing I had to fire a clean up guy here at the shop I had a couple months back for stealing change out of customers cars and there also was a sata paint gun that came up missing. Well anyways he stopped in here at the shop a week or so ago and asked if I sold that car and I said yeah to preferred on rt 4 he said I knew that was it said i've looked at that car 4x already and I want it so damn bad. Probably just a quinky dink though!!

Report that to the dealership or Fairfield police.

rtvickers
11-25-2013, 05:28 PM
I hate thieves RTvickers I dd a town car and it doesn't do bad in the snow if u got good tires cause of the weight so as long as you have a good set of tires a full tank of gas and maybe a little weight in the trunk a Vic wouldn't be bad I wouldn't hesitate for the right one.

Ive driven them in the snow before. We have 30+ of them at work. I could probably get by with one but it would be a very nervous drive. I would just feel safer in 4x4 truck or suv. I really need a truck anyway. Ive taken on the maintenance man duties since she bought this place so I need one for that.

Adam@S&MMotorsports
11-25-2013, 05:31 PM
This makes me want to put GPS tracking units on everything I own. Well with the exception of the race car, if it vanishes I get PAID! :lol:

mad max
11-25-2013, 05:50 PM
There was a mineral gray terminator stolen off a lot in Louisville last week also . Its a shame this low rent fucks do shit like this . Tommy have you received an insurance notice yet about how much yours is going up , if this shit continues I bet it will. I thought that was your car mike .

rtvickers
11-25-2013, 06:08 PM
There was a mineral gray terminator stolen off a lot in Louisville last week also . Its a shame this low rent fucks do shit like this . Tommy have you received an insurance notice yet about how much yours is going up , if this shit continues I bet it will. I thought that was your car mike .

I was thinking about that the other day. They haven't said anything yet. I hope it doesn't go up. Sure has been a lot of them taken lately. It makes me very nervous. But if they want it they'll find a way to get it. Its fully insured. It makes me sick to my stomach everytime I hear of one being taken. How could you just drag something like that up the road. Scumbags.

chris91
11-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Tommy do you have normal insurance on it or do you have the assumed value on it? If you have the plain Jane insurance they wont cover your big parts.

rtvickers
11-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Not sure but I think its the value of the car. I also bought gap insurance. Not sure how that comes into play.

chris91
11-25-2013, 06:27 PM
I'd talk to your agent to make sure.

rtvickers
11-25-2013, 06:31 PM
I don't really have any big parts on the car. But I'll check with them.

chris91
11-25-2013, 06:35 PM
I'd say that blower is a nice big part! You'd be stuck with a stock blower cobra if something happened.

rtvickers
11-25-2013, 06:49 PM
I'd say that blower is a nice big part! You'd be stuck with a stock blower cobra if something happened.

Maybe. If I bought another Cobra. Or even a Cobra with a blower.

SN95N/A
11-25-2013, 08:02 PM
You are not goin to dark side are you?

devous1
11-25-2013, 08:14 PM
This makes me want to put GPS tracking units on everything I own. Well with the exception of the race car, if it vanishes I get PAID! :lol:

I use them on my company vehicles and my daughters car. Some of them just plug into the diagnostic port or you can hardwire. We find them extremely useful in tracking our people and vehicles.

Gene
11-25-2013, 09:51 PM
Not sure but I think its the value of the car. I also bought gap insurance. Not sure how that comes into play.

Generally speaking gap insurance pays up to 150% of the current value of the car or the full amount of the money owed on the car.

If you have a substantial amount of mods on the car, you should look into a classic/collector car stated value policy. Conventional insurance policies rarely cover the value of modifications unless it's specifically stated (and even then it's usually a fight).

rtvickers
11-26-2013, 06:46 AM
You are not goin to dark side are you?

Who knows?

rtvickers
11-26-2013, 06:54 AM
Generally speaking gap insurance pays up to 150% of the current value of the car or the full amount of the money owed on the car.

If you have a substantial amount of mods on the car, you should look into a classic/collector car stated value policy. Conventional insurance policies rarely cover the value of modifications unless it's specifically stated (and even then it's usually a fight).

I really don't have big mods on the car that weren't on it when I bought it. I bought the car with the mods already on the car. If for some reason the car was a total loss. I have enough equity in the car to be able to pick up something else. I will look into other options on my insurance policy. But I don't want them to jack my rates up any higher than what they are. I haven't had any issues and they've been coming down a little. I don't think the GAP insurance would come into play since I owe way less than what the car is worth. Not sure.

devous1
11-26-2013, 07:03 AM
I don't know much about your car or how much you drive it but a lot of the classic/collector car insurance limits your annual mileage. I have my 03Mach1 insured as collector for 50k and I think it limits me to 5,000 miles a year. However the insurance is very reasonable.

rtvickers
11-26-2013, 08:04 AM
I've had it a little over 3yrs and I've put about 38K on it. So i drive it about 12-13K a yr.

mustang8998
11-26-2013, 07:56 PM
I don't know much about your car or how much you drive it but a lot of the classic/collector car insurance limits your annual mileage. I have my 03Mach1 insured as collector for 50k and I think it limits me to 5,000 miles a year. However the insurance is very reasonable.

If you don't mind me asking, what is done to the '03 Mach1, that you have it insured for that much?

Black Horse
11-26-2013, 08:17 PM
I use them on my company vehicles and my daughters car. Some of them just plug into the diagnostic port or you can hardwire. We find them extremely useful in tracking our people and vehicles.

What kind/brand of GPS units do you have/reccommend?

devous1
11-26-2013, 09:53 PM
I use Virtual Fleet Supervisor it's $25 a month but you can pinpoint the location of a vehicle and it's history. You can set notices if the car is moving during certain hours IE ours typically don't move on the weekends and it'll send a notification to your phone.

It's fairly cheap and easy to use.

My 03 Mach1 really doesn't have much stock on it other than the shell.

Livernois BB Stroker
Livernois Stage 3 Heads
Comp Blower Cams
Sullivan intake HPP top hat
Vortech V7 running a 2 belt system
ARE Headers with Stainless Works custom 3" stainless exhaust with electric cutouts
Custom aluminum radiator with fan and aluminum shroud/built in water pump
Moser M9 4:11s
Bogarts
Full Kenny Brown suspension and K member
Glenns Stainless Sumped tank running Eliminator pump all braided lines
The car has been completely rewired all wiring has been eliminated from the engine compartment. Were running BigStuff3 with LS coils, tucked the coils up under the Sullivan so you cant see them and using SHM carbon fiber valve covers for a really clean look. When the drivetrain was out I had all the holes in the engine compartment closed, everything smoothed out and repainted.
Carbon fiber hood and decklid
custom aluminum driveshaft
Aerospace Brakes
I had the stock tranny built with a circle D

Inside racepak dash to get rid of most of the gauges
B&M hammer
Kenny Brown street cage
Scott Rod seat delete
Corbeau seats and belts

NX Maximizer

There is a shit ton more but that is the gist of it.

PKFIRE
11-27-2013, 12:25 AM
It's messed up they are targeting these 03/04 Cobras. Especially so close to home.

mustang8998
11-27-2013, 04:35 AM
I use Virtual Fleet Supervisor it's $25 a month but you can pinpoint the location of a vehicle and it's history. You can set notices if the car is moving during certain hours IE ours typically don't move on the weekends and it'll send a notification to your phone.

It's fairly cheap and easy to use.

My 03 Mach1 really doesn't have much stock on it other than the shell.

Livernois BB Stroker
Livernois Stage 3 Heads
Comp Blower Cams
Sullivan intake HPP top hat
Vortech V7 running a 2 belt system
ARE Headers with Stainless Works custom 3" stainless exhaust with electric cutouts
Custom aluminum radiator with fan and aluminum shroud/built in water pump
Moser M9 4:11s
Bogarts
Full Kenny Brown suspension and K member
Glenns Stainless Sumped tank running Eliminator pump all braided lines
The car has been completely rewired all wiring has been eliminated from the engine compartment. Were running BigStuff3 with LS coils, tucked the coils up under the Sullivan so you cant see them and using SHM carbon fiber valve covers for a really clean look. When the drivetrain was out I had all the holes in the engine compartment closed, everything smoothed out and repainted.
Carbon fiber hood and decklid
custom aluminum driveshaft
Aerospace Brakes
I had the stock tranny built with a circle D

Inside racepak dash to get rid of most of the gauges
B&M hammer
Kenny Brown street cage
Scott Rod seat delete
Corbeau seats and belts

NX Maximizer

There is a shit ton more but that is the gist of it.

Nice!

Any times on it?

blown96cobra
11-27-2013, 10:27 AM
There was a highly modded black one that belongs to a friend of mine swiped from over this way....I've got my silver 03 Roller strapped down to the trailer rt now and I'm a nervous wreck if I hear anything go bump, slam or bang @ night.

1987LXVert
11-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Yeah it's def nuts. I mean if someone is gonna take one from such a place and area like this they will def take one in a more quiet and reserved area. To hook a chain to and drag a car at 1am down Rt4 blows my mind.

rtvickers
11-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Yeah it's def nuts. I mean if someone is gonna take one from such a place and area like this they will def take one in a more quiet and reserved area. To hook a chain to and drag a car at 1am down Rt4 blows my mind.

I agree. How does no one see or hear anything? I hope they catch the scrumbags.

rtvickers
11-27-2013, 04:46 PM
There was a highly modded black one that belongs to a friend of mine swiped from over this way....I've got my silver 03 Roller strapped down to the trailer rt now and I'm a nervous wreck if I hear anything go bump, slam or bang @ night.

Same here. Im a very paranoid person sometimes. Right now its on full tilt.

Did you get rid of the red Cobra?

1987LXVert
11-27-2013, 04:53 PM

I know right I mean hell you look suspect to the cops anymore at that time of night in any type of car your in let alone dragging one

PKFIRE
11-27-2013, 05:11 PM

Agreed, there is always someone on rt4. Seeing a car being pulled like this one should of put up some major red flags. Can't believe no noticed or called the cops.

rtvickers
11-27-2013, 05:14 PM
Agreed, there is always someone on rt4. Seeing a car being pulled like this one should of put up some major red flags. Can't believe no noticed or called the cops.

Make sure your keeping things in the garage. That's close to you.

PKFIRE
11-27-2013, 05:25 PM
Make sure your keeping things in the garage. That's close to you.

Yeah, it's locked up for the year. I still feel a bit nervous though. Shouldn't have to feel like that. How are you keeping yours?

rtvickers
11-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Yeah, it's locked up for the year. I still feel a bit nervous though. Shouldn't have to feel like that. How are you keeping yours?

You don't want to know. Its driven everyday. For now. Im thinking of picking up something like this. The one I use now doesn't do the things I want it to. I don't want to go into details about it on the forums. But this one seems to be very stealth. And don't need power from the car.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GPS-GPRS-GSM-Security-Tracker-Mini-A8-for-Kids-Children-People-Elder-Car-Auto-/141082015214

devous1
11-28-2013, 03:59 AM
Nice!

Any times on it?

The car was finished last spring and I think I drove it a total of 4 times. I never did get to a track but it pull really hard and I'm happy as hell with it.

The thing that jerks me off about all the cars that get jacked is that I can't think of any that are recovered. Except for the cars that are taken for joy rides.