PDA

View Full Version : Beefcake - 2 / USMC Pony - 0

beefcake
04-28-2014, 02:08 PM
We all remember the infamous Taurus spanking the Eleanor clone a few years back.

Last Sat, Sean decided to stop by with his Grand Sport - Cammed / Supercharged vette.

Not sure the power level, but when I said mine had 600rwhp, he said his had "a lot more"

I started bustin his chops over the Taurus race, and he called me out with Dorothy (2014 600rwhp 4085lbs with me in it).

I declined several times, but he kept pushing for it. I told him, he had the power and weight advantage, but saw he was sporting run flats, or whatever oem tire comes on those things, although it's a wide tire, still didn't think it could handle the power). My boss told me I could leave, so I finally said, you asked, your gonna get it.

We hit the normal sport. Had him on the cell (both auto cars, so no missed shifts or excuses this time, so I thought). I told him we'd go on 3. 1, 2, 3. I spun a tad, but the car hooked decent and I was gone. Got out of it pretty quick as he was no where to be found.

Of course I got the "I only heard 3" so, I gave him 1/2 car on the street, and went again. This time, no spin from me, and really none from him by the spotters that were watching. Won by a decent margin again.

I did opt to give him a roll race as well. I had him to about 130 or so there as well, but he did pass me on the roll.

I told him, he just needs to find someone that wants to race from 37.5 mph all the time and he'll be in good shape!

Rather pleased how Dorothy faired against about a 500lb deficit and at a power disadvantage.

:)

redfirepearlgt
04-28-2014, 03:01 PM
So what type and size DOT's are on Dorothy? What's the suspension setup? Asking for research reasons not asking for any other. Thanks.

Oh is Dorothy sportin the dual adjustable Vikings?

- - - Updated - - -

So what type and size DOT's are on Dorothy? What's the suspension setup? Asking for research reasons not asking for any other. Thanks.

Oh is Dorothy sportin the dual adjustable Vikings?

USMCPONY
04-28-2014, 09:41 PM
So I was on run flats with over 600 hp and I didn't spin?! Lol

firestang70
04-28-2014, 09:52 PM
You challenged a car on drag radials when you had a high power car on run flats. Lol

USMCPONY
04-28-2014, 10:03 PM
No I didn't. I didn't call him out. I went up there for other reasons. But Terry isn't going to post that. It'll take away from his win. But calling him out. I definitely did not do. That's almost as believable as having stock tires with over 600 hOrsepower and not spinning lol

redfirepearlgt
04-28-2014, 10:28 PM
Wow! USMC Pony in a Corvette. It's just a shame. An Absolute damned shame. Terrible, just terrible. And he was soooooo young. Sad to see one take that middle aged crisis path at such an early age. LOL!

USMCPONY
04-28-2014, 10:33 PM
I still have the mustangs. I haven't converted entirely lol.

redfirepearlgt
04-28-2014, 10:37 PM
I still have the mustangs. I haven't converted entirely lol.

Well that's good to know man. Was afraid we'd lost you. Was concerned you'd be hanging out with the rest of those 55+ year old recently divorced guys at Hooters trying to offer waitresses rides in their Corvettes. LOL! You scared me there for a minute. HEE HAW!!!!

USMCPONY
04-28-2014, 10:40 PM
Luckily I haven't had to offer any rides. I've been declining allot though lol.

redfirepearlgt
04-28-2014, 10:50 PM
Luckily I haven't had to offer any rides. I've been declining allot though lol.

Good to see you back on line man. Try being sociable and hanging out with us some this summer. All welding and no play makes USMC a dull cat.

USMCPONY
04-28-2014, 11:09 PM
I wish I could. Working 12 hours and 6 days a week doesn't leave me with much time to do anything. Since Sunday is my only day off I may take a trip to Milford quaker steak cruise in.

redfirepearlgt
04-28-2014, 11:54 PM
I wish I could. Working 12 hours and 6 days a week doesn't leave me with much time to do anything. Since Sunday is my only day off I may take a trip to Milford quaker steak cruise in.

Those kind of hours will make you old prematurely. Not good for a young buck your age to have no time to sough some oats. But then again if your saving and investing it you may be retired by the time you are 40. Then you'll have time to fix that Corvette right and do a Coyote swap! LOL!

USMCPONY
04-29-2014, 12:10 AM
That's the plan lol

beefcake
04-29-2014, 09:10 AM
You challenged a car on drag radials when you had a high power car on run flats. Lol

No I didn't. I didn't call him out. I went up there for other reasons. But Terry isn't going to post that. It'll take away from his win. But calling him out. I definitely did not do. That's almost as believable as having stock tires with over 600 hOrsepower and not spinning lol

LOL.

I can say that is 110% false. There were 6 people standing here when you challenged me. I declined 5 or 6 times before my manager said do it, then I still declined 2 more times, and my boss kept saying to do it.

Now, he did stop by and ask about his coolant temp. Then I started busting his balls over the Taurus race. Then he called me out repeatedly. Even through out $1000!!!

Taurus > Mustang
Mustang > Vette

lol

/thread

I was gonna offer to race in the 450, but it is awd and does have a tune / exhaust. so that could be trouble too lol

USMCPONY
04-29-2014, 01:54 PM
I don't understand why our stores are always so far apart from each other But I guess when your mouth runs at a million miles per hour its hard to remember exactly what was said. I called you cause you posted on a couple forums you're the go to guy for parts and tuning. And since you had a vette that you spend allot of time tuning and dialing in the tranny. So i called and tell you I've been having issues with the tranny not shifting and shifting on its own when temperatures get 190 degrees or more. You said bring it up and you'll look at it. So I did and instantly your shit talking starts right off the bat. My name is beefcake I'm the fastest guy ever blah blah blah. Im gonna tell everyone how fast I am blah blah blah. Oh there's a new person walking by. I'm gonna tell them how fast I am blah blah blah. YOU said you could beat me in my Vette do I said let's do it. You never declined then your coworkers instigated the rest. I never called you out. I did mention there's no way I'm gonna beat you from a dig but I will beat you from a roll and I did. We get to the spot. I tell you we need to hurry cause I'm trans temperature is at 230 degrees. You do your 20 second pre race burn out. We slow down. You're talking but I can't hear you I hear go on 3. I hear a pause then I hear 3 and you take off. I was surprised so I hit the gas to hard and lite them up. Short shift into 2nd and 3rd. Middle of 3rd I'm full throttle but you're already 6 lengths ahead. Im starting to gain on you pretty quick and I get 2-3 lengths behind and you let off. 2nd race we line up I put the car into 2nd for a easier launch. We hit it and my car shifts into 1st spinss a little. I let up on the throttle and shift into 2nd. You're already 7 lengths out. By the end of the race you beat me by 5. Roll race we line up. I put in 4 th expecting it to shift into 3rd. We hit it and it stays in 4th. You just 3 lengths. I hit boost and i pass you abd get you by a few lengths. To say I wasn't spinning is ridiculous lol. Im 1/4 throttle until the middle of third. Yes you win 2/3 races but that isn't a flawless victory. You car straight hooked and mine didn't just like I told you before the race that I didn't cake you out. Regardless it's all fun to me. Put some street tired on that thing and you'll get spanked like a baby.

70mm_LS1_Eater
04-29-2014, 02:19 PM
What year is your Corvette? What supercharger/cam? Stock stall? Fuel mods?

beefcake
04-29-2014, 02:22 PM
I don't understand why our stores are always so far apart from each other But I guess when your mouth runs at a million miles per hour its hard to remember exactly what was said. I called you cause you posted on a couple forums you're the go to guy for parts and tuning. And since you had a vette that you spend allot of time tuning and dialing in the tranny. So i called and tell you I've been having issues with the tranny not shifting and shifting on its own when temperatures get 190 degrees or more. You said bring it up and you'll look at it. So I did and instantly your shit talking starts right off the bat. My name is beefcake I'm the fastest guy ever blah blah blah. Im gonna tell everyone how fast I am blah blah blah. Oh there's a new person walking by. I'm gonna tell them how fast I am blah blah blah. YOU said you could beat me in my Vette do I said let's do it. You never declined then your coworkers instigated the rest. I never called you out. I did mention there's no way I'm gonna beat you from a dig but I will beat you from a roll and I did. We get to the spot. I tell you we need to hurry cause I'm trans temperature is at 230 degrees. You do your 20 second pre race burn out. We slow down. You're talking but I can't hear you I hear go on 3. I hear a pause then I hear 3 and you take off. I was surprised so I hit the gas to hard and lite them up. Short shift into 2nd and 3rd. Middle of 3rd I'm full throttle but you're already 6 lengths ahead. Im starting to gain on you pretty quick and I get 2-3 lengths behind and you let off. 2nd race we line up I put the car into 2nd for a easier launch. We hit it and my car shifts into 1st spinss a little. I let up on the throttle and shift into 2nd. You're already 7 lengths out. By the end of the race you beat me by 5. Roll race we line up. I put in 4 th expecting it to shift into 3rd. We hit it and it stays in 4th. You just 3 lengths. I hit boost and i pass you abd get you by a few lengths. To say I wasn't spinning is ridiculous lol. Im 1/4 throttle until the middle of third. Yes you win 2/3 races but that isn't a flawless victory. You car straight hooked and mine didn't just like I told you before the race that I didn't cake you out. Regardless it's all fun to me. Put some street tired on that thing and you'll get spanked like a baby.

lol,

I know why you stopped by, but after we talked about the car, I started talking about the Taurus race, and then I asked you what you were making, I said i had 600. You said you had more. I said probably a good race, but you have the weight advanatge. You were like. Let's go. I said no, you said come on. I said no, I'm working. My boss said i could leave. Even after my boss said I could leave, I declined. There were 5 or 6 people standing there that would all verify. I declined like 6 or 7 times.

maverick
04-29-2014, 02:32 PM
:popcorn:

USMCPONY
04-29-2014, 02:53 PM
The car is a 2013 with novi 1500 supercharger, custom grind blower cam, meth injection, built automatic tranny, longtube headers etc

- - - Updated - - -

Beefcake, I don't recall calling you out cause I'm not that much of a drag racer. I remember agreeing to a race with about 6 ppl instigating it. Regardless, win or lose. I still have fun.

beefcake
04-29-2014, 02:54 PM
The car is a 2013 with novi 1500 supercharger, custom grind blower cam, meth injection, built automatic tranny, longtube headers etc

- - - Updated - - -

Beefcake, I don't recall calling you out cause I'm not that much of a drag racer. I remember agreeing to a race with about 6 ppl instigating it. Regardless, win or lose. I still have fun.

racing is always fun!

USMCPONY
04-29-2014, 06:41 PM
Ok mister to go go guy. The shop that built my car is telling me I need to data log my car. Can you help me with that?

redfirepearlgt
04-29-2014, 09:50 PM
Ok mister to go go guy. The shop that built my car is telling me I need to data log my car. Can you help me with that?

An SCT tuner for GM's should help you there. Download their Livelink Gen II software to your laptop, configure what PIDs and information you wish to trend and chart, plug in the sct to the laptop and the car, start it up start driving and press begin logging when you are ready. That package is awesome.

USMCPONY
04-29-2014, 10:24 PM
When I talked to them they said gm doesn't use hand held tuners. They use different software programs.

redfirepearlgt
04-29-2014, 10:56 PM
hmmmmm...so why is there SCT products for GM (including vettes) on their website? That's odd.

http://www.sctflash.com/#2

USMCPONY
04-30-2014, 02:17 AM
That could be true but what the shop told me is they don't use hand held tuners.

Gearhead
04-30-2014, 06:54 AM
That could be true but what the shop told me is they don't use hand held tuners.

So what device do they use to transfer and save the tune, in case you need to re-flash back to stock ? Or, if you need a tune revision ?

redfirepearlgt
04-30-2014, 08:39 AM
Ask Adam. He'd know he answer to this question. S&M Motorsports FTW!

05yellowgt
04-30-2014, 09:44 AM
If I had to guess, he is using HP Tuners.

beefcake
04-30-2014, 12:05 PM
I would guess they are using HP tuners, that's what a lot of the gm shops use. You would probably have to buy the software

leroy93lx
04-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Who did the transmission in the Vette?

dsmawd350
05-01-2014, 12:45 PM
yeah just go see Adam@ S&M hell get you taken care of and probably running better too

2-Tone
05-01-2014, 10:57 PM
You would need a laptop with hp tuners or efi live to data log depending on what software was used to tune the car. Adam can work with either.

USMCPONY
05-01-2014, 11:27 PM
I called dtp. Didn't really like his answers. I called Adam and haven't received a call back. The guys on the corvette forum referred me to Century automotive. They specialize in corvette transmissions. Still waiting on a call back from them as well.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I've been told is these transmissions are so finicky and are hard to tune there isn't to many shops that actually know how to tune then.

Maximus
05-02-2014, 08:04 AM
I called dtp. Didn't really like his answers. I called Adam and haven't received a call back. The guys on the corvette forum referred me to Century automotive. They specialize in corvette transmissions. Still waiting on a call back from them as well.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I've been told is these transmissions are so finicky and are hard to tune there isn't to many shops that actually know how to tune then.

DTP?? as in Milford DTP?? Um, you MIGHT want to do a search about him on a few forums.

mustangboy
05-02-2014, 10:35 AM
If I'm not mistaken doesnt Cincy Speed tune Corvettes all the time??? Why not try the people local who are known to tune GM stuff all day long. Duh

mustang8998
05-02-2014, 10:40 AM
LT1 Dave.....LOL!

cstreu1026
05-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Now that's a name I haven't seen mentioned in years.

USMCPONY
05-02-2014, 01:13 PM
So I take it I should avoid dtp lol

mustangboy
05-02-2014, 01:37 PM
If you have to ask that question maybe you should just sell your cars and buy a prius

facemelter71
05-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Cincy Speed and S&M Motorsports both tune GM cars very well. Whats wrong with either one of them?

USMCPONY
05-02-2014, 03:37 PM
It wasn't a question. Hence no question mark.

USMCPONY
05-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Nothing is wrong with them. .I called Adam but he must be busy. I'll keep trying.

beefcake
05-10-2014, 10:35 AM
guy bought a Camaro from me that cincy speed had tuned.

he calls me about a month later, saying he got the shaft on the car. said the engine blew on it. that's why we sold it as is. I told him the cars previous owner had taken great care of the car, the car ran great, it was as is because of the cams / heads / intake, etc..

then he happens to mention having it retuned. I asked what he meant. He told me he took it to DTP because he thought it was a little lacking on power. I was like. So, you took a car that was running fine, drove it for weeks it was fine, then you take it to DTP and have it retuned, and 2 days later it blows??? And that's my fault because.......

USMCPONY
05-10-2014, 01:38 PM
I called and told him that the car was already tuned. He interrupted me and said how much power did it make. I told him and he said we'll see about that. I said yeah we will but anyway the car is already tuned. The motor runs flawlessly but the tranny isnt. Is it possible to tune the tranny without changing the motor tune. His reply was yeah but I'm still charging you full price.

beefcake
05-10-2014, 02:10 PM
if craig or adam can't do it. take it to livernois, they do more of those than about anyone

redfirepearlgt
05-15-2014, 07:32 AM
Put it back to stock and sell it to some old guy. Then buy something more fun, like an 07-09 GT500 or 04 Terminator, or a 13/14 GT auto, or a G8, GTO, Camaro, Firebird, Z28, Buick Rendevouz, Yugo, Saturn SL2, Honda Civic, Ford Fusion, AMC Spirit, Dodge Dynasty...

Maximus
05-15-2014, 10:04 AM
Put it back to stock and sell it to some old guy. Then buy something more fun, like an 07-09 GT500 or 04 Terminator, or a 13/14 GT auto, or a G8, GTO, Camaro, Firebird, Z28, Buick Rendevouz, Yugo, Saturn SL2, Honda Civic, Ford Fusion, AMC Spirit, Dodge Dynasty...

Old? Hell, Jon, owner of this ZO6 is younger than me. :(

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152397643669114

- - - Updated - - -

guy bought a Camaro from me that cincy speed had tuned.

he calls me about a month later, saying he got the shaft on the car. said the engine blew on it. that's why we sold it as is. I told him the cars previous owner had taken great care of the car, the car ran great, it was as is because of the cams / heads / intake, etc..

then he happens to mention having it retuned. I asked what he meant. He told me he took it to DTP because he thought it was a little lacking on power. I was like. So, you took a car that was running fine, drove it for weeks it was fine, then you take it to DTP and have it retuned, and 2 days later it blows??? And that's my fault because.......

Bobs old Camaro? Didnt dude pay DTP to put a stock engine back in that Camaro after th-y/IT blew up?

beefcake
05-15-2014, 10:08 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Bobs old Camaro? Didnt dude pay DTP to put a stock engine back in that Camaro after th-y/IT blew up?

he did, lol.

did he ever contact you about tuning?

Maximus
05-15-2014, 11:08 AM
he did, lol.

did he ever contact you about tuning?

No he did not, at least I dont think he did. We get a lot of calls about tuning, but Im sure he will not be saying, "Hey Im the guy that bought Bobs Camaro, thought it was slow, took it to D--, then blew it up, paid to have a stock LS3 in it, yada yada yada...

If you see if, tell him I can give him a deal as we already tuned it (Correctly) once. :)

redfirepearlgt
05-16-2014, 11:31 AM

- - - Updated - - -

NOPE! Always seen Corvettes as a car to be owned by insecure old guys going through a mid-life crisis. Even when I was a GM man and younger I saw them in this manner. Still do and always will. Best Corvette I ever saw was a Mazda RX7 with a Corvette LS engine transplanted into it. Now that I would drive. BUT NEVER A CORVETTE.:D

phatford
05-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Well that's good to know man. Was afraid we'd lost you. Was concerned you'd be hanging out with the rest of those 55+ year old recently divorced guys at Hooters trying to offer waitresses rides in their Corvettes. LOL! You scared me there for a minute. HEE HAW!!!!

Haha I have seen this happen! ^^^^^^^^ sooo true