PDA

View Full Version : Satellite TV?

Goldenpony
05-30-2015, 01:48 PM
Anybody using Dish or Direct TV? Time Warner is pricing themselves out of my market. Just wondered which Satellite provider is the best. Best equipment?

cstreu1026
05-30-2015, 01:52 PM
We have dish. We tried to switch to Direct TV at one point but it was a disaster because of poor customer service and a lousy product. I had to fight with them for 2 months to recover that more than $1000 they charged me after they couldn't deliver on their end of the contract in a timely manner.

mustangjon
05-30-2015, 02:23 PM
We have direct had no issues but in a month changing because out of contract and price going up again... Prolly going with Cincy bells net and tv package no contract and 40 less a month than I'm paying now and it's upgrading our net speed in process

k062693w
05-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Dish !!!

/Thread

4n_eatr
05-30-2015, 04:48 PM
I have DirecTv. Never had an issue. My dad had dish and had to fight them every month about hidden charges on his bill, but it could just be the Dayton Market.

Applejaxx95vert
05-30-2015, 08:22 PM
I have had both, the big issue I have is the channels change slow within the last two weeks, but other than that it's not bad.

redfirepearlgt
05-30-2015, 11:58 PM
Used to have DirectTV. Great while we had it. But after about 18 months the price more than doubled. Been with TWC since and now its getting stupid on pricing. CBT in area and appears to have bugs worked out. Just hate having to change email address on everything I am subscribed to after doing so.

draggin50
05-31-2015, 01:59 AM
I have TWC and I hate them but I hear a lot of bad about Dish.

Goldenpony
05-31-2015, 10:28 AM
I have Time Warner now. Actually, I like the service, the features etc. The thing I hate is how the price just goes up, and up and up...

motox159
05-31-2015, 11:34 AM
I have TWC also. Price has "tried" to go up over the last few years. Every time they do that I give them a call and tell them I'm looking to change services if they can't do something. So basically my bill has been exactly what it was when I had it installed 6 years ago. Give them a call and see what they can do. They don't want to lose a customer, for some reason they find ways to give you the price they want :bigthumb

- - - Updated - - -

"the price YOU want"

Blkcobra01
05-31-2015, 12:03 PM
I have TWC also. Price has "tried" to go up over the last few years. Every time they do that I give them a call and tell them I'm looking to change services if they can't do something. So basically my bill has been exactly what it was when I had it installed 6 years ago. Give them a call and see what they can do. They don't want to lose a customer, for some reason they find ways to give you the price they want :bigthumb

- - - Updated - - -

"the price YOU want"

This I was loyal to them for years they wouldn't work with me this year so took there shit back went with U-verse love it so far. It's funny TWC wouldn't work with me this time I cancel two days later they basically tell me what can we do to get you back said to late now got someone else should have worked with me the 1st time. The whole cable system is such crap I keep telling myself I'm going to cut it and just get internet but have yet to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IWRBB
05-31-2015, 01:13 PM
Dish has the best hardware. Direct does have better resolution in their satellite signal, but I'll take the snappy interface and slightly worse picture over the painfully slow POS hardware that Direct provides.