PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of the shootout and the challenge list in general?

NXcoupe
11-08-2017, 04:49 PM
For this past year?

cyah92
11-08-2017, 07:23 PM
The last shootout was pretty good. I liked how most of the races was very close.

draggin50
11-08-2017, 07:35 PM
The final shoot out is always a blast. Its so hard to get everyone together each week so we can do it more often. Id like to see a few happen at Kilkare too.

Walter
11-08-2017, 08:48 PM
Seems kind of willy nilly that anyone can be called out. If its gonna stay like that, ranking makes no sense. Should just keep an individual record for the season. Like 8 wins/2 losses, then rank based upon win percentage taking into consideration the total number of races. That way everyone has a shot. Not just race cars.

redfirepearlgt
11-08-2017, 09:33 PM
The final shoot out is always a blast. Its so hard to get everyone together each week so we can do it more often. Id like to see a few happen at Kilkare too.

It would be nice to have one of these at KK. Too bad they treat street cars so poorly there for open TT events. After my one and only experience two years ago I would never go back there for an open TT event again.

S281SC
11-08-2017, 09:33 PM
I think that there should be some limit to how far above current position you can call out. And maybe the 12 spot should be the gatekeeper. Anyone wanting on the list should have to beat #12. Or we just go to the one spot at a time concept. It seems like the list currently has guys that are running their cars most weeks somewhere so it should not be as difficult to make it happen. And maybe the final running could be a day where we run a tournament style using the list place as the seeds and final winner gets the purse. Like a cash days on the street outlaws. Only for $20 to run per person or something. Could be interesting. But the reality is it was fun and if it stays as it was i will continue to enjoy it. Thanks for organizing this. It is the most enjoyable racing i get to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redfirepearlgt
11-08-2017, 11:20 PM
A final run for the dough is a nice idea. This may provoke more interest AND movement within the list as well.

draggin50
11-09-2017, 05:48 AM
Then we can take the money from Shayne!!!!

2Fast4You
11-09-2017, 08:47 AM
Thanks for looking out for me buddy... Lol

gzbs197
11-09-2017, 09:21 AM
I agree with the concept of #12 being the gatekeeper. I also like the concept of the final run being a tournament style with a prize at the end. Having it at KK would be great for me as well since it is a closer drive. I heard a rumor that Thursday night lights will be starting back up there in 2018.

I wish the KK TnT's were giving more than 3 runs to Street cars for sure. Or there is always Mexico!!! :)

redfirepearlgt
11-09-2017, 09:48 AM
The idea of calling out whoever and wherever on the list was originally conceived to generate movement within the list as I recall. I see no reason to mess with this. It shakes up the list and minimizes blocking of positions like you see happen on Street Outlaws at times. So two things happen. #1 the guy not on the list making the call out wins, moving the list from the spot down a notch. This bumps the #12 guy and forces him/her to make a decision to make a call out or stay off the list. Much better creation of activity than having a gate keeper concept that requires a person to beat the #12 spot before being able to call out someone.

I think there should be something done about people who get on the list and then refuse to take themselves off when they are broken or no longer active. A failure to appear by a new comer (happened to me at least twice in 2016) calling out a person to get on the list should lose that right after so many no shows. An on deck list of 2-3 for over flow of people holding the 12 spot and are bumped can be brought back on the list immediately if such a situation takes place. After all it should be the broken down vehicle unable to defend that gets penalized not the person who was bumped simply because a broken car higher on the list held a spot until someone called them out and they conceded. Hope that makes sense.

Call outs should be made officially public throughout the year on the website. Last minute callouts by some on looker on any given night who has been sitting back stalking should not be considered official. That call out if the placeholder wishes to honor it must then be made for another night and also be made officially on the website. I had a member try to call me out several years ago who is seldom if ever seen on the site after i had already made 2 or 3 runs on the list that night. I refused to run him. Ain't got the balls to call a person out publicly then you have no place on the list. That's how I see it.

Last - ON more than one occasion I have been called out, I have showed up, only to have the person calling me out not show. I will no longer accept callouts made by people who are no-shows who have no respect to call/text/post prior to knowing they won't be coming. A breakdown the day of on the way is the exception to that statement. I respect and understand that. But just to decide not to show after making the call out only to arrive and the person not be there is BS and inconsiderate regardless of the reason.

gzbs197
11-09-2017, 10:04 AM
I think to have the list generate more activity it would need to have a regularly scheduled shootout either monthly or bi monthly perhaps? I know that would be a scheduling nightmare at times since you have NMRA and other series that people race in but that would seem to be the best way to generate activity and interest to me.

I prefer racing at Muncie on Fridays due to the track is better and the chance at winning $400 in the Heads up Index's but they are looking to move that to Saturday's I think in 2018 to get more people to come so that opens up Friday's for me.

I agree that people not taking themselves off the list due to inactivity or breakage needs to be addressed and having a regular scheduled list night would fix that along with no shows.

And yes having the call out's on the site does promote interest as well. Perhaps we need to step up the game a bit too and have someone film the process and post it? That would help as well potentially. Just some ideas while I sit here at work bored on my early morning conference call .

redfirepearlgt
11-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Yes a bimonthly or at least mid season meeting of the list and those seeking to get on it would be a good idea if it could be handled accordingly in addition to the final run shakeup.

S281SC
11-09-2017, 01:11 PM
My reason for the one spot per challenge is it gives incentive to race through the year not just call out somebody on the final running. It gives no value to racing throughout the year. The point should be to get together more often. So my vote would be one spot per challenge and having a kick off running with everybody and a mid year running.

But i would like to reiterate that i enjoy it as is and will continue to race. I would like more people coming out to join when we do.

draggin50
11-09-2017, 08:34 PM
I would like to see a few shoot outs through out the year. Even if just 3. But still, that would keep the same 8 people showing up. Even then, its still a good time.

Im all for throwing a 20 in a pot and having a run for it. Shayne wont be able to win them all!!! The track is the deciding factor as we saw even though it came back around later in the day.

As much as I like the track (surface) at Kil-Kare, we could never get one off there like we did at Edgewater. We did one there and it wasn't bad but the car count was lower. Trying it later in the summer would surely prove to be a disaster as Chad knows. Plus there is no tree's, no shade, and they cater to the bracket cars. We have the perfect spot at Edgewater really. Keeps us all close.

We just need to keep at it, try to draw in more people, and race! Those that didn't make it out all year, shouldn't be on the list. Nothing against anyone but its just sitting stagnant.

redfirepearlgt
11-09-2017, 10:39 PM
Maybe with a 20 spot per person in the til providing a 1st and runner up pot would draw people to come out. Money has an effect on events in that way.

I sure wish Tristate would have come back to life. That was a great place for events like this. I just hated that grassy center which I had the unfortunate privilege of getting into once when I got lose there. But no reason on talking about what could've been or wishing for what could be.

I'm just happy we all left last Saturday with running cars and on our own heartbeats.

adragon72
11-13-2017, 08:36 AM
I like this seems odd to come in mid to late season and call out just anyone.

If your going to leave it the same maybe add that any newcomers have to call out number 12 for there first race. Then they can call out any spot. (I think my first call out was for 8)

As for spot blocking that seems simple don't allow it. If you call out some one and they can/wont race that weekend they loose there spot. weather permitting of course.

I hope to have my crap lined out for next season! I was so pissed to not make this final day! Damn exhaust leaks I think I have the issue figured out now too long of exhaust bolts with my turbo kit.

When does the next season start march?

My reason for the one spot per challenge is it gives incentive to race through the year not just call out somebody on the final running. It gives no value to racing throughout the year. The point should be to get together more often. So my vote would be one spot per challenge and having a kick off running with everybody and a mid year running.

But i would like to reiterate that i enjoy it as is and will continue to race. I would like more people coming out to join when we do.

draggin50
11-13-2017, 06:27 PM
Starts as soon as the tracks open back up. Gonna be a long winter...

2Fast4You
11-13-2017, 07:54 PM
My car is already under new construction, this winter will be busy. Lol

S281SC
11-13-2017, 09:14 PM
My car is already under new construction, this winter will be busy. Lol

Was there anything you found that caused your sharp left turn at the 100’ mark? Or do you think just damp cold track?

2Fast4You
11-14-2017, 10:26 AM
It was a track issue, not the car.

S281SC
11-14-2017, 12:31 PM
Glad to hear. Maybe chad can rest better knowing the caterpillar is not still chasing him....

NXcoupe
11-14-2017, 01:52 PM
It was an operator issue, not the car.
Fixed it for you. Lol

redfirepearlgt
11-14-2017, 02:42 PM
It was a track issue, not the car.

It's always the track's fault. LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Glad to hear. Maybe chad can rest better knowing the caterpillar is not still chasing him....

Yes the night terror has subsided..........................some. It's more like a calico gray moth now.

2Fast4You
11-14-2017, 04:55 PM
I keep hearing the mention of a race car, who had the race car down there?

redfirepearlgt
11-14-2017, 06:48 PM
I keep hearing the mention of a race car, who had the race car down there?

Well lets just run down the list"

Tags? no
Registration? no
Liability Insurance? no
Fully functioning headlights w/markers, turn signals, parking lamps, tail lights, brake lights, reverse lights, license plate lights? no, no ,no. no .no and NO!
Street legal tires? no
Interior...a REAL interior? NO
Capable of traveling further than 15 miles on a tank of fuel? NO
heater? NO
radio? no
windshield wipers that function? no
functioning horn? NO
Front window defroster? no

Otherwise yeah, its a street car. :rolleyes:

2Fast4You
11-14-2017, 08:08 PM
That stuff is over rated...

gzbs197
11-14-2017, 08:15 PM
If you would have had turn signals you could have signaled your intention to pass him on the left at the shootout!! LOL!!!

draggin50
11-14-2017, 08:18 PM
Haha Shayne getting picked on!!!

2Fast4You
11-14-2017, 09:06 PM
That only justifies the very tight budget I'm on to even make the thing go, it does have reverse lights by the way. Lol

NXcoupe
11-15-2017, 10:21 AM
All that shit works on my black car. It has a radiant heater too.

S281SC
11-15-2017, 11:06 AM
Here is how i see it. Any car with a roll bar/cage or safety harnesses instead of factory seatbelts is no longer DOT street legal. So no one on our list could run 11.49 or faster if we held true street legal status and met the rules of the tracks we race. Unless your car is 2008 or newer and then it goes to 9.99 @ 135 for coupes with zero modifications, but regardless we surely have to be flexible on our definition of street car if ANYBODY wants to stay on the list. My radio and horn are gone so i guess mine is a race car too. But i needed the radio power supply wire to feed my nitrous controller and i tried to install a momo wheel and screwed up the wires for the horn. So... radio went bye bye and horn doesnt work. All of us make compromises to put a little extra giddy-up to our ponies. Some more than others. Shayne i am jealous of your fast ride. But i love that we have a fast list and would not trade that for windshield wipers or a radio. Just sayin... our dozen list ended at an average 10.1 sec. we have some fast guys around here and everybody is doing it with full framed steel cars. It is quite impressive. And i think everybody has plans to be faster next year. I will still drive my car to work, hardware store or cruise-ins despite the fact i can get cited for non DOT harnesses or too dark of window tint. I guess we are outlaws....

Walter
11-15-2017, 01:22 PM
Everyone on the list has tags and insurance that matches the car. Its one of the DD rules.

redfirepearlgt
11-15-2017, 01:29 PM
Here is how i see it. Any car with a roll bar/cage or safety harnesses instead of factory seatbelts is no longer DOT street legal. So no one on our list could run 11.49 or faster if we held true street legal status and met the rules of the tracks we race. Unless your car is 2008 or newer and then it goes to 9.99 @ 135 for coupes with zero modifications, but regardless we surely have to be flexible on our definition of street car if ANYBODY wants to stay on the list. My radio and horn are gone so i guess mine is a race car too. But i needed the radio power supply wire to feed my nitrous controller and i tried to install a momo wheel and screwed up the wires for the horn. So... radio went bye bye and horn doesnt work. All of us make compromises to put a little extra giddy-up to our ponies. Some more than others. Shayne i am jealous of your fast ride. But i love that we have a fast list and would not trade that for windshield wipers or a radio. Just sayin... our dozen list ended at an average 10.1 sec. we have some fast guys around here and everybody is doing it with full framed steel cars. It is quite impressive. And i think everybody has plans to be faster next year. I will still drive my car to work, hardware store or cruise-ins despite the fact i can get cited for non DOT harnesses or too dark of window tint. I guess we are outlaws....

Don't get your panties in a twist. There is a history prior to your arrival that generates comments on this topic (most of them are tongue in cheek) from time to time and it mostly (at least on my part) is referring back to threads years ago on the topic that just sometimes got completely out of hand. We are having some fun with Shayne at his expense. He's the king of the mountain. Part of being #1 is being able to handle the jabs from time to time that go with it. I was #1 for 23 minutes. I caught crap over my win by default over Shayne for those 23 minutes. Its no big deal.

I'd do anything I could to help Shayne any time he needed it when possible, and if it were a 'life or death situation' I would make the time possible. He knows that and knows I consider him a personal friend. Others having fun with Shayne on this topic feel the same way toward Shayne. He's a big guy, with a fast car and that at times makes Chihuahua's like me nip at his shins in fun. He gives it back as well knowing we mean nothing by it.

The rules are simple on this challenge "RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG". Mike would be a fool to change that rule and I for one would not want him to because we have proven that even a simpleton like me (with all legal functioning street safety requirements ;)) can find a nut once in a while and upset Ole' Goliath on a given day.

S281SC
11-15-2017, 03:22 PM
I did not know the history and i also would prefer to keep this as open as possible. I also kept my panties untwisted (although maybe riding up slightly) like you i see the beauty in participation from a wide range of people and cars.

adragon72
11-15-2017, 04:18 PM
Everyone loves Mr. Rogers but we are unsure about Forest!

redfirepearlgt
11-15-2017, 04:32 PM
Everyone loves Mr. Rogers but we are unsure about Forest!

That's Mr Forest. LOL!

2Fast4You
11-15-2017, 06:08 PM
I love you guys, just saying! :)

draggin50
11-15-2017, 08:09 PM
I still call you all friends!!!

Shayne knows we are all just playing cause we cant keep up!

Steve, I tagged you in a news article on Facebook about speeders. You was the blur of a Cobra! Thought it was cool to see.

S281SC
11-15-2017, 10:02 PM
Thanks brian. I will check it out.

S281SC
11-15-2017, 10:18 PM
I did not even make their top five speeders. Haha. That was a cool video. At first I was worried they had video of me driving down there. Thank you for sharing it brian. I posted it below. I think they caught gordon and maybe a couple others in there too.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155884264946992&id=100764596991&comment_id=10155886239356992&notif_t=comment_mention&notif_id=1510790337454904&ref=m_notif

2Fast4You
11-15-2017, 10:29 PM
Well lets just run down the list"

Tags? no
Registration? no
Liability Insurance? no
Fully functioning headlights w/markers, turn signals, parking lamps, tail lights, brake lights, reverse lights, license plate lights? no, no ,no. no .no and NO!
Street legal tires? no
Interior...a REAL interior? NO
Capable of traveling further than 15 miles on a tank of fuel? NO
heater? NO
radio? no
windshield wipers that function? no
functioning horn? NO
Front window defroster? no

Otherwise yeah, its a street car. :rolleyes:

So, when all of that works on my car next season, what's the excuse going to be then? Hahahaha

redfirepearlgt
11-16-2017, 09:15 AM
So, when all of that works on my car next season, what's the excuse going to be then? Hahahaha

In 2-3 years when all of that is functioning we'll see. LOL! Ya big lug.

redfirepearlgt
11-16-2017, 09:23 AM
I did not even make their top five speeders. Haha. That was a cool video. At first I was worried they had video of me driving down there. Thank you for sharing it brian. I posted it below. I think they caught gordon and maybe a couple others in there too.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155884264946992&id=100764596991&comment_id=10155886239356992¬if_t=comment_mention¬ if_id=1510790337454904&ref=m_notif

That guy there at the end of the track tried to get me to talk to him right after the pass Shayne and I made. I thought it was a possible light hearted piece to support the local track. I'm glad now I refused to speak with him. I should have known there was some kind of angle he was looking to play. I'm sure those local media marked vehicles all run within the speed limit when racing to be first on a news story. :rolleyes:

adragon72
11-16-2017, 05:58 PM
They always have an angle don’t they

draggin50
11-16-2017, 07:01 PM
Always a hidden agenda behind it all. I never even saw them there.

redfirepearlgt
11-16-2017, 07:37 PM
Always a hidden agenda behind it all. I never even saw them there.

He was gone when we made our pass Brian. He was there at the scales where you pick up your slip. Had his camera set up just behind it and was out there soliciting people to talk to him.

2Fast4You
11-17-2017, 10:28 AM
In 2-3 years when all of that is functioning we'll see. LOL! Ya big lug.

I hope not but that it may be for sure... Lol