PDA

View Full Version : 04 Cobra clutch issue

rtvickers
05-07-2016, 04:52 PM
I got a chance to get under my car today to install the new clutch cable. Everything went well. A lot of adjusting. I don't think the cable was the major issue. It will go into gear and drive. I drove it around the storage facility for about 10 minutes. Going from 1st and 2nd. The pedal feels spongy and the clutch is engaging at different points in the pedal travel. I'm not convinced that it's only a cable. So it's getting a new clutch. I will also be replacing the TOB, pilot, retainer sleeve and putting the stock flywheel back in. Right now it has a steel flywheel. I will send the stock one off and have the center section replaced and use that one. So it's going to be down for awhile. I have the money but it's for something far more important. I just want to give an update. I will give another update when I get it apart and see what's going on inside.

draggin50
05-07-2016, 05:27 PM
I just put the Lethal Performance TOB sleeve in mine a while back along with a OEM TOB. Not to bad to do. You still 10 spline?

redfirepearlgt
05-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Well at least it doesn't sound internal Tommy. Hope its back on the road soon.

rtvickers
05-07-2016, 06:08 PM
I just put the Lethal Performance TOB sleeve in mine a while back along with a OEM TOB. Not to bad to do. You still 10 spline?

No it has the 26 spline. I put a lethal sleeve and the ford TOB in it the last time I did the clutch. I'll replace them with new ones.

rtvickers
05-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Well at least it doesn't sound internal Tommy. Hope its back on the road soon.

Thanks. Everything sounded good and felt good.