http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5bT4hJ4B6M

http://www.cambertire.com/

thoughts??

4n_eatr
11-27-2013, 05:03 PM
What the hell is wrong with the world?

Black Horse
11-27-2013, 06:06 PM
On the surface, it actually seems like a decent idea. If you wanted to run autocross or track, show up with your daily driver, swap in the camber tires and go to it. I bet you would see better lap times than the street tire (although you probably would have to adjust your toe to keep it from being squirrley).

I am not sure, however it would be equal to or more of a benefit than actually putting the camber into your front geometry. I would be concerned with the tire roll and lift (contact patch) with this tire plus the unequal flex of the side wall (with one being shorter). I would be concerned that the change in tire diameter from one side to the other would lend to some "different" feel to your cornering depeneding on cornering speeds.

The video comparison only showed similar tire to the cambered, it did not show what would happen with the street tires with the camber adjustment.

As a road racer, we flip our tires over (not just rotate) to get the maximum life from them. You could not do that with these. Exteme cornering also tends to shave the tire with the lower adhesion corners being the worse for killing the tire flatness (rolling the edge). I can visualize the good tire patch degrading quickly with these tires as compared to a proper camber geometry. One good burnout or straightline minimal traction acceleration and the tall edge would be toast.

I would also be a bit suspect on how the geometry of the front end responds to these tires. While the camber looks to be not too radical, it would certainly change the geometry response vectors.

Maybe if I get bored I'll do some math.....naw.....decent idea but not worth the time.

Look like another ricer money extraction tool, I'll stick with my proven methods.

Mista Bone
11-28-2013, 12:10 PM
Just stiffen the inner sidewall, like the old BFG Comp T/A R1's from 15 years ago, LOL!