PDA

View Full Version : 5.0 Coyote life running FI

redfirepearlgt
09-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Just curious if any Coyote engine builders on the site know what kind of life can be expected out of a stock 11-14 Coyote GT long block pushing 575H/530T to the ground through an automatic. I've heard the 6R80 is good for about 60K of hard miles running FI at about that level.

Got my eye on something with a little higher mileage if I am unable to bag gearheads 03 in the event his current offer falls through.

Just getting that urge to switch it up. Got the "SEAN" bug in me to trade....no VETTES THOUGH! I'm too young (I wish) and def not cool enough. LOL!

NXcoupe
09-18-2015, 09:42 AM
The auto is a lot easier in components. My car was n/a and even tho the guy ran it out of oil, the pistons, cylinder walls and main brgs looked great. I would imagine running fi would accellerate the miles quite a bit. Mine had about 45k on it before it started making noise on the guy. Imho best thing to do is yank it apart and put forged pistons and manley rods in it.

redfirepearlgt
09-18-2015, 10:41 AM
Yip they all need an upgrade at some point. I would conclude 57K at that level is likely getting iffy and would be looking at 6-8K in upgrades in near future for the longblock overall or more. Probably won't do it. Would rather find a fair prices 07-09 GT500 these days. Already forged, TR6060, and ready for a highly efficient 2.3L+ TVS to make it really wake up.

NXcoupe
09-18-2015, 02:51 PM
I don't blame you there. I am fortunate enough that I did it all myself and kept it reasonable.

redfirepearlgt
09-18-2015, 10:47 PM
You are fortunate enough to have the garage space and a wife who is into that kind of thing. Mine just had a cow tonight when I got a call from Lebanon Ford wanting to know if mine was on the market for an interested preapproved buyer and I gave him a price that he saidseemed fair and in the guys range. Who knows. may be w/o stanf fo rhte first time in 11 years. No biggy, was that way for 40 years before that.

rtvickers
09-19-2015, 01:03 AM
There's a silver 08-09 gt500 down the road from me with low miles for like $32k. Nice looking car. I can't get more info if you want.

NXcoupe
09-21-2015, 02:06 PM
You are fortunate enough to have the garage space and a wife who is into that kind of thing. Mine just had a cow tonight when I got a call from Lebanon Ford wanting to know if mine was on the market for an interested preapproved buyer and I gave him a price that he saidseemed fair and in the guys range. Who knows. may be w/o stanf fo rhte first time in 11 years. No biggy, was that way for 40 years before that.

Say it ain't so!!