PDA

View Full Version : Eco Boost Mustang in Paradise

Goldenpony
05-30-2016, 04:58 PM
I have owned nothing but Mustang GTs for many years, all with manual shift trannys.

I just returned from 2 weeks on vacation in beautiful Hawaii. While there, I had a rental car, a 2016 Mustang convertible, equipped with a 4 cyl Eco Boost and 6 speed auto tranny with Sport position. I have been shown the light. This car with 310 HP (10 more than my 4.6L) was a blast to drive and still gave me about 24 mpg average on reg. gas. This little car was very quick. I don't know if my '06 GT with a 5 speed could beat it, but if so, it would be damn close. As far as handling, with the IRS and lighter engine up front, this car was really sure footed. If I can ever see my way clear to buy another 'Stang, I think it will be an Eco Boost. I also loved all the electronics bells & whistles it had. It will never sound like a V8, but I could learn to live with that. Aloha!

redfirepearlgt
05-30-2016, 07:07 PM
The Coyote makes 435 in the latest model and gets great MPG as well. I concur that the 6R80 is the only way to go. Stock my 14 (just got it in November) is more comfortable, and more fun than a manual shift car. I'm really not missing the manual shift at all...especially in heavy stop and go traffic. Roll the windows down, turn up the radio and putt along with traffic. No clutch wearing my leg out, no shifting and lugging. Mashing the gas at 55 is a blast as well.

PKFIRE
05-30-2016, 08:22 PM
Chad, I never wanted an automatic Mustang. You been making me start to want one with all your convincing.

PKFIRE
05-30-2016, 08:24 PM
I have owned nothing but Mustang GTs for many years, all with manual shift trannys.

I just returned from 2 weeks on vacation in beautiful Hawaii. While there, I had a rental car, a 2016 Mustang convertible, equipped with a 4 cyl Eco Boost and 6 speed auto tranny with Sport position. I have been shown the light. This car with 310 HP (10 more than my 4.6L) was a blast to drive and still gave me about 24 mpg average on reg. gas. This little car was very quick. I don't know if my '06 GT with a 5 speed could beat it, but if so, it would be damn close. As far as handling, with the IRS and lighter engine up front, this car was really sure footed. If I can ever see my way clear to buy another 'Stang, I think it will be an Eco Boost. I also loved all the electronics bells & whistles it had. It will never sound like a V8, but I could learn to live with that. Aloha!

I really want to drive a eco-boost and a Gt 5.0 back to back. I really like both of these cars.

04 Venom
05-30-2016, 09:54 PM
How does the ecoboost respond to mods?

redfirepearlgt
05-30-2016, 10:22 PM

http://www.svtperformance.com/2016/04/11/feature-2016-ecoboost-mustang-racer/

This might shed some light. I haven't followed them closely but there are lot of aftermarket parts already for the car, not to mention NMRA has an ecoboost class. The guys at Finishline Performance are running one this year. Hopefully it will be at NMRA National Trails in another week.

beefcake
06-04-2016, 01:56 PM
the 6r80 is a great and very capable. we haven't gotten to do much with the eco with getting everything ready for the blue car, but, hoping to have it in the 11s soon with minimal mods

egbertnr
06-06-2016, 07:24 AM

I had a buddy with a 15 EB mustang and just as all of Fords EB vehicles they respond very well to mods especially tune. HE had an e30 tune and had your typical intake and exhaust mods and it was pretty impressive. Having a 2011 EB F150 and formerly having a 2013 Focus ST, I was fully aware of how well the cars would wake up.