PDA

View Full Version : What to look for on a used Snap On Toolbox?

5.0calypso93lx
01-15-2014, 11:13 AM
I know a lot of you guys are ballers with those Snap On tool boxes and know a lot more about that stuff than I do.

Any of you guys have some pointers on what I need to be looking out for besides the obvious? What does the used toolbox market look like and what are potential buyers looking for?

I'm looking at taking in a Snap On KRA2411PCM in Royal Blue. Box is used, but apparently has no dents and very minor scratches. This is what I'm being told by someone I have never met so I'm not putting much value into that. Guy has sent me a ton of pics with the model number, serial number, detailed pics, etc. Everything appears to be legit, but I'm not making any deals until I know more and see this unit in person.

Thoughts?

This box:

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=&item_ID=643767&group_ID=681876&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

devous1
01-15-2014, 10:16 PM
I used to collect the Snap On Mustang Anniversary boxes and I had the blue Ford one also. I ended up selling them all and getting Moduline boxes/cabinets for my garage. For my house I have mainly snap on tools but my tools at work are another story. I didn't want to spend the money for another set of snap on stuff so I went with Cornwell and to be honestly truthful I like the Cornwell boxes and carts better than the snap on stuff.

My advice, before you get set on the brand look at Cornwell and Matco. They both make really good boxes.

rmracing
01-15-2014, 10:34 PM
Not really much to look for . If its in good shape and all the drawers work good you should be ok . I don't know how much they are asking but if you look around there are really good deals on some nice used boxes .

facemelter71
01-16-2014, 04:25 PM
I have a very clean like new Matco 4s in the shed. It has never been inside a shop and also comes with a new cover.

MAKE ME AN OFFER...

plated
01-16-2014, 04:31 PM
I'm painting the same box top and bottem now, from blue to matte an gloss black, it's Huge

bangingears
01-16-2014, 05:57 PM
my snap on guy has some smoking deals on the better series then the kra. He has some for 2000-2500

5.0calypso93lx
01-17-2014, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the info guys!