PDA

View Full Version : Where did everyone go?

1992MustangDW
01-13-2014, 07:32 PM
I used to get on this site and be logged on with 35 diffrent people. Every time i get on now im usually the only one or maybe 2 others. Hardly any crazy build threads anymore or anything for sale! We need to do something about this!!

2007ShelbyCobra
01-13-2014, 08:27 PM
#1 everyone is a dick on here
#2 they sold their mustang
#3 their car is broke/theyre broke financially, they go together

k062693w
01-13-2014, 08:37 PM
It went down hill when they Banned Maximus !!! Plain and Simple !!!

89notch
01-13-2014, 08:56 PM
It went down hill when they Banned Maximus !!! Plain and Simple !!!

Again what are you taking about? He isn't banned he just doesn't get on the board anymore.

k062693w
01-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Again what are you taking about? He isn't banned he just doesn't get on the board anymore.

Let me Rephrase ...
The Board went to $hit When Craig aka Maximus was trying to help the forum by organizing a T-shirt sale, By seeing how many were interested ... Which at the time there was a ton of it, Because people had been asking for quite.a while with No Response ...
Then someone on here decided to get a hold of Holly and Not give her the whole story of what he was trying to do for the Board ... Again because nobody else would step up !!!
Therefore Holly got a hold of Craig and basically told him that he couldn't do them because she owns SBZ, and a Big stink was started over it because she wasn't told the whole story by the member that felt the need to tattle on Craig !!!
But you already knew that didn't you Kelly ???

So therefore Craig decided to not come on here anymore for being reprimanded for trying to help !!!

Banned --- Bitched out for trying to Help and No longer participating ...

I say Tomato, you See Tomato !!!

Either way that whole incident is when it started downhill ... Plain and Simple ...

Clearer ???

cstreu1026
01-13-2014, 10:15 PM
Life has changed for a lot of the original members…kids, jobs, family etc. but this place went downhill when bitching and complaining about this place replaced racing and shooting the shit about racing as the top activities. Its nothing but bitching about how the site functions, the dirty dozen rules, the rules to post in the classifieds, and on and on and on.

redfirepearlgt
01-13-2014, 10:59 PM
Let me Rephrase ...
The Board went to $hit When Craig aka Maximus was trying to help the forum by organizing a T-shirt sale, By seeing how many were interested ... Which at the time there was a ton of it, Because people had been asking for quite.a while with No Response ...
Then someone on here decided to get a hold of Holly and Not give her the whole story of what he was trying to do for the Board ... Again because nobody else would step up !!!
Therefore Holly got a hold of Craig and basically told him that he couldn't do them because she owns SBZ, and a Big stink was started over it because she wasn't told the whole story by the member that felt the need to tattle on Craig !!!

So therefore Craig decided to not come on here anymore for being reprimanded for trying to help !!!

Either way that whole incident is when it started downhill ... Plain and Simple ...

Clearer ???

Sad but true. Was up to 113 T-shirts and counting.

89notch
01-13-2014, 11:42 PM
Let me Rephrase ...

Clearer ???
Some of that is true but most of it assumptions.

89notch
01-13-2014, 11:47 PM
To answer the original question social media is what's killing message boards. Before social media this is how people would communicate and talk about their hobby. Now with Facebook and how easy it is to share pictures and posts it's killing Web based boards.

k062693w
01-14-2014, 12:01 AM
Let me Rephrase ...
The Board went to $hit When Craig aka Maximus was trying to help the forum by organizing a T-shirt sale, By seeing how many were interested ... Which at the time there was a ton of it, Because people had been asking for quite.a while with No Response ... NOT an Assumption ... Plenty of posts to prove it !!!
Then someone on here decided to get a hold of Holly and Not give her the whole story of what he was trying to do for the Board ... Again because nobody else would step up !!! NOT an Assumption ... Holly Admitted in her post she WAS NOT told the whole story !!!
Therefore Holly got a hold of Craig and basically told him that he couldn't do them because she owns SBZ, and a Big stink was started over it because she wasn't told the whole story by the member that felt the need to tattle on Craig !!! NOT an Assumption ... Craig has said this is what happened !!!
But you already knew that didn't you Kelly ??? NOT an Assumption ... Was asking a question !!!

So therefore Craig decided to not come on here anymore for being reprimanded for trying to help !!! NOT an Assumption ... Look at the posts about it !!!

Clearer ???

Some of that is true but most of it assumptions.

Now would you care to explain what I Assumed !!!

OH I got it ... It must be the I say Tomato, You See Tomato part ??? :bigthumb

Rick93coupe
01-14-2014, 12:55 AM
Social media has surely taken some of the traffic but how the site has been ran is what has killed it. I'm here everyday hoping to see something good from people close to me but shit has been done wrong here so many times it's turned people off. Everyone is jaded and pissy for the most part, you see it in the snarky comments and jabs. The turbo forums, Corral and Yellow Bullet are alive and well.

NXcoupe
01-14-2014, 12:56 AM
Now would you care to explain what I Assumed !!!

OH I got it ... It must be the I say Tomato, You See Tomato part ??? :bigthumb

Aaron, Holley was on the board at least a few times a week. She saw the post, she reacted to it. Craig reacted to her reaction, they had a falling out, and sadly, Craig felt the need to leave. It was a sucky situation and I hate that it keeps being brought back up as it does absolutely nothing positive except let a bunch of people get riled up over it.
It wasn't a conspiracy, it was something between two friends that went badly. I tried talking to Craig, and talking to Holly, but it didn't do a damn bit of good.

All in all, I'm not on here as much because I just can't stand all the drama and hate being slung around on here. It had died down some, and was starting to look like the board it was 10 years ago, but now it seems it's coming back around.

Aaron, if you have a solution to the issues on the board, I'm all ears as well as pretty much everyone else on the board. I want it to be a great car site that everyone wants to check in on daily and people get along somewhat. If you feel better PM'ing, cool, like I said, I really value yours and everyone elses opinions on this, but lets be constructive and move forward.

pegasus
01-14-2014, 12:56 AM
Popcorn is in the microwave

Mista Bone
01-14-2014, 05:53 AM
If a car or forum is not maintained and kept up, it falls apart. Which is what we have here.

Once a forum starts to fade and folks turn to Facebook, might as well pull the plug.

Be very glad the spammers haven't found this site, likely due to the low traffic. Tp prevent this the vB needs upgraded to 4.x as the newest vB 5.x has major issues. I know it is a PITA to move from 3.x to 4.x, glad I wasn't involved in that mess.

The forum was having issues with Danica (GoDaddy.com) crashing and was moved to Amazon servers, then the new software loaded and converted, not an easy task.

facemelter71
01-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Aaron, Holley was on the board at least a few times a week. She saw the post, she reacted to it. Craig reacted to her reaction, they had a falling out, and sadly, Craig felt the need to leave. It was a sucky situation and I hate that it keeps being brought back up as it does absolutely nothing positive except let a bunch of people get riled up over it.
It wasn't a conspiracy, it was something between two friends that went badly. I tried talking to Craig, and talking to Holly, but it didn't do a damn bit of good.

All in all, I'm not on here as much because I just can't stand all the drama and hate being slung around on here. It had died down some, and was starting to look like the board it was 10 years ago, but now it seems it's coming back around.

Aaron, if you have a solution to the issues on the board, I'm all ears as well as pretty much everyone else on the board. I want it to be a great car site that everyone wants to check in on daily and people get along somewhat. If you feel better PM'ing, cool, like I said, I really value yours and everyone elses opinions on this, but lets be constructive and move forward.

HAHAHAHA,really?
Want me to dig up the SHITLOAD of threads that have been started about making this board a better place. It has been brought up so many times its not funny.
You want peoples input but NEVER DO SHIT ABOUT IT. Vbullitin needs updated,how about starting from that point?

facemelter71
01-14-2014, 11:49 AM
#1 everyone is a dick on here
#2 they sold their mustang
#3 their car is broke/theyre broke financially, they go together

Thats funny you calling every one a dick. Head over to CSS and tell me they are all nice to you. Pretty bold statement to make.

pegasus
01-14-2014, 12:23 PM
Thats funny you calling every one a dick. Head over to CSS and tell me they are all nice to you. Pretty bold statement to make.

dude take a chill pill i took it as a joke

Rick93coupe
01-14-2014, 01:15 PM
If we could have a conversation about it without it turning into a bitch session that would be helpful. As soon as one person vents the threads go to shit because everyone follows suit.
There's no question everyone is pissed off about something or another but how do you move forward? That's an honest question, I don't know how to turn things around. If you have a suggestion, can you say it without sounding like a dick? That's why the threads go sour.
From what I've read money has been an issue for awhile so updating VB may be a task. Have any ideas without bringing up the past T-shirt fiasco?

Rick93coupe
01-14-2014, 01:31 PM
I just thought of one thing a minute ago, I don't think there should ever be a reason to ban somebody from the site unless they're a scammer and are ripping people off of their money. The ignore feature works perfectly on every other website I've ever been to. If you don't like somebody, or don't want to hear what they have to say. Just put them on ignore. It really doesn't get any easier than that. When you ban somebody, the first thing it does is rile up all of their friends, the next thing you know you got 40 people who left the website over something that didn't need to happen in the first place.

mustangboy
01-14-2014, 01:56 PM
SB is kinda like that old car in a field that still runs but is just sitting there rotting. People see it and ask if they can take it off the owners hands to restore but the owner always says they are gonna fix it up one day. But yet it is left to sit and rot.

cstreu1026
01-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Rick is spot on. Everytime this sort of thing comes up it turns in to nothing but finger pointing and a real bitch fest. Nothing productive comes out of it.

Rick93coupe
01-14-2014, 02:21 PM
SB is kinda like that old car in a field that still runs but is just sitting there rotting. People see it and ask if they can take it off the owners hands to restore but the owner always says they are gonna fix it up one day. But yet it is left to sit and rot.

That's a pretty good analogy.

NO SHOT
01-14-2014, 02:26 PM

One of the best sbz posts ever......

mwaller5672
01-14-2014, 02:57 PM
See you guys do it. When something like this starts don't comment. That makes you part of the problem. Everyone above me is part of the problem. Wait does that make me part of the problem. This post does

Rick93coupe
01-14-2014, 03:04 PM
I know what your saying and your right to a degree. There's no doubt that post summarized what has been going on for a long time but it's not really helpful. We all know what's been going on. How do we move on from here?

NXcoupe
01-14-2014, 04:24 PM

HAHAHAHA,really?
Want me to dig up the SHITLOAD of threads that have been started about making this board a better place. It has been brought up so many times its not funny.
You want peoples input but NEVER DO SHIT ABOUT IT. Vbullitin needs updated,how about starting from that point?

Thanks for your input. I was not able to do anything about it before. I said, lets move forward from this point. I hear a lot of bitching, but all in all, the board still basically functions.
Updating Vbulletin is in the works. So is alternative hosting. Lets move on, if you don't like me for some reason cool, but all I did was ask a question. If you have input, let me know.

redfirepearlgt
01-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Maybe its time one of the big guns posted a date and time for everyone to show up to a certain Hooters (unannounced to Hooters of course :)), have a great big group hug, talk of the glory days, maybe a burn out or two :eek:, and actually have some face-face conversations and interaction. After all, internet activity only goes so far.

Maybe some old wounds could be healed in the process. :bigthumb

rtvickers
01-14-2014, 05:41 PM
First thing I would do to move forward would be post an apology to Craig and send him an email with an invite to come back. But it has to come from the right person. He did nothing wrong and was only trying to help this place out. Someone got some bad info on what he was doing and started accusing him of things. I think that would be a good step in the right direction.

chris91
01-14-2014, 05:59 PM
First thing I would do to move forward would be post an apology to Craig and send him an email with an invite to come back. But it has to come from the right person. He did nothing wrong and was only trying to help this place out. Someone got some bad info on what he was doing and started accusing him of things. I think that would be a good step in the right direction.

I totally agree with this. I feel Craig leaving took a toll on the site. After Vinny passed, a lot of people were looking to Craig to step into the spotlight. I know that could NEVER be done but he did a great job of keeping the sanity here.

NXcoupe
01-14-2014, 11:07 PM
I totally agree with this. I feel Craig leaving took a toll on the site. After Vinny passed, a lot of people were looking to Craig to step into the spotlight. I know that could NEVER be done but he did a great job of keeping the sanity here.

Chris, I agree. I'd like to see him come back. I'll do what I can. He is a grown man, he'll do as he wishes, but I'll at least try.

Mista Bone
01-15-2014, 02:32 AM
I believe that bridge was burnt and fell into the gorge of despair never to come back.

Any momentum of getting SBZ back onto the right track ended with the T-Shirt issue.

Mista Bone
01-15-2014, 02:34 AM
I believe that bridge was burnt and fell into the gorge of despair never to come back.

Any momentum of getting SBZ back onto the right track ended with the T-Shirt issue.

2Kblacksleeper
01-15-2014, 08:55 AM
There was a post on one of the fb fox body groups the other day asking about Sbz. They were asking how long it takes to get approved as a member. At least 4 people said they had been waiting for almost 4 weeks.

That could be a start.........

bbford
01-15-2014, 11:19 AM
I used to get on this site and be logged on with 35 diffrent people. Every time i get on now im usually the only one or maybe 2 others. Hardly any crazy build threads anymore or anything for sale! We need to do something about this!!

I agree 100 percent, used to you could get on here and find anything you would ever need for your mustang in the parts for sale. Hell you could even find good deals on mustangs, Now you have to have a certain amount of bullshit posts before you can even make ads in them sections. And you cant get your post count up because there are never any new threads or anyone on here to talk to. Its like a big downward cycle. Its sad to see the shape this site is in today

mwaller5672
01-15-2014, 11:30 AM
I have noticed that for sale is down a lot. That was always part of the fun. I bought a lot of items on here. You know if you put something up for sale not that many people will see it now.

SN95N/A
01-15-2014, 12:24 PM
People prolly don't post parts on here cause its like pulling teeth too sell anything on here,Ive sold a bunch of parts on here but when you got a site like svtperformance or craigs where theres alot more interest in things.I have a ton of parts for sale but I didn't even bother putting most of the stuff on here.Most people either want too trade an old coleman bbq grill or some dirty pocket lint for what you post up.

1baddlx
01-15-2014, 04:15 PM
I agree 100 percent, used to you could get on here and find anything you would ever need for your mustang in the parts for sale. Hell you could even find good deals on mustangs, Now you have to have a certain amount of bullshit posts before you can even make ads in them sections. And you cant get your post count up because there are never any new threads or anyone on here to talk to. Its like a big downward cycle. Its sad to see the shape this site is in today

Considering your post count and how long you've been a member I'd say you haven't participated much ...just saying.

cstreu1026
01-15-2014, 04:39 PM
The minimum post count for posting in the classifieds is to keep the site from being nothing more than Craiglist which it was close to becoming.

Rick93coupe
01-15-2014, 05:32 PM
There's def a login issue, my buddy Dave has tried to get back on multiple times after forgetting his password, has tried for months. The email an admin hasn't worked for him.
The minimum post count keeps scammers to a minimum. You don't see many so and so ripped me off threads for a reason. I think most of us would rather buy from someone we know anyway. With traffic down I can see how getting post count up would be rough though.

bbford
01-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Considering your post count and how long you've been a member I'd say you haven't participated much ...just saying.

Well I have been a member on this site every since day one. My old screen name doesn't work for some reason. I can log in with it and that is far as it will go.( locks up ). I have emailed people about it hell even started a thread about it once and it never got fixed. Easier to make a new name. But I guess if sitting on 73 racing Vinny and Silver bullet back in the day isn't participating much then I guess I haven't.. Just saying

1baddlx
01-16-2014, 08:36 PM
Well I have been a member on this site every since day one. My old screen name doesn't work for some reason. I can log in with it and that is far as it will go.( locks up ). I have emailed people about it hell even started a thread about it once and it never got fixed. Easier to make a new name. But I guess if sitting on 73 racing Vinny and Silver bullet back in the day isn't participating much then I guess I haven't.. Just saying
I never had the opportunity to meet them but I have however been a part of this....so now you know that then instead of excuse making start posting again and move on...

04 Venom
01-16-2014, 10:26 PM
Bring back Maximus.

plated
01-16-2014, 10:48 PM
Bring back Maximus.
We're on Facebook all day, alot of the sbz veterans are on FB rip vinny/sbz

cstreu1026
01-16-2014, 11:05 PM
I've heard enough bitching and complaining and am trying to fix what needs fixing so hang tight.

sean
01-16-2014, 11:13 PM
We lost the little things we did. It started with the hanging out and ended with the death of the spring and fall cruise. I always looked forward to those. Some years I didn't have a mustang for either one of them but that never stopped me from parking with the mustangs. Even when we had a cruise in very few people showed. The reason I chose this site is because it was local. I like mustangs but it wasn't all about the mustangs. It was about all kinds of cars and people hanging out and helping each other. I was one of the ones watching the founders of this group slowly leave. I always asked what happened and where did everyone go. Now I find myself being one of the older members and I'm never here any more. Well no where near as much as I used to be. The shirt thing was annoying but I guess what got me was the notion that the site was about money. How it costs so much money and no one was helping. Then we all came up with ways to help and donate but all that happened was more bitching. I just don't feel connected any more. I really don't know how this place has survived this long.

chris91
01-16-2014, 11:16 PM
Good deal man! If I can be of any help let me know.

Plated you say this all the time about you guys talking everyday on FB. Now bring him back over here since youre such good buds with him!!

Adam@S&MMotorsports
01-16-2014, 11:21 PM

This post made me giggle :lol::lol:

mustangboy
01-17-2014, 01:17 AM
This post made me giggle

I make all the girls giggle:D

chris91
01-17-2014, 01:25 AM
I make all the girls giggle:D

ROFL That sounds like a personal problem. Might wanna keep that on the DL. LOL!!

Kwik92GT
01-17-2014, 02:22 AM
I doubt the site can be saved at this point but if you want to start getting it anywhere near it's former glory, you need to start at the top. Get the people who are currently in top positions on this site GONE, and by gone I mean you remove them from any position of authority or influence on this board. Period. You need people who honestly still love this board and actually come here. Get people who have good heads on their shoulders and no PERSONAL vendettas against any other members of this site, past or present, in the key positions.

Un-ban most, if not all, of past banned members and let them know there are new sheriffs in town and they are once again welcome here. Get people like Craig back, I know he wasn't "banned", and let him put some energy back in this place like he was before that whole t-shirt fiasco. Start treating our vendors with some modicum of respect so they will once again want to invest their time and money back into this site. LISTEN to your members. Quit bitching about their bitching when all they are doing is voicing an opinion. Perception is reality for people, if you don't understand that, you have no business being a moderator or anything more than a member on here. Most of you "men" have toilet paper for skin and hearts that I can only assume pump Kool-Aid. Without members this board is nothing. Some of you really need to think about that.

There is PLENTY more that would need to be done here but it's a start. The problem with any of this though is the owner. They don't care about this site. And it shows. There is plenty of lip service about the caring of this site, etc., but the proof is right here in front of all of us. My eyes work way better than my ears and over the past few years I've seen the slow, deliberate, dismantling of this once awesome site. The sad truth is, until you have an owner with the kind of love and passion for this hobby as Vinny had, this site will most likely never recover. I'm not saying things can't improve here, but it will only get as far as the proper people will allow.

draggin50
01-17-2014, 02:23 AM
Atleast its running faster now!!! That shit was getting old!

Now lets get some cruise's in the works, some good ole drag racing, and hang out...

XOS has some of the best racing around and is always a lot of members there! Come hang out and enjoy the cars!

DSSKing68
01-17-2014, 07:27 AM
Remember the days of the KOC cruise in, burn outs, buell motorcycle crashes....trips to Louisville to hang with other mustang clubs, NMRA columbus and bowling green (burning picnic tables..LOL). How hard is it to get back to those days? We used to have a ton of cars at the shows....remember when we overtook the Wayne Homes show? Tri-State Mustang Club got "Stangbanged".....LOL

It seems easy, but life seems a lot busier now.

89notch
01-17-2014, 08:14 AM
I can tell you I don't have any time to commit here anymore. I have no problem stepping aside and letting someone else have my spot. I also don't have a problem bringing back banned members.

k062693w
01-17-2014, 10:40 AM
I doubt the site can be saved at this point but if you want to start getting it anywhere near it's former glory, you need to start at the top. Get the people who are currently in top positions on this site GONE, and by gone I mean you remove them from any position of authority or influence on this board. Period. You need people who honestly still love this board and actually come here. Get people who have good heads on their shoulders and no PERSONAL vendettas against any other members of this site, past or present, in the key positions.

Un-ban most, if not all, of past banned members and let them know there are new sheriffs in town and they are once again welcome here. Get people like Craig back, I know he wasn't "banned", and let him put some energy back in this place like he was before that whole t-shirt fiasco. Start treating our vendors with some modicum of respect so they will once again want to invest their time and money back into this site. LISTEN to your members. Quit bitching about their bitching when all they are doing is voicing an opinion. Perception is reality for people, if you don't understand that, you have no business being a moderator or anything more than a member on here. Most of you "men" have toilet paper for skin and hearts that I can only assume pump Kool-Aid. Without members this board is nothing. Some of you really need to think about that.

There is PLENTY more that would need to be done here but it's a start. The problem with any of this though is the owner. They don't care about this site. And it shows. There is plenty of lip service about the caring of this site, etc., but the proof is right here in front of all of us. My eyes work way better than my ears and over the past few years I've seen the slow, deliberate, dismantling of this once awesome site. The sad truth is, until you have an owner with the kind of love and passion for this hobby as Vinny had, this site will most likely never recover. I'm not saying things can't improve here, but it will only get as far as the proper people will allow.

Very well said !!! I agree 100% ...

chris91
01-17-2014, 04:40 PM
I can tell you I don't have any time to commit here anymore. I have no problem stepping aside and letting someone else have my spot. I also don't have a problem bringing back banned members.

With that said I think Metcalf should be brought back as well as Rob. Im sure there are quite a few others. I think if we could talk Craig into coming back he would be a good fit for your position there Kelly. Takes a man to admit to not being able to keep up with it all. Thanks for doing this for the site. We all appreciate it!

Id love to take on some more authority around here though dont get me wrong. Just dont want to be one of the main Admins. Id definitely appreciate whatever is decided. :D

sean
01-17-2014, 04:58 PM
I'll see if I can get a hold of Brian graham. Come on excopcar. Lol

facemelter71
01-17-2014, 05:28 PM

No...........

chris91
01-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Yeah thats definitely one member that needs to keep his distance.

89notch
01-17-2014, 07:41 PM
I don't care is Metcalf comes back I've already told the other admins that's fine with me. Rob is still here

Rick93coupe
01-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Remember the ignore feature can be your best friend.

:lol:

Mista Bone
01-17-2014, 07:50 PM

They only let him out a few weeks a year until the state takes him back in it seems.

BG moved onto Yellowbullet, that was comical....

Whyucryn
01-18-2014, 01:46 AM
With that said I think Metcalf should be brought back as well as Rob. Im sure there are quite a few others. I think if we could talk Craig into coming back he would be a good fit for your position there Kelly. Takes a man to admit to not being able to keep up with it all. Thanks for doing this for the site. We all appreciate it!

Id love to take on some more authority around here though dont get me wrong. Just dont want to be one of the main Admins. Id definitely appreciate whatever is decided. :D

Those guys are absolute dicks. I would NOT let them back on here. They're nothing but negative people and only here to stir the pot. If they come back, I'm leaving.

k062693w
01-18-2014, 02:04 AM
Bring Craig back, But that Rob guy is a Real A$$HOLE !!!

Rick93coupe
01-18-2014, 02:33 AM
Lmao, "I'm with you fellers".

1baddlx
01-18-2014, 08:48 AM
Where's shady shaun?is he hanging out with evil8 these days?

NXcoupe
01-18-2014, 12:30 PM
Those guys are absolute dicks. I would NOT let them back on here. They're nothing but negative people and only here to stir the pot. If they come back, I'm leaving.

Rob, er, I mean cryin, does Craig even want back on? I know I miss reading his posts. Besides, the whippin room has been pretty boring since he left.

evil8
01-18-2014, 12:40 PM
This current crop of mods are dickholes. Ackbar, Rob and Metcalf brought the excitement in. The Midnight Mafia all have Golden Buckeye cards.

The BEST Mustang meet in the Tristate is put on by a Chevy Guy and a Mustang guy thats rocking a SBC!

Mista Bone
01-18-2014, 01:26 PM
Rob, er, I mean cryin, does Craig even want back on? I know I miss reading his posts. Besides, the whippin room has been pretty boring since he left.

Someone would need to build one heck of a bridge for that to happen I believe.

PS: Three years until my AARP card comes in the mail!!!!

k062693w
01-18-2014, 02:09 PM
^^^ WOW so that means you're a whole 47 years old ??? I'm surprised you're still able to form a coherent sentence at your ADVANCED age !!!

bbfstanger
01-18-2014, 02:35 PM
it would be a nice change if the logo's and shirts etc. had some updates , flames and tribal have definately been done!
maybe change the board colors up ?
fresh people in charge is moving in the right direction. it is crazy the mods and such that havent been on in yr's or even have a stang.

beefcake
01-18-2014, 03:17 PM
I think the shirt ordeal was the final straw for a lot of people.

The cruises being gone isn't helping.

The constant whining about the dozen. That's a huge thing. No one can win.

When Craig was handling the dozen, it wasn't any different than when I was handling it.

Everyone wants to cry that there car is a street car when it's not. Everyone wants to whine that they don't get to be on the list when they made 2 posts in the year.

It's the same every year come October. Whoever was handling the list did nothing but catch shit from everyone.

Hell, even with a "no name" person handling it. Still isn't much interest.

A lot of the other original guys don't hardly post.

A couple reasons, some just don't have a mustang any more. Some have developed families and it just isn't a priority.

Back in the day, it was about Mustangs, hanging out, drag racing, helping each other out, having a good time.

I don't think social media has anything to do with it. Big Mustang sites like svtp, corral, s197, etc.. are bigger than ever.

You need some heart in this place, the problem is, any time anyone tries to infuse some good hear. The bad bunch just beat em down.

Look at Chad last year. Great guy, big heart, gung ho about helping out. It took all of about 2 months for the shit heads here to break him down and he stepped down from moderating.

Who want to deal with all the negativity. I sure don't.

Kwik92GT
01-18-2014, 03:20 PM
This current crop of mods are dickholes. Ackbar, Rob and Metcalf brought the excitement in. The Midnight Mafia all have Golden Buckeye cards.

The BEST Mustang meet in the Tristate is put on by a Chevy Guy and a Mustang guy thats rocking a SBC!

Next time I see you I'm hitting you in the shin with my cane.:AR15:

Kwik92GT
01-18-2014, 03:28 PM
I think the shirt ordeal was the final straw for a lot of people.

The cruises being gone isn't helping.

The constant whining about the dozen. That's a huge thing. No one can win.

When Craig was handling the dozen, it wasn't any different than when I was handling it.

Everyone wants to cry that there car is a street car when it's not. Everyone wants to whine that they don't get to be on the list when they made 2 posts in the year.

It's the same every year come October. Whoever was handling the list did nothing but catch shit from everyone.

Hell, even with a "no name" person handling it. Still isn't much interest.

A lot of the other original guys don't hardly post.

A couple reasons, some just don't have a mustang any more. Some have developed families and it just isn't a priority.

Back in the day, it was about Mustangs, hanging out, drag racing, helping each other out, having a good time.

I don't think social media has anything to do with it. Big Mustang sites like svtp, corral, s197, etc.. are bigger than ever.

You need some heart in this place, the problem is, any time anyone tries to infuse some good hear. The bad bunch just beat em down.

Look at Chad last year. Great guy, big heart, gung ho about helping out. It took all of about 2 months for the shit heads here to break him down and he stepped down from moderating.

Who want to deal with all the negativity. I sure don't.

Case in point to my previous post.

Kwik92GT
01-18-2014, 05:08 PM
The Dirty Dozen is easy, you guys make it difficult. Is everyone ever going to be happy with it? NO. Can it be 1000% better than it is now and have much more interest? YES!

Is there really an interest to get this site back to something close to what it was previously? Craig was almost single handedly bringing this site back from the dead, enthusiasm and optimism were up, people were getting excited about meetings and other members builds again, etc., ..... Then you have the whole t-shirt fiasco. The upper echelon here killed it (not just the owner) and it had NOTHING to do with their thinking Craig was going to do something he shouldn't with the profits. Anyone with half a brain knew what he was doing and going to do. He tried to bring this place back and got stabbed right in the back for it.

The iron-fist mentality here has, and is, killing the site. That kind of thing just doesn't work for a place that should be fun. You can't have members fearing that every time they have a disagreement with another member, mod, or whoever, that they will be banned. The abuse of power here has been ridiculous.

Look, it still all comes down to "If you don't have the right people in the right places, this site will never be much more than what it is now". Passion for the hobby and for the growth of this site are key. You need energy and a true love for the hobby that goes deeper than profiting from it. Vinny brought that, as did Craig. The formula is there, you just need to follow it.

2007ShelbyCobra
01-18-2014, 05:48 PM
This is the first thing that comes to mind when I think "stangbangerz". The cruise ins just kept getting smaller and smaller http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb16ffCgttw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_tzPwaodIg

Rick93coupe
01-18-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm not sure how many people know about it but both Miamisburg and Germantown have monthly car shows where they shut down the Main Street, there's live music and vendors as well as a few good restaurant's to get food and drinks. I plan on hitting several this summer, it would be great to get a bunch of Bangerz to make a showing.

NXcoupe
01-18-2014, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure how many people know about it but both Miamisburg and Germantown have monthly car shows where they shut down the Main Street, there's live music and vendors as well as a few good restaurant's to get food and drinks. I plan on hitting several this summer, it would be great to get a bunch of Bangerz to make a showing.

I agree, this year I'm going to make it out.

redfirepearlgt
01-18-2014, 08:23 PM

Send me a PM on this if you know day of the week and location and of course when it officialy kicks off. We have been trying to find things in the Dayton area to do. There still is an active group of us down this way. THanks for posting.

k062693w
01-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Send me a PM on this if you know day of the week and location and of course when it officialy kicks off. We have been trying to find things in the Dayton area to do. There still is an active group of us down this way. THanks for posting.

:confused: Why a PM ??? Wouldn't it benefit the site more for him to post it for everyone to see ???

I would like to make it to some of them Rick ... Although I don't know if I am still welcome in Germantown ??? LOL

leroy93lx
01-18-2014, 09:46 PM
I am in for Miamisburg and Germantown. That is a nice drive from my area.

evil8
01-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Thats it, I am unbanning Ackbar, BDS, Metcalf and Sparky.

bbfstanger
01-18-2014, 11:15 PM
:confused: Why a PM ??? Wouldn't it benefit the site more for him to post it for everyone to see ???

I would like to make it to some of them Rick ... Although I don't know if I am still welcome in Germantown ??? LOL

haters gonna hate!!

Goober
01-18-2014, 11:18 PM
2 words.

Free Ackbar.

Whyucryn
01-18-2014, 11:32 PM

I doubt Craig would want to come back. Our website does decent and has some of the biggest names in racing on it. For anyone to say social media hasn't hurt forums any is crazy. It's definitely hurt some. Stangbangerz was once a great thing but as time, things need change... And every time change is mentioned everyone wants to start the "Vinny this and Vinny that". I'm not saying the website should change completely and forget who this website was founded by.. I'm saying it just needs change. The dirty dozen needs to be the fastest 12 cars around that are known to be seen on the streets.. Not the fastest daily driver or the fastest with a/c and heat and blah blah blah. And that's just the tip of the iceberg

redfirepearlgt
01-18-2014, 11:55 PM

DO that as well. I don't care. I just wanted a PM so I would have a reminder so I could post it up in the event others forgot about it when things got closer to the time this would start happening. Unlike many I drag my old bones out to socialize on Saturdays and Sundays when I can. I actually enjoy meeting people and having a conversation using verbal skills.

Rick93coupe
01-19-2014, 01:21 AM
I'll make a post about it later in the spring with the dates. I know for certain Germantown calls theirs "Saturday Night Out" and it's 1 weekend a month. I think it starts in June. That would be cool if we could make a showing!

sean
01-19-2014, 01:46 AM
Cool. I'll get my non mustang out with the guys this year.

maverick
01-19-2014, 01:54 AM
I say... Let's stop complaining about all the negatives, It will never be what it used to be, but... let's focus on what it can be, This can be the year, we all get together and make it a great year for local Mustang enthusiasts... and yes, I have had a few beers

sean
01-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Maverick I don't have a damn mustang.

chris91
01-19-2014, 11:08 AM
Maverick I don't have a damn mustang.

With all the bike and truck purchases you could have a nice lil fox sitting next to the vette! I bet you could find someone on here to help you pick out a nice cheap one. Just don't steal their jacket. LoL

evil8
01-19-2014, 11:12 AM
Excopcar ....the ban has been lifted.

draggin50
01-19-2014, 11:46 AM
Excopcar ....the ban has been lifted.

Any one but him!!!

Mista Bone
01-19-2014, 01:24 PM
adding to my iggy list......aka the list of people one can have on ignore.

beefcake
01-19-2014, 08:09 PM
I tt Holly a couple months back about bringing Metcalf back, she said he is not allowed.

I doubt Craig would want to come back. Our website does decent and has some of the biggest names in racing on it. For anyone to say social media hasn't hurt forums any is crazy. It's definitely hurt some. Stangbangerz was once a great thing but as time, things need change... And every time change is mentioned everyone wants to start the "Vinny this and Vinny that". I'm not saying the website should change completely and forget who this website was founded by.. I'm saying it just needs change. The dirty dozen needs to be the fastest 12 cars around that are known to be seen on the streets.. Not the fastest daily driver or the fastest with a/c and heat and blah blah blah. And that's just the tip of the iceberg

I'm sure this was directed towards me when I was handling the list

If its known to be on the street I've never had a problem with that.

There was a simple way to show it's a street car

the dozen rules were always easy for that, make one of the cruise ins with the car. that's it, pretty easy.

If you don't make it to any stangbangerz event, you trailer the car to the track everytime it's out, then it doesn't qualify.

drive it to the cruise in, your on the list. Even if you trailer it all the time. I don't know how much easier it can be than that.

Goober
01-19-2014, 08:18 PM
"THE" cruise, or "A" cruise? Not that it matters for me, since I'm so f**king far north.

k062693w
01-19-2014, 08:20 PM
"THE" cruise, or "A" cruise? Not that it matters for me, since I'm so f**king far north.

Does not matter !!! There has to BE "A" Cruise to Attend "THE" Cruise !!! :bigthumb

So wouldn't that VOID the Entire list for 2013 ???

beefcake
01-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Does not matter !!! There has to BE "A" Cruise to Attend "THE" Cruise !!! :bigthumb

So wouldn't that VOID the Entire list for 2013 ???

this all goes back long before this year. there wasn't an issue this year to debate anyway

evil8
01-19-2014, 08:25 PM
We organized 7 Mustang cruises in 2013. Smashingly successful. A few fast ones even showed up.

k062693w
01-19-2014, 08:27 PM
We organized 7 Mustang cruises in 2013. Smashingly successful. A few fast ones even showed up.

And I believe a Mustang Powered Nova even showed up !!! :bigthumb

1992MustangDW
01-19-2014, 10:12 PM
I do agree this site is nothing like it used to be, everyone was so nice. everyone was always willing to help. lets get it back to that

Rick93coupe
01-20-2014, 02:54 AM
I see good things on the horizon, hell the last few days have a lot more traffic than normal. We're only a few months from warmer weather and I'll be out in my car as much as possible. I need to enjoy it for a bit before I break it. :bigthumb

Ackbar00
01-20-2014, 09:12 AM
Be careful which cruise in you go to. It matters. Ask me how I know......

1baddlx
01-20-2014, 09:25 AM

Please explain for us guys who don't know!

NXcoupe
01-20-2014, 09:51 AM

Welcome back.

Ackbar00
01-20-2014, 11:30 AM
Please explain for us guys who don't know!

http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22823&page=11

Jrcmutang
01-20-2014, 11:49 AM
DID YOU SELL YOUR CAR?

Ackbar00
01-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Working on it. Guess we will see.

4n_eatr
01-20-2014, 12:32 PM

Welcome back.
And reading through that post I noticed a name I haven't seen in a while. What happened to Sharad? I hung out with his dad Ivan a bit when I got my first Fox.

k062693w
01-20-2014, 01:38 PM

DAYUM !!! After reading that I think we should ReBan him ... We don't need a Dick like him on here !!! It makes competition for me ... :lol:

beefcake
01-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Welcome back.
And reading through that post I noticed a name I haven't seen in a while. What happened to Sharad? I hung out with his dad Ivan a bit when I got my first Fox.

Sharad is handling UPR's social media. He relocated to Florida

Rick93coupe
01-20-2014, 02:20 PM
DAYUM !!! After reading that I think we should ReBan him ... We don't need a Dick like him on here !!! It makes competition for me ... :lol:

Are you aiming to be the resident shit stirrer?

k062693w
01-20-2014, 02:27 PM
Are you aiming to be the resident shit stirrer?

Not trying, But it appears that way ... :lol:

evil8
01-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Its interesting that some of the same whiny clowns are still around.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
01-20-2014, 04:30 PM
Its interesting that some of the same whiny clowns are still around.

Go away, no one likes you

evil8
01-20-2014, 05:32 PM
Go away, no one likes you

Your bag of dicks is ready..eat em.

Whyucryn
01-20-2014, 07:14 PM
Evil8 is a dick!!!

Goober
01-20-2014, 07:16 PM
You queers sure do talk about dicks a lot.

4n_eatr
01-21-2014, 12:50 AM
Sharad is handling UPR's social media. He relocated to Florida
That explains it. Last I heard he was writing articles for 5.0 Magazine. My buddy and I were just talking today and wondering if Ivan still had that Strawberry 93.

Ackbar00
01-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Im pretty sure he does.

evil8
01-21-2014, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the info Ackbar.

SCHMUCKINGHAM
01-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Your bag of dicks is ready..eat em.

Tasty with salt

4n_eatr
01-21-2014, 01:45 PM
I'm noticing a lot of people coming back from way back when that haven't been on in a long time, which is awesome(horrible depending on the person?). Maybe I should try to get my old screen name back even though it only has like, 50 posts...