PDA

View Full Version : Turtle wax jet black or black box

mustangjon
06-01-2014, 09:57 PM
TURTLE WAX® JET BLACK™ BLACK BOX® FINISH KIT
FEATURES EXCLUSIVE TINT TECHNOLOGY
Black is the ultimate color statement for your vehicle. No other color makes vehicles look more luxurious, intimidating, mysterious, even sexy. The finish experts at Turtle Wax® have developed the Black Box® Finish Kit - a collection of high-performing products to help you restore and maintain your vehicle’s original deep, rich, wet, black shine without leaving any white powdery residue. The Black Box® Finish Kit revitalizes, brightens and deepens dull, faded black and dark grey paint, replenishing lost color and shine to like new condition .................................................. ............Real world I just spent a few hours putting this on as rain was closing in I got rushed and still have front fenders and bumper but overall I must say I'm impressed. Swirl marks streaks and small scuffs and chips dissappear. At 17 bucks for the box it's well worth it comes with 2 applicator pads a dyed cleaner , dyed wax, and 2 bottles of detailer spray. It is timely to apply as it's 2-3 steps basically but any good wax should be done with cleaner and wax or clay bar. Warning shit is like shoe Polish recommend gloves... Your hands will turn black! As well lots of micro fiber cloths I went through 6 and an old tshirt and didn't get to finish thanks to rain. If you have black paint this stuff is the shit. Not sure on longevity yet obviously.

Rick93coupe
06-01-2014, 10:09 PM
I recommended it to a customer a few weeks ago after removing a few deeper scratches in his paint. He was really impressed with how the car turned out after using it.
I will never own another black car, lol.

sean
06-02-2014, 12:06 AM
Yup. Black cars suck. Hell to keep clean and show every scratch and swirl. I'll never own another one unless it's a deal I just can't pass up.

chris91
06-02-2014, 12:20 AM
There are far better products than anything Turtle Wax makes. Go check out AutoGeek or ChemicalGuys. They will set you straight. Their stuff is a little more pricey but you dont have to use much at all and its definitely worth the money. Right now I am using P21S Pure Carnuba, Chemical Guys Deep Reflections XP, and Chemical Guys Extreme Top Coat Sealant. I start with the Deep Reflections, then go to the P21S and finish it off with the Extreme Top Coat Sealant and it shines like new everytime. You only have to do this once every other month. In between washes I will just throw a quick coat of either P21S or DR on it. Tommy's car has the Deep Reflections Wax on it.