Thread: how do I resize a picture?

Arrow how do I resize a picture?

That's a good question and one that gets asked a lot. If you are using a normal PC (not a Macintosh) and it has Windows on it, do this....

1) Click "Start" in the bottom left
    2) Go to "Programs" and then "Accessories" and click on the "Paint" program.
    3) Once in the paint program, under the "File" menu select "open" and choose the image you want to resize. You may have to change the directory to the location the file is stored.
    4) Once the file is opened in Paint, click on the "Image" menu and select "Stretch/Skew (Ctl+W)"
    5) Change the horizontal and vertical percentages to something less than 100 to shrink and over 100 to enlarge. For example, an image that is 1280 x 960 pixles scaled to 50% would make the image 640 x 480 pixels.

voila
    run your mouth when I'm not around, it's easy to achieve
    you cry to weak friends that sympathize
    can't you hear the violins playing your song?
    those same friends tell me your every word

good sticky

thanks again. If it werent for you I would be buying a new monitor now. Stupid computers.

great info

Here's a good one too:

Microsoft Power Toys

If you click that link, it takes you to the microsoft power toys web page. On the right side of the screen, there is a list of downloads.

About halfway down is the "image resizer". It's a quick little download but it's very pimp. Without even opening a picture you can right click its thumbnail and resize it. It gives you four standard sizes you can resize to, or you can click "custom" and size it to whatever you want. Best of all, it creates a NEW picture that's the new size. The original is untouched.
    RALDIRIS RACING

P1 P2 P3 P4 P5

vinny5oh 1969-2007

Very useful information. Thanks.
    40th anniversary mustang
    David L. Goodlett

Great Info. I had trouble using paint b/c it would shrink the pictures, but keep the same file size and most avatars can only take up a very small amount of space. Instead, I opened the pictures with Microsoft Photo Editor --> Image--> Resize--> Then just use the toggle buttons or type in your own numbers. It shrank my pictures and reduced the file size.
    "Move it Tubby; or I'll cut some bacon off your back!"...Tyrone off Chappelle's Mad Mad Real World skit

93 GT black on gray leather
    93 GT Vert- sold http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/822644
    2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer, new head gaskets
    2000 F-250 7.3L 6-Speed, TS Perf chip, Ram Air, 4" Exhaust 4" Suspension Lift 35's, etc
    1968 Mercury Cougar- Frog green black vinyl top, factory A/C, 90K miles
    1959 Ford 861 Power-Master diesel
    1948 Ford 8N- Not pretty but gets the job done (orig eng)

Thumbs up How to RESIZE Pictures So you don't......

.....piss off people using Dial-Up!!!

:LOL!: :LOL!: :LOL!:

Besides, it' just good common Internet courtesy to use the smallest workable pics possible! :bigthum:

Also, it's good to resize pics BEFORE Emailing them around to your friends, family and fellow Stangers! Try to keep your Email pics UNDER 100kb (kilobytes)

Here's a small MicroSoft App that you can Download from my Webspace to help you out.

http://www.katmanduonline.net/apps/ImageResizer.exe

After you Download the Application, Install it and then go to use it, there will be a NEW Command when you "RIGHT CLICK" and Picture (.jpg, gif, jpeg). It will simply say RESIZE.

- From your a Folder in your hard drive....Find a Pic you wish to resize

- Right Click. Then chose the new Command.....RESIZE and pick the size you want your current large picture to be.

Wa-La! Your new Resized pic is Automatically resized and placed in the same folder as your old pic.

Enjoy!

Katmandu :cyron:
    Conservatives Hate Obama more than they Love America. - John Stewart

STOP the HATRED PEOPLE !!

Quote Originally Posted by fst 5pto View Post
    Maybe because Pittsburgh is such a shitty town they all move this way? I say we put deporting the Mexicans on hold and start deporting you Stooler's fans!! LMAO

Thread Information