PDA

View Full Version : Street Outlaws

NXcoupe
09-19-2014, 07:17 AM
Anyone else been watching this show?

KB1
09-19-2014, 07:25 AM
I have watched every episode, not convinced they are racing on the street, however good entertainment!

vertigo
09-19-2014, 08:19 AM
I agree, probably not reality as you see the lights all the way down the "street." looks like a road construction setup. With that being said, my DVR is preset to record it all the freaking time.

redfirepearlgt
09-19-2014, 10:54 AM
I have watched every episode, not convinced they are racing on the street, however good entertainment!

I get a kick out of watching the series myself. Haven't missed an episode either (I don't think). Awesome race cars as well. Can't wait to see Farm truck return with what is brewing up his sleeve. But..........

When was the last time you had a street race challenge and went to race under portable generator powered halogen lights on both sides of the street all the way down your quarter or eighth mile? I agree it is on the street as they say, but aside from maybe their late night test hits there is no risk of cops rolling in there and hauling everyone off regardless of what state they are racing in. Its all closed off when that takes place.

devous1
09-19-2014, 12:57 PM
There was a big write up a couple months ago, they were trying to do a show in Royal Oak, MI (North end of Detroit). Apparently the show was getting ready to go and the city pulled their permits at the last minute to shut the road down. I guess once it became known they were going to do a show there people started bitching and then the soccer moms probably started pissing and moaning. So yea they are on a "road/street" but it's not like they are meeting on a back road and hitting it.

In my opinion still pretty fucking impressive putting those cars on an unprepped strip.

They were also calling out all imports about a month ago on facebook.

maverick
09-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Cool show

NXcoupe
09-19-2014, 03:09 PM
I'm liking it too. I missed some episodes last year, but this year I think I saw them all. I think it stinks that TW doesn't have them On Demand as they advertise on their commercials. It seems this show just doesn't get the love other ones do. I'd like to have the old shows to watch when I have time like the other shows I'm addicted to. I like how they present the cars and the racers. It's a cool show and great entertainment. Farm truck is cool to watch. I saw him at the PRI show last year.

Rick93coupe
09-19-2014, 05:53 PM
I like the show but Asian is too corny for me. Everyone else seems to love the guy.
I'd rock the dung beetle as a daily driver though, that's a neat little car.

devous1
09-19-2014, 06:04 PM
AZN and Farmtruck act a little fru fru? Just saying.

bbfstanger
09-19-2014, 07:59 PM
those two are close forsure!
i like the show but the only bbf isnt representin very well.
heard from a oklahoma source he got it lined out on the dyno and the chassis setup so maybe things will get better.

NXcoupe
09-20-2014, 01:29 PM
those two are close forsure!
i like the show but the only bbf isnt representin very well.
heard from a oklahoma source he got it lined out on the dyno and the chassis setup so maybe things will get better.

I hope so. Isnt he the only Ford powered vehicle period? Im surprised the dart isnt bbc powered. Lol

NO SHOT
09-20-2014, 05:24 PM
I believe it is Mike!!
I hope so. Isnt he the only Ford powered vehicle period? Im surprised the dart isnt bbc powered. Lol

NXcoupe
10-04-2014, 01:29 AM
Anyone know why this show is not available on demand on TWC? Is it coming out on dvd or something?

devous1
10-04-2014, 07:41 AM
Check Youtube, It seems like they play the shit out if the reruns then nothing.

I guess Daddy Dave was at Pacemakers earlier this year.

NXcoupe
10-06-2014, 12:53 PM
I will try that sometime when I get a free minute for a breath of air.