PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Vinny story or Memory

KB1
02-07-2014, 09:15 PM
On this SAD:( anniversary of Vinny's death I though it might be a good time to remember our favorite stories/memories of Vinny.

Mine is the first time I met him, it was at the carwash in Amelia by the drycleaner, I just got done washing my 84 GT, came around the corner of the lot with wet tires & put it to the floor through two gears, he saw me do this, pulled in the lot & told how good my car looked & sounded, then told me all about StangBangerz..........needless to say I ate it up!

Because of that incident & meeting I met a Great Guy who in turn introduced me to a bunch of Mustang Lunatics a lot who I am still friends with to this day!

Thanks for stopping that day:)

Kevin

Mista Bone
02-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Raccoons and B-R-A-K-E cleaner.

chris91
02-07-2014, 10:54 PM
I know I have told this story many times but its what really firmed it in that I love this place. I had just got my first Mustang a 91. It sounded like a sewing machine due to bad lifters. I had never worked on a 5.0 in my life so I reached out for help on here. Vinny stepped right up and asked me when it would be good for him to come over. Couple days later, here comes Vinny in Holly's coupe. He had everything figured out and had it up and running in about an hour. At first he refused the money for helping but I insisted. We were shooting the shit the entire time like we were long lost buddies and it just confirmed that this site has some awesome people and I found my "home" so to speak. For someone that's never met someone and to go outta their way to help is definitely rare these days. I will never forget him doing that for me and I was always appreciate him taking time away from his own family, friends, and TT to help a lil guy.

beefcake
02-08-2014, 11:05 PM
first met vin on 52. he pulled next to my car and asked if it was a cobra r, i said no, we were rolling down the road hitting it, he invited me to his house, i thought i was about to get jacked, but figured, what the hell, mustang guy

ended up friends eve since

NXcoupe
02-09-2014, 10:03 AM
One of my favorite memories of Vinny was when he invited my wife, my daughter and me to his house after one of the cruise ins. My daughter wasnt quite two yet and she dropped a duece while we were there and the wife had to change her. Lol. It smelled BAD lol. Holly helped my wife and played with Iz. Vinny asked me to come out to the garage and check out TT. I did and he fired her up fir me. He was really proud of that car, as he should have been because it was a work of art. He promised me a ride in it. Wish he was here to keep that promise...
Vinny and his family made us feel welcome. Great people.

1baddlx
02-09-2014, 11:12 AM
One of my favorite memories of Vinny was when he invited my wife, my daughter and me to his house after one of the cruise ins. My daughter wasnt quite two yet and she dropped a duece while we were there and the wife had to change her. Lol. It smelled BAD lol. Holly helped my wife and played with Iz. Vinny asked me to come out to the garage and check out TT. I did and he fired her up fir me. He was really proud of that car, as he should have been because it was a work of art. He promised me a ride in it. Wish he was here to keep that promise...
Vinny and his family made us feel welcome. Great people.

Dropped a duece lol....thats funny!

Pops Fun
02-09-2014, 02:18 PM
One of my favorite memories..
Stangbangerz's were going to a car show in Northern Ky. This was early Stangbangerz, I pulled in a little early i thought, there were only about 6 cars there, no else we knew. Vinny came up and said , Man I am i glad to see you, thought I was on my own. Of course we talked cars for 15 or 20 minutes til the rest of the crew showed up, don't remember who else except Kevin was there.
I'm a quiet guy so in crowds I don't interact a lot, enjoyed the one on one time.
Stangbanzerz's has always been a home of sorts to me, met a lot of friends and have had a lot of great times with the people on here.

NXcoupe
02-09-2014, 09:14 PM
One of my favorite memories..
Stangbangerz's were going to a car show in Northern Ky. This was early Stangbangerz, I pulled in a little early i thought, there were only about 6 cars there, no else we knew. Vinny came up and said , Man I am i glad to see you, thought I was on my own. Of course we talked cars for 15 or 20 minutes til the rest of the crew showed up, don't remember who else except Kevin was there.
I'm a quiet guy so in crowds I don't interact a lot, enjoyed the one on one time.
Stangbanzerz's has always been a home of sorts to me, met a lot of friends and have had a lot of great times with the people on here.

You shouldn't be quiet in crowds, you've got a lot of cool experiences to share with people. Vinny was one of a kind, for sure.

Mista Bone
02-09-2014, 10:03 PM
I barely ran into Vinny at the first Hooters meet right after I bought my 86 TA. He too two pics of it as well as everyone else in the parking lot. Later I went over to his place to help Bandit2 do an engine swap. Vinny got home from who ever and yelled "who the hell parked a Honda in my driveway?"

The damn stripper pole was always in the way when working on the TA!

MFIELD
02-09-2014, 10:27 PM
Mine was the only chance I had to meet him in person. It was at one of the cruise ins, I drove my SVO and soon as I pulled in he came down to introduce himself and check out my car. He was cracking jokes and we were laughing. All of a sudden a huge gust of wind came through and the tent they had set up flew up in the air and the shirts for sale went everywhere, without missing a beat he yelled Stangbangerz kites for sale.