PDA

View Full Version : Question about selling a car

rtvickers
03-18-2016, 04:49 PM
I have a lot of interest in my car since I've announced that I was interested in selling it. I have someone that has a loan and ready to buy. He's from out of state. How do I go about getting paid without getting scammed? Thanks

chris91
03-18-2016, 06:34 PM
Only out of state transactions I've done have been with cash or a certified check that's been verified by my bank since there are so many scammers out there.

Gearhead
03-18-2016, 06:44 PM
I have a lot of interest in my car since I've announced that I was interested in selling it. I have someone that has a loan and ready to buy. He's from out of state. How do I go about getting paid without getting scammed? Thanks

Are you sure that you really want to sell it ?!
If he has a loan approved, call the bank etc that approved it for him to make sure of all the details....loan amount, loan number, etc. If possible, have the funds wired to your bank account directly from his loan originator. Also, complete all the title paperwork, notarization etc when they pick up the car.

If they want to give you a check, make sure it's a Certified Check or Bank Draft, then contact the bank it was drawn on to make sure it's legit.

You own it outright ? If you do, and don't owe anything on it....I'd think twice about selling. I sold mine back in October, and kinda regretted it. I bought Smyttys about a month after that.

Are you sure that you really want to sell it ??!!! I think prices on 03/04 Cobras are holding nicely.

-Scott

rtvickers
03-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Are you sure that you really want to sell it ?!
If he has a loan approved, call the bank etc that approved it for him to make sure of all the details....loan amount, loan number, etc. If possible, have the funds wired to your bank account directly from his loan originator. Also, complete all the title paperwork, notarization etc when they pick up the car.

If they want to give you a check, make sure it's a Certified Check or Bank Draft, then contact the bank it was drawn on to make sure it's legit.

You own it outright ? If you do, and don't owe anything on it....I'd think twice about selling. I sold mine back in October, and kinda regretted it. I bought Smyttys about a month after that.

Are you sure that you really want to sell it ??!!! I think prices on 03/04 Cobras are holding nicely.

-Scott

Damn you. You sound like her. She spent about 10 minutes telling how stupid I am for even thinking about selling it. Yes it's paid off. I really don't want to sell it but I feel like the extra cash would help me do somethings that need done and still have a nice cushion. Like repair a house and sell it. Empty house needs to go.

PKFIRE
03-18-2016, 07:39 PM
My Whipple!!! Say it ain't so!!