PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to the Hot Rod shop in Milford?

USMCPONY
11-11-2014, 08:27 PM
The place that bought out Modular Depot and had something going on with S&M. I noticed the sign was taken down and the place was empty a few months ago. Hope they didn't invest all that money and then close shop.

Gearhead
11-11-2014, 08:45 PM
The place that bought out Modular Depot and S&M. I noticed the sign was taken down and the place was empty a few months ago. Hope they didn't invest all that money and then close shop.

Easy Street Speed and Customs ? Or whatever it was called ? I don't believe they bought out S&M, I think Adam just worked there for a bit, before reopening his shop. Anyway, I think Easy Street went under......heard it wasn't the best work environment.

USMCPONY
11-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Yes them. That sucks. Seems like allot of performance shops are going under.

redfirepearlgt
11-11-2014, 09:41 PM
The place that bought out Modular Depot and S&M. I noticed the sign was taken down and the place was empty a few months ago. Hope they didn't invest all that money and then close shop.

S&M motorsports was never bought by them. Adam did work there for a while. But Adam is currently doing very well @ S&M Motorsports in a new facility out on Harrison Avenue. I was just over there today. He's got a lot of good stuff in the makings. I 'll let him share when he is ready to do so.

But yes Easy Street did buy out MD and has since went under. Sad knowing Ken B started MD.

USMCPONY
11-11-2014, 09:59 PM
That sucks. Another local Mod shop gone. Speed Freaks, Modular Depot and Easy Street Customs

Goldenpony
11-11-2014, 11:21 PM
There's still Finish Line Performance where Midas used to be.

redfirepearlgt
11-12-2014, 03:25 PM
There's still Finish Line Performance where Midas used to be.

Yip. Great guys to deal with. Have done a lot of business with Brian and Brandon and the guys with the 13. Always treated me fairly.

chris91
11-12-2014, 03:34 PM
That sucks. Another local Mod shop gone. Speed Freaks, Modular Depot and Easy Street Customs

I miss having Speed Freaks over here on the East Side. Would love for another shop to open up over here. If one happens to Ill be the shop bitch boy, sweeping up floors, cleanin bathrooms, etc. HAHA

gbrown8439
11-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Anyway, I think Easy Street went under......heard it wasn't the best work environment.

That's an understatement. :cool2:

USMCPONY
11-12-2014, 09:31 PM
Actually there's a place that builds dirt cars on beechmont towards bethel. I went in and bought methanol and they said they also build drag cars. No clue if they're good or not. I think its called J&M performance or something.

Walter
11-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Actually there's a place that builds dirt cars on beechmont towards bethel. I went in and bought methanol and they said they also build drag cars. No clue if they're good or not. I think its called J&M performance or something.

I havnt known them to build any drag cars, not that that means anything tho. They will match summits pricing on anything. Not that thats necessarily a good thing LOL. They do usually have a variety of hose ends etc. But so does Pep Boys.

USMCPONY
11-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Pepboys doesn't sell methanol but J&M doesn't sell super sweet Indiglo lights. Fml

Walter
11-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Pepboys doesn't sell methanol but J&M doesn't sell super sweet Indiglo lights. Fml

I didnt say pep boys sold methanol. But they do sell hose ends, various AN fittings, drag radials, slicks, nitrous etc.

cobrajoe
11-14-2014, 09:35 AM
I miss having Speed Freaks over here on the East Side. Would love for another shop to open up over here. If one happens to Ill be the shop bitch boy, sweeping up floors, cleanin bathrooms, etc. HAHA

You never know...

beefcake
11-22-2014, 02:43 PM
Me and brian from Finish Line actually bought the dyno and put it up at finish line.

I think they kept a couple mechanics to work on their personal stuff, I think that's the main reason he bought the place anyway