PDA

View Full Version : Duty to inform states

Pops Fun
07-29-2015, 04:01 PM
Duty to inform states

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/07/29/duty-to-inform/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

Thought it was interesting...

redfirepearlgt
07-29-2015, 04:20 PM
thanks for posting.

2Fast4You
07-29-2015, 09:14 PM
Thanks

Rick93coupe
07-30-2015, 12:02 AM
X3!

NXcoupe
07-30-2015, 08:58 AM
So what happened to the guy they used as an example? Got arrested in nj.

Pops Fun
07-30-2015, 09:15 AM
Kind of sounds like he won't be charged, but has spent big bucks on a lawyer. Don't think New Jersey has reciprocity with anyone...

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2015/07/nj_gun_laws_are_clear_for_out-of-state_travelers.html

"The Mercer County Prosecutor's Office has said that if Fletcher's claims of not having a criminal record are true, they will support him for PTI.
The National Rifle Association's Institute for Legislative Action reached out to Fletcher personally Thursday about the case, said Fletcher, a 41-year-old father of two.
Fletcher's lawyer, Les Hartman, said the NRA was inquiring about Fletcher making a video for the organization, but no plans have been made.
"It's sad to see another law-abiding citizen fall victim to New Jersey's draconian gun laws," said Lars Dalseide, a spokesman for the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action."

04 Venom
07-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Every state should have duty to inform laws.

Maximus
07-30-2015, 02:28 PM
I always inform if Im carrying and keep my hands in plain site for the cop. At night, I turn on the overhead light, turn off vehicle and again, keep my hands in his site at all times.

draggin50
07-30-2015, 03:30 PM
I always inform if Im carrying and keep my hands in plain site for the cop. At night, I turn on the overhead light, turn off vehicle and again, keep my hands in his site at all times.

And that's how you DONT get shot!!!

Pops Fun
08-03-2015, 10:54 AM
I just wanted to put this out there again... check before traveling with a gun... Right now Wisconsin and Texas only allow Ohio Permits Issued/Renewed on or after 3/23/15

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Pops Fun
08-03-2015, 11:04 AM

The way I look at it is that is just respectful to the officer... Gun or no gun andd has been done by many for a long time.
That is how I was taught..

As far as notification, the officer should approach every car with the thought that there could be a weapon.
Notification should go away and it is on the list of some organizations.. :) !!!

What in the world does "IN A TIMELY MANNER" wtf does that mean... stick your head out the window and yell at officer as he approaches.. or after he finishes his speech...

Stupid... a lot of places you only inform if the officer asks....

Mista Bone
08-03-2015, 09:50 PM
I was pulled over years ago, a "felony stop" and when I tried to ask why or give any info, I was told to shut up. Then they found my yellow range card for Target World and asked if I had any weapons on me....yet they had just told me to shut up.

Deer Park had an issue with a car closely matching mine, a gun was involved, so I was blocked in at the end of Kenwood Exit from SB 71.

Having watch COPS on TV, I knew hands in plain view, etc. Follow commands and exit slowly after turning the car off and putting keys on the dash. It might have been the officer standing on the bumper with a 12 gauge as well.

While I don't have a CCW yet, always be courteous to the cop and things generally go smoother.