PDA

View Full Version : kil-kare shut down???

pegasus
10-03-2014, 03:38 PM
All remaining 2014 events are cancelled

October 3, 2014 –Kil-Kare is being shuddered today. The racing activities for the rest of the season are cancelled. This includes all Test and Tunes, as well as Saturday points chase racing. The points chase stops where it is at. There will be no other racing events. the racers banquets will proceed as planned. Kil-Kare would like to thank all racing participants as well as spectators for your patronage and support. Kil-Kare would also like to thank everyone who has been on board as staff members for all of their hard work and dedication.

WTF!!

shadowracing
10-03-2014, 04:30 PM
Whats going on what do they mean shuddered that sucks

Blkcobra01
10-03-2014, 04:59 PM
I just saw this too what is the deal with this?

redfirepearlgt
10-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Man I was looking forward to some pulled pork and fried kentucky round steak (bologna) sandwiches.

Let me guess...Noise issue complaints from a recently built upper income neighborhood developement...

mustangjon
10-03-2014, 06:01 PM
This should clarify all came from the website

Kil-Kare Raceway Cancels All remaining 2014 Events.

October 3, 2014 –Kil-Kare is being shutdown today. The racing activities for the rest of the season are cancelled. This includes all Test and Tunes, as well as Saturday points chase racing. The points chase stops where it is at. There will be no other racing events. the racers banquets will proceed as planned. Kil-Kare would like to thank all racing participants as well as spectators for your patronage and support. Kil-Kare would also like to thank everyone who has been on board as staff members for all of their hard work and dedication.

Kil-Kare Raceway is in the process of restructuring for the 2015 season. Due to unforeseen circumstances we are now forced to regroup to more efficiently run the business and better serve our racing community. We are currently working on plans for the 2015 season. We will release the details for the upcoming season when plans are finalized.

redfirepearlgt
10-03-2014, 08:45 PM
^^^ Well that's a relief. Was fearful that some new high browed developer had leveled a lawsuit against them for noise or something and they had been forced to shut down. Thanks for posting entire message Jon.

pegasus
10-03-2014, 09:59 PM
They are putting a loop in at the speed way jk good to know they are just ending the session early

NXcoupe
10-04-2014, 01:27 AM
I dunno. I'm fearful there's more to it than what they are posting. I've heard a lot of chatter on the rumor mill. I think I've gotten over a dozen calls and texts on the subject today.

draggin50
10-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Ive heard a lot of rumors but no one is confirming or denying anything... As long as it doesn't turn into a gravel pit!! The track is the best around right now and Id hate to see it go away.

They do need to get rid of the security BS and go back to being a family type of joint.

k062693w
10-04-2014, 10:44 AM
LS SWAP !!!

bbford
10-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Ive heard a lot of rumors but no one is confirming or denying anything... As long as it doesn't turn into a gravel pit!! The track is the best around right now and Id hate to see it go away.

They do need to get rid of the security BS and go back to being a family type of joint.

I agree all the security BS and fences everywhere has killed the spectator turn out. No one wants to walk their kids through the "Beer garden" just to get to the bleachers. Last couple times I was there the security guys were rude, most act like they don't want to be bothered or even be there. I've been going there for 20+years and it was never set up or ran like this and the bleachers and staging lanes were always full

Kwik92GT
10-04-2014, 02:30 PM
I agree all the security BS and fences everywhere has killed the spectator turn out. No one wants to walk their kids through the "Beer garden" just to get to the bleachers. Last couple times I was there the security guys were rude, most act like they don't want to be bothered or even be there. I've been going there for 20+years and it was never set up or ran like this and the bleachers and staging lanes were always full

I totally agree. They went from being one of the most spectator friendly facilities around to one of the worse. I love what they've done to the track itself as far as upgrades all around, including a whole new racing surface, but they seem to have forgot what made Kil-Kare, Kil-Kare.