PDA

View Full Version : Need Input on a Straw Blower

devous1
04-05-2014, 04:07 PM
Ok, I go pick up a FINN B40 straw blower to lay down straw on about 4 acres around the warehouse we just built. My plan was to pick it up today (they close at noon and dont open till Mon) blow the straw tomorrow and return Monday (supposed to rain Monday so I want it done before then). The rental place was packed and they didn't start it when I was there.

So I get the damn thing back to my place, put it in the warehouse and try to start it. The damn thing wont turn over so I put a charger on it figuring that it has been sitting all winter and the battery is dead. I let it charge for 20-30 min and try it again. It turned once and the neg cabel arced at the battery. I checked the voltage and the batt is still at 12.9. So I clean the lugs on the cables and put no ox on everything thinking it will turn over no problem now. Hell no both connections arc and it wont turn over. I'm thinking its just the lugs that are all fd up (the pos was actually falling apart and you could see the cable in the lug is corroded).

Should I just put new lugs on the cables or wait till Monday and take it back. I REALLY need to get this straw down or the city and the EPA will get up my ass soon for erosion contrll.

Keep in mind this is commercial property, I already have the city checking in on me

redfirepearlgt
04-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Take it back. They should have verified operation of hte unit before delivery as all rental places do that I have dealt with. I would not touch a thing further on it. They could accuse you of damaging it.

Sounds like your luck runs as bad as mine sometimes.

devous1
04-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Fuck yes my luck sucks, so after all this bullshit this morning. I go out to the garage to put a new battery in one of my bikes. I get the battery in and start it, then let it idle for a little while to warm up. Everything is good. Go to the next bike fire it up and let it warm up. Everything is good. I go to get off an lean it and the dreaded Buell kick stand issue bites me in the ass. The old Buells lean far on their kickstands and are notorious for falling. Yep, it falls into the other bike and I cant pick it up because I cant even get between them.

Finally got it picked up with the help of my wife and daughter no damage to either bike other than a grip (I lucked out). So I'm headed to the basement to get drunk before I fuck anything else up.:popcorn:

redfirepearlgt
04-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Have three for me!!!