PDA

View Full Version : The Official 2014 SBZ Shirt Idea Thread

Black Horse
02-27-2014, 11:24 PM
To help un-muddy the threads on this subject, looking for your ideas and thoughts on SBZ shirts for 2014.

Here are your thought starters so far:
- Like the DD sticker, maybe a wheels-up image with SBZ around in a circle
- Reprint of one of the old shirts (10 commandments, last years, etc.)
- Old school - reprint the original SBZ logo (flamed oval)
- Maybe something completely new to signify the re-birth of this site

- Apparel to be black on gray or white or white on black
- Image to be on front only, back only or something on both sides?

- Do you want just t-shirts or maybe a choice of short sleeve, long sleeve, wife beater, hoodie, crewneck sweat or ????

Here is your chance for constructive contribution and ideas! Once we have a design, color scheme and what the masses want we will have another thread to list out how many of what size you want....please don't add that info to this thread to minimize confusion!

MFIELD
02-27-2014, 11:31 PM
I say have the original logo on the front and have a new design on the back.

mustang_gt88
02-27-2014, 11:40 PM

Agreed but in gray

5.0Droptop
02-28-2014, 12:08 AM
I say offer fat boy sizes like 3x

2007ShelbyCobra
02-28-2014, 12:10 AM
black on white. Make sure it says stangbangerz somewhere lol

chris91
02-28-2014, 12:43 AM

They do, I have one. :)

Yellow98Cobra
02-28-2014, 12:53 AM
Can you post up some images for some of us newer people who don't know what designs your talking about.

redfirepearlgt
02-28-2014, 01:08 AM
retro logo on pocketed T (front) and something new on the back.

YouGotJunk
02-28-2014, 01:40 AM
Can we get some SBZ thongs as well?

Dedicated5.0
02-28-2014, 06:30 AM
Can we get some SBZ thongs as well?

Yeah, because some of us won't twerk if we're not wearing a thong.

4n_eatr
02-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Yeah, because some of us won't twerk if we're not wearing a thong.

My butt isn't ready for a thong. but I guess that's never stopped anyone before.

I'd like a ten commandments shirt/ hoodie but I'm definitely not opposed to to a new design.

Stangman
02-28-2014, 08:42 AM
I absolutely loved the design of a few years ago where we had the original skull, but with the checkered flags behind it since pistons are no longer acceptable due to the biker club. I also loved the way it was printed.. like it was already aged... and it had whites and reds and blacks in it. And a flamed oval on the front would be killer. I really like that design.

4n_eatr
02-28-2014, 09:00 AM
I absolutely loved the design of a few years ago where we had the original skull, but with the checkered flags behind it since pistons are no longer acceptable due to the biker club. I also loved the way it was printed.. like it was already aged... and it had whites and reds and blacks in it. And a flamed oval on the front would be killer. I really like that design.

Biker club? must have missed that.

84fox
02-28-2014, 09:19 AM
I say old school with some stickers as well

rtvickers
02-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Stickers are very easy to get. Just search stickers and follow the process in the post. I think it's a sticky thread.

NO SHOT
02-28-2014, 10:09 AM

LOL....I've outgrown 3x in the 6th grade!!!
5 x'sare a must!!!lol...:bigthumb

NO SHOT
02-28-2014, 10:10 AM

This!!!:bigthumb

rtvickers
02-28-2014, 10:27 AM
What about something to do with SBZ on the front and the sponsors of the site on the back.

devous1
02-28-2014, 10:35 AM
I need black, gray and white always show the food stains on the top of my gut where all the debris accumulates when I eat.

Gene
02-28-2014, 10:43 AM
How about another one with "All Bling and No Zing Make Johnny a Fucking Ricer"?

Stangman
02-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Biker club? must have missed that.

yeah the 1%'ers have a very similar design... except theirs look like a 5yr old drew it. And it got some members in trouble at a bar a few years back from what I heard. Plus I think they were threatening legal action as well...

Skull and rods/piston design was my favorite, and I joined just after that design stopped. I still have the hat though.

Yellow98Cobra
02-28-2014, 11:29 AM
The old 10 commandments was one I would buy for sure.

Maximus
02-28-2014, 11:44 AM
http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy39/CincySpeed/SBZ3_zps51545ab4.jpg (http://s775.photobucket.com/user/CincySpeed/media/SBZ3_zps51545ab4.jpg.html)

I would like to see the "Vulgar display of Horsepower" part added in the new design.

leroy93lx
02-28-2014, 11:57 AM
I just sent a few pics to a friend of mine that does graphic arts. We will see what she comes up with. I typed in Stangbangerz.com on dafont.com to find a new font. It is mind numbing how many damn fonts there are! Some pretty cool shit though

NXcoupe
02-28-2014, 12:20 PM
I just sent a few pics to a friend of mine that does graphic arts. We will see what she comes up with. I typed in Stangbangerz.com on dafont.com to find a new font. It is mind numbing how many damn fonts there are! Some pretty cool shit though

Thanks!

NXcoupe
02-28-2014, 12:23 PM
http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy39/CincySpeed/SBZ3_zps51545ab4.jpg (http://s775.photobucket.com/user/CincySpeed/media/SBZ3_zps51545ab4.jpg.html)

I would like to see the "Vulgar display of Horsepower" part added in the new design.

Agreed!

redfirepearlgt
02-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Do the same crossed pistons with a horses skull. Add the warning logo. On front a small retro oval STANGBANGERZ logo on the right side pocket height.

chris91
02-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Yeah that's the outlaws logo. I have seen it a lot of other places too though. The latest is a show on Velocity Graveyard Cars and the shop uses it as their logo. I was like wtf sbz can't use it but these guys can have it plastered all over their trucks, trailers, cars etc.!!??

mustang_gt88
02-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Do the same crossed pistons with a horses skull. Add the warning logo. On front a small retro oval STANGBANGERZ logo on the right side pocket height.

yes in gray and black

'92Stang
02-28-2014, 02:56 PM

▲This

Black Horse
02-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Here is one design we looked (but never made) several years ago:

http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/Graphics/Banners-and-Misc-Graphics/i-QSV983J/0/M/2012horsehead-M.jpg

YouGotJunk
02-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Here is one design we looked (but never made) several years ago:

http://hyperperformance.smugmug.com/Graphics/Banners-and-Misc-Graphics/i-QSV983J/0/M/2012horsehead-M.jpg

Dave, usually my negative posts are only kidding around. This time I'm being serious, that looks like shit. The horses skull is a horrible idea. Looks gay as hell. I like the one Craig posted a picture of.

Black Horse
02-28-2014, 03:58 PM
Dave, usually my negative posts are only kidding around. This time I'm being serious, that looks like shit. The horses skull is a horrible idea. Looks gay as hell. I like the one Craig posted a picture of.

And thus why it was never produced.....

But I will say that the human skull is overused everywhere....I'm thinking some badass Mustang launching off the line might be a better choice.
I'll start sketching around.

rtvickers
02-28-2014, 05:16 PM
What about a picture of the twisted twins with Stangbangerz.com in half oval on top and the vulgar statement on the bottom of the pic. And of course with the commandments on the back. Here's a quick rookie photoshop.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd416/rtvickers/imagesCAGVLRP9_zpseac86bf1.jpg (http://s1218.photobucket.com/user/rtvickers/media/imagesCAGVLRP9_zpseac86bf1.jpg.html)

Rick93coupe
02-28-2014, 05:33 PM
I also really like the old design on the back of Craigs shirt. (Offensive show of NGAF)

DSSKing68
02-28-2014, 05:46 PM
I also really like the old design on the back of Craigs shirt. Fuck the biker gang.

THIS. I have a hoodie and shirt in that design, wear it all the time. I have had no issues in horseman or outlaw territory. That old design is awesome. IDK....glad the site seems to be moving forward nicely though. I am in for shirts once the design is finalized.

redfirepearlgt
02-28-2014, 06:35 PM
Maybe something like this on the back???? I'm still learning photoshop. Sorry for lack of detail.

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj528/redfirepearlgt/sbzlogo.jpg (http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/redfirepearlgt/media/sbzlogo.jpg.html)

Maximus
02-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Maybe something like this on the back???? I'm still learning photoshop. Sorry for lack of detail.

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj528/redfirepearlgt/sbzlogo.jpg (http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/redfirepearlgt/media/sbzlogo.jpg.html)

Awesome effort, but that Horsehead just looks....ummm....not cool.

Maximus
02-28-2014, 06:46 PM
Simple fix.....

Shrink the Original skull down a bit. place the cross pistons BELOW it and put STANGBANGERZ.COM over it. Vulgar display yada yada under cross pistons.

redfirepearlgt
02-28-2014, 07:05 PM
gotcha. Will try that. Thanks.

4n_eatr
02-28-2014, 07:28 PM
I also really like the old design on the back of Craigs shirt. Fuck the biker gang.

Hell yeah...

redfirepearlgt
02-28-2014, 07:42 PM
hows this??? Images obviously would not be as detailed on the t-s but just a brain storming idea. Hopefully will get someone more creative to throw something out there.

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj528/redfirepearlgt/sbzlogo2.jpg (http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/redfirepearlgt/media/sbzlogo2.jpg.html)

4n_eatr
02-28-2014, 08:08 PM
You're dead set on that horse head, aren't you?

NXcoupe
02-28-2014, 08:24 PM
Ok, I'll do it. I'm nixing the horse skull. Sounded great in theory, looks like hell in practice. I like the old design modified. Put the pistons below the human skull or do the Dd style design with TT. I dunno, whatever you guys decide is plain fine with me. I want what everyone else wants, we're a group, not a monarchy.

redfirepearlgt
02-28-2014, 08:31 PM
You're dead set on that horse head, aren't you?

I really don't care for skulls in any manner, but many others seem to be intrigued with them. I have no interest in wearing a shirt that mistakenly represents a biker club, so thought this would be an alternative.

Personally I would like to see a pencil sketch of Twisted Twins on the back with a logo that says something like,

"Founded in 2002. Immortalized in 2007. Stangbangerz. The beat goes on".

Something along those lines with the original oval logo on the front right breast pocket.

NXcoupe
02-28-2014, 08:33 PM
I really don't care for skulls in any manner, but many others seem to be intrigued with them. I have no interest in wearing a shirt that mistakenly represents a biker club, so thought this would be an alternative.

Personally I would like to see a pencil sketch of Twisted Twins on the back with a logo that says something like,

"Founded in 2002. Immortalized in 2007. Stangbangerz. The beat goes on".

Something along those lines with the original oval logo on the front right breast pocket.

Sounds nice too.

MFIELD
02-28-2014, 09:29 PM

I can tell you as the one that had the problem I will not wear that design out again. I dont feel like i am a pussy by any means but when 4 big guys that have nothing to lose surround you and tell you they are going to beat your ass to death you change your minds. And the 4 guys that surrounded me were not the only ones there at the bar that night, there were about 50.

Rick93coupe
02-28-2014, 09:57 PM
I can tell you as the one that had the problem I will not wear that design out again. I dont feel like i am a pussy by any means but when 4 big guys that have nothing to lose surround you and tell you they are going to beat your ass to death you change your minds. And the 4 guys that surrounded me were not the only ones there at the bar that night, there were about 50.

I know where your coming from but at the same time I don't hang out in bars, so the chance of something like that happening to me would be pretty slim. Along that same line of thinking, I sometimes sport a bandanna, I'm not going to stop wearing them because some gang somewhere doesn't want me to.

2Kblacksleeper
02-28-2014, 10:02 PM
6xl for the big kids....

MFIELD
02-28-2014, 10:17 PM
I know where your coming from but at the same time I don't hang out in bars, so the chance of something like that happening to me would be pretty slim. Along that same line of thinking, I sometimes sport a bandanna, I'm not going to stop wearing them because some gang somewhere doesn't want me to.

I dont hang in bars either, I went to a bike night when i had my bike and it happened then. I was there looking at the custom painted bikes and really only think they didnt do anything because there were a lot of people there to witness. If it had been somewhere else i dont think i would have been as lucky. They did also threaten Vinny with some type of lawsuit and he agreed it would not be used again.

4n_eatr
02-28-2014, 11:58 PM
Anyone else find It ironic the "outlaws" are using the legal system to get their way?

2007ShelbyCobra
03-01-2014, 12:12 AM
no horse skull, looks stupid I think. Just sbz logo on front and ten commandments on back would work

Yellow98Cobra
03-01-2014, 02:17 AM
or incorporate the in memory of vinny5oh guy on the tshirt.

I think it would be cool to have it on the front real small and big on the back with the 10 commandments listed through it.

Yellow98Cobra
03-01-2014, 02:36 AM
How about something like this?

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz271/eea525/idea_zps183c8255.jpg (http://s835.photobucket.com/user/eea525/media/idea_zps183c8255.jpg.html)

rtvickers
03-01-2014, 07:28 AM
Just sbz logo on front and ten commandments on back would work

Gets my vote.

mustang8998
03-01-2014, 07:55 AM
or incorporate the in memory of vinny5oh guy on the tshirt.

I think it would be cool to have it on the front real small and big on the back with the 10 commandments listed through it.

I think there is an copyright issue, with using the image of Badtz Maru....Vinny's avatar.

1baddlx
03-01-2014, 08:14 AM

well since you don't hang out in bars I will help you with a lil bit of advice...not all motorcycle clubs hang out in bars!be careful of comments you make towards biker clubs/gangs as you call them.when referring to any MC there are members everywhere I guarantee you don't want a piece of that action....I would respect someone else's logo and keep it at that..

Rick93coupe
03-01-2014, 10:09 AM
well since you don't hang out in bars I will help you with a lil bit of advice...not all motorcycle clubs hang out in bars!be careful of comments you make towards biker clubs/gangs as you call them.when referring to any MC there are members everywhere I guarantee you don't want a piece of that action....I would respect someone else's logo and keep it at that..

My point was more that they don't own the rights to that image and I didn't know what club had a problem with it. Honestly I don't care either way what image is on the shirt, if everyone is leery to wear that image then so be it. It's hard for me to comprehend being scared over what my T-shirt says. Then again I've never had a reason.

Rich
03-01-2014, 11:36 AM
I believe this specific Outlaws's "Charlie" image is copyrighted/trademarked to the Outlaw's MC.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/40/Outlaws_Motorcycle_Club_logo.jpg

The problem is any variation of the skull and cross pistons, even though not legally owned by the Outlaws, they see it differently.

NXcoupe
03-01-2014, 01:35 PM
I believe this specific Outlaws's "Charlie" image is copyrighted/trademarked to the Outlaw's MC.

The problem is any variation of the skull and cross pistons, even though not legally owned by the Outlaws, they see it differently.

Does that really look that similar to the sbz design? Just asking.

1baddlx
03-01-2014, 01:39 PM

^^^what he said!!!agreed

4n_eatr
03-01-2014, 01:41 PM

Not unless my son drew it.... I think it looks nothing like it
Maybe the fact that there is a skull and what appears to be pistons (?)... i could be wrong...

1baddlx
03-01-2014, 01:44 PM
My point was more that they don't own the rights to that image and I didn't know what club had a problem with it. Honestly I don't care either way what image is on the shirt, if everyone is leery to wear that image then so be it. It's hard for me to comprehend being scared over what my T-shirt says. Then again I've never had a reason.

if you were in a MC you would understand better ...its all good ...you did say f.... the biker gang though..that was part of my point as well..I've met you and you seem like a good dude

SN95N/A
03-01-2014, 01:45 PM

No,just gives something for someone to bitch about

4n_eatr
03-01-2014, 01:50 PM
I know someone that used to be in the Outlaws in the 70's. I found this out from other people that new him. They had a different mindset then I guess... Not worried about piddly shit like this. They were more worried about disrespecting their colors and posers with rockers. Guess its a new generation. I was told by him which bars to stay away from because I had a CBR, he said they would let me walk in, have a few drinks, but when I went outside my bike would be gone, lol. I never went to those places.

redfirepearlgt
03-01-2014, 03:05 PM
At this rate we should have them buy 2015. Just do the traditional SBZ shirts like RT Vickers and a few others have mentioned and be done with it. At this rate we'll all mull this around like "Real Housewives of Cincinnati" until Fall and we'll have yet another season without shirts. Someone behind that iron curtain please make a decision and lets get some damn shirts available.

There I said it.

YouGotJunk
03-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Most big MC and RC clubs aren't going to mess with you much cause they don't want to be in the spotlight anymore than they already are. Now if you get a few of the younger guys and they're out drinking and so on, they'll be a little more quick to push you around. I know quite a few guys who are in Motorcycle Clubs and generally unless you're really going out of your way to really disrespect them, they're not going to mess with ya.

What is bad nowadays are the real small clubs that a bunch of younger guys start up just to be cool and try to have the bad ass persona. Those are the ones that will be young and dumb cause they're trying to prove themselves.

4n_eatr
03-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Most big MC and RC clubs aren't going to mess with you much cause they don't want to be in the spotlight anymore than they already are. Now if you get a few of the younger guys and they're out drinking and so on, they'll be a little more quick to push you around. I know quite a few guys who are in Motorcycle Clubs and generally unless you're really going out of your way to really disrespect them, they're not going to mess with ya.

What is bad nowadays are the real small clubs that a bunch of younger guys start up just to be cool and try to have the bad ass persona. Those are the ones that will be young and dumb cause they're trying to prove themselves.

they've been watching too much "Sons of Anarchy" and "Devils Ride"

anyways I'm with Chad. just throw some commandment on it and call it it a day.

Stangman
03-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Only problem I got with the ten mustang commandments on the back is from afar you look like a bible thumper (no disrespect folks but it is what it is) and then when someone walks up on you and reads them, they give ya that look, and think you're a blasphemist lol...

leroy93lx
03-01-2014, 04:17 PM
What about something like this on the front?
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x191/leroy93lx/37489403-e97d-4527-9432-37a2f8fc506c_zpse2c0c63f.jpg (http://s180.photobucket.com/user/leroy93lx/media/37489403-e97d-4527-9432-37a2f8fc506c_zpse2c0c63f.jpg.html)

YouGotJunk
03-01-2014, 04:19 PM
I like that a lot. Clean and simple!

leroy93lx
03-01-2014, 04:35 PM
Does anyone have the original Dirty Dozen sticker art work? I have a few things I am working on now for the back or possibly something smaller on the front and the above logo on the back.

leroy93lx
03-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Nevermind, I just saw the sticky for them

k062693w
03-01-2014, 05:33 PM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x191/leroy93lx/37489403-e97d-4527-9432-37a2f8fc506c_zpse2c0c63f.jpg (http://s180.photobucket.com/user/leroy93lx/media/37489403-e97d-4527-9432-37a2f8fc506c_zpse2c0c63f.jpg.html)

:bigthumb WINNER WINNER CHICKEN F$^KING DINNER !!! :bigthumb

And No Offense to the SN, Terminator, S197, Etc. Owners ... But this place was started by a guy that had a Love for Fox's !!! I think that's what the Logo should be ... Clean and Simple

I can't believe I'm actually going to agree with Rob ??? LMAO

devous1
03-01-2014, 05:59 PM

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz271/eea525/idea_zps183c8255.jpg (http://s835.photobucket.com/user/eea525/media/idea_zps183c8255.jpg.html)

Did you do this yourself, it is badass.

Funny you guys mention the 1% ers and other outlaws. A very good friend that I used to work with at Lucent had a similar situation in the late 90s. He was riding and went into a bar/biker bare around Dayton. Got into some sort of altercation with a group of bikers inside the bar. When he walked out to ride home the nailed him in the parking lot and beat the fuck out of him with ball bats. They literally cracked his skull open amoung other things. Till this day he is still on medication to control his siezures.

That's not even the fucked up part of it, if I remember right the bar owners attempted to press charges against him and he was arrested. He damn near died because the cops wouldn't take him to the hospital.

There are regular people that are willing to fight but as stated earlier. People with nothing to lose are another. I don't consider myself a pussy and sometimes I may even look for trouble, but not that much.

beefcake
03-01-2014, 07:19 PM

I like that alot

I agree.

The head of the Brotherhood buys his trucks from me. I can tell you, super nice guy, but don't ever, ever, mistake kindness for weakness.

MFIELD
03-01-2014, 08:11 PM
Just to set the record straight, I did not go to this bar to drink or look for any trouble. I can count on one hand the times I have been to a bar in the last 5 or more years. I had my bike done and went there to see some nice bikes some friends had told me about. I never heard of the Outlaws until that night. I tired to explain to the mouthpiece that night that the SBZ logo had nothing to do with them or motorcycles. They did not care, it was close enough for them and I was not a member and was not leaving there with that hoodie. I tried to talk my way around it and told them I didnt want any trouble and would just leave. That is when i was threatened to have my ass beat until the ambulance arrived.

Also as a note, i was not there more than 10 minutes when this happened and they never seen the bike i rode.

Gearhead
03-01-2014, 10:46 PM
Just to set the record straight, I did not go to this bar to drink or look for any trouble. I can count on one hand the times I have been to a bar in the last 5 or more years. I had my bike done and went there to see some nice bikes some friends had told me about. I never heard of the Outlaws until that night. I tired to explain to the mouthpiece that night that the SBZ logo had nothing to do with them or motorcycles. They did not care, it was close enough for them and I was not a member and was not leaving there with that hoodie. I tried to talk my way around it and told them I didnt want any trouble and would just leave. That is when i was threatened to have my ass beat until the ambulance arrived.

Also as a note, i was not there more than 10 minutes when this happened and they never seen the bike i rode.

I remember the email that Vinny sent to the Outlaws MC after that.....he posted it here in the forums, as well as their reply, but I cannot locate it now. He stated that SBZ would cease to use that logo/image from that point on.

Rick93coupe
03-01-2014, 10:52 PM

That does look pretty sweet. I also really like the vulgar display of horsepower logo too. :bigthumb

Rick93coupe
03-01-2014, 10:54 PM

You gotta love the gang mentality. The group will kick your ass, not 1 on 1. :rolleyes:

Gearhead
03-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Can we get this thread edited by the mods/admins to remove any of the "f the biker gang" etc posts please ? Or maybe just delete any & all references to them within this thread ?

bbfstanger
03-01-2014, 11:08 PM
that simple design with half a stang looks good!

no horse head bookends!!

leroy93lx
09-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Bump it up for Craig. Come on people. My wife just designed her shirts for her annual 5K race in a couple hours. Throw out some ideas. Good or bad. My opinion is new owner , new site. Get past the biker stuff and go with all fresh and new. Sadly a lot of the original people that remember all that stuff don't log on anymore. Start now and maybe by 2015 they will be ready to roll out.