PDA

View Full Version : Price for AC?

80 hate
07-29-2015, 09:10 AM
I have found two really nice fox bodies that i like. The problem is I want AC and both have it removed. Has anyone ever had AC put back on a foxbody and how much did it cost?

NXcoupe
07-29-2015, 11:13 AM
I charge 100 for the a/c charge and service. I have bought the compressor, lines, brackets, etc, from private owners for 200 or less. That help? Labor to install if u brought me all the shit would be 3 to 4 hours to do as u need to put the condensor brackets and condenser in front of the radiator and finagle the compressor brackets and compressor.

egbertnr
07-29-2015, 11:18 AM
I would assume the box behind the dash is still there? Have the evaporator tubes going into the box been mangled? I am currently going thru my box and putting all new components in it before I put it back in the car. Obviously if the evaporator is still in tact that is a big advantage. Otherwise its like Mike said above, you just have to find all the components and there are plenty of sources out there for that.

86gt40
07-29-2015, 12:07 PM
I have a bunch of the parts here if u want em. Compressor and hoses for sure. Come get em.