PDA

View Full Version : Build date?

rtvickers
12-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Im trying to find out the build date on my 04 Cobra. I called SVT, they gave me the build number but said I'd have to purchase an SVT certificate of authenticity to get the build date. I really don't want to spend $40 to get the number. I have it narrowed down within a month. Feb 5-March 5 of 2004. I did a google search on how to find the build date. The only thing I could find was talking about getting it off the door sticker. But I think they were talking about GT's. I looked at the sticker and it doesn't have a number like that. Any ideas on getting the date? Or can any of you guys that work at Ford get the number? If not its no big deal. I don't have to have it but it would be nice. Its for a thread on svtp. Kind of like a black cobra registry. Thanks

SN95N/A
12-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Unless cobras are different from any other vehicle I have owned it should say 2/04 or 3/04 on the sticker of driver door.maybe the cobra's are different im not sure.

rtvickers
12-02-2013, 07:38 PM
It was kind of dark when I looked. I could really tell. Im going to look again. But I was hoping to get an exact date.

redfirepearlgt
12-02-2013, 07:45 PM
Date is in the upper left corner on the sticker in the door jam area driver side. Will give you month and year.

SN95N/A
12-02-2013, 07:49 PM
It wont give you the day I have not the slightest clue If you can call someone to get that.

rtvickers
12-02-2013, 09:17 PM
I took a light out and checked the sticker and came up with 02/04. Id still like to find out the exact date. I should've remembered the date was on there. I cant tell you how many of them Ive seen on a crown vic doing oil changes. Duh!

redfirepearlgt
12-02-2013, 09:25 PM
I took a light out and checked the sticker and came up with 02/04. Id still like to find out the exact date. I should've remembered the date was on there. I cant tell you how many of them Ive seen on a crown vic doing oil changes. Duh!

Car fax may give the build/ship by day and month. I can't remember if they do or not even though that is the first thing I look at on a car fax before looking any further on a day of terminator browsing and day dreaming.

rtvickers
12-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Car fax may give the build/ship by day and month. I can't remember if they do or not even though that is the first thing I look at on a car fax before looking any further on a day of terminator browsing and day dreaming.

I had one but I don't remember what I did with it. Its not a huge deal. I'll break down one of these days and get the certificate and plates.

I would've thought by now you would've made a move on that ZY one. If I had the cash I would've been all over it.

MWoods26
12-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Spend the 40 bucks you cheap skate! :lol: Those SVT certifacates are a nice thing to have with a car. Ive ordered a few for 93 cobras I used to own that didnt have one when I bought them. They were only 20 bucks a few years back. I guess they got greedy at SVT

redfirepearlgt
12-03-2013, 12:14 AM
I had one but I don't remember what I did with it. Its not a huge deal. I'll break down one of these days and get the certificate and plates.

I would've thought by now you would've made a move on that ZY one. If I had the cash I would've been all over it.

Nah. The taste for a termy after 3 years of looking and/or trying has faded. As the prices on 07-09 GT500's begin to give way I think I will focus on that area in the future. Otherwise I will keep an eye open for a 13 GT with an Auto if I do anything. Ordered a Stage 3 Clutch and light weight steel flywheel for Oscar today, so will put that in after the first of the year. Just some added rest assurance with the added HP and torque from the Roush package.

MWoods26
12-03-2013, 12:24 AM
Nah. The taste for a termy after 3 years of looking and/or trying has faded. As the prices on 07-09 GT500's begin to give way I think I will focus on that area in the future. Otherwise I will keep an eye open for a 13 GT with an Auto if I do anything. Ordered a Stage 3 Clutch and light weight steel flywheel for Oscar today, so will put that in after the first of the year. Just some added rest assurance with the added HP and torque from the Roush package.

You looked for 3 years and cant pull the trigger on one! I thought I was pickey! Only took me 2 years to find "the one" and low mile, clean history, non front plate havin, whippled comp oranges are needles in hay stacks.

rtvickers
12-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Spend the 40 bucks you cheap skate! :lol: Those SVT certifacates are a nice thing to have with a car. Ive ordered a few for 93 cobras I used to own that didnt have one when I bought them. They were only 20 bucks a few years back. I guess they got greedy at SVT

Lol. I will. Probably after Christmas. Ill get the certificate and the build plates. I think I can get the build date through work. We deal ford on a daily basis. I forgot to give my vin to them before I left work today. If I remember I'll try tomorrow.

redfirepearlgt
12-03-2013, 05:41 PM
You looked for 3 years and cant pull the trigger on one! I thought I was pickey! Only took me 2 years to find "the one" and low mile, clean history, non front plate havin, whippled comp oranges are needles in hay stacks.

Picky and stingy. LOL! No regrets.

rtvickers
12-04-2013, 05:32 PM
I got Ford to do an oasis report today. My build date is 2-18-04.

draggin50
12-04-2013, 06:08 PM
I went ahead and spent the $40 and got my certificate coming. Where do you get the metal plaques at?

MWoods26
12-05-2013, 05:37 AM
I went ahead and spent the $40 and got my certificate coming. Where do you get the metal plaques at?

Theres a few different threads with links to order them over on SVTperformance more than one company makes them now and a couple different styles. The guy that made the original (and best looking ones) went out of business a few years ago