PDA

View Full Version : Recaro seats from 2014 Mustang GT

Gearhead
05-15-2016, 08:03 PM
Item: Recaro cloth manual seats from my 2014 Mustang GT
Condition: Excelllent, only 8000 miles when removed, passenger seat only ridden in twice, rear seats have never been sat in
Reason Selling: I ordered this car new with Recaros, but I could never get comfortable in them. Always adjusting the seat up/down/forward/back/etc. I have switched to leather power seats.
Contact info: PM or respond to this post

Price: $1500 OBO.....very open to reasonable offers or if you want to trade low mile leather seats from a 13/14 Mustang, I would possibly be open to that, with some cash on your end. The leather seats I installed were from a 2010...and there are a couple compatibility issues with a 2014.

Thanks
Scott

redfirepearlgt
05-15-2016, 10:46 PM
What do you have Scott? What compatibility issues? I've got Driver powered, and passenger standard in black leather. Car has 4600 miles on it. LET ME KNOW! BTW you can text me I have moved into the 21st century. Chad

WCKDGT
05-15-2016, 10:46 PM
man I want these, but w the baby on the way the wife would kill me

Gearhead
05-16-2016, 06:49 AM
What do you have Scott? What compatibility issues? I've got Driver powered, and passenger standard in black leather. Car has 4600 miles on it. LET ME KNOW! BTW you can text me I have moved into the 21st century. Chad

Chad,
I put 2010 seats in my 2014, and there is a difference in the airbag wiring. So, I have an airbag light now .... I think I can just wire in a resistor that mimics it to fake out the sensor, but then it defeats the airbags . Also, the passenger seat track from the 2010 set I installed is bent, probably from an accident. I got the seats off eBay relatively cheap...now I see why.

13/14 seats have a different resistance in airbag wiring than 2010-2012 seats. I know nothing about electronics, so I'm not sure if I'm really explaining it correctly.

Are you interested in them ? I'd make you a killer deal. I put them up on SVTP, and had some offers but involves me shipping them, which I don't want to do.

-Scott

redfirepearlgt
05-16-2016, 11:28 AM
Not if there are airbag compatibility issues Scott. I will have to pass. DAG! and $^%*()$()#_O)#@_)#@_#(@)&#*(@#@&$^@*&$&*(#&@*#&@*) double dag!!!

exrider416
05-16-2016, 11:38 AM
Not if there are airbag compatibility issues Scott. I will have to pass. DAG! and $^%*()$()#_O)#@_)#@_#(@)&#*(@#@&$^@*&$&*(#&@*#&@*) double dag!!!
Chad,

I think he meant the 2010 seats in his car had a compatibility issue, not that the Recaros would have a compatibility issue in your car. He is wanting your 13/14 seats to get rid of the issue he has with the 2010 seats.

redfirepearlgt
05-16-2016, 01:01 PM
We both have 2014's Dave, so the issue would be the same in both cars I believe. The seats are out of a 2010. plus after reading again I see they are clothe and I prefer not to have clothe recarros.

Gearhead
05-16-2016, 01:40 PM
Just to clarify....I'm selling (or trading) cloth Recaros that are from my 2014 Mustang GT, they will bolt right in to a 13/14 Mustang with no issues whatsoever, all wiring etc hooks up no problem, with no airbag lights etc.

The seats I put in my 2014 Mustang to replace the Recaros are from a 2010 Mustang. I'm having issues with the 2010 seats that are now in my 2014.

Sorry for any confusion !!

redfirepearlgt
05-16-2016, 02:28 PM
Just to clarify....I'm selling (or trading) cloth Recaros that are from my 2014 Mustang GT, they will bolt right in to a 13/14 Mustang with no issues whatsoever, all wiring etc hooks up no problem, with no airbag lights etc.

The seats I put in my 2014 Mustang to replace the Recaros are from a 2010 Mustang. I'm having issues with the 2010 seats that are now in my 2014.

Sorry for any confusion !!

WELLL FRICKIN DUH!!!!! That clarifies my brain fart...that and the lack of hair allowing ultraviolet radiation to enter the void between my ears further minimizing the ability to rationally read and comprehend simple sentence structure. Add to that the continual retreat of my pectoral muscles as they slowly but surely find their way to the belt line of my anatomy and you have the early stages of senility beginning to creep in. But I don't personally believe I am that old yet though my license tells me otherwise. I am old enough however to be rolling 80mph on I275 look in the rear mirror to see a trooper riding my tale expecting to get pulled, and he goes right around me. Must be the gray hair?

Oh, right. Recarros. Sooooooooooooooooo... do you have cloth rear seats that would match the fronts? If so I might.....still be interested......possibly. I'd have to see how comfortable they are and how adjustable they are on the driver side. I think I know where you live by now, so maybe one night I could visit you. I'll give you a holler.

mad max
05-17-2016, 07:49 PM
If chad doesn't take them I'm interested Scott. My seats have higher miles on them though .

redfirepearlgt
05-18-2016, 09:25 AM
text message sent and response received. See ya tomorrow night.