PDA

View Full Version : Kilkare and XOS

draggin50
09-04-2015, 01:58 AM
Well looks like Kilkare is back at again and XOS will no longer be at Kilkare. What the hell is up with all the local tracks??? Charlie has busted his ass along with a few others to make that place money and bring us some awesome heads up racing, only to be kicked around and put on the back burner. The next race will be held somewhere else to be announced.

Kilkare pulled some shit at the end of the year last year and now they are doing it again.

Edgewater has been going down hill for a while and it doesn't seem like Dick really cares. Track prep is non existent any more there. And every time it looks like someone will make a deal with Dick and take over, he backs out.

And whats up with Tristate? Closed down cause they couldn't make the needed repairs is what I heard.

At this rate, we wont have a local track worth a shit in a few years.

Fuck Dave, and fuck Dick... Im about done...

Jrcmutang
09-04-2015, 08:40 AM
THATS TO BAD

NXcoupe
09-04-2015, 08:58 AM
I like to race, fuck politics. Does suck that these owners are no more racers/car guys than most women. The one guy thinks a 2 cyl with no mufflers is cool shit and the other is kind of anti social nerd. Be nice if car guys owned the tracks like when they started.

S281SC
09-04-2015, 09:31 AM
What is happening with kilkare. I hope nothing like last year. That sucked. We were driving to muncie to race cuz e20 is a hole. And 275 highway bites too. Soo by the time you bounce your way to the track you are greeted by a guy that considers a mop track prep.

draggin50
09-04-2015, 11:27 AM
I wish a racer owned one. That would make the difference. Atleast someone who cares about the cars and does everything they can to get people to come. The track don't have to be perfect to get people to race there. Tristate proved that. Just people who care.

Just goes to show that money cant buy everything.

TooFast98Cobra
09-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Fucking bracket racers taking over !

cstreu1026
09-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Kilkare peaked the year Ed Beyer ran the track. It's been a downward slide since.

Rich
09-04-2015, 12:45 PM
I know the new owners have sunk a ton of money into Kil-kare the past few years BUT that place just hasn't been the same since they moved the staging lanes.

k062693w
09-04-2015, 02:18 PM
The place has been Flipping Packed on Thursdays, So I can't see it being a money issue ...

Of Course we need more info Brian ...
Is something going on with the Track, Or is it the Saturday Regulars complaining about the XOS invading their territory ???

Rick93coupe
09-04-2015, 05:58 PM
The word I read, was that Charlie had a no trespass order served to him, regarding KK. What led to that hasn't been said.

draggin50
09-04-2015, 08:44 PM
Yeah I haven't heard much word yet. I see that Steve Little is promoting stuff for kilkare though now. Also they are still running the 4.50 and 6.50 index stuff that Charlie started. I'm in the same boat though, I'd like to know why. Charlie busts his ass to give the local heads up guy a place to race and with some of the quickest small tire heads up cars local, it hurts to see it treated this way.

draggin50
09-04-2015, 08:46 PM
Fucking bracket racers taking over !

I've read some comments on fb from the bracket guys also and they aren't happy either.

Rick93coupe
09-04-2015, 10:21 PM
It does suck to see stuff falling apart at KK again, they made some nice changes and it seems like this yr is better than last. Now they don't funnel you through the wine garden or whatever they were calling it and taking the fence down from the staging lanes was a nice change.

I enjoy the track, just wish a car guy actually owned it.

draggin50
09-05-2015, 12:18 AM
Where's Evil8 at? Maybe he can fill us in.

Just sucks that when you go to Kilkare for the XOS races, you see the stands when the bracket cars run and they are empty. Once the heads up racing starts, they get pretty busy. No one watches the bracket stuff. Its boring. When you see a car go 4.50's at 160, that's bad ass!

mstine2
09-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Kilkare was failing cars at tech right and left tonight for stupid crap. They keep that up along with the XOS not running there anymore and it won't stay packed on Thursday or any other day/ night for long. Draggin50 you are right about the stands being dead when the bracket cars are up. Everyone gets up and walks around until the XOS cars came back up it seemed.

k062693w
09-10-2015, 11:21 PM
Heard through the Grapevine that KilKare is going to undergo Major Changes, And not in a Good Way for the Sport ...

I know they'll Never get another Dime from me for what they did to Charlie ...
Total Bullshit !!!

draggin50
09-10-2015, 11:54 PM
Kilkare was failing cars at tech right and left tonight for stupid crap. They keep that up along with the XOS not running there anymore and it won't stay packed on Thursday or any other day/ night for long. Draggin50 you are right about the stands being dead when the bracket cars are up. Everyone gets up and walks around until the XOS cars came back up it seemed.

Its sad to say but its true. People want to see action. Not some big tire, open header, 12.50 car racing a 14.50 car. Whats fun about that? Bracket time is food and drink tie for everyone! It don't look good for Kilkare at all. I hate to see the direction its going in, but Dave wont listen to anyone.

draggin50
09-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Heard through the Grapevine that KilKare is going to undergo Major Changes, And not in a Good Way for the Sport ...

I know they'll Never get another Dime from me for what they did to Charlie ...
Total Bullshit !!!

Again huh??? That was the story last year when they pulled out at the end of the year. Talking with the bracket guys on FB, they support Kilkare and are for the most part, happy that XOS is gone. Its a shame that the same ones supporting Dave and Kilkare this year, are the same ones who got the rug pulled out from under them last year.

Charlie has done nothing but good things for that place and he has tried to make it work the best he could. Giving the local, heads up guys a place to race and something for us spectators to watch. In my book, Ill support Charlie 100% and not give them a dime. I hate to not go, but they have pissed me off. Charlie is a good guy and a friend in my book.

k062693w
09-11-2015, 12:05 AM
Again huh??? That was the story last year when they pulled out at the end of the year. Talking with the bracket guys on FB, they support Kilkare and are for the most part, happy that XOS is gone. Its a shame that the same ones supporting Dave and Kilkare this year, are the same ones who got the rug pulled out from under them last year.

Charlie has done nothing but good things for that place and he has tried to make it work the best he could. Giving the local, heads up guys a place to race and something for us spectators to watch. In my book, Ill support Charlie 100% and not give them a dime. I hate to not go, but they have pissed me off. Charlie is a good guy and a friend in my book.

Funny that they hire the guy that runs the Nsane Outlaw Series, And serve Charlie a No Trespass Order !!!
Looks like the Bracket guys will just have to be Pissed about another heads up series invading them ... For at least as long as the gates remain open ...

Like I said, They will Not get another Dime from me ...

draggin50
09-11-2015, 12:08 AM
Yeah that's the funny part. They bitched and bitched about XOS, but Steve has been making promises to Dave and back door's Charlie and now Nsane will be running right with them. Serves them right.

86gt40
09-11-2015, 07:08 AM
Didn't the old man who owned tri-state pass away? Had a Co worker who claims he knows the family. Says the wife opens it when she feels like it kinda thing.

draggin50
09-11-2015, 12:03 PM
Im not sure. I haven't heard much about tristate this year. I liked that place. Its a hell of a drive for me and the surface isn't great but it was always fun and they treat ya good.

m347
09-11-2015, 12:29 PM
Didn't the old man who owned tri-state pass away? Had a Co worker who claims he knows the family. Says the wife opens it when she feels like it kinda thing.

Bob did pass away a few years ago. They were open for the last two seasons.
Not sure what happened this year but I have heard the extreme cold last winter damaged the racing surface.
Been hearing that it will be re paved this fall when the cost will be a lot less.
I hope they can get it repaired and open next year. Been racing there for 20 years.

draggin50
09-11-2015, 12:32 PM
That would be nice. I hope they can open back up for next year.

mstine2
09-11-2015, 12:46 PM
Yea I hope they re-open as well. That place is much more laid back and a lot of fun.

redfirepearlgt
09-14-2015, 10:59 AM
They were open for the last two seasons.
Not sure what happened this year but I have heard the extreme cold last winter damaged the racing surface.
Been hearing that it will be re paved this fall when the cost will be a lot less.
I hope they can get it repaired and open next year. Been racing there for 20 years.

Now that would be good news.

draggin50
09-14-2015, 03:59 PM
One could only hope!!

Maybe we can see some street car shoot outs there again in the future!

redfirepearlgt
09-14-2015, 06:44 PM
^^^ Bet we could have a SBZ showdown there next year if they open. That is unless the fresh paved track doesn't draw them from the four corners. For the trax sake if they do this and reopen I hope it is packed out. HEY! maybe then we could do it at E20 since TS being redone would likely pull some of their business. Who knows what the future holds.

draggin50
09-14-2015, 08:54 PM
I don't think Tristate will ever be a perfect track but that's what makes it fun.

evil8
09-14-2015, 09:37 PM
Charlie may be a dick, but he isn't a snake in the grass!

draggin50
09-14-2015, 09:40 PM
True Charlie!! I hope it takes off for you elsewhere. You deserve it.

k062693w
09-14-2015, 09:52 PM
Charlie may be a dick, but he isn't a snake in the grass!

I don't think you're either ...

Rick93coupe
09-14-2015, 10:33 PM
I don't think you're either ...

Oh come on, he's a self admitted dick, lol. I think its just his internet persona though, he might just shake your hand in person.

draggin50
09-14-2015, 10:37 PM
He's been known to Rick!

evil8
09-14-2015, 11:37 PM
Thanks for your support, dicks!

draggin50
09-14-2015, 11:37 PM
Don't let it go to your head!!!

Dick!

k062693w
09-15-2015, 07:36 AM
Oh come on, he's a self admitted dick, lol. I think its just his internet persona though, he might just shake your hand in person.

Now I freely admit that I'm a Dick ... Charlie I consider more of a Cock !!! :lol:

k062693w
09-15-2015, 07:37 AM
Thanks for your support, dicks!

Anytime Richard Cranium !!! :lol:

draggin50
09-18-2015, 04:12 PM
I see Daddy Dave and Chuck wont be there for the street life tour. Hahaha go figure!

I hope nobody shows up!