PDA

View Full Version : gold and silver

jktruckin06
12-28-2013, 12:03 PM
Any guys on here collect any precious metals? If so where are you getting it and what kind of prices.

I'm about to go score some 90% halves for $8 each and 40% for $3 each

MWoods26
12-28-2013, 10:22 PM
I dont collect it but recently bought a couple 100oz silver bars to put away as an investment. I searched for days and the best I could find was ebay. They came from MCM (Modern Coin Mart) who has an ebay store so I know they are legit. They were the cheapest over spot price than anywhere else I could find online. Also most places online charge an extra 3% if you use a credit card but buying off ebay I used my credit card through paypal and I get cash back on all my CC purchases so I even saved a few more bucks that way.. To bad siver has dipped a few bucks since I bough them :lol: Im not sweating it though I bought these for the long haul

http://www.moderncoinmart.com/

jktruckin06
12-29-2013, 12:38 AM
Nice man. They talk like silver will hit 40-50 an oz in the next couple years.

MWoods26
12-29-2013, 01:19 AM
Nice man. They talk like silver will hit 40-50 an oz in the next couple years.

Ive been hearing that and I hope it happens. Ive watched it for most of this year and finally pulled the trigger last month on the 2 100oz bars. If it gets cheaper in the near term Im going to double down and get 2 more.

devous1
12-29-2013, 07:49 AM
I don't follow gold, its just too damn expensive. Silver has dropped quite a bit in the last six months or so. I actually get mine from my local scrap dealer. With the business I have we do a lot of recycling and I have become pretty good friends with one of the owners. I don't normally buy it but sometimes I'll take some in on trade for stuff I'm selling.

I did trade one of the owners a Colt Hbar in excellent condition for $2200 in silver 1oz coins back during the Obama scare when everyone was wanting assault rifles. Since then silver has dumped, I think it was at 33 an oz then. I still made out like a bandit I only paid 600 for the gun.

devous1
12-29-2013, 08:03 AM
I was just browsing the MCM site and they had bars on there made by OPM Ohio Precious Metals. Turns out its in Jackson of all places but I went to their site and didn't see a way to buy direct. I'm personally holding off on precious metals till silver shows some sort of recovery. Its been on a downhill slide for a year and a half or so.

jktruckin06
12-29-2013, 10:19 AM
I just got a 1/10 oz Australian gold coin which is pretty cool. I don't see silver slipping below 18 an oz though. That's where it was before the last big boom.

The conspiracy theorists say the banks keep silver in check, I also heard the mining cost of silver was around 20 an oz and the mines won't remain open once they go in the red.

I would love to get some bad ass 100 oz bars, but that is some dough.