PDA

View Full Version : Any reloaders out there

Pops Fun
03-14-2014, 07:57 AM
Anyone reload and what do you use... I do mostly 9mm and some .45

I have been reloading for a while with a Lee Pro 1000. Made quite a few 9mm with it. The last few times it has given me a fit, not enjoyable. :mad:

Finally gave up fighting last night, and stepped up to a Hornady LNL, got the case feeder with it. Midway USA, sent me a coupon for $45 off if you spent $300 and it was enough to motivate me.

I have to say the Pro 1000 is a great machine for the money, but does have it quirks. Here hoping the hornady has less quirks, and makes life more enjoyable. :lol:

Here is a comparison of reloading presses if you want some reading material..
http://www.comrace.ca/cmfiles/dillonLeeHornadyComparison.pdf

DSSKing68
03-14-2014, 11:50 AM
I used to reload a ton with a friend. We used the Dillon Square Deal B. A solid reloader. I would recommend a dillon press any day.http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/home.html

Bman
03-14-2014, 02:35 PM
I use a dillon 550b. Load 45acp,44 mag 40 s&w, and 308. Going to start .223,5.56 and 9mm.

Pops Fun
03-14-2014, 03:28 PM
I use a dillon 550b. Load 45acp,44 mag 40 s&w, and 308. Going to start .223,5.56 and 9mm.

I looked hard at Dillons...

05yellowgt
03-14-2014, 03:34 PM
I don't reload as of this moment, but it is something I've considered. It's too bad they don't have any readily available automatic reloading systems. I've found a few guys on youtube that have made their own rigs. Maybe it is because I just don't have the attention span, but I think I'd find reloading extremely tedious and not keep up with it.

Pops Fun
03-14-2014, 03:51 PM
I don't reload as of this moment, but it is something I've considered. It's too bad they don't have any readily available automatic reloading systems. I've found a few guys on youtube that have made their own rigs. Maybe it is because I just don't have the attention span, but I think I'd find reloading extremely tedious and not keep up with it.

Hi
The Hornady lnl is semi automatic if you get everything, just a pull of the handle, auto, shell, powder and bullet seating....

Dillon has a similar system...

Mista Bone
03-14-2014, 04:27 PM
I had a RCBS single stage with conversion, I will be going back to single stage since I'll mostly be reloading 357/38 brass with custom loads. Everything else I'll just shoot store bought.

ibstrokin
03-14-2014, 05:15 PM
I use a Dillon 550 for 308, 223, 300 wsm and soon to be 500 Smith and Wesson. For my 260 Remington I use a single stage RCBS partner press for sizing, and a Wilson seating die and A Sinclair arbor press for seating, and hand prime with a Sinclair hand primer. All my rifles except 223 get each powder charge weighed individually. I have a Bench Source annealer that makes annealing a breeze, and I clean my rifle brass with stainless tumbling media, which makes the brass look better than new, inside and out.

I need to start loading for more pistols, and the Dillon makes caliber changes very easy.

Bman
03-14-2014, 06:20 PM
I use a Dillon 550 for 308, 223, 300 wsm and soon to be 500 Smith and Wesson. For my 260 Remington I use a single stage RCBS partner press for sizing, and a Wilson seating die and A Sinclair arbor press for seating, and hand prime with a Sinclair hand primer. All my rifles except 223 get each powder charge weighed individually. I have a Bench Source annealer that makes annealing a breeze, and I clean my rifle brass with stainless tumbling media, which makes the brass look better than new, inside and out.

I need to start loading for more pistols, and the Dillon makes caliber changes very easy.

I have some 500 brass. Sold the gun dies and brass. Then found a bag of once fired brass. I'll trade around on it.

ibstrokin
03-14-2014, 06:56 PM
I have 100 pieces of brass, which should be enough. I'm loading them for my Dad, and he doesn't shoot that often. But what are you looking for in trade?

Bman
03-14-2014, 11:50 PM
Loading components or 22 lr

Bman
03-15-2014, 01:00 AM
Loading components or 22 lr

Pops Fun
03-18-2014, 11:31 AM

After I get it setup, I'd be glad to have you over and show you how it works :)