PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Dates

rtvickers
06-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Just want to see what dates throughout the warm months work for everyone. The Gearheds will be doing a few cruises and would like to extend an invitation to the SBZ. As usual. There is a lot of great people on both sites and that always makes for a good time. Im looking for a few dates for the Terminator cruise and the Gearheds Family Poker Run. And maybe some ideas on the cruises also. So throw out some dates that do and dont work for everyone. Could be saturday or sunday after 1pm.

If you own an 03-04 Cobra or know someone that has one it would nice if you/they could attend the Terminator Cruise. It would be awesome to have more than 3 or 4 Cobras attend. I promise you will have an awesome time. Bring the kids if you want. Its always a family affair. We usually meet at QSL in Florence and run up 75 to downtown Cincy. Run through downtown past fountain square and out Columbia PKWY through Mairmont into Milford and stop at Milford QSL. Leave there jump on 275 and head to QSL in Colerain. They usually have a cruisin going on by the time we get there. It would be awesome to see at least 10 Terminators heading up the road together. In my opinion. But its not limited to just the Terminator Cobra. You can drive what ever you want to drive. Even a Fiat. Lol. You dont have to make the whole cruise. If you want to meet up along the route somewhere is fine too. If your new to the site and not sure about all this crap. Use the search bar and search Terminator cruise. Or private message (PM) one of us and Im sure we can get you a video of one of the past events. Dont be shy, come out and make some new friends and memories. Thats the fun part.

Last year was the first year for the Poker Run. It kind of got off to a fast start. But for those of you who didnt attend. This is not a race. Its just a cruise like all the rest. If you want to play with you car during this event, thats up to you. I can a sure you that there will be someone ready. Anyway, we usually meet at Hooters on Rt4. Hooters being the first stop and the first card dealt, there will be 4 more stops along the way and a card dealt at each stop. We just make a run around the 275 loop with the last stop at Colerain QSL. We throw up $5 to participate in the card game but you dont have to play to attend. We split the winnings. The winner takes half and we donate the other half to a charity of their choice. No one puts any money in their pocket except the winner. You dont have to have a car to participate in the card game. Bring how many and who ever you want. This is a family event as are all of our events. Its all about having fun and meeting new people. A good time will be had by all.

After we come up with some dates that work for everyone well get more detailed on the cruises. So make this your motivator to get your car done so you can make it to these cruises. If you dont feel comfortable posting, feel free to PM (private message) me or call or text me.

Here's my number
Tommy V
859 322 3159
rtvickers@yahoo.com

If I dont answer leave a voicemail and I will call back. Sometimes I cant take calls at work. And I always working. Lol

PKFIRE
06-01-2014, 03:18 PM
When is the Terminator cruise estimated to happen?

rtvickers
06-01-2014, 03:28 PM
When is the Terminator cruise estimated to happen?

Not sure yet. Thats why I put it out there to see what works for everyone.

redfirepearlgt
06-01-2014, 03:51 PM
June 12-15 is NMRA Norwalk. You may wish to check the other NMRA dates as well as UMTR and XOS to find a date that might not interfere with any of those. OF course July 4th is also on a Friday this year.

We're DINKS. No pee-wee tournaments, softball challenges, volleyball championhips, graduations, birthdays, ballets, plays, concerts, etc. Just funerals, wakes, viewings, and the recent upswing in doctors appointments that can shoot our plans at last minute.

draggin50
06-01-2014, 04:33 PM
Xtreme Outlaw Series 2014 dates:
May 10th
June 14th
July 12th
August 9th...
September 13th
October 11th
Also the Sundays before the races are the Track Rental days that are free to spectate.

Id be in for the Terminator Cruise. Just need a date to set aside.

rtvickers
06-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Xtreme Outlaw Series 2014 dates:
May 10th
June 14th
July 12th
August 9th...
September 13th
October 11th
Also the Sundays before the races are the Track Rental days that are free to spectate.

Id be in for the Terminator Cruise. Just need a date to set aside.

Are the xos dates just Saturdays. Or are they Saturday and Sunday. Like June 14 and 15 or just June 14?

- - - Updated - - -

So far I've got the xos, umtr, and nmra marked off on the calender. What other events do we have to schedule around?

draggin50
06-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Just Saturdays.

rtvickers
06-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Just Saturdays.

Cool. Thanks Brian.

draggin50
06-01-2014, 09:05 PM
No problem! Im hoping I cant get out to some of the cruises soon. I hardly ever get the Cobra out and stretch its legs!

rtvickers
06-01-2014, 09:12 PM
No problem! Im hoping I cant get out to some of the cruises soon. I hardly ever get the Cobra out and stretch its legs!

It would be awesome to have you come out with us.

rtvickers
06-17-2014, 05:47 AM
Bump...... anyone have any dates that do or don't work?

redfirepearlgt
06-17-2014, 09:16 AM
Sat July 19th is No-Shots church's car show. Their first one I believe. We should respectfully plan around that IMO. Otherwise pick a date and lets rock!!

2Fast4You
06-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Anyone know about the car show, cruise in and swap that is going on in Middletown at the same place they have at the haunted trails?

rtvickers
06-18-2014, 09:57 PM
Anyone know about the car show, cruise in and swap that is going on in Middletown at the same place they have at the haunted trails?

I believe it's at land of illusion. I'm not sure of the date. I seen it on Facebook.

4n_eatr
06-19-2014, 09:06 AM
If I can get these damn seats sold and get my car retuned I'll be down for cruising again. She's been having some issues lately.

rtvickers
06-28-2014, 11:03 PM
How does, Aug 24 for the Terminator Cruise and Sept 28 for the Family Poker run, work for everyone?

redfirepearlgt
06-28-2014, 11:21 PM
As long as the Lord don't come, and the creek don't rise before then.

leroy93lx
06-28-2014, 11:36 PM
Would anybody be up for a 2 hour drive to my neck of the woods? The City of New Castle use to be a very hot cruise spot until about 2003 and it kind of fizzled out. Now a group has started organizing a monthly "RETRO BROAD STREET CRUISE" once a month for the Summer. The one in July is suppose to be huge with a downtown car show earlier in the day and cruising and bullshitting all evening until ???? . They had one tonight and I would guesstimate 200 or so cars and bikes cruising and lined up and down about 6 city blocks. It brought back a lot of memories of cruising back in the late 90s. There is also a great 1/4 mile stretch out on 3 that makes for some good street racing! The next one is July 26th. You guys might check out their Facebook page. I think its Retro Broad Street Cruise. I don't have Facebook so I don't know! You guys might enjoy it. It would be a full day and it wouldn't be any cars you see in your area.

redfirepearlgt
06-28-2014, 11:44 PM
Would anybody be up for a 2 hour drive to my neck of the woods? The City of New Castle use to be a very hot cruise spot until about 2003 and it kind of fizzled out. Now a group has started organizing a monthly "RETRO BROAD STREET CRUISE" once a month for the Summer. The one in July is suppose to be huge with a downtown car show earlier in the day and cruising and bullshitting all evening until ???? . They had one tonight and I would guesstimate 200 or so cars and bikes cruising and lined up and down about 6 city blocks. It brought back a lot of memories of cruising back in the late 90s. There is also a great 1/4 mile stretch out on 3 that makes for some good street racing! The next one is July 26th. You guys might check out their Facebook page. I think its Retro Broad Street Cruise. I don't have Facebook so I don't know! You guys might enjoy it. It would be a full day and it wouldn't be any cars you see in your area.

That would be a Saturday. Looks like a nice enough drive. When does the Cruise and soforth start? A website link with an event schedule would be appreciated. Isn't there an old rootbeer stand there in NewCastle? Maybe I am thinking of another town up north of there.

leroy93lx
06-28-2014, 11:57 PM
I will see what info I can gather up tomorrow. The root beer stand is 20 miles north in Muncie. Still open and still kicks ass. Typically the festivities start around 3 but I think this one is going to be earlier due to the car show. I would guess 10 a.m. to Midnight kind of thing.

leroy93lx
06-29-2014, 09:42 AM
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x191/leroy93lx/Retro%20cruise%20and%20car%20show%20July_zpsuuutbk au.jpg (http://s180.photobucket.com/user/leroy93lx/media/Retro%20cruise%20and%20car%20show%20July_zpsuuutbk au.jpg.html)

rtvickers
07-18-2014, 04:30 PM
So I'm looking at Aug 24 and Sept 21 for dates on the Terminator cruise and the poker run. How do you guys feel about these dates and which one do you want to do first? Any input would help. Thanks.

PKFIRE
07-23-2014, 06:43 PM
August 24th is definitely a possibility. I'll let you know Tommy.

redfirepearlgt
07-23-2014, 06:46 PM
works for me as far as I know.

rtvickers
07-23-2014, 10:21 PM
Ive already posted the date Aug 24 for the Poker Run. And the Terminator cruise will probably be on Sep 21

draggin50
07-25-2014, 08:48 AM
Im gonna try to make the Terminator cruise this year!! Hopefully we have good weather!

joe2340
07-25-2014, 10:44 AM
Carshow tomorrow in hillsboro. Its from noon to 4ish. Its kn tje hobart parking lot.. not sure address but its right next to southern state college and the sheriff's office so if you google one of those you can find it. Its 8$. Prized trophys and so on. Im gona take the fox down sorry for last min info.