PDA

View Full Version : Should 100 Post Count Be Required for Posting in Classifieds?

NXcoupe
01-21-2014, 01:46 AM
As the title reads, vote now or forever hold your peace. Please comment on why you voted the way you did.

draggin50
01-21-2014, 01:50 AM
I say do away with them. These jack asses will just post whore until it gets there any ways! Plus it may be a good deal for someone. If they want to try to rip someone off, air that shit out!

Whyucryn
01-21-2014, 02:03 AM
It could just lead to more great deals for us! If someone gets out of line, we will correct them!

chris91
01-21-2014, 02:05 AM
I'd let it go. Like said they just spam to get there anyway.

Another thing I was curious about was the gun sales. We still not allowing that?

Rick93coupe
01-21-2014, 02:19 AM
These places exist so that like minded people can connect, learn and buy and sell to and from each other. I think the restriction forces people to look elsewhere and nobody benefits from that.

Kevin1989
01-21-2014, 02:22 AM
Loose it! Lots of people could have some good shit they wanna give away

Mista Bone
01-21-2014, 04:28 AM
I say don't totally do away with it but lower to to a reasonalbe number based on the previous traffic here, esp if things start to pick up hopefully.

I could see 20 posts, maybe even as low as 10 posts.

Get a cruise/meet thread going and a person getting 10 posts without post whoring is nothing.

Mista Bone
01-21-2014, 04:28 AM
I say don't totally do away with it but lower to to a reasonalbe number based on the previous traffic here, esp if things start to pick up hopefully.

Get a cruise/meet thread going and a person getting 10 posts without post whoring is nothing.

evil8
01-21-2014, 07:27 AM
That used to be the most popular section of this website. Post away sloots.

Make that poll visible so I can ridicule people that dont agree with me.

Goober
01-21-2014, 08:15 AM

I agree. Maybe even put X posts to START a thread in the classifieds, if that's possible, and be able to reply right from the start.

Kwik92GT
01-21-2014, 08:42 AM
As a side, making sure to use the feedback section can be a great guide for members to follow and allow the membership decide who they will and won't want to deal with.

Goober
01-21-2014, 08:46 AM
Maybe we can get iTrader feedback as part of the upgrade?

mustang_gt88
01-21-2014, 08:50 AM
I voted to kill it, may help more parts come thru the site

RACEME
01-21-2014, 08:57 AM
I think kill it. There are plenty of folks here who will jump on anyone who is out of line. The feedback section idea is great!

evil8
01-21-2014, 09:05 AM
Honest Shaun International.

bbfstanger
01-21-2014, 09:07 AM
no post count required.

NO SHOT
01-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Get rid of it! That never made since to me. All it does is give members a chance to find things they need and save some $$$;)

1992MustangDW
01-21-2014, 09:20 AM
Do away with it. By the time someone reaches the 100 mark they might forget they was selling.something

2000GT
01-21-2014, 09:23 AM
i think should be removed.

if we dont let people with under 100 post here theyre gonna go else where. and we could miss out on good parts or potential buyers!

2000GT
01-21-2014, 09:25 AM
its not like the people that are for leaving the 100post requirment cant still watch out for the people that dont have post for them.....

chrisb1961
01-21-2014, 09:26 AM
I think that is a retarded rule. like some have said... it may end up helping people find good deals on needed parts and such.

evil8
01-21-2014, 09:26 AM
4 voters are knuckleheads.

4n_eatr
01-21-2014, 09:27 AM

I agree. 10 or 20. If this site gets bigger I've seen a lost of people signing up just so sell shit on bigger sites. But even Buckeyestangs which has a 100 post requirement still has spammers. They just see their crap in a different section until they finally get noticed and just lock the thread and the guy just does it again. I'd say 10 posts just so they have to at least introduce themselves.

1992MustangDW
01-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Do away with it. By the time someone reaches the 100 mark they might forget they was selling.something

05yellowgt
01-21-2014, 09:49 AM
The whole reason it came about was because the site was absolutely dead and there were a LOT of people joining the site and providing nothing to build it up, besides using the classifieds. We thought that the posting rules might help build things up participation wise, but it obviously didn't help things.

I think we can come up with a few, much looser requirements that help with buyer protection, but are easier to live with for someone with a low site participation rate.

05yellowgt
01-21-2014, 09:49 AM
The whole reason it came about was because the site was absolutely dead and there were a LOT of people joining the site and providing nothing to build it up, besides using the classifieds. We thought that the posting rules might help build things up participation wise, but it obviously didn't help things.

I think we can come up with a few, much looser requirements that help with buyer protection, but are easier to live with for someone with a low site participation rate.

evil8
01-21-2014, 09:52 AM

2000GT
01-21-2014, 09:54 AM
i like what was said earlier about maybe putting a 10 posts requirment just so they have to at least introduce themselves and look around and so on.

beefcake
01-21-2014, 10:35 AM
I don't really use the classifieds much personally. I think the biggest thing about having a post count is not having some scammer come on and rip someone off, compared to someone that people have got a chance to know / meet here.

Either way, doesn't really matter to me.

NXcoupe
01-21-2014, 11:00 AM
I think it should be similar to the way YB does it. How about we self police. You see someone with a post count of 1 or 2 posting something for sale, tell them to get to the new members thread and introduce themselves. And also have a location under their screename or in their post. Just tossin this out there.

k062693w
01-21-2014, 11:29 AM
I think it should be similar to the way YB does it. How about we self police. You see someone with a post count of 1 or 2 posting something for sale, tell them to get to the new members thread and introduce themselves. And also have a location under their screename or in their post. Just tossin this out there.

Great Idea !!! But someone else will have to say something to them ... I'm to soft spoken and reserved for it ... :lol:

But I think making a rule of location and contact info and maybe a pic should be enforced ???

96GTAnthony
01-21-2014, 11:31 AM
I agree. I cant find anything intresting enough to talk about so ive never been able to get my post count up but at the same time it dont bother me. One day i can post there.Whatever gets decided im aboard for.

4EYED85GT
01-21-2014, 11:50 AM
No post count required for anything... You are either a Stangbanger with all priveleges or not a Stangbanger at all. Just my opinion.

05yellowgt
01-21-2014, 12:23 PM
What the crap double posts!! Can't wait to get on an up to date and fresh server.

pegasus
01-21-2014, 12:29 PM
I think we should just all keep a eye on sellers that come and just post classifieds if any of us see someone posting with a low count check if they have a post in the new member section if they haven't then say something to them to encourage them to use SBZ as a place to hang out for more then just parts AND DON'T BE A DICK ABOUT IT

pegasus
01-21-2014, 12:35 PM

lol i just read the 1st page and posted your on the ball mike

NXcoupe
01-21-2014, 12:37 PM
lol i just read the 1st page and posted your on the ball mike

Yep. lol. I just did away with the 100 post count, at least I asked someone to take care of it since I don't have the power to do it myself yet. sheesh.

05yellowgt
01-21-2014, 01:02 PM
The people have spoke and now ANYONE can post in the classifieds regardless of post count. Release the hounds!!!!!!

NXcoupe
01-21-2014, 01:05 PM
Thanks John. Be glad when I lose my training wheels.

50dan
01-21-2014, 01:29 PM
No. As others stated it just makes others post stupid shit.

Anyhow I've gotten some of the best deals from newbies:)

redfirepearlgt
01-21-2014, 01:43 PM
I don't care if people are just on here to buy/sell stuff as long as they are upstanding about it. I'd like to think they are here for more than that but so be it either way. Makes for one less rule to deal with or argue about. Those that are "Shady" will be found out and tagged accordingly and likely run off...or worse. The honest will be rewarded and the crooks will be flogged so to speak...

Rick93coupe
01-21-2014, 01:47 PM
I had someone post an item in my build thread once, lol. Retards, they're a blast. The self policing will work, that's great Mike.

Mista Bone
01-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Another suggest.....pics and prices a must.

No third party selling either.

4n_eatr
01-21-2014, 04:34 PM

Excellent idea. Getting tired of "My buddies friend's cousin's godson's sister is selling her mint 03 GT".

Mista Bone
01-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Excellent idea. Getting tired of "My buddies friend's cousin's godson's sister is selling her mint 03 GT".

Main forum I'm on has this because someone played the middle man and the part was damaged in process. Also people would list something for sale and without a pic you couldn't see half the parts were missing.

While some like the iTrader process, it has always been a PITA for me on my home forum (40K+ posts).

Later tonight (damn snow drifts!) I will post the rules we use, 65 posts needed, but the rest would be a good outline for ideas.

Another thought that I have seen, people selling parts placing a piece of paper with their username and/or email next to the parts when taking pictures.

4n_eatr
01-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Another thought that I have seen, people selling parts placing a piece of paper with their username and/or email next to the parts when taking pictures.

Like reddit? Put some sexy girls up there you'll be sure to sell some stuff. ..

Mista Bone
01-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Like reddit? Put some sexy girls up there you'll be sure to sell some stuff. ..

Please, no pics of Rob!

NXcoupe
01-21-2014, 10:40 PM

Price is in the rules already isn't it? If not, then it will be in a few min.

Gene
01-21-2014, 11:57 PM
I say do away with them. I'd rather buy something off a classified on a local board than off of Craigslist.

As far as scammers...it's a local board. If you think something is too good to be true, then it probably is. Meet in person and deal in cash. Don't buy a car with a promise that "I'm working on getting the title for it". Have common sense and be an adult. It's not that hard.

NXcoupe
01-22-2014, 10:22 AM
I say do away with them. I'd rather buy something off a classified on a local board than off of Craigslist.

As far as scammers...it's a local board. If you think something is too good to be true, then it probably is. Meet in person and deal in cash. Don't buy a car with a promise that "I'm working on getting the title for it". Have common sense and be an adult. It's not that hard.

Well said.

DeckerEnt
01-22-2014, 10:33 AM
I think people should at least introduce themselves to be able to sell stuff on here. Contact info and price should be included in all for sale threads. Just my 2 cents.

50dan
01-22-2014, 08:13 PM
I just voted and that was cool :bigthumb

Lets vote on more stuff!!! Like firearm sales!!! And whatever else, I just like the vote counting thing.

Mike you should set up a Readers Rides type thing with this.

chris91
01-22-2014, 08:19 PM
I agree a ride of the month or something similar would be cool as long as things keep up like they are doing.

jeep45238
01-22-2014, 09:11 PM
I don't post all that often - and honestly 100 is the most I've seen on ANY forum.