PDA

View Full Version : Montgomery Inn Boathouse

Goldenpony
03-05-2017, 12:40 PM
Went there for dinner yesterday. It was my wife's folks 60th anniversary as well as my wife's and mine 30th anniversary. My brother in law made reservations 3 weeks ago. He specifically asked for a nice window seat.
When we got there, they did seat us by a window, but clear back in a corner with not much of a view. There were people walking in that got better seats.
I have been going to Montgomery Inn for many, many years. I can tell you this, the ribs are NOT what they used to be. We have found that ribs at Butterbees in Milford are much better than MI.
The ribs were just OK. The baked potatoes, while good were stone cold-they wouldn't even melt butter.
The only good part of the experience, the waitress was first class. She had a great personality and was attentive.
All in all, a disappointing experience. It certainly didn't add to our celebration.
I know I don't plan to go back any time soon. Sad, MI is a Cincinnati institution, but not what it used to be- and certainly not worth what they charge. Ted Gregory is rolling over in his grave.

redfirepearlgt
03-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Have never found MI ribs to be anything worth bragging about. I've had much better ribs at Kriemers Bier Haus in Miamitown on 128 just off I-74...and excellent service. They have some nice views as well as the place sits along the Great Miami River.

Walter
03-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Have never found MI ribs to be anything worth bragging about. I've had much better ribs at Kriemers Bier Haus in Miamitown on 128 just off I-74...and excellent service. They have some nice views as well as the place sits along the Great Miami River.

MI ribs suck. Thier BBQ sauce aint shit either. Now Bier Haus is really good. The pork chops are serious biz.

Blkcobra01
03-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Sucks to hear op. I haven't been in a couple years but always enjoyed the view and food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redfirepearlgt
03-05-2017, 04:01 PM
Sucks to hear op. I haven't been in a couple years but always enjoyed the view and food.

Want a nice view? Try The Celestial in Mount Adams. They have a 16 oz Filet that will melt in you mouth.

Blkcobra01
03-05-2017, 04:07 PM
Want a nice view? Try The Celestial in Mount Adams. They have a 16 oz Filet that will melt in you mouth.

Will have to sometime. Haven't been down south past traders world in a year.

cstreu1026
03-06-2017, 12:03 AM
I've never been a fan of the boat house. I much prefer the Montgomery location for once in a great while when their ribs sound good. For my money they don't compare to Bullwinkle's in Miamisburg.

Goldenpony
03-06-2017, 06:18 AM
Yes, Celestial has a nice view, but the best I've seen in Cincinnati is Primavista. Breathtaking, and the food is great too.

redfirepearlgt
03-06-2017, 06:35 AM
Yes, Celestial has a nice view, but the best I've seen in Cincinnati is Primavista. Breathtaking, and the food is great too.

Prima vista is C+ in food quality in my opinion. Eaten much better food at Barresi's. Food quality there makes up forthe lack of view.

Pops Fun
03-06-2017, 07:08 AM
Prima vista is C+ in food quality in my opinion. Eaten much better food at Barresi's. Food quality there makes up forthe lack of view.

Barresi's is good eating, no doubt and I can walk there ......lol
M0ngomery Inn is ok. I was there a couple years ago and it was good. Of course who your with and service has a lot to do with an enjoyable experience. :)
Really enjoyed the Celestral, only been there once, it was great.
For a view I go to the Radisson revolving restaurant around sunset. i was there about a year ago food was good, but expensive. Oh well!!

A gadzillion restaurants..... I use groupon coupons a lot and it takes me to a lot of different places... gangster piano bar in newport decent food great time with piano players, a small place in newport, can't pull out name, maybe York street ?? but great food and dessert was wonderful.

redfirepearlgt
03-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Carlo and Johnny's for the best steak in Cincinnati...but make sure you bring your major credit card, or at least take a second out on the house. AS far as view? You won't need one. The place has ambience AND food that will make you forget about a view.

Goldenpony
03-31-2017, 11:32 PM
If I want a GREAT steak, I go to Ruth's Chris. If I want a really good steak without breaking the bank I go to Lonestar off Fields-Ertle road. Really hard to beat for the price. Damn, now I'm hungry!

adragon72
04-01-2017, 11:56 AM
We go to the boat house when entertaining clients. I have never understood the reviews that they get. I have eaten there multiple times and have yet to get a good meal.

Its really a shame how these high end places have started to serve sub par meals and get away with it.

The owner of company I work for lived in the queens tower years ago and always raved about the Prima vista. We went to try it out with another couple and the best thing about out experience was all the wine that we drank to force the food down.

redfirepearlgt
04-01-2017, 02:33 PM
We go to the boat house when entertaining clients. I have never understood the reviews that they get. I have eaten there multiple times and have yet to get a good meal.

Its really a shame how these high end places have started to serve sub par meals and get away with it.

The owner of company I work for lived in the queens tower years ago and always raved about the Prima vista. We went to try it out with another couple and the best thing about out experience was all the wine that we drank to force the food down.

Truly a man with as distinguished a pallet as mine. I could not agree more.

cstreu1026
04-02-2017, 10:51 PM
I don't care for Ruby's places either. It's not the food or service which are always good but I can't stand him.

Goldenpony
04-03-2017, 06:10 PM
I've been to the Precinct twice and had mediocre steaks both times. At those prices, two strikes you're out.

1baddlx
04-03-2017, 09:24 PM
Go for a mustang cruise or corvette cruise to portsmouth, ohio. The Scioto Ribber...best steak period!

Mista Bone
04-04-2017, 01:06 AM
Never understood the fascination with Montgomery Inn ribs. The place does have history, but the sauce was just meh and that was 30+ years ago.

Then again I was cooking more ribs in a week than a person would eat in their lifetime. I was also taking the leftover "butt cuts" from the Prime Rib banquets and making them into what most people call "burnt ends" before I even knew what they were.

"succulent BBQ ribs"

https://books.google.com/books?id=TR8DAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA77&lpg=PA77&dq=Sheri%27s+Springdale+BBQ+ribs&source=bl&ots=yZmgK4yVsN&sig=R8gZaLKF5cxDOD4zLmNRdg7kfSg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi3xuX7hYrTAhUIyoMKHS3kAfYQ6AEINTAE#v=on epage&q=Sheri's%20Springdale%20BBQ%20ribs&f=false

Goldenpony
04-04-2017, 10:24 PM
Got to disagree with you on The Ribber. Went there years ago on recommendation of some work buddies. Service was absolutely nonexistent. The steak, probably the worst I ever had in my life. My wife had ribs and they were so bad she couldn't eat them, all fat and bone. An absolutely horror show experience. Never, ever again. :barf:

Pops Fun
04-05-2017, 05:51 AM
I agree, One of the best steaks in Ohio. Love there ribeye.

Goldenpony
04-05-2017, 12:53 PM
Where?

1baddlx
04-05-2017, 08:55 PM
Got to disagree with you on The Ribber. Went there years ago on recommendation of some work buddies. Service was absolutely nonexistent. The steak, probably the worst I ever had in my life. My wife had ribs and they were so bad she couldn't eat them, all fat and bone. An absolutely horror show experience. Never, ever again. :barf:

Your the first ever to say that,try golden corral

Goldenpony
04-06-2017, 09:57 AM
No thanks. I'll stay with Lone Star.

redfirepearlgt
04-06-2017, 10:00 AM
Go for a mustang cruise or corvette cruise to portsmouth, ohio. The Scioto Ribber...best steak period!

Nope.........Neeeeevvvver heard of it.

Goldenpony
04-06-2017, 08:55 PM
^There's a reason for that^

1baddlx
04-07-2017, 01:28 PM
Nope.........Neeeeevvvver heard of it.
Your a hillbilly

- - - Updated - - -

^There's a reason for that^

They didn't like your funny hair so they decided to give you a bad steat so you'd stay away

Goldenpony
04-07-2017, 06:28 PM
It worked

Blkcobra01
04-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Your a hillbilly

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't like your funny hair so they decided to give you a bad steat so you'd stay away

First off it's You're. Second it's Steak not steat. Hookd on phonics worked for me.

redfirepearlgt
04-07-2017, 11:42 PM
Your a hillbilly

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't like your funny hair so they decided to give you a bad seat so you'd stay away

I'm not sure but I think that was an attempt at insults......yes I believe those were insults. Gee my feelings have been chaffed slightly....ROFL!

Blkcobra01
04-08-2017, 12:58 PM
I'm not sure but I think that was an attempt at insults......yes I believe those were insults. Gee my feelings have been chaffed slightly....ROFL!

He is probably still butt hurt Hillary lost.

redfirepearlgt
04-08-2017, 01:36 PM
He is probably still butt hurt Hillary lost.

His Committeeman told him Ribbers was a good place. That made the place golden. Thus rejection is a larger pill to swallow. Oh I am killing myself....LOL!

1baddlx
04-10-2017, 12:14 PM
The Scioto Ribber is still a great place to eat no matter what you guys say...

Goldenpony
04-10-2017, 12:50 PM
Everybody has their favorites. If you like The Ribber, enjoy. I'm sure there other things we can agree on.

slow86fiveoh
04-10-2017, 06:30 PM
I've been going to the ribber for a few years and every time I have been the steaks are tender and juicy and service has always been good, there has to be a reason if you get there after around 5:30 it takes 1-2 hours to get a seat

Goldenpony
04-10-2017, 07:54 PM
You can have my seat.

1baddlx
04-10-2017, 10:26 PM
First off it's You're. Second it's Steak not steat. Hookd on phonics worked for me.

Sorry for the spelling, I have big hands and a smartphone, someday you'll meet them,I usually spell good,I was half asleep when I replied...as far as hillary goes I didn't vote due to there really wasn't a good selection to choose from,voting just to be voting is as bad as or worse than not voting at all.I know nothing about politics ..had fun with you phucks though...