PDA

View Full Version : Obama

Goldenpony
03-18-2016, 12:38 PM
You can't make this stuff up. Obama wants an 18% increase in payments to past presidents (all millionaires no doubt), including himself. I think he put in for an increase last year too.
I sure wouldn't want him to be eating cat food, LOL. :lol: Of course, this would be in addition to all the other perks presidents and their families get.
Did you get an 18% raise this year? I guess mine is in the mail.

redfirepearlgt
03-18-2016, 12:59 PM
It's entitlement. He went to college. He went to a fancy Ivy league college and other prestigious institutions. In spite of claims, he was raised in a well to do environment at a level of comfort much better than the average Stangbanger or American. Like a woman filing for divorce who is "entitled" to be kept at her present comfort level in spite of her income vs. that of her husband, he is therefore similarly entitled to be kept at that same level of comfort after leaving the Whitehouse. Being president aside from being raised better off than the average bear, going to those high browed colleges, and sharing a neighborhood with "big wheels" such as Oprah enhances or rather elevates that entitlement even more so. After all the man is ONLY worth 12.2 million which is pennies compared to his mentor Hillary who is currently worth $41 million. Barry has some catching up to do and tapping into the 12.2M would put a choke hold on attaining wealth. After all like the Clintons he has NEVER, EVER held a real job in the private industry from my findings.

So what's to ponder? LOL!

cstreu1026
03-18-2016, 01:09 PM
The question you should be asking yourself is would you be complaining about it if a republican president was doing the same thing? My guess is no.

04 Venom
03-18-2016, 02:51 PM
The average CEO pay in the US is $13.8 million. The president is paid $400k.

cstreu1026
03-18-2016, 02:54 PM
Makes you wonder why anyone is willing to spend billions to run for office. ;)

redfirepearlgt
03-18-2016, 03:48 PM
The question you should be asking yourself is would you be complaining about it if a republican president was doing the same thing? My guess is no.

Sorry Charlie...I feel the same way whether it be one way or the other. Either way it effect taxes on the American citizen in the long run. The only thing I would support in the line of any pay raise to ANY public servant would be enlisted military ranks. Those men and women do most of the work and get crap for pay. Congress, Senators, Executive, etc. should not be given a salary. It is my opinion elected offices and appointed positions in government weren't meant to be career doors for being millionaires on the backs of US citizens.

redfirepearlgt
03-18-2016, 03:51 PM
The average CEO pay in the US is $13.8 million. The president is paid $400k.

Yip. familiar with that number. So you suggest the president should make 13.8 million per year?

Goldenpony
03-18-2016, 04:47 PM
Absolutely-YES!! Republican or Democrat.

04 Venom
03-18-2016, 05:17 PM
Yip. familiar with that number. So you suggest the president should make 13.8 million per year?

Is that what I said? I have no problem increasing presidential pay by 18% if that is what Obama proposed.

04 Venom
03-18-2016, 06:12 PM
Obama didn't propose increasing presidential pay, but expenses for former presidents. $3.3 million was spent for former presidents this year. Bush 41 was paid nearly $1 million of that. Thus is much ado about nothing.