PDA

View Full Version : Torqstorm supercharger?

4n_eatr
07-23-2018, 05:51 AM
Has anyone had any experience or heard of these? I've only found one decent review but it's a website I've never heard of. It seemed to do a little better than the Vortech they tested it against but I don't know. They're about $2800 so it'd be an affordable option for a low boost street setup. Kind of reminds me of the old Powerdyne setups just with gears instead of a belt?

http://mooregoodink.com/testing-a-torqstorm/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

redfirepearlgt
07-23-2018, 06:40 AM
I suggest you see what Department of Boost may have to offer for your setup. They are up in Michigan. I've never heard of this name. Couldn't say yay or nay about them.

Just remember. A bargain is a bargain, but cheap is as cheap does.

4n_eatr
07-23-2018, 06:50 AM
I suggest you see what Department of Boost may have to offer for your setup. They are up in Michigan. I've never heard of this name. Couldn't say yay or nay about them.

Just remember. A bargain is a bargain, but cheap is as cheap does.I hadn't heard of DoB but it looks like they only have 05+ applications. It won't be until after I get back from my deployment so I'll have some time to see if anyone else does any tests of them. They appear to be a fairly new company.

redfirepearlgt
07-23-2018, 07:28 AM
^^^ Sorry. I heard of them on another pretty active site, but wasn't sure if they had an application for your setup or not. Best of luck.

IWRBB
07-23-2018, 11:15 AM
Odd that they'd pick "torque storm" as a name for a centrifugal blower. Would be a great name for a PD blower.

draggin50
07-23-2018, 04:22 PM
Sounds like one of those fly by night companys that come and go real fast.

With one review and putting their supercharger up against a Vortech which has been around and with good history, Id be a little hesitant... Pay the little extra up front and worry less down the road.

4n_eatr
07-23-2018, 05:26 PM
Yeah I'm an idiot. Did some more research and the Vortech they tested it against was the low boost V3 which is actually a little cheaper. I'll just spend a little more on the Procharger I was planning on to begin with. That will give me room to grow anyway.

k062693w
07-23-2018, 05:42 PM
Hmmmmm ... Seems like a nice addition for the Vette ...

draggin50
07-23-2018, 08:07 PM
Yeah I'm an idiot. Did some more research and the Vortech they tested it against was the low boost V3 which is actually a little cheaper. I'll just spend a little more on the Procharger I was planning on to begin with. That will give me room to grow anyway.

Its best to do it once and be done. Its such a pain to do something and realize it was a mistake thousands down the road.

4n_eatr
07-27-2018, 01:00 PM
Its best to do it once and be done. Its such a pain to do something and realize it was a mistake thousands down the road.I think I settled on the Vortech V2 SI-trim. Wish it was a self contained unit but I can manage until I get my 331 built and I'll upgrade to the T-trim or YSI. From what I've read the T trim may be a little much for a stock bottom end and it might have a little lag at only 8 psi.

draggin50
07-27-2018, 07:50 PM
Its something that you can grow into though.