PDA

View Full Version : My New Nitto 555 G2 tires

Goldenpony
04-01-2016, 02:29 PM
My initial thoughts on my new Nitto 555 G2 tires 4/1/2016

Well, I have been driving on these beauties now for a week or so. In short, I am very impressed. The technician that mounted and balanced the tires commented to me that all of the tires took very little weight to balance.
Now, I will state here that I have been a Michelin guy for many years, and the tires that the Nittos replaced were Michelin’s “flagship” tires, Pilot Super Sports. In the back of my mind I figured these new tires would have to be pretty darn good to impress me. Well, I’m impressed. The tires, first off, are very quiet. I don’t remember driving on a performance tire this quiet.
Secondly, they are very smooth. Not only smooth, but the car drives like it’s on rails. Steering and cornering are very predictable. Both at low speeds and higher speeds, the control is great.
I have only driven on wet roads once, but I felt very confident. Trying several “panic stops”, I literally couldn’t make the tires slide. Also, launching on wet road was very good, couldn’t make them spin.
I am looking forward to many thousands of miles on my Nitto 555 G2s.

PKFIRE
04-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Thanks for this write up, my goal is to get new front tires for my Cobra next year and these are what I'm planning on buying.

WCKDGT
04-02-2016, 02:07 AM
I have te new G2's on my 20's and so far they are great

PKFIRE
04-02-2016, 06:18 AM
I have te new G2's on my 20's and so far they are great

Awesome!

redfirepearlgt
04-02-2016, 04:14 PM
good to hear. I have been contemplating the 555G2 or NT05R's for the back of mine. THe 555's are getting old and don't have the adhesion they once had it seems. I was considering the Mich pilots but will now rethink that. Thanks.