PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Dirty Dozen Challenge; Rules, Discussion, and Callout Thread

THE DOZEN MASTER
03-13-2016, 02:39 AM
The 2016 Dirty Dozen Challenge

The Dirty Dozen Challenge is a challenge for spot list, similar to Street Outlaws, and separate from The Dirty Dozen ET list. Each of the 12 spots on this list will have to be "challenged" for. There will be no ETs needed to be posted. Just race results. All spots will be run for in a heads-up type format. This list will be open to all makes and models.

1) Run whatcha brung! Any make or model allowed, but must have current registration, tags, and insurance. Tags and registration must match car that is being run. No dealer tags.

2) The Dozen Coordinator - Brian McWhorter, AKA draggin50

There will be a neutral party picked that will be responsible for keeping track of, and being a part of, all challenges. This person will be fair and impartial and will see to that all races are on the up and up. If there is any controversy about a race the Dozen Coordinator's decision will be final.

3) Challenges - The list will start with racers holding the spot they ended with last season. As it was last season there will be no "Gate Keeper" that has to be gone thru to get started on working your way up the list. If you're at #8 and want to take a shot at #1, issue the challenge. If that #8 beats the #1, #8 moves to the #1 spot, the old #1 will move to #2, and the rest of the list will drop down one spot. If someone not on the list goes for any spot on the list and wins, that is now their spot and anything below that spot drops down accordingly. The CHALLENGED racer chooses the track and day of the race. The race should happen within one week of the challenge. If the challenger legitimately cannot make the date/time set by the challenged, then the Dozen Coordinator may need to come in and find a reasonable solution to make sure the race happens. The Challenged racer has lane choice in chosen race. If the Dozen Coordinator has to set up the track and time to make the race happen, then lane choice will be decided by coin toss.

4) The Race - Races will be run heads up. Sportsman tree, Pro tree, whatever the racers can agree on. A redlight is a loss. Crossing the centerline of the track is a loss. There will be no "a chase is a race" or anything like that, if both lanes are green, it's a race. This isn't about who can hustle the best. Races will be run on a local track decided on by the racers. Street races will not count towards the list.

5) Break Rule - There is no "official" break rule, BUT, If you have a catastrophic failure you should probably remove yourself from the list. If you are challenged and cannot make a race due to breakage, you automatically forfeit that race. If you continue to be challenged while broke you will keep dropping spots until you are off the list. Just make it easier all the way around and ask to be removed. When you get car running again you can start challenging for spots again.

Notice there are no rules about post counts, mufflers, windshield wipers, horns, trailers or anything of the like. The rules are deliberately left "open" to allow the greatest amount of participation. You can be a part of The Dirty Dozen ET List and this list as well, if you choose to do so. You don't have to decide whether to be on one or the other. At the end of the season there will be a Dirty Dozen Challenge Shootout, all spots will be locked after this shootout!! This will not be a mandatory event, but non-participation may result in your dropping many spots or even off the list completely depending on challenges. Anyone can challenge for any spot at the event, just like you can throughout the season, so it will pay to be there. The spot you hold at the end of this season will be the spot you start off with the following racing season. Hopefully this list will once again generate a lot of action, racing, trash talkin', BSing, etc.. Last year was a great start to this list, let's make it even better this year! Lets find out who has the baddest street cars in the area! We will be actively trying to secure some type of prize for the #1 car/driver at the end of the racing season. Start making those challenges! Good luck to all!

Thanks to Brian McWhorter, AKA draggin50 for being The Dirty Dozen Challnege Coordinator again this year.

NXcoupe
03-16-2016, 12:10 PM
To get things rolling, at the end of the season, after the dozen shootout and all the spots are in stone, each person will get a shirt with their spot number on it, saying Dirty Dozen Challenge #X. No outrageous design, just short and to the point.

Maximus
03-16-2016, 02:38 PM
To get things rolling, at the end of the season, after the dozen shootout and all the spots are in stone, each person will get a shirt with their spot number on it, saying Dirty Dozen Challenge #X. No outrageous design, just short and to the point.

Why not? Lets make something cool for the Shootout shirts!

Heres a couple ideas I came up with.

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy39/CincySpeed/DSC01973_zpsj4d898qs.jpg (http://s775.photobucket.com/user/CincySpeed/media/DSC01973_zpsj4d898qs.jpg.html)

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy39/CincySpeed/DSC01974_zpsuyhp5xqj.jpg (http://s775.photobucket.com/user/CincySpeed/media/DSC01974_zpsuyhp5xqj.jpg.html)

Since TS is gone, maybe coordinate a Shoot-out date on one of Edgewaters Non-Raceday events??

June 5th SUNDAY MUSCLE CAR DAY with Car Show Swap and Drags
Gates open at 9 am 1/4 mile racing -Quick 32 on Street Tires
for $1000. Plus ALL RUN for $1000.00

July 10th Sunday CAR SHOW SWAP AND DRAGS

August 14 th Sun. HOT ROD Car Show Swap and Drags

October 9th Sunday --FALL MUSCLE CAR DAY
Car Show -Swap and 1/4 mile drags

Maximus
03-16-2016, 02:43 PM
A quick Google search....

http://www.clipartof.com/interior_wall_decor/details/Western-Cowboy-Outlaw-Pointing-Two-Pistols-Poster-Art-Print-1087944

Jrcmutang
03-16-2016, 02:44 PM
I like it

Kwik92GT
03-16-2016, 06:07 PM
A quick Google search....

http://www.clipartof.com/interior_wall_decor/details/Western-Cowboy-Outlaw-Pointing-Two-Pistols-Poster-Art-Print-1087944

That's pretty fuckin' cool right there.

- - - Updated - - -

I like it. :bigthumb

NXcoupe
03-16-2016, 06:08 PM
That's badass Craig! That's a great idea. Have to work on that this weekend, should have some time I can devote to it.

Rick93coupe
03-16-2016, 06:37 PM
Craigs a better artist than he thinks, lol. My stick figure drawings aren't nearly as cool.

redfirepearlgt
03-16-2016, 08:24 PM
I bought a camera because I can't draw stick figures.

draggin50
03-17-2016, 12:26 AM

Good idea! Hopefully that will get more people involved!

For the final running, We doing the same as last year? Everyone that attends that's in the top 12 getting in on a drawing for cash or some sort of prize?

Kwik92GT
03-17-2016, 02:15 AM

For the final running, We doing the same as last year? Everyone that attends that's in the top 12 getting in on a drawing for cash or some sort of prize?

That is the plan Brian. Working on a couple of different things for the #1 at the end of the season as well.

draggin50
03-17-2016, 10:38 AM
That is the plan Brian. Working on a couple of different things for the #1 at the end of the season as well.

Ok. Ill get in touch with Mike and see where I can help out if needed. Even if its just throwing some money in.

Maximus
03-17-2016, 11:34 AM
That's badass Craig! That's a great idea. Have to work on that this weekend, should have some time I can devote to it.
Cool! I have a source for Ts if need be.

Craigs a better artist than he thinks, lol. My stick figure drawings aren't nearly as cool.

I started out with stick figures.

Hopefully more dust covered projects make it out! I know its been a while since I had anything worth while to have out. But Ive been busting my ass on my Nova. It wont be the fastest, but your damn skippy Ill tree a mofo. :cool1:

How about we get a cool trophy made up. NOT some plastic POS, but a cool, welded up engine parts trophy? I have a source to where I can get stuff laser cut out if need be.

Oh shit, another idea....wait one....

draggin50
03-17-2016, 11:45 AM
Im sure the nova will run pretty good!!

Maximus
03-17-2016, 11:50 AM
This, with some "bullet holes" added maybe?

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy39/CincySpeed/gunfighter_1_by_davidwpaul-d37xbob_zpssyfqzocs.png (http://s775.photobucket.com/user/CincySpeed/media/gunfighter_1_by_davidwpaul-d37xbob_zpssyfqzocs.png.html)

Or this one...
http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy39/CincySpeed/gunfighter_2_by_davidwpaul-d37xbp8_zpsslakd2ic.png (http://s775.photobucket.com/user/CincySpeed/media/gunfighter_2_by_davidwpaul-d37xbp8_zpsslakd2ic.png.html)

With..... Dirty Dozen (across the top) Last Man Racing (across the bottom) Edgewater 2016 (or Kil Kare) underneth the LMR

Actually, something like that should probably be screen printedon a piece of sheetmetal for a better look. I think it would still be better than a plastic POS trophy thou. :cool2:

Maximus
03-17-2016, 11:51 AM
Im sure the nova will run pretty good!!

As long as it runs consistent 8.50's, Ill be happy. Any faster than that and I will have to do a lot of upgrades.:o

draggin50
03-17-2016, 12:52 PM
8.50's and be able to drive it is where its at. Who wants an all out racecar! Im sure it will do just fine!

Maximus
03-17-2016, 01:37 PM
8.50's and be able to drive it is where its at. Who wants an all out racecar! Im sure it will do just fine!

Damn skippy. This will probably be my last "street/track" car. After I get tired of messing around with it at the track. Ill probably put a stock floor back under it, remove the roll cage and put a nice cam'd LS under the hood. Im sure by then Ill be a Gpaw and looking forward to haulin the Gbabies around! :D

Kwik92GT
03-17-2016, 10:58 PM
How about we get a cool trophy made up. NOT some plastic POS, but a cool, welded up engine parts trophy?

I'm actually looking into this very thing. I'll know a little more in the next few weeks of what I can come up with but it should hopefully be pretty cool. I also have an idea for something that can be passed from #1 to #1 whenever it changes.

NXcoupe
03-18-2016, 06:29 PM
I'm actually looking into this very thing. I'll know a little more in the next few weeks of what I can come up with but it should hopefully be pretty cool. I also have an idea for something that can be passed from #1 to #1 whenever it changes.
I think there's a lot more to that than appears on the surface. When u lose your #1 spot AND lose the traveling trophy, it adds to it. Maybe its just me.

draggin50
04-15-2016, 08:45 PM
331TwistedWedge, you going to be at Kilkare tomorrow? If so this is a callout! All you people in front are holding me up from the #1 spot!

Not that Ill ever make it there! I just want to get away from Shayne before he passes me!

2Fast4You
04-16-2016, 09:53 AM
That's funny Brian, by the way, I'm not able to make it to KK today.
With that being said, I did go to E20 last night and the car is faster than before, single digits now.
But definitely room for improvement though.

2Fast4You
04-18-2016, 11:09 AM
Me and Shannon have a call out, date to be determined.

2Fast4You
05-20-2016, 10:14 AM
As some already know and others will come to know, Tony (aka Dtony) has had a catastrophic failure, let's pray for a speedy recovery...

Kwik92GT
05-20-2016, 10:24 AM
As some already know and others will come to know, Tony (aka Dtony) has had a catastrophic failure, let's pray for a speedy recovery...

Agreed.

Dtony
05-20-2016, 11:07 AM
Thanks, hoping to come up with a plan soon. Just not sure how fast it can materialize due to the amount I spent on this build. I will start with a tear down and see what is salvageable.

Good luck guys.

2Fast4You
05-20-2016, 01:52 PM
Do you have the other short block or was this built using it?

Dtony
05-20-2016, 02:37 PM
I don't have another one. When we pulled the old one down it had a slight crack in a cylinder. It had been using a little water for a while, I guess that's why. Definitely won't put it back in.

2Fast4You
05-20-2016, 03:30 PM
I understand that, maybe a transplant is in order.

Dtony
05-20-2016, 04:17 PM
It still be a coyote, just have to save some money and regroup. When it comes to race cars I'm a cash only guy.

cyah92
05-20-2016, 05:15 PM
Sorry to hear about your engine tony

Dtony
05-24-2016, 05:39 PM
I am back in the game. New motor out today and will be torn down and repaired. In the mean time I was lucky enough to find a ford racing aluminator. I will be calling some peeps out very soon.

cyah92
05-24-2016, 05:57 PM
Good to hear

redfirepearlgt
05-24-2016, 08:09 PM
I am back in the game. New motor out today and will be torn down and repaired. In the mean time I was lucky enough to find a ford racing aluminator. I will be calling some peeps out very soon.

Well that's good news. I hope that FRPP provided some partial coverage on the mishap. They provided me an entire long block once, after the replacement heads took out the short block at startup on my 02. I sent the head in question back, they analyzed it and said it was their fault. Sent me a new long block less intake and let me even keep the one good head. I gave that to a guy on here some years back after I sold the 2002. Never had an issue with FRPP or whatever they call themselves these days other than they are a bit pricey.

2Fast4You
05-24-2016, 08:20 PM
Glad to hear Tony! Or maybe not! Lol

Dtony
05-24-2016, 09:48 PM
Well that's good news. I hope that FRPP provided some partial coverage on the mishap. They provided me an entire long block once, after the replacement heads took out the short block at startup on my 02. I sent the head in question back, they analyzed it and said it was their fault. Sent me a new long block less intake and let me even keep the one good head. I gave that to a guy on here some years back after I sold the 2002. Never had an issue with FRPP or whatever they call themselves these days other than they are a bit pricey.

My block was from a builder that put in darton sleeves. I'm not going to speculate much until we tear it down. But it isn't a Ford crate engine that failed, it was custom work.

draggin50
05-24-2016, 11:44 PM
Good to hear Tony! Hopefully not much is hurt on the new motor and is a cheap fix.

redfirepearlgt
05-25-2016, 05:40 AM
My block was from a builder that put in darton sleeves. I'm not going to speculate much until we tear it down. But it isn't a Ford crate engine that failed, it was custom work.

gotcha. Glad you can get it back on the road sooner either way.

NXcoupe
05-25-2016, 12:10 PM
Good to hear. Let me know what happened with the darton sleeves, we are getting ready to send an engine to them for sleeves soon. Going to have darton do the machining and install of the sleeves.

2Fast4You
05-25-2016, 03:25 PM
Interesting minds want to know, I meant, interested minds want to know.

redfirepearlgt
06-25-2016, 12:52 AM
Called out the bottom three tonight and Lambo stepped up to the challenge. That little 98 Cobra is definitely a sleeper. Caught me sleeping on the line and got the hole shot on me big time. Put another 1/10th on me on the 60ft. But then the TVS went to work and started reeling him in and just edged him out at the finish line by a nose. Darn near a photo finish. Only 0.0244 separated us. Darn nice run LAMBO! Thank the man above we were both able to drive between the three deer at end of the track that came running out on us just after the line. I'm still puckers on the back side. LOL!

redfirepearlgt
06-25-2016, 12:56 AM
OFFICIAL CALL OUT TO CSTREU1024. Are you ready? I'll drive to KK or you can come to Cincinnati this coming week.

NXcoupe
06-25-2016, 01:22 AM
Congrats Chad! And Lambo drove the heck out of that cobra.

cstreu1026
06-25-2016, 08:49 AM
OFFICIAL CALL OUT TO CSTREU1024. Are you ready? I'll drive to KK or you can come to Cincinnati this coming week.

As soon as the car is together.

redfirepearlgt
06-25-2016, 09:28 AM
Congrats Chad! And Lambo drove the heck out of that cobra.

Yes he did. Very impressive setup as well. I think I need some more boost...the stripes and wheel change can wait.

- - - Updated - - -

Car is down? DM can we get a ruling on this? :D

2Fast4You
06-25-2016, 11:26 AM

When will the car be back up and running I guess is the next question to be asked?

This is a two part question.
First, if this is a catastrophic failure and you're going to be down for some time, you will need to remove yourself from the list.
Second, if this is a minor repair and can be up and running within the week, go run or once again you will loose your spot.

And by the way Chad, Welcome to the list!

cyah92
06-25-2016, 11:42 AM
nice chad way to go. maybe I can get mine running right to get on the list. im just not in that much of a hurry to fix it so it can break down again. lol

NXcoupe
06-25-2016, 12:37 PM
Here is video of Chad and Lambo.
https://youtu.be/_-M-NAzgGEc

draggin50
06-25-2016, 01:39 PM

Car going to be down a while? If more than a week or two, Chad will probably take your spot and bump ya down one.

redfirepearlgt
06-25-2016, 01:57 PM
Here is video of Chad and Lambo.
https://youtu.be/_-M-NAzgGEc

I thought he had me also...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ'n on the light.

cstreu1026
06-25-2016, 10:34 PM
Have at it. It's getting a coyote swap and I don't know when it will be done.

redfirepearlgt
06-25-2016, 11:03 PM
Have at it. It's getting a coyote swap and I don't know when it will be done.

Well crap. That sucks. Thought it would be getting close to done by now. You mean the thought of beating me at KK doesn't inspire you to finish it this week? Okay. At least you aren't doing an LS swap. Thank the druids in Ireland for that. LOL! When its done call me out. I'd love to run you down at E20. Ego's fade with age. It's all about fun now win or lose. There are bigger races to be concerned with in the game of life. See ya some time.

Lambo
06-26-2016, 03:41 PM
That was a great race Chad! You have a great set up and came back strong. Nothing I could do in my little car except watch you run me down. Nice driving!

redfirepearlgt
06-26-2016, 08:08 PM
That was a great race Chad! You have a great set up and came back strong. Nothing I could do in my little car except watch you run me down. Nice driving!

Thanks man, and you did a heck of a job banging those gears and coming out of the hole. LOVE THAT MK VIII SWAP! SWEET!!!! I'm getting ready to stoke the fire under the hood a little more. May have to holler at your brother soon. Take care and have a great week.

PKFIRE
06-26-2016, 09:14 PM
That was fun to witness. I was bit surprised Chad was able to come back from behind seeing that both cars ran a solid 11 second ET and you hole shot Chad so well!

redfirepearlgt
06-26-2016, 09:56 PM
That was fun to witness. I was bit surprised Chad was able to come back from behind seeing that both cars ran a solid 11 second ET and you hole shot Chad so well!

Rub it in young grasshopper! LOL!

PKFIRE
06-27-2016, 11:38 PM
Rub it in young grasshopper! LOL!

Haha! You still got the W!

draggin50
06-27-2016, 11:47 PM
Chad is a big fan of the reaction time!!!

redfirepearlgt
06-28-2016, 07:14 AM
Huh?.....What? green light? I was waiting for gotta have it green... LOL!

NXcoupe
07-02-2016, 07:17 AM
new number 1!

https://youtu.be/eXA-j1SWZLk

NXcoupe
07-02-2016, 07:26 AM
Tommy is back on the list!

https://youtu.be/rkWRw-UOEoo

S281SC
07-03-2016, 02:03 PM
I like that ride tommy! What blower did you put on that? Did you sell the terminator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2-Tone
07-03-2016, 07:37 PM
Whipple 2.9 on the 15. I love everything about the car other than its weight.
Terminator is getting a 5.4 dohc with 85mm precision turbo and a rmvb th400. Hope to have it out by the end of the year or early next year.

2Fast4You
07-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Congrats to those on the list from Friday.

NXcoupe
07-06-2016, 11:32 PM
So who's up for racing this week?

2Fast4You
07-09-2016, 06:09 PM
I'm planning on being at E20.

SN95N/A
07-11-2016, 07:45 PM
Am I looking at the right list,Mike you at the top?

2Fast4You
07-11-2016, 09:17 PM
That he is, fortunate for him Shannon forgot how to put his car in gear and hit the gas pedal.

2Fast4You
07-11-2016, 09:18 PM
By the way Mike, this is your official call out.

NXcoupe
07-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Callout accepted. Yep Mike, I just wanted the #12 spot, so I figured I'd swing for the fences and call out Shannon. Then Shannon sat at the line till I crossed the 1/8 mile marker. Lol, I just wanted 12 and got 1.

SN95N/A
07-12-2016, 12:16 PM
Lol that's funny ..I will be calling out the #12 spot in a week waiting on my tires

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

NXcoupe
07-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Lol that's funny ..I will be calling out the #12 spot in a week waiting on my tires

Heck, you can call out any position on the list. I'd go for in the single digits somewhere....

redfirepearlgt
07-12-2016, 03:53 PM
By the way Mike, this is your official call out.

I'll take the loser of the NXcoupe/2Fast4You race if I can make this Friday night.If i can take that heat, I'll gun for the 1 slot holder.

draggin50
07-13-2016, 01:42 AM
Oh... Momma said spend money and Chad did!!! I heard he has been hanging out with that DTony guy! Going straight for the #1 spot!

redfirepearlgt
07-13-2016, 06:41 AM
That DS loop should pick up 1-2 tenths if I can get it put on this week.:lol: Even a blind squirrel can find a walnut on occasion. Losing is an easy pill to swallow when there is no ego factor and you take it all in fun. LOL!

2Fast4You
07-13-2016, 01:52 PM
Just an FYI for this Friday, the race has been postponed to the following Friday, that will give you some time Chad.

2Fast4You
07-13-2016, 02:23 PM
I'll take the loser of the NXcoupe/2Fast4You race if I can make this Friday night.If i can take that heat, I'll gun for the 1 slot holder.

By the way, you would be gunning for the number #2 (NXcoupe) slot holder, not the number #1(2Fast4You)... Lol

Lambo
07-15-2016, 09:50 AM
I want in on this race challenge action. I will challenge the loser of redfirepearlgt vs nxcoupe.

redfirepearlgt
07-15-2016, 01:11 PM
Sounds like a deal for next Friday Lambo. I thought they were running tonight but looks like they have made it for next week. See you then? If its me on the rematch, I won't be snoring (as long hopefully) on the line this time! LOL! I'm going just to watch tonight and hang out.

Lambo
07-15-2016, 01:27 PM
My only hope if it's you again is that I can get a little better jump off the line... It's my only shot at a chance at victory. Hopefully, no deer dodging this time around! Lol. See you next week!

redfirepearlgt
07-15-2016, 01:30 PM
My only hope if it's you again is that I can get a little better jump off the line... It's my only shot at a chance at victory. Hopefully, no deer dodging this time around! Lol. See you next week!

Amen BROTHER! No deer jerky for me..........at least not in that fashion. Otherwise I am all over Deer jerky!

SN95N/A
07-15-2016, 07:50 PM
Calling out the 12 spot

Dtony
07-16-2016, 04:06 PM
Glad to see action on the list..... I am almost ready for my return. It's Been a long, frustrating summer.

2Fast4You
07-16-2016, 07:14 PM
Good to hear your still around Tony, give me a holler.

NXcoupe
07-16-2016, 07:20 PM
Glad to see action on the list..... I am almost ready for my return. It's Been a long, frustrating summer.

Yeah, I wanna know what's up with it and what you found.

redfirepearlgt
07-16-2016, 08:46 PM

YIKES SCOOBY, THE MONSTER IS BACK!

Qtr milerocket
07-22-2016, 09:18 AM
Calling out the 12 spot
Unfortunately I'll be unable to defend my spot I'm currently working nights, even if I was on days I'd relinquish my spot. I'm an old timer :lol: I don't handle hot/humid conditions like I did when I was 30!, you'll see me out when it's 30* cooler! With that said get out there, mix it up and have fun....good luck.

Peace :cool2:

James

NXcoupe
07-22-2016, 11:37 PM
stand up thing to do James!b :bigthumb

NXcoupe
07-22-2016, 11:41 PM
Wow, what a night of racin. First race was Shane and I for the #1 spot. I got him on the tree by 1.9 sec(I red lit) and he still beat me. Hard to believe, I know. So shane is now #1. Then the next race I get called out by Chad, he relit on me, and I took that one, still second place. Then Mike Wolf calls me out and he beat me. He's #2 and I'm #3. Matt Lamb calls me out, and he beat me, so I'm #4 and he's #3. Then his brother Steve calls Matt out, and they race, Steve beats Matt, so Steve takes #3 and Matt falls to #4 and I'm #5. Sheesh. I've gotta go update all this. Where's the dozenmaster when you need him?

draggin50
07-22-2016, 11:48 PM
Sounds like a great night of racing!

SN95N/A
07-23-2016, 12:00 AM
That was fun thanks Mike..my cars running like garbage but was great seeing everyone! I had a blast first time out in 3 years..

Qtr milerocket
07-23-2016, 11:17 AM
stand up thing to do James!b :bigthumb
Thanks Mike!b yeah I try to cover my bases, I shall return this fall...I think. :bigthumb

Peace :cool2:

James

2Fast4You
07-23-2016, 02:00 PM
With the air as nasty as it was, still a fun evening out with everyone.

redfirepearlgt
07-23-2016, 02:17 PM
I think I set a red light record...

2Fast4You
07-23-2016, 06:19 PM
Someone has to hold that record Chad, it might as well be you. Lol

redfirepearlgt
07-23-2016, 08:50 PM
Well thankyuh........thankyuh ver much....uh thankyuh.

Some body has to make sure the red light bulbs are still good.

SN95N/A
07-23-2016, 09:18 PM
LOL

THE DOZEN MASTER
07-25-2016, 04:13 AM
Where's the dozenmaster when you need him?

I've read this like 4 times now and I'm still not sure WTF is going on! :lol: :bangwall: Glad you've got a handle on it. :bigthumb

NXcoupe
07-25-2016, 11:55 AM
I've read this like 4 times now and I'm still not sure WTF is going on! :lol: :bangwall: Glad you've got a handle on it. :bigthumb
Well, the top half of the list is now the bottom half and the bottom half is now the top half and I'm somewhere in between. Clear as mud?

2Fast4You
07-30-2016, 02:23 PM
Just an FYI, I will be out of town the upcoming two weekends, I will not be able to accept any challenges until I return for the following weekend.

redfirepearlgt
07-31-2016, 08:23 PM
Hey Lamb Brothers!!! Who's feeling up to a rematch? Say Friday night weather willing? And the creek don't rise? I fare better it seems when I sleep on the tree. LOL!

Lambo
08-01-2016, 10:46 AM
Hey Chad. I'm game for a rematch on Friday night. Let's make it happen. Sounds like I have a friendly call out from Jon on here too. Sounds like a fun night of racing to me. Take your time at the light for me...

redfirepearlgt
08-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Sounds good. Air is not looking so good again at this point Friday and 60% chance of showers.......again. So hopefully that will clear up. We'll figure it out when we get down there. Sounds good. Let Matt know that was a Brother's call out BTW.

S281SC
08-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Lambo is Matt. S281sc is Steve. :) steve (me) may not be able to make it friday. We will see how my work schedule goes. I am supposed to go on vacation next week and i have about 100 deadlines to meet by the end of the week. Which means a bunch of long days. If you can wait a week for me i would appreciate it. Hahaha

gzbs197
08-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Make him race the van!!!! :)

S281SC
08-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Hey. Ssssshhhhhhh. Nobody needs to know i raced my van.

redfirepearlgt
08-02-2016, 06:39 AM
Lambo is Matt. S281sc is Steve. :) steve (me) may not be able to make it friday. We will see how my work schedule goes. I am supposed to go on vacation next week and i have about 100 deadlines to meet by the end of the week. Which means a bunch of long days. If you can wait a week for me i would appreciate it. Hahaha

No problem. At least I got the names right. HA!

S281SC
08-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Last week at kilkare my car seemed sluggish and gauges were jumping around. Not enough juice for the starter to turn the engine over. Turns out the gauges jumping were my two oil pressure gauges and my oil looked like a glitter festival. So apparently i lost my oil pump. We have a couple of different engines around the garage and one of them will be in my car by the end of the weekend. So i will not be racing tonight. Next week will be pushing it to be completely ready but i will do what i can to make it happen. If not i will give you my spot next week and then challenge back in two weeks. I am sure it will be done by the end of next weekend.

redfirepearlgt
08-05-2016, 11:37 PM
Had a good race tonight. Steve and Matt were there. Lambo (Matt) and I ran for #4 spot. .069 to .143 reaction time. 1.726 60ft to Matts 1.639 60ft. 11.183@125.68MPH to Matt's 11.892@115.11. Unfortunately Matt lost his alternator during the run or I think it would have been a lot closer. So I guess that makes me #4 and Lambo #5 for the moment. Air sucked. 3000DA clammy and hot. Track was for crap as well.

S281SC
08-06-2016, 12:38 AM
https://vimeo.com/177787665

Lambo
08-06-2016, 01:15 AM
That was a good race Chad! Nice pass and good running car. I'll get my voltage issue fixed and we will be back to revisit this I'm sure. Thanks for helping me get loaded on the trailer after the demolishing you gave me on our race.

donna
08-06-2016, 07:22 AM
Sorry we missed it. Mike didn't get home from the shop till after 8. Congrats to Chad.

NXcoupe
08-06-2016, 10:47 AM
Well i was getting on here to give up my spot since i didnt show. Congrats Chad! Got that monkey off your back, hows it feel?

redfirepearlgt
08-06-2016, 01:11 PM
:squirt:redlight......YAY! GREAT!

draggin50
08-06-2016, 01:51 PM
That was a good race!!

draggin50
08-06-2016, 01:52 PM
On a side note, Im calling out Mike for the #2 spot. When and where can we get one done? Ill put in for a day off so I can get to a track.

SN95N/A
08-06-2016, 01:57 PM
Friday

draggin50
08-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Ok, Ill see what I can do to get the night off of work.

NXcoupe
08-07-2016, 01:00 AM
I wanna be there for this one.

draggin50
08-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Hopefully the weather will be decent.

SN95N/A
08-07-2016, 01:54 PM
Weather should be good enough for you lol your 3 seconds faster

2Fast4You
08-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Where is this going to take place?

redfirepearlgt
08-07-2016, 03:22 PM
^^^ I bet I know one place it won't be at...:rolleyes:

SN95N/A
08-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Edgewater I'm assuming

draggin50
08-07-2016, 06:20 PM
Edgewater on Friday works for me.

Ill call Shayne out too! Ill put some Comp Orange strips on that thing!!! Hahaha!!!! Im not really that dumb but hey, he might redlight!

2Fast4You
08-07-2016, 10:17 PM
The only way that the Comp Orange paint from that car is going to even come close to putting a stripe on my car is if you plan on running into me in the staging lanes... Lol

NXcoupe
08-08-2016, 08:31 AM
^Lol.

Rick93coupe
08-08-2016, 10:24 PM
Hahaha

draggin50
08-09-2016, 01:00 PM
Weather should be good enough for you lol your 3 seconds faster

Looking like rain right now for Friday.

NXcoupe
08-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Depends on when the rain comes. If it's early in the day and dries up as the day goes on, then we would be fine.

gzbs197
08-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Depending on the weather , I might try to make it down for TnT so I can hang out with the kool kids!!! :)

SN95N/A
08-10-2016, 03:00 PM
I will keep an eye out not chancing hour drive for nothing

redfirepearlgt
08-10-2016, 08:48 PM
50% chance of scattered shower @ 5pm Friday evening.
BY 7pm 40% chance of scattered shower.
By 8pm 5% chance of scattered shower.

draggin50
08-11-2016, 12:59 AM
I will keep an eye out not chancing hour drive for nothing

Im about an hour and 45 away so Ill be watching too.

redfirepearlgt
08-11-2016, 10:13 AM
Chances for rain are now below 15% after 5pm tomorrow evening. And that's scattered pop ups prior to 5. Air temps are looking improved but DA forecast currently is 3000-3300DA again for tomorrow 5-8pm, then dropping off. Thank goodness for a big heat exchanger. weather channel is calling for 87high while locally they are predicting 91 high @ 5pm. Hope to see everyone there.

redfirepearlgt
08-12-2016, 10:50 AM
I'm calling out whoever ends up in the 3 slot tonight 8/12. I'm sure if I win that it will be as high as I get once these big HP guys finally get their cars running...:rolleyes:

SN95N/A
08-12-2016, 10:51 AM
So me lol hope u turned boost up on that car

redfirepearlgt
08-12-2016, 11:04 AM
I'll step on the Gerbil tail to make it spin a little faster. LOL!

SN95N/A
08-12-2016, 11:04 AM
LOL I will see you there

redfirepearlgt
08-12-2016, 11:05 AM
OF course if Brian can't make it out, I guess we will have to run for #2.......YIKES!

SN95N/A
08-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Yep got the 225 pills in it it will be go or blow HA

draggin50
08-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Im heading to get the trailer now. Ill be there. This weather is gonna suck but I got some ice. Going to try to get the IAT's down and see how much it helps.

redfirepearlgt
08-12-2016, 12:41 PM
Im heading to get the trailer now. Ill be there. This weather is gonna suck but I got some ice. Going to try to get the IAT's down and see how much it helps.

Ice? Sorry I just bought every bag in Hamilton County. I'll sell ya some though! LOL!!

draggin50
08-12-2016, 12:46 PM
Haha, I wont need much! Ive got some stashed away though!

SN95N/A
08-12-2016, 07:08 PM
Brian gets my spot blew clutch apart testing this new setup

draggin50
08-12-2016, 08:05 PM
Man that sucks. I guess me and Chad will run one off.

SN95N/A
08-12-2016, 08:34 PM
I took it out tested it pulled hard brought back pulled timing took it out again and clutch come apart think it broke the springs..bummer

redfirepearlgt
08-12-2016, 10:29 PM
So that means I move up to number 3 since I called you out as well, if I understand correctly. Brian and I ran tonight and of course of the three passes I made I had to sleep on this one. He got me by a car and a smidge at the line, but at least I was in his side view mirror. It was a fun pass. I think his son got it on video.

Sorry for your ill fortune Mike. I was looking forward to some fun. We'll do it another night hopefully.

SN95N/A
08-12-2016, 10:34 PM
I get a week lol..I'm kidding you can have it I got new clutch in just have to put tranny back in tomorrow.

redfirepearlgt
08-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Glad you got it ready. Hopefully we get some better air in he next opportunity. Terrible DA.

draggin50
08-13-2016, 12:10 AM
It was a good time. Hardly anyone was there but with the heat and how cloudy it was, its no surprise.

Me and Chad had fun all by ourselves. Our pass was really close. He had me to about the 1/8th. Then I pulled around and start to put some MPH up. Was a blast!

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu339/draggin50/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160813_241233957_zpsghmgkoda.jpg (http://s661.photobucket.com/user/draggin50/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160813_241233957_zpsghmgkoda.jpg.html)

redfirepearlgt
08-13-2016, 07:04 AM
I don't know about being in front at any point, but we were side by side in spite of me being a sleep again......the only poor reaction time of the night. Must be something hypnotic in that paint. That Cobra comes on hard on the big end for sure. There was a little gap, but not much if any. Best fun of the whole night. Thanks for coming down in spite of the bad DA.

NXcoupe
08-13-2016, 08:12 AM
Wow, sorry I missed out on it! After spending 12 hour days the past week in this heat, the thought of doing it all evening just didn't appeal to me. I will be there next time, maybe next week. I thought your car went low 10's Brian? Just the heat messing with it? I'm excited to see so much movement on the list even tho it's so hot out.

redfirepearlgt
08-13-2016, 09:06 AM
Wow, sorry I missed out on it! After spending 12 hour days the past week in this heat, the thought of doing it all evening just didn't appeal to me. I will be there next time, maybe next week. I thought your car went low 10's Brian? Just the heat messing with it? I'm excited to see so much movement on the list even tho it's so hot out.

Pretty certain he just overpowered the track out of the hole. That's what the time slip seems to reveal IMO. The track was not the best at that point. It got a little better for me on my last pass after 9pm 1.65 60ft, but still nothing to write home about. The air was not good even after the sun went down. Seen worse, but not by much.

draggin50
08-13-2016, 10:01 AM
Yeah the track was horrible. My first pass would've been the best but it was loose about 1000' and I let out. Went a 10.79@124 on that one. The heat kills it also. I was packing it with ice all night and the IAT's was still up pretty high.

Hensley32
08-13-2016, 11:07 AM
Track was terrible last night! I was breaking lose 3rd gear almost all night

Hensley32
08-13-2016, 11:18 AM
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah313/hensley369/Mobile%20Uploads/20160813_110933_zpsj9nz8nbl.jpg (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/hensley369/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160813_110933_zpsj9nz8nbl.jpg.html)

SN95N/A
08-13-2016, 11:19 AM
Car gets out of the hole

Hensley32
08-13-2016, 11:20 AM
Car is still redlined way before the 1/4. 28 tires helped alot. Still need a gear change

draggin50
08-13-2016, 11:38 AM
Which car was yours?

Hensley32
08-13-2016, 11:39 AM
91 white fox. Silver hood

draggin50
08-13-2016, 11:43 AM

Yeah just went back and saw that. If I would've remembered, me and Chad would've came over and talked to ya.

Hensley32
08-13-2016, 11:46 AM
Its all good buddy. I saw your guys race. That was the best one of the night!!!

draggin50
08-13-2016, 11:49 AM
It was a close one. I would've had to run him down if he wasn't sleeping on the tree! Between the heat and shitty track, I wasn't getting a good pass in for sure.

Hensley32
08-13-2016, 12:00 PM
We pretty much raced on no prep track. I couldnt keep my car straight to save my life ha

redfirepearlgt
08-13-2016, 12:32 PM

NO head lights?

SN95N/A
08-13-2016, 12:33 PM
Weight reduction

redfirepearlgt
08-13-2016, 12:34 PM
It was a close one. I would've had to run him down if he wasn't sleeping on the tree! Between the heat and shitty track, I wasn't getting a good pass in for sure.

Your just being humble...and meek.

redfirepearlgt
08-13-2016, 12:36 PM
I saw a white one running with a mismatch hood and the headlights out. Was wondering if that may have been you.

- - - Updated - - -

Weight reduction

I removed two NMRA stickers and picked up .003 last night. Brians son said I would run slower removing them LOL!

Hensley32
08-13-2016, 12:37 PM
Yea that was me. Still haven't gotten around to buying headlights. Not until my car can make a full complete pass

Hensley32
08-13-2016, 05:34 PM
Is that time ticket good enough to be on the list? Or do i need to make a call out?

draggin50
08-13-2016, 05:37 PM
That's good for the Dirty Dozen list. For the challenge list, you will need to call someone out and race them.

S281SC
08-13-2016, 05:39 PM
So there are two lists. One is the challenge list the other is the ET list. You should make the ET list with that. Post it over on that thread. The challenge list you have to call a person out to get on it. Please not me! Hahaha!

- - - Updated - - -

You beat me to it Brian.

draggin50
08-13-2016, 05:39 PM
So there are two lists. One is the challenge list the other is the ET list. You should make the ET list with that. Post it over on that thread. The challenge list you have to call a person out to get on it. Please not me! Hahaha!

- - - Updated - - -

You beat me to it Brian.

Haha Sorry!

S281SC
08-13-2016, 05:40 PM
Its all good

Hensley32
08-13-2016, 05:43 PM
No need for sorry. Now i know!

SN95N/A
08-13-2016, 10:32 PM
I'm calling out who ever is above me

2Fast4You
08-13-2016, 11:01 PM
I would be led to believe that Chad is the next individual directly in front of you.

NXcoupe
08-13-2016, 11:04 PM
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah313/hensley369/Mobile%20Uploads/20160813_110933_zpsj9nz8nbl.jpg (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/hensley369/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160813_110933_zpsj9nz8nbl.jpg.html)

Very nice 60'! Work on that 2-3 shift and get that 330 down some and 1/4 time will drop too.

NXcoupe
08-13-2016, 11:09 PM
Yea that was me. Still haven't gotten around to buying headlights. Not until my car can make a full complete pass

Did u call me about headlights? I will have some soon. Replacing the ones in my calypso.

Hensley32
08-14-2016, 10:59 AM
Thank you. The track was rough friday. I was all over the place. An yes i did call about some headlights! If you do change them give me a call

redfirepearlgt
08-14-2016, 07:30 PM
I'm calling out who ever is above me

I would be led to believe that Chad is the next individual directly in front of you.

So are you making that official Mike?

2Fast4You
08-15-2016, 09:34 AM
I'm going to try and be down there Friday if the weather holds out, I want to see some of these races.

redfirepearlgt
08-15-2016, 01:18 PM
high of 86 Friday, 20% chance of rain...may finally be getting some air improvement. Maybe we'll see some big hitters make a showing Friday.

redfirepearlgt
08-16-2016, 03:43 PM
Well Shayne if no one else shows bring yours and we'll line 'em up. Just keep that race car in its lane is all I ask. I'll swing for the fence. Who knows I might even get lucky like NXCOUPE did against Shannon.

NXcoupe
08-17-2016, 08:00 AM
Lol, that wasn't luck, just all skeel.

S281SC
08-17-2016, 08:01 AM
It definitely shook up the list though!!

redfirepearlgt
08-17-2016, 09:02 AM
Haven't heard confirmation back from Mike (SN95N/A) so I am making other plans for this Friday. Can't wait all week for someone to confirm a callout after I acknowledge it. So we can run it next Friday, August 26th weather providing if I can get a confirmation on meeting at Edgewater. Sorry Mike. If that's a problem to the list take my spot. I'll simply take it back next Friday. ;)

SN95N/A
08-17-2016, 10:31 AM
I like the confidence..take it you solved the red light issue:lol:..I'm not taking your spot I think that's soft.we will meet up on the 26th

Hensley32
08-17-2016, 10:33 AM
I will be up at edgewater next friday redfirepearl if you want to run? Need to make my move for the list

redfirepearlgt
08-17-2016, 10:45 AM
I like the confidence..take it you solved the red light issue:lol:..I'm not taking your spot I think that's soft.we will meet up on the 26th

That's the old Mike I remember. Sounds like a plan. Hadn't heard back from you and got an invite to a close friends birthday party so I decided to go that route. Will likely have mine shaft air and be dry all night Friday now. LOL! Anyway, see you at the line next Friday. I'll try not to sleep on the line. Great place for napping btw. LOL!

redfirepearlgt
08-17-2016, 10:50 AM
I will be up at edgewater next friday redfirepearl if you want to run? Need to make my move for the list

Sounds good there. Now if I lose the first challenge to Mike you still want me or do you want Mike?

Hensley32
08-17-2016, 10:53 AM
Ill take the loser of the race hows that? Sound good to you mike?

Hensley32
08-17-2016, 10:55 AM
IF everything goes well an i do win. Ill see if the winner would like to make another pass

SN95N/A
08-17-2016, 10:56 AM
That will be me lol

draggin50
08-17-2016, 11:19 AM

For the ET list, this is where you post the times up. We still don't have a full list which is odd.
http://www.stangbangerz.com/forums/showthread.php?90078-2016-Dirty-Dozen-ET-List

Hensley32
08-17-2016, 12:29 PM
I will post my new times from this coming Saturday for the ET list

SN95N/A
08-17-2016, 02:39 PM
Is this a mustang only list?:rolleyes:

redfirepearlgt
08-17-2016, 06:36 PM
Rules are in the opening of this thread. Run what ya brung, but must be registered and insured. The ET list is Mustang only to preserve the originality out of respect for Vinny5.0 as I understand it.

SN95N/A
08-18-2016, 02:58 PM
Okay I was just curious

redfirepearlgt
08-19-2016, 09:40 AM
Turns out plans may change. I might be down at E20 tonight. Not sure yet. I'll look for you if I make it down. You know where we usually pit at so if you see a white 14 sitting there its me. It's ready.

draggin50
08-19-2016, 11:47 PM
Any updates?

redfirepearlgt
08-20-2016, 07:52 AM
I never saw either person while I was down there. Next week is the official. I just had to make a datalog pass and left. Air wasn't as good as I was hoping. 2800DA

SN95N/A
08-20-2016, 07:53 AM
I was there

redfirepearlgt
08-20-2016, 07:55 AM
What time did you arrive? I was there until 7:45. Never saw a silver edge all the time there.

SN95N/A
08-20-2016, 07:58 AM
About 7:30 ish silver lx

redfirepearlgt
08-20-2016, 09:14 AM
That's why we missed each other then. Had to get home by 830. Was really only there to datalog a tune revision. Of course the first pass was crap; out of the hole spinning and that's the area the tune was focused on. Half hour cool down and hit it again and got a solid pass and headed out. Will C U Friday! If not tomorrow.

S281SC
08-24-2016, 12:38 AM
Are you guys still racing this friday? I may get in on the action. I would Race the loser or winner or both.

redfirepearlgt
08-24-2016, 05:40 AM
I'll be there with bells on. Gates open at 5:30pm. I should be there NLT 6pm.

S281SC
08-24-2016, 07:26 AM
I might be a little later. Closer to 7:30.

redfirepearlgt
08-24-2016, 07:39 AM
Good. Plenty of cool down time.

NXcoupe
08-24-2016, 08:39 AM
I may head down too. Especially if thurs is rained out. If rain chances increase, I'm not wasting time to go down thirs night.

SN95N/A
08-26-2016, 04:56 PM
Drop me off the list,some things came up and I had to sell the car..thanks guys enjoy and be safe.

redfirepearlgt
08-26-2016, 10:57 PM
Sorry to hear that Mike. Was looking forward to it. Held my spot tonight. Ran S281 (Steve) tonight and held my place against him. Jon one of our new members showed up and ran Steve and took the #4 spot which was held by Mike (SN85N/A) until he pulled himself off. Then Jon ran me and I was able to barely eek that pass out with him right on my bumper. Strong running cars for sure. Tommy you should have stayed.

2-Tone
08-27-2016, 09:52 AM
Yes I should have.

THE DOZEN MASTER
08-27-2016, 07:42 PM
I have the #4 spot open for the moment. I need screen names and cars, in order to properly update the list. Help me out here guys as I don't always know folks by their first/last names.

redfirepearlgt
08-27-2016, 07:50 PM
Hensley32 is in the number 4 spot now, but not sure of his setup other than its an all engine Fox hatchback that runs like a raped ape. S1281SC is now 5. redfirepearlgt retained number 3.

THE DOZEN MASTER
08-27-2016, 07:55 PM
Thank you!

Hensley32
08-27-2016, 09:45 PM
Hensley32 (91 hatch 351w)

Hensley32
09-19-2016, 05:39 PM
Hey redfirepearlgt. You gonna be around edgewater this friday?

redfirepearlgt
09-19-2016, 07:14 PM
Uh I believe so. Gotta make a datalog pass on some updates.

Hensley32
09-19-2016, 07:17 PM
Ohh noo! Theres no grabbin data before a race. Thats cheating lol jk man. Im good with that. I havent made a pass in about 3 weeks so ill take a tester myself

redfirepearlgt
09-19-2016, 07:30 PM
I haven't run since we last lined up while dodging thunderstorms. Been tied up. Car hasn't moved in three weeks. See you Friday night.

Hensley32
09-19-2016, 07:31 PM
Sounds good buddy. Ill see you then

2Fast4You
09-19-2016, 10:00 PM
I like the sound of this, it's race time fellas.

draggin50
09-20-2016, 12:59 AM
Says the guy who never brings his car out!!!

Just messing with ya buddy! I know that soccer stuff can consume a couple months pretty quick! Especially when you take up fishing too! Hahaha!!!

2Fast4You
09-20-2016, 03:29 PM
Are you going to be there this Friday Brian by chance?

redfirepearlgt
09-20-2016, 06:36 PM
If you do come down Brian I want a piece of the action! I've got this thing to settle with Hensley first however. LOL!

draggin50
09-21-2016, 01:12 AM
No I wont be able to make it this week. My work load is unreal right now. But on the bright side, They changed my schedule starting Sunday to 2nd shift 4-10's and that gets my Thursday thru Saturday off now atleast for the next 2 months. So next Thursday I will be at Kilkare. See BoostedGT and Kamikaze there and maybe I can make it to Edgewater on Friday since I wont be able to make it to BG.

2Fast4You
09-21-2016, 03:10 PM
Hmm, interesting.

draggin50
09-22-2016, 12:39 AM
Well my schedule change was nixed again. Not sure how it will be affected now. Looking like we may go to 7, 10 hour days for the next few months. I will not be happy about that one bit!

2Fast4You
09-22-2016, 07:59 AM
When was the last time you were at E20 Brian?

redfirepearlgt
09-22-2016, 10:54 AM
Brian and Iran for his #2 spot in August sometime.

draggin50
09-22-2016, 11:41 AM
Yeah August 12th was the last time I was there.

If it was closer, Id be there more often as long as work allowed. Its around an hour and 45 minutes away where as Kilkare is about 45 minutes away. Just sucks that Kilkare told me not to bring it back until I get harnesses and better cage.

2Fast4You
09-22-2016, 01:30 PM
I do remember that race, I was on vacation in Michigan when that took place. Lol