PDA

View Full Version : Constitutional Carry Law in OH Signed Yesterday

NXcoupe
03-15-2022, 01:01 PM
Probably be in effect by July I'm guessing. You'll still need a ccw license for travelling to other states, but not even required to be on your person while in OH.

redfirepearlgt
03-15-2022, 05:00 PM
Yes Sir!!!! Heard this on the news this morning. I am curious if this means the Ohio CCW permit will no longer be offered and/or how that effects our future reciprocity with other states now.

POPS FUN! HELP!!!!

draggin50
03-15-2022, 09:45 PM
Good news!!! In for more info on how its going to affect the CCW and carrying into other states also.

NXcoupe
03-16-2022, 08:34 AM
Ccw license is still available to those who want it for reciprocity reasons, but you don't need to have it on you in OH any longer while carrying your firearm. This law won't take effect til approx July. I am still going to get my concealed license just for all the travelling I do.

redfirepearlgt
03-16-2022, 11:30 AM
Thanks Mike. I saw Popsfun today who has his thumb on the pulse on this topic and he told me the same thing prior to seeing this. That is awesome. Thanks.

CCW license not needed in Ohio to carry concealed, but Ohio (or another state like Utah or Florida) CCW needed for reciprocity to carry in other states that acknowledge the Ohio CCW license/permit.

This all assumes no felonies on ones record.

COOL!

IWRBB
03-16-2022, 02:21 PM
Blood in the streets! :rolleyes:

It's about time.

Pops_Fun
03-22-2022, 01:46 PM

It's about time.

LOL

Crucial
03-22-2022, 08:49 PM
Indiana just passed this as well

redfirepearlgt
03-23-2022, 04:12 PM
^^^ Nice. I remember reading an article in USA Today about 1996 that covered a study done on violent crime rates in states with CCW by Chicago State University. The study revealed that violent crime - murder, rape, armed robbery - were down in those states with CCW after the laws were passed. Of course they went on to state that petty non violent crimes like shop lifting and pick pocketing had however gone up.

Would be interesting to see if this trend occurs in states like Ohio and Indiana who now have this law in a year or two.

redfirepearlgt
03-23-2022, 04:19 PM

It's about time.

You planning a crime spree sometime soon? Otherwise you have nothing to be concerned with.

Crucial
03-23-2022, 09:41 PM
^^^ Nice. I remember reading an article in USA Today about 1996 that covered a study done on violent crime rates in states with CCW by Chicago State University. The study revealed that violent crime - murder, rape, armed robbery - were down in those states with CCW after the laws were passed. Of course they went on to state that petty non violent crimes like shop lifting and pick pocketing had however gone up.

Would be interesting to see if this trend occurs in states like Ohio and Indiana who now have this law in a year or two.

KY passed this in 2019 .. although violence everywhere went up so i dont know if it would be a good gauge

redfirepearlgt
03-24-2022, 09:50 AM
^^ comparisons made based on recent trends would be your indicator. of course crime is up nationwide with defunding and other radical movements from the dsa party and dems supporting them. it takes a while for a criminal to realize his/her playground rules have been evened out imho.

IWRBB
03-24-2022, 08:48 PM
You planning a crime spree sometime soon? Otherwise you have nothing to be concerned with.

I don't think you got my point.

The first sentence was sarcasm. The second was not.

redfirepearlgt
03-25-2022, 08:33 AM
hard to distinguish sarcasm without hearing it being inflected in the voice sometimes. ive been accused of sarcasm when i am not being so at all. i often follow sarcasm up with an eyeroll or sarcasm emoji these days.

IWRBB
03-25-2022, 04:06 PM
I used the eyeroll :)

redfirepearlgt
03-26-2022, 02:18 AM
and so u did. must be losing my mind. it happens