PDA

View Full Version : Leaving SBZ

axetone
02-23-2014, 10:13 AM
I'm closing my account on this site in 24 hours. If anyone needs to contact me, I'm on Facebook and Yahoo under the same username. Ciao. :flipoff:

axetone
Jason Anderson

Metcalf Racing
02-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Why?

Metcalf Racing
02-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Just curious. You have 65 posts since 2004 so why wait till now to delete your account and why delete it at all? Why not just log off?

axetone
02-23-2014, 11:30 AM
It's personal really. I don't want to get into the details here too much, but suffice it to say I'm of the opinion that not a single person knew Vince better or the ideas behind what this was supposed to be other than myself -and despite years of holding my tongue so as not to cause a stir or be "that guy", I kept my peace. My offers when Vince passed to continue to help out were totally thrown aside, and so not involving myself as it went downhill in my opinion was unfortunate on their end...-so even after this last change of command, the offer to make suggestions was made and in response I sent an email with an offer to help...-seeing as NO ONE had contacted Vince's family or the original people...(i.e. Myself, or a few select others who know who they are)...-so seeing it go that direction "for Vinny", I simply call BS and decided it's time to go. I can back up all I've stated...but really, what's the point? My only purpose in posting this is to give a heads up that I'm out.

Metcalf Racing
02-23-2014, 12:23 PM
This place won't just bounce back. But I think it will given time. I feel it needs the racing aspect brought back to it that Vinny created It around.
Give it some time. I'm sure no one meant disrespect towards you

evil8
02-23-2014, 12:36 PM
I'm closing my account on this site in 24 hours. If anyone needs to contact me, I'm on Facebook under a name.

Eat a bag of dicks.

LS1 swap.......

axetone
02-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Wow,...so Evil8 - you got any idea who I am in relation to the founding of this site? You have any part in the original computer training Vinny got back in 1999 to begin this process? O you know Law, and have you ran businesses and share all that info and connections with Vinny to get this off the ground. Was it your time and money that got this place up and running? Do you have the emails to back up the claims I've made regarding all the things that made SBZ what it was when it began...all the ideas and plans that go it marketed the way it grew? Most of you were not even around back then...-so you you're gonna try and start a big curse-out session -you're pathetic!

You see, I have a right to say goodbye. I wasn't just Vince's best friend, I was a co-founder of this organization. When Vince died, all I could do was offer to help guide it forward -but Holly saw it as hers alone to do that, and so instead of causing any controversy, I respectfully walked away. Hence why most -if not all of you, have no idea...-and to that point, when the new management made it sooooo apparent they were going to try to revive it under Vinny's original goals, I made simple email to offer to help out, (note: I still made no claim to anything with SBZ even as a co-founder!) AND was not only ignored, but from what I understand some words were said to run me down for even offering that help.

So lets re-cap....(1) no one one but me and Vinny came up with all the original ideas that built SBZ. (2) After he passed, I never once made any ruckus to cause a problem or do anything except offer to help IF they wanted it (3) It was run into the ground through bad administration (4) ...comments like yours prove that this is nothing but a bitch bulliten board.

Y'all don't get it. I was with Vince through 3 wives...not just one. There for his daughter more than even she knows (he lived with me 10 times in 10 years through all the messes brought on by his ex's)...I was there when it was 4x4's and Music hobbies...~and I was an original founding member of this site; So you can't tell me dick. I'll say goodbye, how I want, and when I want. Up yours!

Metcalf Racing
02-23-2014, 01:44 PM
I'm sorry you feel this way but I'd still like to know why wait till now to speak up?

axetone
02-23-2014, 01:53 PM
This place won't just bounce back. But I think it will given time. I feel it needs the racing aspect brought back to it that Vinny created It around.
Give it some time. I'm sure no one meant disrespect towards you

Thanks Bro! I wasn't disrespected, It's just that I was a co-founder and since the place has changed hands it is important to let that takes its course. I just wanted to say goodbye so those who know me from only here will be able to contact me if they'd like to.

NXcoupe
02-23-2014, 02:03 PM
Thanks Bro! I wasn't disrespected, It's just that I was a co-founder and since the place has changed hands it is important to let that takes its course. I just wanted to say goodbye so those who know me from only here will be able to contact me if they'd like to.

I don't believe I've ever met you, and if you offered and it was "passed over" or you feel ignored, it was not on purpose. I've been overwhelmed with PM's and just a bunch of stuff since I accepted this responsibility along with trying to scratch out a living and spending as much time as possible with my family. If you want to leave, that's your prerogative, but the better way to handle this would have been to take a few minutes to either to show up to the couple of get togethers I announced or to PM and ask for my number so you could tell me what you wrote here, or just put it all in a PM.
As Craig put it, no one wants you to leave, no one wants anyone to have ill will here, but it is a message board, a social group, and participation is up to the individual. Wanna help out? Then get with me using one of the channels mentioned above.
This goes for anyone. Well except Evil8, he's buried in an ls1 swap somewhere.

NXcoupe
02-23-2014, 02:10 PM
W..-and to that point, when the new management made it sooooo apparent they were going to try to revive it under Vinny's original goals, I made simple email to offer to help out, (note: I still made no claim to anything with SBZ even as a co-founder!) AND was not only ignored, but from what I understand some words were said to run me down for even offering that help.

If you are referring to me, I've never made an off handed comment about you are anyone else that offered to help. Please don't say things that haven't happened. One thing that gets me is when people say I said something I didn't say. Again, if you are referring to me.

k062693w
02-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Just a quick question ... If your real intent was to say goodbye and be done, Then why not make your post and log off and be done ???
Instead you make a thread at 9:13 a.m. and here it is 4 hours later and you are still logged on ???

Are you looking for us to beg you to stay ??? Are you needing some attention ???

Just curious !!!

Thanks

axetone
02-23-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm sorry you feel this way but I'd still like to know why wait till now to speak up?

Holly knew this all along. But once Vince passed she was very clear, any involvement I had was done! ...this was going to be hers, and hers alone!

Out of respect for his family and daughter I refused to cause any controversy. I simply waited to see how things were going to go. I knew she'd run it in the ground -and she did, and I knew she'd eventually try to sell it.

My hope was, no matter who bought it (even if I had bought it), the hope was that there would have been some purpose aligned with its foundation. So, when it was sold, and the new owners posted requesting ideas / suggestions to move forward...I did speak up (via private email) -not to cause a mess on these boards -my involvement was always intended to be behind the scenes (my choice), but I was ignored.

... So why now? It's because its truly in the hands of those who need to run it as a business for themselves without intervention by people like myself who co-founded it and whose ideas are not sought. That's all...really.

axetone
02-23-2014, 02:36 PM
I guess I gotta say this...-I'm not looking for a flame session, sympathy or otherwise...-and to prove it I'll give you piece of advice that should prosper this organization moving forward that has been ignored since Vince passed...-this was supposed to be about the FANS, not just the racers. (HINT: Think big like NASCAR). ...there were no less than twenty other ideas that were eventually supposed to become part of this organization to make it prosper.

And if I may, I build data centers...I dont race cars, build cars or give a damn about cars...-my involvement was as a business manager and operations director. I also paid for many things to get this off the ground. I have no interest in any claim to it, although I would have gladly offered to have bought it had I known Holly was to that point - but she cut off that friendship long ago...not I.

So, don't sit here and act like I didn't try. I'm close to his family. They know...-and thats really all that matters to me. I'm not a gear head or a body guy...this sight does not do for FANs what it was intended anymore. I'm just a computer guy...-but as a co-founder, it just didn't seem right to go without saying goodbye and good luck.

Metcalf Racing
02-23-2014, 02:47 PM
I get it. My brother n law Alan is the Creator of Mine and Robs site. He doesn't post much or have much involvement with it unless I ask him. He prefers this site

dsmawd350
02-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Adios...

k062693w
02-23-2014, 02:57 PM
$20 says he's back before the end of the day !!!

I think he needed to log off for now because his arms were so tired from patting himself on the back !!!

Hell he felt the need to mention he was "Co Founder" in almost every post ...

bbfstanger
02-23-2014, 03:11 PM
sounds like its time to just go!
im sure you'll be missed?

Metcalf Racing
02-23-2014, 03:19 PM
The freedom of ESC has ruined you guys. This site can't handle the verbal jabs

05yellowgt
02-23-2014, 03:22 PM
Wow,...so Evil8 - you got any idea who I am in relation to the founding of this site? You have any part in the original computer training Vinny got back in 1999 to begin this process? O you know Law, and have you ran businesses and share all that info and connections with Vinny to get this off the ground. Was it your time and money that got this place up and running? Do you have the emails to back up the claims I've made regarding all the things that made SBZ what it was when it began...all the ideas and plans that go it marketed the way it grew? Most of you were not even around back then...-so you you're gonna try and start a big curse-out session -you're pathetic!

You see, I have a right to say goodbye. I wasn't just Vince's best friend, I was a co-founder of this organization. When Vince died, all I could do was offer to help guide it forward -but Holly saw it as hers alone to do that, and so instead of causing any controversy, I respectfully walked away. Hence why most -if not all of you, have no idea...-and to that point, when the new management made it sooooo apparent they were going to try to revive it under Vinny's original goals, I made simple email to offer to help out, (note: I still made no claim to anything with SBZ even as a co-founder!) AND was not only ignored, but from what I understand some words were said to run me down for even offering that help.

So lets re-cap....(1) no one one but me and Vinny came up with all the original ideas that built SBZ. (2) After he passed, I never once made any ruckus to cause a problem or do anything except offer to help IF they wanted it (3) It was run into the ground through bad administration (4) ...comments like yours prove that this is nothing but a bitch bulliten board.

Y'all don't get it. I was with Vince through 3 wives...not just one. There for his daughter more than even she knows (he lived with me 10 times in 10 years through all the messes brought on by his ex's)...I was there when it was 4x4's and Music hobbies...~and I was an original founding member of this site; So you can't tell me dick. I'll say goodbye, how I want, and when I want. Up yours!
I'm sorry to hear you voicing your frustration. Who's email did you send your messages to? I don't have anything nor do I believe mike has any emails from you either. Was it something recent, or was it addressed to Holly? We want everyone to be able to voice their opinion, even if the suggestions ultimately aren't acted upon. We still want to hear them and will consider them.

k062693w
02-23-2014, 03:25 PM
He's BACK !!!
Now who's going to give me my $20 ???

axetone
02-23-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear you voicing your frustration. Who's email did you send your messages to? I don't have anything nor do I believe mike has any emails from you either. Was it something recent, or was it addressed to Holly? We want everyone to be able to voice their opinion, even if the suggestions ultimately aren't acted upon. We still want to hear them and will consider them.

Yeah, I contacted Mike via email and a left a voicemail offering to drive up to Dayton so we could do lunch/dinner, etc right after he posted that he got control of everything. I never heard from him...-and that's OK...really, no hard feelings, I know he's a got a lot on his plate...-all this really did for me was acknowledge that there was a passing of the flag, and it's really time for any involvement I had in this to end.

Lastly, I gave up my administrator role a long long time ago...-so, if you don't mind, please delete this account and any associated postings.

dsmawd350
02-23-2014, 04:38 PM
He's BACK !!!
Now who's going to give me my $20 ???

nobody stupid he said he was leaving in 24 hrs :lol:

dsmawd350
02-23-2014, 04:40 PM
you sounds like a cry baby man . to be honest its really not a big deal its a rather small locally based vbulletin mustang forum. you helped create it 15 yrs ago or more its really not that big of a deal

JIMS SVT
02-23-2014, 06:20 PM
:wave:

evil8
02-23-2014, 06:26 PM
I am staying now and running this bitch into the ground......

evil8
02-23-2014, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the welcome back. I missed you guys.

k062693w
02-23-2014, 06:41 PM
I am staying now and running this bitch into the ground......

You're FUNNY !!! :bigthumb

NXcoupe
02-23-2014, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I contacted Mike via email and a left a voicemail offering to drive up to Dayton so we could do lunch/dinner, etc right after he posted that he got control of everything. I never heard from him...-and that's OK...really, no hard feelings, I know he's a got a lot on his plate...-all this really did for me was acknowledge that there was a passing of the flag, and it's really time for any involvement I had in this to end.

Lastly, I gave up my administrator role a long long time ago...-so, if you don't mind, please delete this account and any associated postings.

I want to apologize. I did get that message and had every intention of getting with you and hanging out, but my wife and daughter had me covered up, not to mention getting hit with all kinds of other stuff at work. I hate to say it, but life just got in the way and I forgot to call you back. I was looking forward to meeting with you and told a few people about the call and said it would be cool to hang out, but until this minute, I had forgotten all about it. I'm human, I fuck up on a regular basis. Usually it's my wife that calls me out on it, but this time it was you. Sorry man, if you want to come up or me to come down, just let me know and I will for sure get back with you.

k062693w
02-23-2014, 06:44 PM
nobody stupid he said he was leaving in 24 hrs :lol:

Maybe I missed that point !!! But I think you should have to give me at least a $10 spot for the "Stupid" comment ??? :lol:

cstreu1026
02-23-2014, 06:44 PM
you sounds like a cry baby man . to be honest its really not a big deal its a rather small locally based vbulletin mustang forum. you helped create it 15 yrs ago or more its really not that big of a deal

I can't agree more. What are you really looking for in making a post like this? If you don't like what's happened to the site and want leave thats fine. I just don't understand the need for a dramatic exit.

evil8
02-23-2014, 08:24 PM
Werk it gurl.

sean
02-23-2014, 11:25 PM
Seems like this place is going in the right direction. Finally. It seems you would be happy t see that and not be a drama queen and whine about someone not getting back with you fast enough or the way you wanted them to. Co founder or not this is vinnys sight and always will be. Doesn't it say something to you that even the new members know who he wasand what happened? Doesn't it mean something to you that we are all here to keep his story going and remember his life. This place is going I the right direction again and we do it in honer of him. How about stop whining about the things that didn't go the way you hoped and hang out and be a part of the place you guys created.

Metcalf Racing
02-23-2014, 11:54 PM
I was one of the first 5 members. I was standing in Cincy Speed as Vinny and Craig were talking about starting this forum and I was personally invited to it by Vinny. I still got banned for 3yrs for no real reason. No big deal. I'm back and the cool kids are slowly coming back, Give it some time

evil8
02-24-2014, 12:02 AM
I run this show. Deal with it.

Metcalf Racing
02-24-2014, 12:18 AM
Okay

Crucial
02-24-2014, 03:40 AM
I was one of the first 5 members. I was standing in Cincy Speed as Vinny and Craig were talking about starting this forum and I was personally invited to it by Vinny. I still got banned for 3yrs for no real reason. No big deal. I'm back and the cool kids are slowly coming back, Give it some time

haha i remember talking to vinny on AOL instant messenger about creating a forum for everyone ... also remember a thought of raising enough money to rent a track for all the members for a day

jeep45238
02-24-2014, 07:31 AM
:wave:

4n_eatr
02-24-2014, 08:16 AM

So I gotta get banned to to be a cool kid?

:(

NXcoupe
02-24-2014, 08:56 AM
So I gotta get banned to to be a cool kid?

:(

DONE!

Ackbar00
02-24-2014, 09:04 AM

3 years? That all?:lol:

Metcalf Racing
02-24-2014, 09:11 AM
I got out on good behavior

pegasus
02-24-2014, 10:27 AM
http://ryanesaki.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

4n_eatr
02-24-2014, 12:48 PM
DONE!

Sweet! I feel like a badass.
Even though it was the shortest ban ever...
:cool1:

evil8
02-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Sweet! I feel like a badass.
Even though it was the shortest ban ever...
:cool1:

1baddlx
02-24-2014, 10:16 PM

wurd

4n_eatr
02-24-2014, 10:23 PM

haha, I'll get a shit starting mentor.. sweet. I'll have to get back Into my Infantry mindset.

YouGotJunk
02-24-2014, 10:30 PM
Is this item still for sale? Do you accept personal checks?

YouGotJunk
02-24-2014, 11:18 PM

Metcalf Racing
02-24-2014, 11:43 PM

k062693w
02-25-2014, 12:19 AM

YouGotJunk
02-25-2014, 01:19 AM
Fuck!

Mista Bone
02-25-2014, 01:21 AM