PDA

View Full Version : The 2015 "Dirty Dozen Challenge" Rules and Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

THE DOZEN MASTER
03-22-2015, 04:37 AM
Trying out something new for 2015. This is where we will discuss rules and answer questions as we get this new list off the ground.

The Dirty Dozen Challenge

The Dirty Dozen Challenge is something new and will be a challenge for spot list, similar to Street Outlaws, and separate from The Dirty Dozen ET list. Each of the 12 spots on this list will have to be "challenged" for. There will be no ETs needed to be posted. Just race results. All spots will be run for in a heads-up type format. This list will be open to all makes and models.

1) Run whatcha brung! Any make or model allowed, but must have current registration, tags, and insurance. Tags and registration must match car that is being run. No dealer tags.

2) The Dozen Coordinator - Brian McWhorter, AKA draggin50

There will be a neutral party picked that will be responsible for keeping track of, and being a part of, all challenges. This person will be fair and impartial and will see to that all races are on the up and up. If there is any controversy about a race the Dozen Coordinator's decision will be final.

3) Challenges - The first 2 cars that challenge each other will start out being #1 and #2 respectively. Those cars will have to be challenged and beaten to gain their spots. When the list fills out, any and all spots can be challenged at any time, by any other driver, whether they are on the list at the time or not. There will be no "Gate Keeper" that has to be gone thru to get started on working your way up the list. If you're at #8 and want to take a shot at #1, issue the challenge. If that #8 beats the #1, #8 moves to the #1 spot, the old #1 will move to #2, and the rest of the list will drop down one spot. If someone not on the list goes for any spot on the list and wins, that is now their spot and anything below that spot drops down accordingly. The CHALLENGED racer chooses the track and day of the race. The race should happen within one week of the challenge. If the challenger legitimately cannot make the date/time set by the challenged, then the Dozen Coordinator may need to come in and find a reasonable solution to make sure the race happens. The Challenged racer has lane choice in chosen race. If the Dozen Coordinator has to set up the track and time to make the race happen, then lane choice will be decided by coin toss.

4) The Race - Races will be run heads up. Sportsman tree, Pro tree, whatever the racers can agree on. A redlight is a loss. Crossing the centerline of the track is a loss. There will be no "a chase is a race" or anything like that, if both lanes are green, it's a race. This isn't about who can hustle the best. Races will be run on a local track decided on by the racers. Street races will not count towards the list.

5) Break Rule - There is no "official" break rule, BUT, If you have a catastrophic failure you should probably remove yourself from the list. If you are challenged and cannot make a race due to breakage, you automatically forfeit that race. If you continue to be challenged while broke you will keep dropping spots until you are off the list. Just make it easier all the way around and ask to be removed. When you get car running again you can start challenging for spots again.

Notice there are no rules about post counts, mufflers, windshield wipers, horns, trailers or anything of the like. The rules are deliberately left "open" to allow the greatest amount of participation. You can be a part of The Dirty Dozen ET List and this list as well, if you choose to do so. You don't have to decide whether to be on one or the other. At the end of the season there will be a Dirty Dozen Challenge Shootout. This will not be a mandatory event, but non-participation may result in your dropping many spots or even off the list completely depending on challenges. Anyone can challenge for any spot at the event so it will pay to be there. The Dozen Coordinator will be announced as soon as they are decided upon. We are hoping this list will generate a lot of action, racing, trash talkin', BSing, etc. There may be some type of prize for finishing #1 on the list. Details of this are currently being worked on. This will be announced when it is determined. Lets find out who has the baddest street cars in the area. The list will be set in stone at the conclusion of the local racing season. The spot you hold at the end of this season will be the spot you start off with the following racing season. Lets get out there and and start challenging. Good luck to all.

Thanks to Brian McWhorter, AKA draggin50 for stepping up as The Dozen Coordinator. http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/clap.gif I'm sure Brian will do a great job. PM Brian on here for any challenges or call him if you have his number. Make sure you post the challenge in this thread as well.

Still working on a possible prize for this years Top Dog. More to come.

k062693w
03-22-2015, 12:58 PM
I Like it !!!
Should make for some Fun Races !!!

Rick93coupe
03-22-2015, 01:19 PM
Wait, what happened to the Grudge Dozen? Does that mean we're going to have the DD and the DD challenge?

k062693w
03-22-2015, 02:04 PM
Wait, what happened to the Grudge Dozen? Does that mean we're going to have the DD and the DD challenge?

That's what it said when I read it !!! LOL

Rick93coupe
03-22-2015, 02:22 PM
That's what it said when I read it !!! LOL

Thanks captain obvious, lol. The original dirty dozen is a challenge, so it just seems sort of redundant to have the DD and the DD challenge. Separating them by name was a good choice. Somebody who knows whats going on, call me.

k062693w
03-22-2015, 02:25 PM
Thanks captain obvious, lol. The original dirty dozen is a challenge, so it just seems sort of redundant to have the DD and the DD challenge. Separating them by name was a good choice. Somebody who knows whats going on, call me.

The DD is for Mustang/Capri Only like always ...
The DD Challenge is for Any Make or Model ...
Seems self explanatory to me ...

chris91
03-22-2015, 04:18 PM
The DD is a ET based list. The challenge is a list with no ET's, just people challenging people to races like street outlaws.

Rick93coupe
03-22-2015, 05:51 PM
The DD is for Mustang/Capri Only like always ...
The DD Challenge is for Any Make or Model ...
Seems self explanatory to me ...

The DD is a ET based list. The challenge is a list with no ET's, just people challenging people to races like street outlaws.

Are we having the same conversation? I'm talking about the "names" of the 2 lists being almost identical, when last night they were different. I was trying to get to the bottom of why the names have changed since last night.

k062693w
03-22-2015, 06:20 PM
Are we having the same conversation? I'm talking about the "names" of the 2 lists being almost identical, when last night they were different. I was trying to get to the bottom of why the names have changed since last night.

For the Love of Batman will someone PLEASE call Rick and let him know why the name was changed !!! He's not going to Sleep until he knows !!! LOL

I guess I'm just letting the Dozen Master run things and offer support, And not Question his decisions ...

I can't see anyone confusing the two names ...

Rick93coupe
03-22-2015, 06:30 PM
Thanks for not helping at all Aaron.

chris91
03-22-2015, 07:03 PM
Misread your post. Dont see why the name really matters...

k062693w
03-22-2015, 07:18 PM
Misread your post. Dont see why the name really matters...

Stop it Chris !!! :screwy:

NXcoupe
03-22-2015, 10:39 PM
So who is gonna have the fortitude to be the first two on the list? Aaron, bring your car down, and you can push it and I'll push my car, lol, we'll see who wins! Or we could just wait till they are both done. lol. less fun.

k062693w
03-22-2015, 10:47 PM
Mounting the seat in Kevin's Buggy, So I'll be ready by tomorrow evening !!!
150ccs !!! Bring it Bitches !!!

k062693w
03-23-2015, 12:11 AM
Thanks for not helping at all Aaron.

It's what I do Best !!!

evil8
03-23-2015, 07:28 AM
This call out goes to Kwik92GT. Might as well bury the Midnite Mafia right out the gate.

k062693w
03-23-2015, 02:15 PM
Stop it Chris !!! :screwy:

It's what I do Best !!!

You guys are easier than a .50¢ Ho !!! :flipoff:

I take it someone called Rick and he was able to Sleep !!!

Kwik92GT
03-23-2015, 10:00 PM
This call out goes to Kwik92GT. Might as well bury the Midnite Mafia right out the gate.

Oct 6, 2016 @ Kil Kare good for you?

Rick93coupe
03-23-2015, 10:22 PM
You guys are easier than a .50¢ Ho !!! :flipoff:

I take it someone called Rick and he was able to Sleep !!!

I got my answer before bed, sorry I forgot to call you and let you know I was going to be ok. :flipoff:

It's sort of like death and taxes, you don't have to like it but it's inevitable.

draggin50
03-24-2015, 12:45 AM
For this year and the "Dirty Dozen Challenge List" Ill be the race organizer. If something needs to be set up, get with me through PM or Id be glad to give you a number to call. I get on here daily and will get back with you as soon as I see it. Most of you have my number and have met me before.

I will try to make most of the races as I can but Im sure I wont make them all. Therefore, we will want video's, time slips, witnesses and so on. Remember this is for fun and to try to bring back more people to the site that enjoys the same thing as all the others. Cars, racing and hanging out! Lets get out there this year and have fun! Try to make this site what it once was! There are many people on here willing to step up and take time from their family's to help promote all the things that everyone wanted from the cruise's, hang out, race days, and so on. Lets make the best of it!

Kwik92GT
03-24-2015, 03:10 AM
http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/2thumbs.gif

evil8
03-24-2015, 06:15 AM

I will have blown up and fixed my junk 5 times by then. ....so deal.

NXcoupe
03-24-2015, 08:18 AM
For this year and the "Dirty Dozen Challenge List" Ill be the race organizer. If something needs to be set up, get with me through PM or Id be glad to give you a number to call. I get on here daily and will get back with you as soon as I see it. Most of you have my number and have met me before.

I will try to make most of the races as I can but Im sure I wont make them all. Therefore, we will want video's, time slips, witnesses and so on. Remember this is for fun and to try to bring back more people to the site that enjoys the same thing as all the others. Cars, racing and hanging out! Lets get out there this year and have fun! Try to make this site what it once was! There are many people on here willing to step up and take time from their family's to help promote all the things that everyone wanted from the cruise's, hang out, race days, and so on. Lets make the best of it!
Thanks for doing this Brian!

draggin50
03-24-2015, 10:37 AM
No problem Mike! I can't wait to see how this all pans out and who has the baddest car at the end of the year!

Maximus
03-24-2015, 11:08 AM

Damn. I was gonna call you out, but mine wont be done by then. :(

Kwik92GT
03-24-2015, 02:46 PM

Which one?? You probably have at least 3 in the works. :lol:

Why you guys calling out the car with the least chance of ever making it out again? :dunno: :D

Kwik92GT
03-24-2015, 02:50 PM
I will have blown up and fixed my junk 5 times by then. ....so deal.

Coyote swap.

SN95N/A
03-24-2015, 06:20 PM
No rules about trailers,does this mean no rules or whining about street car..?

draggin50
03-24-2015, 06:34 PM
This is the challenge list.

SN95N/A
03-24-2015, 08:54 PM
Yeah I know just wanted clear it up wether or not it had to be a street car for this also rules read that It has to have tags.

USMCPONY
03-24-2015, 08:54 PM
I'll be down at Edgewater on Good Friday if anyone wants to run them.

THE DOZEN MASTER
03-24-2015, 10:51 PM
1) Run whatcha brung! Any make or model allowed, but must have current registration, tags, and insurance. Tags and registration must match car that is being run. No dealer tags.

Notice there are no rules about post counts, mufflers, windshield wipers, horns, trailers or anything of the like. The rules are deliberately left "open" to allow the greatest amount of participation.

For clarification.

Rick93coupe
03-24-2015, 11:46 PM
It's funny that both NO and TRAILERS are bold and in red. Stop being so confusing in your clarification threads, lol.

bbfstanger
03-25-2015, 12:14 AM
hope theres a good turnout this year.

draggin50
03-25-2015, 12:26 AM
I'll be down at Edgewater on Good Friday if anyone wants to run them.

Anyone in particular you want to call out?

- - - Updated - - -

hope theres a good turnout this year.

You and me both!!! I cant wait to see some good racing!

USMCPONY
03-25-2015, 02:00 AM
Anyone in particular you want to call out?

- - - Updated - - -

You and me both!!! I cant wait to see some good racing!

Anyone that's there that wants to race. All in fun. Im ready to get this list started.

2Fast4You
03-25-2015, 07:52 AM

You would have bought and sold every car by then as well... Lol

blown96cobra
04-02-2015, 11:41 AM
Go ahead n put me down for one of the spots in the Saleen. I run it until I button up the turbo car then it's lights out suckas!!!

SN95N/A
04-02-2015, 11:47 AM
^lol

How's that thing coming along?

chris91
04-02-2015, 11:52 AM
Need to call someone out to run Josh.

blown96cobra
04-02-2015, 11:53 AM
I ended up selling my silver one and picked up a 2v turbo car from pa and have made a few changes to it. . I'm gonna button up the auto swap this week or next and get it home then hopefully I can steadily finish the things I wanna get done thru the spring/summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Who's on the list to call out ?

chris91
04-02-2015, 12:07 PM
No one is on the list yet. You have to make a call out though so there can be a number one and number two. Call out whoever you want that runs their car.

exrider416
04-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Anyone that's there that wants to race. All in fun. Im ready to get this list started.
Give me a week and I'll race you for the first spots

chris91
04-02-2015, 12:27 PM
There ya go josh, call out usmcpony.

draggin50
04-02-2015, 12:38 PM
Go ahead n put me down for one of the spots in the Saleen. I run it until I button up the turbo car then it's lights out suckas!!!

Make the call out! Who's it gonna be?

draggin50
04-02-2015, 12:42 PM
USMCPONY might be at Kilkare Saturday if you can make it there. 12-6!!! Lets make it happen! Im gonna try to be there myself in the Cobra.

I wont be racing for any spots on this list though. Just to keep things fair. Ill race though!!!

exrider416
04-02-2015, 12:52 PM
USMCPONY might be at Kilkare Saturday if you can make it there. 12-6!!! Lets make it happen! Im gonna try to be there myself in the Cobra.

I wont be racing for any spots on this list though. Just to keep things fair. Ill race though!!!

So tristate is open? I should be there making my first passes!

draggin50
04-02-2015, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure when Tristate opens. I think Edgewater done called the racing off for this weekend cause weather. Saturday still looks sunny and 52.

exrider416
04-02-2015, 04:42 PM
Kilkare is a haul for me and really strict on safety. I was hoping tristate would be open since Friday is going to be a washout!

USMCPONY
04-02-2015, 04:56 PM
Give me a week and I'll race you for the first spots

I should be at kilkare this Saturday. Let's get it done. I don't have a cage so hopefully I don't get kicked out.

NXcoupe
04-02-2015, 05:41 PM
Cool, remember to post up vids and let everyone see who wasn't able to be there. I'll be at the swap meet in Columbus that day.

exrider416
04-02-2015, 09:35 PM
I should be at kilkare this Saturday. Let's get it done. I don't have a cage so hopefully I don't get kicked out.

When is there test and tune on Saturday? I have to do a timing belt tensioner tomorrow after work, and hopefully get a couple pulls in Saturday morning to get some tuning data.

USMCPONY
04-02-2015, 09:48 PM
When is there test and tune on Saturday? I have to do a timing belt tensioner tomorrow after work, and hopefully get a couple pulls in Saturday morning to get some tuning data.

Noon til 6 this Saturday. I'm upgrading my hubs and arp studs tonight. My car will be ready Saturday.

USMCPONY
04-02-2015, 09:53 PM
The only thing that will stop me from going is my son was born 2 days ago. He's been quiet and and healthy. So I don't see that becoming a issue.

exrider416
04-03-2015, 12:25 AM

You not racing due to running the list or?

draggin50
04-03-2015, 12:32 AM
You not racing due to running the list or?

Yeah I just want things to be fair and if Im trying to set the races up, I don't think it would be. Ill race, just not for the list.

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 12:36 AM
Yeah I just want things to be fair and if Im trying to set the races up, I don't think it would be. Ill race, just not for the list.

You're leaving on the tree and it's timed. I don't see how much more fair it could get. I say race and see where you stand. I don't care if I lose. I'll learn more from losing than I will from winning.

draggin50
04-03-2015, 12:39 AM
If people are ok with it, I am. I just don't want people complaining. Im all for a race! If some of other users on here get into this, it may be a quick list and Ill be at the bottom!

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 12:41 AM
If people are ok with it, I am. I just don't want people complaining. Im all for a race! If some of other users on here get into this, it may be a quick list and Ill be at the bottom!

You'll be #1 or #2 if you race first lol

draggin50
04-03-2015, 12:46 AM
True!!! I just cant wait to see how it runs. Ill look ya up when I get there and we can try to get one done.

draggin50
04-03-2015, 12:48 AM
Maybe we can get exrider and Josh (blown 96cobra) there too and get this thing going!

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 12:48 AM
True!!! I just cant wait to see how it runs. Ill look ya up when I get there and we can try to get one done.

Sounds good. We'll be making Stangbangerz history lol. First ones on the list!

draggin50
04-03-2015, 12:51 AM
Sounds good!!! Ill try to keep up! Probably be like the Dung Beetle racing the Sonoma!

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 01:01 AM
Sounds good!!! Ill try to keep up! Probably be like the Dung Beetle racing the Sonoma!

Hey stop trying to hustle me lol. I heard that thing is fast. I had a bunch of people keep telling me I need to race Mickeys car lol. It's one of the fastest around.

draggin50
04-03-2015, 01:06 AM
Haha!!! It went 10.60's before with him driving and I haven't made many passes in the past year or 2. Ive run it through the gears on the street but it just spun and I didn't get a good feel for it. I wanted to put the slicks on and see if it would go some low 10's but Ive been slacking bad!

draggin50
04-03-2015, 01:07 AM
Your car just looks fast sitting there!!! Im sure its not slow!!

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 01:10 AM
Haha!!! It went 10.60's before with him driving and I haven't made many passes in the past year or 2. Ive run it through the gears on the street but it just spun and I didn't get a good feel for it. I wanted to put the slicks on and see if it would go some low 10's but Ive been slacking bad!

Are you putting slicks on it before you come out?

draggin50
04-03-2015, 01:20 AM
No Ill be on my old Mickey Thompson drag radials on the alumastars. Driving on the slicks would suck and Im driving there and hopefully home!!

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 01:38 AM
Ok cool. We'll be on the same tire.

exrider416
04-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Kilkare will probably be a stretch for me! All depends on if I can get some street pulls in Saturday morning. Sounds like I'm trying to bring a knife to a gun fight, I have half the cylinders of you guys! Lol

draggin50
04-03-2015, 10:34 AM
I think with the turbo and AWD, we are the ones bringing the knife to a gun fight!

exrider416
04-03-2015, 12:48 PM
It will be the first passes so we will see! Hopefully it does what it should

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Kilkare will probably be a stretch for me! All depends on if I can get some street pulls in Saturday morning. Sounds like I'm trying to bring a knife to a gun fight, I have half the cylinders of you guys! Lol

I thought I was racing your stang lol. Good thing you cleared that up. And you brought a missile to a plastic spoon fight if that's the Eclipse Robert Meisberger had been talking about. Name sound familiar?

exrider416
04-03-2015, 02:24 PM
If I do make it to Kilkare, this is what my car looks like. And that's a Stangbangerz hoodie laying on it lol

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/exrider416/IMG_16091_zps2k1uyyki.jpg (http://s14.photobucket.com/user/exrider416/media/IMG_16091_zps2k1uyyki.jpg.html)

exrider416
04-03-2015, 02:27 PM
I thought I was racing your stang lol. Good thing you cleared that up. And you brought a missile to a plastic spoon fight if that's the Eclipse Robert Meisberger had been talking about. Name sound familiar?

It untested missile right now lol Your vette is no slouch! 134mph is a low 10 pass if you get it leave decent, and I am sure it will trap higher than that

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 02:39 PM
It untested missile right now lol Your vette is no slouch! 134mph is a low 10 pass if you get it leave decent, and I am sure it will trap higher than that

You have four slicks lol. It's dropped the clutch and hold on. No testing about it lol. You're cars 1/8 is gonna is going to be faster than my 60' lol. I changed my setup. This will be my first passes too.

exrider416
04-03-2015, 02:43 PM
You have four slicks lol. It's dropped the clutch and hold on. No testing about it lol. You're cars 1/8 is gonna is going to be faster than my 60' lol. I changed me setup. This will be my first passes too.

Yeah 4 slicks are only for looks, its a ricer thing! lol

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Yeah 4 slicks are only for looks, its a ricer thing! lol

If you say so lol

exrider416
04-03-2015, 02:49 PM
If you say so lol

I will post tomorrow morning if I think I am going to make it to kilkare

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 03:12 PM
Sounds good

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 03:14 PM
Bad news guys. Kilkare canceled for tomorrow.

exrider416
04-03-2015, 03:35 PM
I heard kilkare is not running tomorrow

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Nope. Thornhill is open

draggin50
04-03-2015, 04:01 PM
Kilkare is cancelled for tomorrow. The rain has everyone washed out. Next Saturday will be a test n tune there though.

- - - Updated - - -

You 2 are some hustlers!! Hell I'm the underdog!

exrider416
04-03-2015, 04:18 PM
My fastest time is a 13.2 @ 83mph! you both have me smoked!! lol

draggin50
04-03-2015, 04:22 PM
Haha should say "was"!!!

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 04:59 PM
Well guys. Looks like I'm out. After this weekend im breaking down the motor and forging everything.

SN95N/A
04-03-2015, 05:27 PM
Damn took the easy way out..

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Damn took the easy way out..

I don't see you offering to race lol. Unless someone wants to go to Thornhill.

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Thornhill tomorrow anyone? I already sold my Supercharger and the new owner gave me permission to run it one last time. I have to ship it out Monday. And yes I'm going bigger...

exrider416
04-03-2015, 07:55 PM
When is there test and tune?

draggin50
04-03-2015, 08:09 PM
I heard they shut down too for tomorrow.

exrider416
04-03-2015, 08:13 PM
I heard they shut down too for tomorrow.

These tracks are killing me! Guess I'll have a week to get the tune straightened out

draggin50
04-03-2015, 08:22 PM
No kidding! I'm anxious to see where the Cobra is at! I wanna run some 9.90's this year and all I have to go off of as a starting point is Mikey's 10.62@132 pass.

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 08:35 PM
This ohio weather is ridiculous

draggin50
04-03-2015, 08:41 PM
I know! I'm ready to get the car out and have fun!

USMCPONY
04-03-2015, 08:42 PM
I know! I'm ready to get the car out and have fun!

The gf and I are going to get the car out tomorrow and watch furious 7 in Milford before is parked for another month.

SN95N/A
04-03-2015, 09:25 PM
I don't see you offering to race lol. Unless someone wants to go to Thornhill.

Hell no I'm scared of that car it's to quick for me.

draggin50
04-03-2015, 09:46 PM
The gf and I are going to get the car out tomorrow and watch furious 7 in Milford before is parked for another month.

Yeah we will probably get mine out and run around tomorrow. Got to do something soon so I can get used to it!

NXcoupe
04-03-2015, 11:42 PM
If it was something where you were pushing the button, or knew the starter, maybe, but I don't see a reason you can't be on the list. If need be, I'll be the go between for your challenges, cool?

draggin50
04-04-2015, 12:06 AM
If it was something where you were pushing the button, or knew the starter, maybe, but I don't see a reason you can't be on the list. If need be, I'll be the go between for your challenges, cool?

Thanks Mike!

Unless Im racing Aaron, I probably wouldn't win anyways! Who am I kidding, Ill sell 3 more Mustangs before he gets to the track!

k062693w
04-04-2015, 12:22 AM
Thanks Mike!

Unless Im racing Aaron, I probably wouldn't win anyways! Who am I kidding, Ill sell 3 more Mustangs before he gets to the track!
Now that's NOT Funny !!!

OK it is !!! :lol:

draggin50
04-04-2015, 12:28 AM
Now that's NOT Funny !!!

OK it is !!! :lol:

About time you get in here!!!

NXcoupe
04-04-2015, 01:03 AM
Lol. Aaron will get out there, he's determined. Marines are funny that way. I believe his car will surprise a lot of folks.

THE DOZEN MASTER
04-04-2015, 06:48 AM

Just as Mike said, I see no problem with you being on the list. The more the merrier. We just want to see some great racing. Might need to setup a backup coordinator so we have a person in place who can coordinate your races and any races you may not be able to attend/verify.

draggin50
04-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Lol. Aaron will get out there, he's determined. Marines are funny that way. I believe his car will surprise a lot of folks.

Yeah Im sure it will! I just have to give him shit so he will stay on it!

draggin50
04-04-2015, 11:05 AM
Just as Mike said, I see no problem with you being on the list. The more the merrier. We just want to see some great racing. Might need to setup a backup coordinator so we have a person in place who can coordinate your races and any races you may not be able to attend/verify.

Yeah I just want to see the list take off and people have a good time racing. Maybe we can have a 2nd person also.

kennebellcobra
04-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Edgewater is open today and you can do tnt for $30 but only until eliminations start. My trans is broke but we are taking Ricky's car. Website says gates open at 3:00 and eliminations at 7:00 but they usually let you in at 2ish.

draggin50
04-08-2015, 11:51 AM
Nobody ran at Edgewater last weekend?

Im planning on making it to Kilkare Saturday if the rain holds out. Anyone up for some racing? I got the slicks mounted up now though.

exrider416
04-08-2015, 02:46 PM

Im planning on making it to Kilkare Saturday if the rain holds out. Anyone up for some racing? I got the slicks mounted up now though.

I will most likely be at Edgewater. Looks like only light rain Friday morning and hopefully dries up by the evening

draggin50
04-08-2015, 05:32 PM
Well hell... I'll be at Kilkare if anyone wants to get this started.

USMCPONY
04-08-2015, 06:37 PM
I already took off my Supercharger. I ordered my new one 3 days ago. They're made to order. They said 10-15 days. I might wait on building the motor. I need the block machined and BES and D&D are 5 months backed up. So I might just install the new supercharger and have it retuned. Last thing I want to do is have it sit all summer like it did last year after I blew the transmission at Edgewater.

cyah92
04-08-2015, 06:38 PM
Im definitely going to try to get on the list this year. Seems like alot of people are finishing some projects this year.

draggin50
04-08-2015, 06:41 PM
I already took off my Supercharger. I ordered my new one 3 days ago. They're made to order. They said 10-15 days. I might wait on building the motor. I need the block machined and BES and D&D are 5 months backed up. So I might just install the new supercharger and have it retuned. Last thing I want to do is have it sit all summer like it did last year after I blew the transmission at Edgewater.

Yeah hell with all that. I can't go a summer without one. Winter is hard enough for me!

USMCPONY
04-08-2015, 07:25 PM
Yeah hell with all that. I can't go a summer without one. Winter is hard enough for me!

They warned me not to put this blower on a stock bottom end. I'll be maxing it out for sure. I might have to pay one of you guys for a tow home lol.

draggin50
04-08-2015, 08:44 PM
I bet it will fly though! At least for a few passes!

kennebellcobra
04-08-2015, 08:45 PM

Ricky did but he don't get on here much.

draggin50
04-09-2015, 10:16 AM
The weather for Saturday is looking decent so far. Im ready to do some racing people!!!

USMCPONY
04-09-2015, 09:30 PM
Kilkare is canceled again lol. I picked a good week to work on my car lol

draggin50
04-09-2015, 09:45 PM
Yeah I saw that earlier. Damn rain!!!

k062693w
04-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Kilkare is canceled again lol. I picked a good week to work on my car lol

Yeah I saw that earlier. Damn rain!!!

KilKare SUCKS !!!
59° and Sunny Tomorrow, But No Racing !!!

draggin50
04-10-2015, 11:14 PM
They said the ground is a swamp. I know anytime it rains there, it's a muddy mess. I know I was ready to get a couple passes in!

k062693w
04-11-2015, 01:02 AM
They said the ground is a swamp. I know anytime it rains there, it's a muddy mess. I know I was ready to get a couple passes in!

I know ... I was ready to come down and Bust that Cobras ASS !!!
But I guess I'll go ahead and start swapping some more stuff ... I'll probably be down for a while, So you Really Dodged a Bullet this time !!! :tongue2:

draggin50
04-11-2015, 08:43 AM
I lucked out then that's for sure!!! I would sure be happy to lose as long as I get to make some passes! I Was busting ass trying to get my wheels powder coated and the slicks on so Id be ready, and no, it's cancelled again!

blown96cobra
04-15-2015, 07:25 AM
Looks like I'm gna have to leave the Saleen @ home and break out the big gun.

draggin50
04-15-2015, 10:39 AM
You get it finished up yet? Im just ready to see some racing!

k062693w
04-15-2015, 10:41 AM
You get it finished up yet? Im just ready to see some racing!

X2 !!!
I'm hoping it'll give me some motivation !!!
I need it !!! LOL

draggin50
04-15-2015, 10:44 AM
Hell I had a dream last night about racing the Cobra! Went faster in my dream than I think it will go but it was bad ass!!! One could only hope!!!!

Ive got the motivation right now. Just lack the help from Mother Nature and all this rain!

draggin50
04-21-2015, 12:44 AM
Kilkare Thursday!!! Who's going?

2Fast4You
04-21-2015, 08:48 PM
I'll go if you let me drag that beast down the track...Lol Just kidding Brian, not that I wouldn't mind.

USMCPONY
04-21-2015, 09:11 PM
I probably could of made it if I would of gotten my Supercharger today like I was suppose to. But instead of Paxton drop shipping it to me. They "accidently" sent it to the shop I bought it from.

draggin50
04-21-2015, 11:43 PM
I'll go if you let me drag that beast down the track...Lol Just kidding Brian, not that I wouldn't mind.

Haha I bet! You can always come though and take some pictures or video!

I probably could of made it if I would of gotten my Supercharger today like I was suppose to. But instead of Paxton drop shipping it to me. They "accidently" sent it to the shop I bought it from.

That sounds like my luck! Its looking like some nice cool air for Thursday. I have the night off of work so I hope it don't rain!

NXcoupe
04-22-2015, 10:54 AM
Man I want to go so bad but I cant stand going if I dont have a car to race. Been that way forever. Im moving forward with ours. Just takes forever when im so busy at the shop.

exrider416
04-22-2015, 11:56 AM
Haha I bet! You can always come though and take some pictures or video!

That sounds like my luck! Its looking like some nice cool air for Thursday. I have the night off of work so I hope it don't rain!
Off Friday? Looks like good weather Friday also and I should be at Edgewater. Ran last Friday but fuel pumps couldn't keep up even on low boost, no timing, and shifting early. Magnafuel 4303 arrived today so I will have it on and back out Friday.

draggin50
04-22-2015, 12:17 PM
I only managed to get Thursday off... Go figure! Hopefully I'll get some time off soon and make it down there soon.

exrider416
04-22-2015, 11:06 PM
I only managed to get Thursday off... Go figure! Hopefully I'll get some time off soon and make it down there soon.
What do you expect out of the cobra this year? It's looks really good with that wheel setup

draggin50
04-23-2015, 12:47 AM
What do you expect out of the cobra this year? It's looks really good with that wheel setup

Id like to see it go a 9.99. Its been 10.62@132 before with the larger wheels, front sway bar, and in the heat. I think with some weight reduction and less rotational weight and cool weather, it will get down in the low 10's. Id like to bump the boost up to around 24lbs and see how it does. All else fails, through a small kit on it and let it eat! Ive already dropped 60 pounds off the front and Im not sure what the rear wheel difference is. Im sure its a pretty good bit.

exrider416
04-23-2015, 07:28 AM
Id like to see it go a 9.99. Its been 10.62@132 before with the larger wheels, front sway bar, and in the heat. I think with some weight reduction and less rotational weight and cool weather, it will get down in the low 10's. Id like to bump the boost up to around 24lbs and see how it does. All else fails, through a small kit on it and let it eat! Ive already dropped 60 pounds off the front and Im not sure what the rear wheel difference is. Im sure its a pretty good bit.

Im sure those wheels saved quite a bit of rotational weight. I went 10.9@124mph last Friday on its first and only pass, I too will throw a 100 shot at mine if it does not do what it should do!

draggin50
04-23-2015, 08:56 AM
Im sure those wheels saved quite a bit of rotational weight. I went 10.9@124mph last Friday on its first and only pass, I too will throw a 100 shot at mine if it does not do what it should do!

That's pretty good! Especially with low boost and timing. Im sure its gonna run real good when you get it all dialed in. Ill let ya know how mine does tonight.

draggin50
04-23-2015, 02:59 PM
Who all is heading out to Kilkare tonight?

USMCPONY
04-23-2015, 04:46 PM
This waiting for parts bs is killing me!

draggin50
04-23-2015, 11:16 PM
Well Ill be waiting on parts now. Was driving up and fuel pump took a shit... Just cruising along and it died. Pounded on the pump and got it running enough to get it on the trailer. Still went up and watched with Setty but it was to damn cold so I left. Gonna be a struggle to get it done now for the cruise in...

Atleast its an external pump. Holley 1800 Dominator pump. $423 to the door from Jegs.

k062693w
04-23-2015, 11:25 PM
Well Ill be waiting on parts now. Was driving up and fuel pump took a shit... Just cruising along and it died. Pounded on the pump and got it running enough to get it on the trailer. Still went up and watched with Setty but it was to damn cold so I left. Gonna be a struggle to get it done now for the cruise in...

Atleast its an external pump. Holley 1800 Dominator pump. $423 to the door from Jegs.
That Sucks Brian ...

Rick93coupe
04-24-2015, 12:14 AM
That does suck, I've been reading that lots of guys were having problems with them... They just recently went through a redesign on the case.

draggin50
04-24-2015, 12:25 AM
I think the E85 has a lot to do with it. I took it off, took it all apart and it is a mess inside... Ill post up pictures in my project thread.

USMCPONY
04-24-2015, 12:36 AM
Well darn. I guess I missed two chances to be on top lol. Exrider416 wasn't getting fuel and niether was you. Guess I'll have to settle for 3rd from now on.

draggin50
04-24-2015, 01:02 AM
At this rate I wont be hard to beat! All you have to do is show up!!!

USMCPONY
04-24-2015, 01:16 AM
Ive been told you're not suppose let e85 sit more than a couple of weld. If you have to sit longer mix it with 93.

draggin50
04-24-2015, 01:22 AM
Im about to have it tuned back on 93 to avoid the problems! It just sucks to lose the power that is available with it and the price. But with me having to drive 25 miles one way to get E85, its almost worth it.

Ive heard mixed reviews on letting it sit but Im with you. I think over time it does gel up and get nasty. Just from what I have seen in my pump.

NXcoupe
04-24-2015, 01:23 PM
I think the E85 has a lot to do with it. I took it off, took it all apart and it is a mess inside... Ill post up pictures in my project thread.

Brian, I ran E85 for 2 years, letting my car sit in an unheated garage the whole time and never had but one issue with the fuel system. That one problem was the filters clogged after running E85 for a while. I cleaned them out and never had another issue. It cleaned grease, hair, oil, and a bunch of unidentified shit out of my tank, lol. Keep checking your filters, especially the pre-filter.

draggin50
04-24-2015, 01:33 PM
I'm going to stick with it. Just have to maintain a little better. I hate to lose the power it makes!

NXcoupe
04-24-2015, 07:39 PM
I agree, i never gave it a second thought, I knew it would work, just looked at it as now I have a very clean fuel tank, lol.

exrider416
04-28-2015, 03:00 PM
So who wants to race for the first spots Friday at Edgewater? My car is running better now.

draggin50
04-28-2015, 08:45 PM
I gotta work and I haven't swapped fuel pumps yet or I'd be there! I may try to make some passes at the Sunday test at kilkare though.

WCKDGT
04-28-2015, 08:59 PM
damn with everydody waiting on parts, I could make it on w my shitty 13 sec pass last Thursday lol

draggin50
04-28-2015, 09:16 PM
Hell never know!! Post them up! Only 1 guy on the list so far. And maybe we can get some racing lined up soon. I'm ready to see some action!

WCKDGT
04-28-2015, 11:41 PM
im gonna try to get to edgewater this Friday to improve on it. im just not launching this thing hard enough. should easily be in the 12's

draggin50
04-29-2015, 12:45 AM
Yeah you have the MPH. Get that 60ft down and it will go 12's with ease!

SN95N/A
04-30-2015, 06:16 AM
I will be ready in roughly 3 weeks to race someone..

2Fast4You
05-01-2015, 07:45 PM
I plan on being ready in a few weeks myself, I'll be ready for some racing myself.

exrider416
05-17-2015, 11:34 AM
Looks like I will be out of this discussion for a while! After multiple 9 second passes Friday night at Edgewater, fastest being a 9.75. Had a rod come through the oil pan then it caught fire and burnt up the engine bay pretty good!

k062693w
05-17-2015, 12:46 PM
Damn ... That Sucks ...
Glad you're OK, Cars can be Rebuilt ...

SN95N/A
05-17-2015, 01:09 PM
Wow sorry to here that!

draggin50
05-17-2015, 06:56 PM
Man that sucks! Sorry to hear.

uknowho1702
05-17-2015, 08:57 PM
Looks like I will be out of this discussion for a while! After multiple 9 second passes Friday night at Edgewater, fastest being a 9.75. Had a rod come through the oil pan then it caught fire and burnt up the engine bay pretty good!

Sucks man i was a few cars behind you in my junk. The car was rolling out every pass before that, hated to see it! Seemed there were quite a few mustangs breaking friday. I was beating on my daily and super thankful i didnt need a trailer to get home. I did learn that foxs on street tires will not get traction no matter how easy i leave, and i can expect to break drivetrain parts soon after i find traction.

exrider416
05-18-2015, 04:04 PM
Thanks. I was actually on lower boost than I planned on throwing at it too. I had the boost controller turned all the way, but with 18 psi waste gate spring I was about 6 psi from where I wanted too be. So heavier springs and stronger motor to come!!

NO SHOT
05-27-2015, 06:55 AM
So whats up with the call out deal any action yet??

NXcoupe
05-27-2015, 08:17 AM
Sucks to hear. Glad you are ok. Hope you get it back together soon.

NXcoupe
05-27-2015, 08:18 AM
Get your car out to the track!

draggin50
05-27-2015, 10:29 AM

No action yet. I know there are a few that are willing to start it off but due to breakage and other issues, it hasn't happened yet. I think USMCPony should be getting close to calling some out and his car will make some power!

When your ready though we can try to meet up at Kilkare and you can take the #1 spot and Ill settle for #2! I just want to see some racing going on! I have some suspension work to do hopefully next week and then Ill be ready again. I need to get my 60ft down in the 1.40 range if I want to run the car to its potential.

NO SHOT
05-28-2015, 12:56 PM
No action yet. I know there are a few that are willing to start it off but due to breakage and other issues, it hasn't happened yet. I think USMCPony should be getting close to calling some out and his car will make some power!

When your ready though we can try to meet up at Kilkare and you can take the #1 spot and Ill settle for #2! I just want to see some racing going on! I have some suspension work to do hopefully next week and then Ill be ready again. I need to get my 60ft down in the 1.40 range if I want to run the car to its potential.
SWEET!! I got called out!
I'll be fun !!! Maybe others will jump in??

Kwik92GT
05-28-2015, 01:54 PM

Hopefully, be nice to see this list take off. Still need to fill up the regular ET list as well.

draggin50
05-28-2015, 04:28 PM

Its like bringing a knife to a gun fight but I'm good with that! Maybe get this up and going and have more people step up.

Maximus
05-28-2015, 05:19 PM

When we get our junk running. :(

draggin50
05-29-2015, 01:41 AM
Where is USMCPony? He needs to get back in on this!!!

USMCPONY
05-29-2015, 04:22 AM
With this new 10 rib kit, flip drive and cog drive. I'm basically custom making everything. They claim it takes 4 hours to install. But the fastest anyone has done it is 30 hours. And that's cause he had all the parts. I'm missing parts and basically peicing together my own kit. 9/10 of everything I read about this kit is everyone else had to do the same thing. But everyone said it is 100% worth it. I will have zero belt slip and will have instant boost with less strain on my accessories.

draggin50
05-29-2015, 11:30 AM
Im sure it will be worth it once its done. Gonna be nasty!

beefcake
06-02-2015, 04:09 PM
this should be fun

NXcoupe
06-13-2015, 03:37 PM
Ok racemaster Brian, I'm ready to race. Who's up? I can be at Edgewater this coming Friday night, weather permitting, and I'll run whoever to get this list started. Bring it, someone will video it, and we'll be the first two on the list. Let's do it. Or, I can do kk Thursday, again, weather permitting, but I'd rather to E2O simply because it's not as crowded.

exrider416
06-14-2015, 12:09 AM
Agreed lets get this going! My new short block is ordered and should be here in a week or so. Just a little fire restoration and drop it in! I should be ready in a month.

draggin50
06-14-2015, 12:20 AM
Im ready to get things started!!! I wont be ready to make any passes for a couple weeks. Just picked up slicks from Chad and Im getting my anti roll bar welded in.

Where is Bill (NoShot)? I know Chad393 and Kennebellcobra have a quick cars! USMCPONY should be getting close. Who else am I forgetting? Come on guys!!! Lets make this happen!

NXcoupe
06-14-2015, 07:23 AM
I will text chad and bill. Or you can call them too, and get this thing going. I just went all in to get a car to be able to start this, so let's get going. I can be at kk or at edgewater, either way, just let me know brian, I'm ready.

draggin50
06-14-2015, 10:32 AM
I sent Chad a text. Ill PM Bill and see if he is up for it too.

cyah92
06-14-2015, 04:41 PM
I would love to see these races

draggin50
06-14-2015, 05:19 PM
Id love to see you get your car done and join in!!!

NXcoupe
06-14-2015, 06:31 PM
^ditto, what's up with it now Todd?

2Fast4You
06-14-2015, 07:47 PM
A minor trans leak, well, maybe a little more than minor. It will be OK, Lol

kennebellcobra
06-14-2015, 09:30 PM
I'm no match for a coyote turbo but I can run Friday at E2O.

draggin50
06-14-2015, 10:20 PM
Never know! You know your car works as it is. Mike is untested and a new combo. It would get the listed started anyways!

There ya go Mike!!! Lets try to get one done!

USMCPONY
06-14-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm still waiting on the two custom made tensioner pullies that they forgot to send in the first place. That's the only thing I'm waiting on besides a tune. I'm really starting to regret changing my car.

draggin50
06-14-2015, 10:47 PM
Im sure it will be well worth it when its done. Its going to nasty as hell!

USMCPONY
06-15-2015, 03:13 AM
Im sure it will be well worth it when its done. Its going to nasty as hell!

Its actually going to be slower cause I'm barely spinning the blower. I won't be able to really spin the blower until the motor is built.

2Fast4You
06-15-2015, 09:06 AM
If it ain't spinning, you ain't winning!
Just harassing you, like you said, putting things in place for the future of the vehicle.

NXcoupe
06-15-2015, 06:00 PM
I'm no match for a coyote turbo but I can run Friday at E2O.

Never know! You know your car works as it is. Mike is untested and a new combo. It would get the listed started anyways!

There ya go Mike!!! Lets try to get one done!

Lol, you guys have WAY too much confidence in me. I didn't say what car I'd have there, just that I had a car to run and get on the list. It's mine, and that's what matters. The coyote is on hold til I get moved and situated, then it's on like donkey kong. I will meet you wherever Shannon. Let me know! Edgewater or KK?

cyah92
06-15-2015, 07:19 PM
When I was taking the first joy ride on the highway I had a trans coolent line loosened up and lost most of the fluid so I putted it home. I end up getting the line put on and filled it back up but it seems like its slipping. Maybe the clutches are fried who knows. Getting tired of this powerglide.

USMCPONY
06-15-2015, 07:38 PM
Lol, you guys have WAY too much confidence in me. I didn't say what car I'd have there, just that I had a car to run and get on the list. It's mine, and that's what matters. The coyote is on hold til I get moved and situated, then it's on like donkey kong. I will meet you wherever Shannon. Let me know! Edgewater or KK?

Your full out drag car. Stop puppy kicking lol

Rich
06-15-2015, 09:54 PM
If all the fluid drained out and you continued to drive it, it probably burnt the clutches up.

kennebellcobra
06-15-2015, 10:06 PM
It would have to be E20 Mike. So you going to give us a hint on what your bringing?

k062693w
06-15-2015, 11:03 PM
It would have to be E20 Mike. So you going to give us a hint on what your bringing?

I could have sworn he mentioned a 2012 5.0 GT, But I can't seem to find the post or my response about it ... :confused:

draggin50
06-16-2015, 12:00 AM
Whats the car Mike? I may have Bill (NoShot) interested too.

NXcoupe
06-16-2015, 09:04 AM
Tiny little turbo on a completely stock pushrod 5.0, or something akin to that..... Show up and see for yourself! I will be at e2O then shannon. U and me, #1 and #2.

NXcoupe
06-16-2015, 09:06 AM
Oh, and tell bill itd be a great match up for his car too. Maybe he can race the loser? Or winner?

draggin50
06-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Ill let him know. Wish I could be there to watch atleast. Im not going to be in town though.

NXcoupe
06-16-2015, 10:08 AM
Shoot, that sucks you wont be there! Its going to be fun. I hope someone can take some video.

draggin50
06-16-2015, 11:05 AM
I know! Im sure it will be a blast but Ill be sitting on a beach somewhere on the east coast.

mdrake
06-16-2015, 02:56 PM
This should be fun

USMCPONY
06-16-2015, 03:40 PM
I personally think all contenders should post a picture of the car that they will be racing with. I don't know faces and the only car I know is draggin's. I could walk past everyone else standing next to their car 20 times and id never know it was them. At least supply a picture and a brief description?

NO SHOT
06-16-2015, 03:47 PM
Tiny little turbo on a completely stock pushrod 5.0, or something akin to that..... Show up and see for yourself! I will be at e2O then shannon. U and me, #1 and #2.
I plan on being at Edgewater also so you and Shannon can battle for 2 & 3 lol

NO SHOT
06-16-2015, 03:51 PM
I personally think all contenders should post a picture of the car that they will be racing with. I don't know faces and the only car I know is draggin's. I could walk past everyone else standing next to their car 20 times and id never know it was them. At least supply a picture and a brief description?
No secret racecar here its the pacecar lol

draggin50
06-16-2015, 04:02 PM
I got pictures of some of them but not all. Need a profile!!! Name, car, and so on.

I really wish I could come down and watch. I bought a go pro today that I'd liked to put to use.

USMCPONY
06-16-2015, 04:42 PM
I'm more worried about seeing the car than the description. That way we could put a car with a screen name.

draggin50
06-17-2015, 12:26 AM
Here is (NoShot) Bill's pace car. The others will probably have to post theirs. I don't have a picture of Mike's car, or KennebellCobra's car.
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu339/draggin50/SBZ%202015/DSC_2313_zps3b4v2gig.jpg (http://s661.photobucket.com/user/draggin50/media/SBZ%202015/DSC_2313_zps3b4v2gig.jpg.html)

USMCPONY
06-17-2015, 12:35 AM
Here is (NoShot) Bill's pace car. The others will probably have to post theirs. I don't have a picture of Mike's car, or KennebellCobra's car.
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu339/draggin50/SBZ%202015/DSC_2313_zps3b4v2gig.jpg (http://s661.photobucket.com/user/draggin50/media/SBZ%202015/DSC_2313_zps3b4v2gig.jpg.html)

Damn that's pretty.

SN95N/A
06-17-2015, 05:41 AM
That's a bad bytch

NXcoupe
06-17-2015, 08:40 AM
I will get some pics with it on the dyno tonight. I dont wanna bring a knife to a gunfight with Bill. Lol. Gonna get some numbers tonight.

Kwik92GT
06-17-2015, 10:29 PM

Uh huh, you sure you're not from Middletown? :lol:

draggin50
06-17-2015, 10:57 PM
I will get some pics with it on the dyno tonight. I dont wanna bring a knife to a gunfight with Bill. Lol. Gonna get some numbers tonight.

So... How did it do?

Kwik92GT
06-18-2015, 01:12 AM
So... How did it do?

I wouldn't hold your breath for REAL numbers. LOL

NO SHOT
06-18-2015, 01:20 AM

Stop it LOL I need to change the name of mine to CASE XX for sure!!lol..
I have a brand new $200 Shortblock lol

NO SHOT
06-18-2015, 01:21 AM
Damn that's pretty.
Thanks..

draggin50
06-18-2015, 01:37 AM
I wouldn't hold your breath for REAL numbers. LOL

One could only hope!!!

NXcoupe
06-18-2015, 09:04 AM
Uh huh, you sure you're not from Middletown? :lol:
I drive by there a lot, maybe its rubbing off on me. Lol.

NXcoupe
06-18-2015, 09:06 AM
So... How did it do?
Its got an issue. Tune is spot on but something is up with the trans. Leaning towards converter issue. Not gonna worry about it tho until after we race. Then going to drop trans and get it figured out.

USMCPONY
06-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Its got an issue. Tune is spot on but something is up with the trans. Leaning towards converter issue. Not gonna worry about it tho until after we race. Then going to drop trans and get it figured out.

Post that bad boy up in the contenders list

NXcoupe
06-19-2015, 07:43 AM
I will when I get a free minute.

NO SHOT
06-19-2015, 03:56 PM
Edgewater is closed....

Maximus
06-19-2015, 04:23 PM
63 is open.

NO SHOT
06-19-2015, 06:45 PM
63 is open.
Its 73 and yes sir it is ALWAYS open lol!!

k062693w
06-19-2015, 06:51 PM

I sent you a PM Bill ...

NXcoupe
07-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Ok, Edgewater tonight? Anyone? Bueller, bueller?

draggin50
07-03-2015, 01:35 PM
It's raining in my neck of the woods already.

Maximus
07-03-2015, 04:34 PM

Sum Bitch...I always get those mixed up. :o

NXcoupe
07-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Alright who is ready for kk tonight to get this list started? I will be there in the blue hatchback.....

draggin50
07-16-2015, 11:47 AM
I'm stuck at work.... I have to get there sometime soon!

SN95N/A
07-16-2015, 12:16 PM
List is filling fast hurry up and get your spot..

Kwik92GT
07-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Mid-July and not one car on this list. SMH

draggin50
07-16-2015, 11:12 PM
I heard #1 and #2 spots are filled.

NXcoupe
07-17-2015, 07:30 AM
Yeesir, got it done tonight. Beefcake and I raced, have video. He is #1 and I am #2. This was in his 15 and me in the turbo car. List is empty because we've had 2 or more months of rain on every race night it seemed. Im ready to take on anyone that wants to bring it per the rules.

NXcoupe
07-17-2015, 07:37 AM
I'm stuck at work.... I have to get there sometime soon!
Sorry we weren't able to include you as racemaster last night. It was a spur of the moment deal and beef and I raced. I didnt care if I won or lost, just racing someone for a reason makes it exciting. I had a blast. Im going to look at why the headlights dont work and check the brakes as to why they locked up in me and see if I can get to edgewater. How about you and I racing next thursday, can you make that happen? Or maybe just race during bracket test and tune on saturday possibly?

NXcoupe
07-17-2015, 07:39 AM
Dozenmaster needs to update the list!

NXcoupe
07-17-2015, 07:51 AM
So last night Dave and I decided to take the turbo lx out to the track. He had his kids so my wife and I went to the shop and picked it up. I backed it out and parked it then we shuffled cars around to get everything back in the garage. I locked up, set the alarm and we jumped in. Cranked the car over, no start. Wtf? So I crank it and crank it. No avail. So my wife and dave both say it must be out if gas. So determined to prove them both wrong and it was something far more sinister at work, I get some c10 I had in a race fuel can and dumped it in. It started. Shit. I mean great. So off we went to the nearest overpriced hadji station and it dies on the steep incline going into the station, roll it back and get it started on level ground. Get a running start and get in the station. So now I fill it up with premium, 3.29 per gallon, shit! So 30 some odd bucks later we are on our way. Make it on back streets to 35 and head east. Some brake happy mfer slams on their brakes for no reason other than to verify they'd work, which causes me to jam on mine and mine work so well they swerve me towards the barrier and then proceed to stay locked up. So I'm in boost trying to maintain 55 and smoke rolling off the brakes as I go. I finally reach a stopping point and pull to the side. Let the brakes cool, jamb them a couple times sitting and they seem to have released for the moment. At least no thumping and smoke. We proceed on. By 5his time my wife has a similar white knuckle, tight jaw stance she has at the dentist office waiting room. More in a few....

NXcoupe
07-17-2015, 09:36 AM
Ok, so we move across 675 and run into the next traffic jamb. Slowly ease on the brakes, and yep, they lock up again. Shit. So I slowly creep forward, turbo spooling as I go 5 mph. Brakes roll smoke as I come to a stop. We pulled into the mazda dealer entrance road, and smoke comes off the front brakes. Stuck. Forgot to mention that the car was running 210 all this time. Fan would come on and shut right back off again. Called dave and my buddy Will. Will works across the street from there at the ford dealer. I asked him to come over and bring a small screwdriver.i sit and wait, eat my sandwich and chips while we wait. Will and dave show up at the same time, and will hands me the screwdriver. I adjust the fan control screw, found that using a magnifier app on her phone, Turned it till the fan came on and then backed it off a touch. After a bit later, I put the car in neutral and was able to push it myself, so I decided to make the drive to kk. Dave followed me. We made it fine, car stayed nice and cool, never over 185. Brakes worked as they had before tonight. So I did what any racer would do, when the guy asked are you racing ir watching? I said racing and paid the man. Wifes jaw dropped. Lol. I didnt go thru all this shit to sit and watch. So waiting in line I see beef in the next row. We get to talking and I called him out. Smooth move. There's always a chance though, right? Right? Yeah right. So we get with the official and he lets us swap around and get in the lanes side by side. I hit the brakes very early as my common sense got in the way. Beef won. I came in second. Literally. Second pass was much faster, built boost on the brake, left hard and picked up .2 on 60ft, but still hit the brakes early, just not at the 1000 ft mark. Lol.

So the list is started, we've got action, lets get this going. Somebody call me or beef out and take our spots!

SN95N/A
07-17-2015, 10:46 AM
Damn bad luck

draggin50
07-17-2015, 10:50 AM
Sorry we weren't able to include you as racemaster last night. It was a spur of the moment deal and beef and I raced. I didnt care if I won or lost, just racing someone for a reason makes it exciting. I had a blast. Im going to look at why the headlights dont work and check the brakes as to why they locked up in me and see if I can get to edgewater. How about you and I racing next thursday, can you make that happen? Or maybe just race during bracket test and tune on saturday possibly?

Ill see if I can make Thursday happen. Ill keep up on the weather and see how it looks before I put in for a vacation day. I know Id like to make it happen!

NXcoupe
07-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Damn bad luck
But a happy ending sort of...

NXcoupe
07-17-2015, 10:53 AM
Ill see if I can make Thursday happen. Ill keep up on the weather and see how it looks before I put in for a vacation day. I know Id like to make it happen!
Me too! Id like to get this list full before the end of the season. Not much I like to do more than race.

draggin50
07-17-2015, 10:55 AM
Me too! Id like to get this list full before the end of the season. Not much I like to do more than race.

You and me both!!! Ill see what I can do!

SN95N/A
07-17-2015, 01:40 PM
Where's this video you speak of:rockon:

USMCPONY
07-17-2015, 04:05 PM
Since you mentioned calling you or beef out. Wouldn't someone have to call you out before beef?

SN95N/A
07-17-2015, 04:26 PM
I say if you got something fast enough to take out the top guy why not take him out..but in all seriousness you would have to go through the 2nd spot first because if you happen to lose to #1 would you go to the 3rd spot?