PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Twins on the DD

THE DOZEN MASTER
10-18-2016, 08:15 PM
It has been brought up in the Dirty Dozen ET thread so I figured we better get an actual thread going here to discuss everyone's thoughts on allowing Twisted Twins on the Dirty Dozen. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, I'll go with what everyone decides. So give me your thoughts on the subject. I especially want to hear from the guys on the list as this is your list. Thanks.

kennebellcobra
10-18-2016, 08:52 PM
Let him on:bigthumb

chris91
10-18-2016, 09:50 PM
It definitely deserves a spot on the list. Was Vinnys list and there would be nothing cooler than to have his car at the top.

stangfireman
10-19-2016, 12:22 AM
As the owner of TT, I thought I'd share my thoughts. This is y'alls site. You won't hurt my feelings one way or the other. I'll continue to share how she does as long as I own her. I'm pretty far away from the group as well. It would be nice if I could make it up sometime and enjoy a cruise. One day. Put some thought into it and you can take it from there.

Thanks for all that y'all have done!

draggin50
10-19-2016, 12:32 AM
I say put it up. That car has the history of the site behind it. I don't think anyone would disagree.

k062693w
10-19-2016, 08:14 AM
Allow It !!!

THE DOZEN MASTER
10-20-2016, 08:11 PM
Really hoped there would be more responses by now. Will give it another day or two, speak now or forever hold your peace.

S281SC
10-20-2016, 08:18 PM
Many of us newer members dont know the back story. But it seems like there was a reason the stangbangerz feel strongly about this car. It seems it was vinny's and he was the founder of the list. I am sure there is more to it but that may be why not so many have responded. I think that the current list #1 spot (that would be pushed) would be the deciding vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick93coupe
10-20-2016, 08:27 PM
^ That was my only concern. I don't see any problem with him being on the list because of the history, I just wasn't sure how the guys who are local and have been fighting to reach the top feel about being on this years list. Discuss

cstreu1026
10-20-2016, 08:53 PM
I'm all for TT having a spot on the list though.

2Fast4You
10-20-2016, 09:25 PM
I have read the comments in both threads about this concept, I enjoy the fact of knowing that the car is alive and doing well. I'm sure that would make Vinny very proud as well. I just feel that to make this exception this late in the year isn't something we should do, I'm not even sure that we should even change this in the future based on Vinny's original post concerning this list, but that's not my decision ultimately. Who says that we couldn't make a list for distant Mustang Enthusiasts of this nature, just an opinion as a Stangbangerz Member in general.

chris91
10-20-2016, 11:26 PM
If it wasn't for Vinny and TT this site would not be. He didn't just start the list, him and Paul started the whole site we have grown to love so much. It was one of his goals to have it on this list when he completed it. I say the more the merrier. What makes any difference if we let it on this year or the next?

Rick93coupe
10-20-2016, 11:44 PM
If it wasn't for Vinny and TT this site would not be. He didn't just start the list, him and Paul started the whole site we have grown to love so much. It was one of his goals to have it on this list when he completed it. I say the more the merrier. What makes any difference if we let it on this year or the next?

Well from a technical standpoint, there's the running of the dozen that solidifies the list for the year. Also, as I said before, people have worked all year to get and or hold their spots. If you look at the ET the car ran, he would bump the guy from number 1. It doesn't matter to me because I'm not on the list but it's real easy for guys who aren't affected to say let him on, case in point. Did you notice that #1 isn't crazy about being bumped this year? For that, I don't blame him. He probably exceeded his goals and is damn proud of it.
Those are my .02

stangfireman
10-21-2016, 12:02 AM
I just came up with an idea. How about an honorable mention in honor of Vinny, but no need to be a spot on the list. That way it doesn't interfere with the list you've had all year.

Kwik92GT
10-21-2016, 12:02 AM
I'm torn. I'd love to see TT on the list. Todd has done a ton of work to her, and he's finally seeing the fruits of his labor, which I'm sure has Vinny smiling. I know that the guys currently on the list have all put in their own blood, sweat, and tears as well, to get where they are at. I don't want them to feel slighted in any way, as they have kept the list going, and have brought it back to respectability from where it was a couple of years ago.

It's a tough call. It will be hard to get the guys that don't know the complete story of this site, the DD list, TT, and Vinny, to understand why some of us would want to see this car on the list so badly. I lean towards allowing TT on the list, but I'd want the guys on the list, especially those at the top or even the #12 spot, to be completely OK with it and not have any issues with making an exception for this particular car.

Kwik92GT
10-21-2016, 12:12 AM
I just came up with an idea. How about an honorable mention in honor of Vinny, but no need to be a spot on the list. That way it doesn't interfere with the list you've had all year.

Could work for this year and then make an exception for TT to be on the actual list next year?

Rick93coupe
10-21-2016, 12:20 AM

Just so you know, I'm 100% for you and the car being on the list. To me it's just the timing of it all. Next year I'm going to bust your ass though, lol.

stangfireman
10-21-2016, 01:02 AM
Just so you know, I'm 100% for you and the car being on the list. To me it's just the timing of it all. Next year I'm going to bust your ass though, lol.

I'm down for that LOL

chris91
10-21-2016, 01:09 AM
but it's real easy for guys who aren't affected to say let him on

No, it's real easy to say the car that started it all should be allowed on the list. Wouldn't matter if I had the number one spot or not. I'd be more than willing to step down a spot just outta respect for Vinny. It's not like the #1 spot on the list gets money, sponsors or anything special other than saying they had the spot and a sticker. I mean if everyone on the site posted their numbers the number one spot would be different anyway.

I hate to bring it up but you're saying it's too late in the game yet on the Challenge list someone that hasn't been on the site in a very long time comes and gets on that list, bumping someone a spot without any questions so what's the difference here?

draggin50
10-21-2016, 03:08 AM

This right here... If I was #1 you could have my spot.

NXcoupe
10-21-2016, 09:15 AM
Lots of good points here. I like the idea of an honorary spot for this year and then possibly an exception for next year. This is y'alls board, I just took the responsibility of ownership simply so it wouldn't disappear as vinny and this site mean a lot to me. But end of the day I try to do what is best for our board. Beed to hear more comments.

k062693w
10-21-2016, 09:18 AM
No, it's real easy to say the car that started it all should be allowed on the list. Wouldn't matter if I had the number one spot or not. I'd be more than willing to step down a spot just outta respect for Vinny. It's not like the #1 spot on the list gets money, sponsors or anything special other than saying they had the spot and a sticker. I mean if everyone on the site posted their numbers the number one spot would be different anyway.

I hate to bring it up but you're saying it's too late in the game yet on the Challenge list someone that hasn't been on the site in a very long time comes and gets on that list, bumping someone a spot without any questions so what's the difference here?

Bingo ...

2Fast4You
10-21-2016, 09:24 AM

I voiced my opinion about this as well, I didn't get the final say obviously!

kennebellcobra
10-21-2016, 10:50 AM
Nick met all the rules and has been a member longer than 99% of the members, including me. He just recently finished his car and I invited him. I thought the shootout was to get more people racing:confused:

Funny thing is, he told me he's been off forums for a while cause he didn't care for all the drama.:lol:

draggin50
10-21-2016, 11:15 AM
Nick met all the rules and has been a member longer than 99% of the members, including me. He just recently finished his car and I invited him. I thought the shootout was to get more people racing:confused:

Funny thing is, he told me he's been off forums for a while cause he didn't care for all the drama.:lol:

That's what drives people away.

And the whole point is to bring people back to the board. If it continues to go the way it has in the past couple years, we will loose more of the older members and gain only a couple new. That's not the direction Id like to see it go. This is supposed to be fun but people take things a little to serious. We didn't have anything but the list originally and no racing to bring people together other than some test n tunes. That wasn't much fun and there wasn't any incentive to really get out and enjoy what we could.

S281SC
10-21-2016, 11:30 AM
Nick also came out and raced with us, while a bunch of others did not show up. Also he raced at the local track which is specifically called out in the rules. I will be honest. I care more about my position on the challenge list than the ET list because i enjoy the competition and camaraderie that comes with meeting someone at the track and racing heads up. I dont get to see a car from oklahoma in person and i have never met its driver. As a guy not emotionally tied to TT that is how i see it. My kids really enjoyed playing and drawing with shayne's and Todd's (cyah) kids. I have been able to get to know chad, tommy and shannon. Mike introduced me and is always nice to have him out there. I introduced jon(hensley92) because it is so fun to come out and run with guys you know instead of standing in a line at the track just waiting to run. This is the part that makes our list special and why we have traditionally not allowed remote users to be on it. At least that is how it was introduced to me. It does seem like people that are not on the list itself have stronger opinions about TT being on the list than the guys that come out and run the list. I am ok with whatever is decided because i am more focused on the challenge list and he would just be bumping me on the ET list.

gzbs197
10-21-2016, 11:39 AM
Well speaking as a new member - I didn't know anything about this forum until talking to 2 guys at Kilkare one weekend racing. So if you want to draw in more members then perhaps taking a page from a group I saw at Muncie would work . I went to Muncie Friday Night Heads Up event and there was a group called Team260 Racing there. ( http://www.imgrum.net/tag/team260) They had a members meeting at the event. They all had on shirts and stickers on cars and were pitted together. They talked to people they knew were there for the first time and welcomed them out.

That is how your going to get new members - someone(s) needs to be an ambassador(s) for the group at events and solicit people to join if that is the intent. Several of us participate in NMRA so we would need to see about coordinating that more when we go to events. Racing on Saturday's and Sunday's at E20 / Kilkare / NT / where ever with people as a group as well.

I am not on the Challenge DD List but imo putting a car at #1 where the #1 will never have a chance to run it goes against the spirit of the list. Put the TT as the #1 on the ET list - that I am fine with as he has video and a time slip to prove it.

Just my opinion as a new member looking in.

stangfireman
10-21-2016, 12:09 PM
By no means would I feel comfortable being on the challenge list as stated above, I'm not there to make a challenge. Honorable mention I feel is the best solution. Now if I come into town, I'd like to run the list racers but no need to be on the challenge list as well.
Also, the rules do state that basically the track needs to be up there. So stick with the rules and let's move on.

Ackbar00
10-21-2016, 03:20 PM
I remember a time when people where real "fucking assholes / douche bags / fuck faces / hypocrites / fucktards" about the "requirements" to be on the dozen. Speaking from experience.

S281SC
10-21-2016, 04:52 PM
I want to say so many things... we were having an intelligent discussion until this...

redfirepearlgt
10-22-2016, 08:10 AM
The car is the reason this site exists. It meets rule requirements to be on the ET list. Therefore it should be.

Ackbar00
10-22-2016, 11:02 AM
I want to say so many things... we were having an intelligent discussion until this...

Truth hurts, I know. Sucks.

Ackbar00
10-22-2016, 11:03 AM
The car is the reason this site exists. It meets rule requirements to be on the ET list. Therefore it should be.

Has it been to an "official" Stangbangerz cruise? Ask my why this is important to be on the list....

stangfireman
10-22-2016, 11:49 AM
Forget it was brought up. Can someone delete this? No need for further discussion. Doesn't fit the rules. End of story.

Kwik92GT
10-22-2016, 12:06 PM
I remember a time when people where real "fucking assholes / douche bags / fuck faces / hypocrites / fucktards" about the "requirements" to be on the dozen. Speaking from experience.

That's old news. That is not the case now, so how about we just leave all that where it belongs, in the past?

Kwik92GT
10-22-2016, 12:12 PM
Has it been to an "official" Stangbangerz cruise? Ask my why this is important to be on the list....

1) A Ford-powered Mustang/Capri with current registration, tags, and insurance.

Easy enough. All 3 of these items will be checked before the final 12 are decided. No dealer tags, tags from your buddy, or any car other than yours. Tags/registration must match car in question. Owner may have help building his/her car, but they, the OWNER will race it. No hired shoes to race for them.

2) Be an active member on this site.

You don't have to be a post whore. Just show up at some events, participate in the forums, help others build their rides, etc.. There's no membership fees, it's all free. This is just so somebody in another locale doesn't pop up on the site, post a number and expect to become part of the list. Stangbangerz is more than a message board. Its a close knit group of enthusiasts that happen to drive Mustangs. Hell, some of us have other rides/interests too, if you think of this small little section of the net as a message board only, well, you're wrong.

3) Break Rule/No Longer Own Car

If you break (have a catastrophic failure of some sort, like blowing your engine up) post up that you have done so and need to be removed from the list. This also applies if you sell your car.

The Dirty Dozen has always been on the "Honor System." When you break or sell your Stang, you are SUPPOSE to post it up so you can be removed from the list and give your fellow Stangbangerz the oppurtunity to join the list. If you've got a catastrophic failure or sell your car just post up that you've done so. Please don't let us have to find out through the "grapevine." It may end up causing permanent loss of participation on the list.

4) Local Tracks

Runs must be made at a local T&T at Edgewater, Kil-Kare or Tri-State with at least one fellow SBZ member witnessing them (these are our local tracks). Times ran at NMRA Norwalk, National Trail, or Bowling Green will also be eligible but will still need at least one SBZ member as a witness.

Cutoff Date

The cutoff date for having your time count for The Dozen will be when the last of the local tracks closes for the year.

Posts originally posted by vinny5oh, and still apply.

The intent of the Dozen is to see who has the 12 fastest street legal Mustangs (or Capris ) in the area. Don't make it a bigger deal than it needs to be. Unless we decide to take it to the next level, we're not going to worry about a bunch of rules, who's car is more streetable, blah, blah. Get your asses out there, have some fun, run whatcha brung and hope you brought enough. The end.

Remember kids, this is for fun, bragging rights and a decal....nothing more. No big money prizes, no sponsorship deals, no trophies....just some good ole boys bringing out their cars and putting a beating on 1320 feet of tarmac!

The "rules" are posted. I really don't want to get very strict on them. I tried keeping them loose enough so any local Stangbanger could get in on it at anytime.

DOT tires will not be required. Mufflers for turbo combinations will no longer be required.

There will be events, get-togethers, cruises, etc., planned throughout the year, get out to them and have some FUN. We will be trying to have a special Running of The Dozen towards the end of the year to hopefully get the whole list out there tearing it up! When something becomes official we'll let you know ASAP so there will be plenty of time to make plans to attend. It's not going to be a mandatory event but would love to see as many peeps out there as possible representing Stangbangerz. POST UP YOUR TIMES!! Post your time slips, pictures, videos, etc., we want to see it all! It's not a requirement but it makes all of this that much better! This is YOUR list folks. Lets do Vinny proud and fill this thing up with a bunch of great racing and good times. Last year was a very good rebound year for The Dozen, let's make it even better in 2016! Thanks for reading, hope to see you all out on the 1320.

-DM

That is no longer a requirement.

Kwik92GT
10-22-2016, 12:23 PM
Forget it was brought up. Can someone delete this? No need for further discussion. Doesn't fit the rules. End of story.

Not the end of the story. This was brought up for a discussion and that was happening until the troll came in. We will continue to get opinions through the weekend and make a decision next week.

Mista Bone
10-22-2016, 03:08 PM
TT needs a honorable mention award for finally getting done what Vinny was trying to finish, then Craig and crew trying to sort it out before the sale. Also that "special award" could be awarded each year by a vote somehow. Maybe by the people who posted times, or just by the Dirty Dozen qualifiers.

Dare we call it a "Vinny"....???

Kwik92GT
10-22-2016, 06:39 PM
TT needs a honorable mention award for finally getting done what Vinny was trying to finish, then Craig and crew trying to sort it out before the sale. Also that "special award" could be awarded each year by a vote somehow. Maybe by the people who posted times, or just by the Dirty Dozen qualifiers.

Dare we call it a "Vinny"....???

I REALLY like that idea Mista.

redfirepearlgt
10-22-2016, 09:06 PM

Very valid point. Your argument further supports a permanent honorary position then? That is very considerate. I like that as well the more I think of it as others have also mentioned. You're one smart cucumber to have pointed that out. Thanks for your insight. I was thinking that it would have made it more sporting being he met the rules. But you are correct. And many others also agree. Well done. I concur. MAKE TT HONORARY ON THE ET LIST IN TRIBUTE TO VINNY AND IN THANKS TO STANGFIREMAN KEEPING TT ALIVE AND WELL.

Ackbar00 I am so glad you pointed that out. Thank you.

S281SC
10-22-2016, 09:19 PM
I do like the "vinny..." award concept. Voted by the list but not necessarily the fastest car or maybe one that is not even on the list. I was talking to another member last night and another original member's car (two tone fox body) is now in texas making some pretty sweet power and putting down some impressive times. It would give us a chance to honor our "roots". I like it!!

cyah92
10-23-2016, 11:57 AM
Rules are rules.

stangfireman
10-23-2016, 02:21 PM
On a side note, TT ran a best of a 5.43@131.5 yesterday. But I hurt something. Always something. LOL

Mista Bone
10-23-2016, 04:25 PM
I do like the "vinny..." award concept. Voted by the list but not necessarily the fastest car or maybe one that is not even on the list. I was talking to another member last night and another original member's car (two tone fox body) is now in texas making some pretty sweet power and putting down some impressive times. It would give us a chance to honor our "roots". I like it!!

My son still talks about Vinny, maybe only met him three times at meets, including the first meet at Hooters when I'd just bought the Trans Am. Will never forget that impression....and he might have had a crush on Holly :)

NXcoupe
10-28-2016, 04:01 PM
Ok. Make him honorary on the dd list started by vinny. If he ever comes this way to race, he can make it on the main list or even the challenge list. That good for everyone?

redfirepearlgt
10-28-2016, 07:43 PM
Works for me boss...

Kwik92GT
10-29-2016, 12:03 AM
Honorary this year. Rules should reflect next year that the car will have whatever spot it earns from here on out. Vinny started this site, he created the DD, he was building TT for this list (and True Street). You've kept this site alive Mike and a lot of us appreciate it, but this is Vinny's creation, and his car. It should always have a spot on the DD ET list regardless of where it's located. If Todd decides to come and run for spots on The Challenge list then that would be awesome too.

draggin50
10-29-2016, 12:38 AM
I like this^^^

Mista Bone
10-29-2016, 03:01 PM
+ Juan