PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info on diesel tuners

01cobra
07-23-2014, 08:40 PM
Looking for info on diesel tuners from anyone who might be up on all that stuff.
Brief background. 2011 super duty 6.7 diesel w/70k. Truck is completely stock and used for general transport/towing. Long story short I'm tired of spending money to repair emission system. I want to delete all emission related components. Problem is I'm not really knowledgeable on what's available or generally the preferred setup. I'm no stranger to tuning as I have worked with many ford gas engines. I currently have sct pro racer software for my other cars. When I called to inquire about adding the truck I was informed I would have to purchase the diesel dealer package. This package is not an option due to price. I know most of the names such as sct hs spartan etc. but not much about their products. I would prefer something with complete control of the ECM. I don't really want mail order tune or to be married to a local tuner. I'm really not interested in adding power or mpg but will gladly take it if it's part of the deal. Don't want smoke stacks or any coal rolling crap. Just want to delete emission stuff. So tell me what you have what you like don't like. Anyone local tuning selling tuners etc. thanks

SN95N/A
07-23-2014, 08:46 PM
I got 13 6.7 and I'm either going to go with the spartan or h&s tunes to get rid of that space shuttle of an exhaust that's on these trucks.May look into the spe tunes also.from my research seems like the turbo's are the weak points in the earlier 6.7 trucks but they had more issues with the cab and chassis trucks for some reason.

01cobra
07-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Thanks for info. Mine has been great other than the emission stuff. By stuff I mean oxygen sensors, temp probes, O2 controller, reductant pumps, EGR coolers etc. I hate that it's all junk. I like that it doesn't smoke and stink and make a bunch of racket in the drive thru at McDonalds.

joe2340
07-24-2014, 10:27 PM
I think right now h and s is the way to go. But if you want custom tning would be best. Could do emission delete and custom tunes for most power. I drive a pretty well modded 7.3 tjough so