PDA

View Full Version : Here's a horror story for you...

Goldenpony
05-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Last year I bought 3000 rounds of Winchester M-22 .22LR ammo from a guy in Wilmington through Armslist. Paid a little more than I would have liked, but with the availability of .22 LR today I figured I'd grab it. Recently, I decided to shoot some of it. I found a lot of it I couldn't get to go into the cylinder of my Ruger Single Six, some of it was OK. Next I loaded up my Marlin model 60 and had several FTEs. Decided there was a problem with the ammo. Contacted Winchester and they were very nice about it and sent me a pre-paid UPS return label. Dropped it off at the UPS store in Milford last Monday the 28th. They said it should be delivered to Alton, Il. in about 2 days. Well, it never showed up. UPS is doing a lost package investigation (should it be stolen by a UPS employee investigation?). I am still waiting to hear back on the results. I figure at todays prices 3000 rounds of high velocity .22 LR ammo could run $500 to $600 or more. I really can't believe this.

2Kblacksleeper
05-07-2014, 03:31 PM
That sucks. Sorry to hear that.

05yellowgt
05-07-2014, 05:18 PM
Eeek. Did you insure the shipment by chance?

Edit: Oops, I missed that you were sent a pre-paid shipping label.

Mista Bone
05-08-2014, 03:37 AM
This is when taking picture of each step really helps.

Goldenpony
05-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Well I think I have some good news. I just got off the phone with Winchester and they received my ammo yesterday. She said the box kind of broke down, possible wasn't sturdy enough for the weight of the 3K rounds. Anyway, it is in quality control right now and as soon as they get a count on the number of rounds I would hear back from them. I assume that since they are checking the count they are planning to replace it. Hopefully, it's time for a happy dance.