PDA

View Full Version : Rick Voltzy Died Today

NXcoupe
02-01-2021, 06:05 PM
Voltzy passed away today. He was a friend I've known for 25+ years. Not having facebook I had no idea he had gotten so bad. He passed away today. He had the little root beer stand with the best burgers and food in the area. I took a lot of people down there to eat and meet Rick over the years. I will miss him. Can't believe he left so quickly.

NXcoupe
02-01-2021, 08:36 PM
I spoke to Sammy a bit ago and she is wanting to keep the place open. If she is successful, then I'm going to organize a cruise in there.

draggin50
02-02-2021, 09:28 AM
Im so glad you took me there and I was able to meet them both. He was something else! Definitely not a person I will forget. I will be sure to make it there for a meet or just to get a burger. Sad day. I looked forward to going there again and just didn't get to.

Rick93coupe
02-02-2021, 01:07 PM
I hate to hear that, he was definitely one of a kind.

NXcoupe
02-02-2021, 01:43 PM
Thanks guys, he was def a dear friend. I used to call him from Afghanistan just to hear him give me shit. Lol. If you ordered your sandwich without onions, it was double virgin pussy! Lol. Cam reminded me of that one. He always called my wife Jenny Craig cuz she is 2 lbs over her birth weight. Lol. He was a vietnam vet and a hell of an interesting guy to talk to.

Maximus
02-02-2021, 02:07 PM
Life happens way to fast sometimes.
Sorry for your loss.

Kwik92GT
02-02-2021, 03:09 PM
Sucks to hear of this. I haven't been there in way too long. Definitely need to do some type of cruise there if they keep the place open.

NXcoupe
02-02-2021, 06:55 PM
Thanks guys. Greg, Sammy and I had a long talk yesterday evening about opening it back up. She's worked with him for 7 years or more and he left her the place for a reason. She needs to get the land lease in her name and then it's just semantics after that. I've offered to help clean get her supplied with food for start up. Anything to keep her and that place going.

PKFIRE
02-02-2021, 08:48 PM
Sorry for your loss. Never easy loosing a close friend.

draggin50
02-02-2021, 09:07 PM
Thanks guys. Greg, Sammy and I had a long talk yesterday evening about opening it back up. She's worked with him for 7 years or more and he left her the place for a reason. She needs to get the land lease in her name and then it's just semantics after that. I've offered to help clean get her supplied with food for start up. Anything to keep her and that place going.

Hopefully everything works out in her favor and she is able to get it back up and running. I really enjoyed the food. Just sucks Im 50 miles away or so. Id eat there everyday if I was close!

2Fast4You
02-03-2021, 09:23 PM
I enjoyed going there with you Mike, he was a hoot, and enjoyed the fried Bologna sandwich as well.

NXcoupe
02-04-2021, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys. I spoke with her and she said they changed the lease over to her name. So she intends to open back up. She has a go fund me page to raise money for funeral expenses and start up expenses. First thing she is doing is cleaning the entire place top to bottom.

89notch
02-06-2021, 08:57 AM
That's terrible to hear. I got to know Rick when I worked at my uncles gas station by the dayton mall. He would come in everyday to play lottery but would hang out for hours just to bullshit. He was a such a good guy and would keep us laughing everytime he came in.