PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Dozen Q&A

Kwik92GT
03-16-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm starting this thread to get some discussion going about the Dirty Dozen ET list. Is there still an interest in keeping this list? I'm asking because the past few years have shown less and less participation on the list. Why? What's keeping people from wanting to be a part of the list? Politics? Drama? Lots of cars just not finished? Just simply not many people on the board racing anymore? Lets get a discussion going, I'd REALLY like to find out what is keeping this from being what it once was and what is needed to get it where I feel it should be.

evil8
03-17-2015, 07:52 AM
Overzealous moderation caused the downturn in interest. I will jump on the list right now.

17.49 @ 79 Evil8 Badass Suburban 3-16-2015 Kilkare

k062693w
03-17-2015, 07:54 AM
Overzealous moderation caused the downturn in interest. I will jump on the list right now.

We will have to see a timeslip, That MPH seems awful high ...

1baddlx
03-17-2015, 10:42 AM

Does the burban have a ls engine?

Rick93coupe
03-17-2015, 11:21 AM
I literally forgot all the drama surrounding the dozen but I do remember that there was a discrepancy over post counts and being an "active member".

I think we need to let go of the past, revise and clarify the stipulations and see where it goes. Some people
won't qualify because of the stipulations but if your clear and concise about them, there won't be any room to bitch.
We need plenty of advance notice of cruise in dates and race days so guys who need to move schedules around, can.

draggin50
03-17-2015, 12:04 PM
I'm with Rick! Just need to get everyone on board and let it do it's thing. Past moderation is what hurt it. I think this year will be better and things will come back around.

Kwik92GT
03-17-2015, 01:31 PM
I hear what you're saying about leaving things in the past but it's hard to fix something without knowing exactly what is broke. Past moderation seems to be the leading cause so far which is what I was figuring was a major factor but would like more feedback so we can get this nailed down. This is never going to be what it should be again if the same mistakes keep being made.

k062693w
03-17-2015, 01:45 PM
I hear what you're saying about leaving things in the past but it's hard to fix something without knowing exactly what is broke. Past moderation seems to be the leading cause so far which is what I was figuring was a major factor but would like more feedback so we can get this nailed down. This is never going to be what it should be again if the same mistakes keep being made.

Does your BOLD name mean we will now have Un-Biased Moderation of the Dozen ???

I sure hope so ...
Now let's move past the Shit Head Moderation of days gone, And get the Dozen back to being something of Pride !!!

Kwik92GT
03-17-2015, 01:54 PM
Does your BOLD name mean we will now have Un-Biased Moderation of the Dozen ???

I sure hope so ...
Now let's move past the Shit Head Moderation of days gone, And get the Dozen back to being something of Pride !!!

Exactly what I'm trying accomplish. Just hoping it's not too far gone to revive.

k062693w
03-17-2015, 02:18 PM
Exactly what I'm trying accomplish. Just hoping it's not too far gone to revive.

Good to Hear !!!

I don't think it's too far gone, And I believe your involvement will bring a renewed interest in it ...
If there's anything that I can help you with, Let me know ... Time is something I have a surplus of !!! LOL

Thanks For Stepping Up Greg !!!

IWRBB
03-17-2015, 02:41 PM
Since the list isn't full, open it up. Post your timeslip, get on the list. Make it fun again, not a painful anal-exam to get a time on there like it evolved into. Tagged and insured are good enough for me for a street car.

Keep a separate "others" list, this is STANGbangerz.

Once there's more competition to get on the list, the rules can be tweaked next year and after to require more participation, etc.

My $0.02

Kwik92GT
03-17-2015, 02:59 PM
Good to Hear !!!

I don't think it's too far gone, And I believe your involvement will bring a renewed interest in it ...
If there's anything that I can help you with, Let me know ... Time is something I have a surplus of !!! LOL

Thanks For Stepping Up Greg !!!

Thanks Aaron, I'll do what I can. I'll definitely keep you in mind if I need help with something.

Kwik92GT
03-17-2015, 03:02 PM
Since the list isn't full, open it up. Post your timeslip, get on the list. Make it fun again, not a painful anal-exam to get a time on there like it evolved into. Tagged and insured are good enough for me for a street car.

Keep a separate "others" list, this is STANGbangerz.

Once there's more competition to get on the list, the rules can be tweaked next year and after to require more participation, etc.

My $0.02

That's exactly my thoughts, hopefully we'll get there. Thanks for your input.

redfirepearlgt
03-17-2015, 04:14 PM
Must admit. I do like simple, clean and to the point. A final showdown would be kind've fun though since Maximus doesn't do his Street Car Shootouts these days. Always fun to put together videos of those events. Sure would like to see both actually.

Kwik92GT
03-17-2015, 04:32 PM
I will jump on the list right now.

Sooooo, quicker than Hellboy then. ;)

k062693w
03-17-2015, 05:14 PM

:lol: :lol: OH SNAP !!! :bigthumb :bigthumb

Ackbar00
03-17-2015, 05:19 PM
I literally forgot all the drama surrounding the dozen but I do remember that there was a discrepancy over post counts and being an "active member".

Someone remembered :)

Kwik92GT
03-17-2015, 06:07 PM
:lol: :lol: OH SNAP !!! :bigthumb :bigthumb

I don't want to get off topic but just couldn't resist that one.

draggin50
03-17-2015, 06:45 PM

No I don't think its to far gone also. Still a lot of interest and a lot of lurkers that haven't spoke up yet. Just need to reel them back in!

4n_eatr
03-18-2015, 05:52 AM
I've never been on the list, but I do remember on my first go 'round here on the site it was definitely something that held some sway. I came back and I completely forgot about the list for a long time until some people started complaining about it (in a good way). I think with the way the site is getting better it'd be a good thing to breathe some life back into it. I'd love to see SBZ have the notoriety it had before of having some of the fastest cars around.

joe2340
03-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Im new. So i do not know the past. But i would be interested to get into it. I havent raced before. And i plan to to atleast see how i do. But i know i wont have the fastest car in the world. I am just doing it for fun.

SN95N/A
03-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Comp orange car will be at the top of the list

4n_eatr
03-18-2015, 10:21 AM
It's actually Bright Tangerine, thank you... [emoji6]

You meant my car right? Bahahaha

draggin50
03-18-2015, 12:48 PM

No way!!! Maybe 11!

Rick93coupe
03-18-2015, 01:20 PM
I'm going to need to mount my Gopro backwards if I want to see competition Orange. =)

Maximus
03-18-2015, 02:20 PM
I'm going to need to mount my Gopro backwards if I want to see competition Orange. =)

BOOM! headshot!! :lol:

k062693w
03-18-2015, 02:31 PM

Damn Rick ... Don't hold back !!!

Rick93coupe
03-18-2015, 02:35 PM

It's REAL easy to talk shit when there's no motor in your car, lol.

Damn Rick ... Don't hold back !!!

lmao, Brian sold the other cars for a reason, I bet that bitch is bad.

Kwik92GT
03-18-2015, 04:12 PM

I'm thinking there's a certain car with lots of lettering on it's side that may have something to say about that. :popcorn:

Maximus
03-18-2015, 04:16 PM
I'm thinking there's a certain car with lots of lettering on it's side that may have something to say about that. :popcorn:

Sponsered Street Cars FTW! :lol:

Kwik92GT
03-18-2015, 04:17 PM
Im new. So i do not know the past. But i would be interested to get into it. I havent raced before. And i plan to to atleast see how i do. But i know i wont have the fastest car in the world. I am just doing it for fun.

That is what it's supposed to be about, just get out there, beat the snot out of it, post your time, and see where you land. Maybe end up with cool sticker at the end of the year.

Kwik92GT
03-18-2015, 04:18 PM
Sponsered Street Cars FTW! :lol:

You said it! I was thinking it though. :lol:

Kwik92GT
03-18-2015, 04:21 PM

That's awesome right there. :bigthumb

Maximus
03-18-2015, 04:23 PM
You said it! I was thinking it though. :lol:

Hell someone give me a shit ton of Go fast parts and Ill be a Whored out Racer also! :D

SN95N/A
03-18-2015, 04:24 PM

I'm sure he won't be out there too much crying when he ran last time..

Kwik92GT
03-18-2015, 04:28 PM
Hell someone give me a shit ton of Go fast parts and Ill be a Whored out Racer also! :D

RIGHT?!

draggin50
03-18-2015, 04:45 PM

I won't have nothing for your car but I'd try it out for fun!! Guess I better buy a kit to throw on it before the tracks open up!! If I can go 9.90's this year, I'd be happy!

draggin50
03-18-2015, 04:46 PM
It's REAL easy to talk shit when there's no motor in your car, lol.

lmao, Brian sold the other cars for a reason, I bet that bitch is bad.

Big power street car with A/C!! That's where it's at for me anymore!

evil8
03-19-2015, 08:03 AM

LOL, at least considering the source. Hellboy is ready for ya, or do you need another 5 year stay of execution.

Kwik92GT
03-19-2015, 09:18 AM
LOL, at least considering the source. Hellboy is ready for ya, or do you need another 5 year stay of execution.

Knew that was coming LOL, I'll need the stay of course. I think someone mentioned above it's easy to talk smack when your junk isn't running. Good to hear Hellboy is ready though, been a while too.

Rick93coupe
03-19-2015, 09:29 AM
He never said ready, he's just betting he can push faster than you.

Maximus
03-19-2015, 01:59 PM
I'm starting this thread to get some discussion going about the Dirty Dozen ET list. Is there still an interest in keeping this list? I'm asking because the past few years have shown less and less participation on the list. Why? What's keeping people from wanting to be a part of the list? Politics? Drama? Lots of cars just not finished? Just simply not many people on the board racing anymore? Lets get a discussion going, I'd REALLY like to find out what is keeping this from being what it once was and what is needed to get it where I feel it should be.

Pssst!! E2O is open this weekend, so ya better get the new rules up. :)

Kwik92GT
03-20-2015, 03:54 AM
Pssst!! E2O is open this weekend, so ya better get the new rules up. :)

Soon. :)