Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Vinnys gone.

Sucks to hear about this..My thoughts and prayers are with all of his friends and family...
    2001 Gt...Going Bone stock

I can say that I was not as close to Vinny as most of the people who had known him for years, but in the times that I had been around him he makes you feel like you have been friends for years. I got a phone call from Bobby earlier today and couldn't believe what had happened... Vinny was too young and too good a person for something like this to happen to!!

I along with many others on this forum have a lot to thank him for... I wouldn't know some of my closest friends without this thing that he created...

Holly my prayers go out to you and Amanda for your loss... you both have one of the greatest support blankets to fall back on with the family that VINNY created here!!
    A tree in the shadow of a mountain looks taller if the
    grass is short.

Words cannot express my deepest sorrow for such a wonderful family. Vinny was an incredible human being. My sincerest condolences to Vinny's wonderful family. I'm utterly speechless at this point. My heart goes out to all of his close friends as well as I know this will be hard to recover from.

Vinny

I can't speak for Holly and what she is feeling right now. But I will say this. From all of us in the Changet family, I want to thank all of you for your kind words!!

Vinny was one of kind and we all loved him very much, I wish I could express how much each and everyone of the members of this board ment to him. He loved you guys very much! He would want you guys to remember one thing..........

Even after reading this is seems like a bad dream. I feel so bad for Holly and his family. What a terrible loss, words don't explain........
    2005 F350 6.0 Powerstroke 8" lift 37's
    1987 Notch (4cyl conversion)
    1993 Mustang GT
    1996 Jeep Cherokee 3" Lift (converted to mud toy)
    1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport
    2003 F150 Supercrew FX4

Quote Originally Posted by Hangingcogs View Post
    I was thinking the same thing! His car needs to be finished!
    they may need sell it,he also has a daughter i'm sure they will need any extra money right now,but we all can lend a hand on getting the black coupe standing tall on all fours for holly and vinny.just a suggestion? although he'd love to see the gt hit the 1/4 mile just for him..he seamed more excited about getting the coupe looking and running good
    Plan b is to finish plan a

I don't know what to say. I was on the phone talking to my mom when pulled up this website...........and I went completely speechless. I didn't believe it at first. As I am reading everyone's post, I started crying. It finally sunk in how real this is. Vinny was a wonderful guy. He could light up a room just by walking in it. He paved the way for me, and others, to make some everlasting friendships. Holly is a wonderful woman and I am truely hurting for her and Amanda. This is no way to lose your husband, or your father. I am happy that Holly and Vinny finally married last spring, and at least got to spend some time together as husband and wife before this trajedy happened. Thank you for including all of in your lives. In are in all of our hearts and prayers right now. Please don't hesitate asking for everyone's help. They are all there for you!

Post up any service information as it gets planned. Again, I am so sorry.
    Brenda

2001 black M6 WS6 (sold Aug. 2009)

My Other Car is a Hearse!

I remember one of the first times I met Vinny - Hooters. Scott was dragging me to car club meetings one after another. I was always prepared with a book. Vinny, sitting directly across from me, stuck his hand into the book I was reading and said something totally off the wall. I don't remember what it was but I do remember thinking that this guy is totally off his rocker and I loved him from that moment on.....

I never got a chance to thank him for this silly place most of us (especially Scott) call home/family. So Holly, thank you for giving up precious private time with Vinny so that he could create this place we all call home. What a great gift he has left all of us - his friendship, memories and this board!!!

Rest in Peace Vinny, Rest in Peace....
    Life is what you make it. If you wait for someone/thing to make it great for you, you will be waiting a long time and become a miserable bitch! Me, my life is AWESOME and I'm still a bitch!

AKA: Scooby, Mrs. Snyder, Mrs. Scottie, Mrs. Moon, Cherry Blossom, Princess or simply Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by platedturbonotc View Post
    they may need sell it,he also has a daughter i'm sure they will need any extra money right now,but we all can lend a hand on getting the black coupe standing tall on all fours for holly and vinny.just a suggestion? although he'd love to see the gt hit the 1/4 mile just for him..he seamed more excited about getting the coupe looking and running good
    I think it would be an awesome tribute to put his race car down the 1/4 mile, but I would totally understand if the family could use the money.

It would also be cool if we could set up some kind of memorial day at one of the race tracks.
    "Listen and understand. That Terminator is out there, it can't be bargained with, it can't be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear and it absolutely will not stop, ever."

-Kyle Reese, The Terminator (1984)

My Cobra:
    # 886 out of 1010 Mystichrome Cobras
    # 1353 out of 5664 '04 Cobras

I never met Vinny, but seems like he has touched many lives from reading these posts.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. RIP Vinny.
    Kevin

'87 Buick Turbo T

I never met Vinny, never even spoke to him, just heard of him around here on the forum, and knew he created this family. I wish I would have met him. Him always talking about cars on here and the racing season coming up made me want to get into racing and doing something with my car. I thought I'd get to meet him at the track this season and get to know him, because he knew his stuff and wouldn't be afraid to help out anyone in need. I'm sorry I didnt get to meet him. I now know just how much I'm missing out right now. I extend my prayers to Holly and his family, even though we've never met, but I wanted so much to be a part of this group, now it seems like a big chunk of it is missing. I'm sorry for the loss.

As for his car, I know I have no say about anything since I never met him but just a suggestion, but what about finishing it for him with some donated funds and having one of his closest friends or even Holly run it down the 1/4 mile one last time and then auction it off if the family needs the money? Just an idea...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never met him in person either but talked to him on here a bit. If there's anything I can do let me know. My regaurds to his family.

i cant believe i had to just read this

Vinny was one of the very few people that i could look forward to seeing at certain events. Vinny was a great man, and will be greatly missed. If theres anything i can do to help, please let me know.

wow.............im really at a loss for words......

-Ty

I'm in shock over this - Vinny was one of the good guys... RIP my friend...

Don
    '95 Mustang Convertible
    393, T-70
    10.7/128

THIS TOTALLY SUCKS..... I am SO SORRY to hear this, I just got home and, I can't believe this.... Vinny was such an awesome person, everyone whom ever was lucky enough to get know/met him knows how true this was. He loved his family so much and life itself..... He told me in Columbus a few years back that Holly was the one that made him.... Damn what a very sad day..... If I can help out in anyway please let me know.... Holly and Amanda and the rest of the family I am truely so sorry for your loss....

Godspeed Vinny....

Bill

Team Z Motorsports, Ultimate Converter Concepts,HO fibertrends,Mike Curcio Race Products
    DOYLE RACING & Custom Machining
    "ALUMINUM TUBING SOLD HERE" PM me for info...

I am a NOOB and didnt know Vinny. I am very sorry for your guys loss. Vinny sounded like a great person from all I have read here. Do something to homor him. An annual track day in his name. Maybe even with donations to his daughter for future schooling at each event. Also you guys all owe it to your loved ones to learn CPR and basic first aid if you dont know it already. It is not expensive, easy to learn, and may make a difference to someone anf=d their family one day. Rest in peace!

Vinny was the kindest guy. He always welcomed me as if I had known him forever. I only wish I could have known him better.

Not too sure what else to say......My heart goes out to Holly and his family. If you need ANYTHING just ask.

R.I.P. My friend

my deepest sympathy too. he was always good to me and was there when i need to talk. rest in peace bro my thoughts are with his family. the mustang world lost a good person.
    ...and i saw a orange horse, and rogers was driving it, imports bowed before it, f-bodies stared in awe of it, and other mustangs followed behind it...you can love me or hate me either way your going to have feelings for me

OMG! I just talked to him on the pm the other day...this is unreal! We have to do something. I never got to meet him in person. But, I was looking forward to it when I got my cobra out this spring. My family is keeping him and his family in our thoughts and prayers.

RIP Vin!

steven
    Steven Magee - 97 SVT COBRA-sold, 94 EG hatch....and Project Deathscort LX

didnt personally know him but my prayers are with the family. we talked several times thru PM's and such and he was a very understanding, considerate guy. To be gone at such a young age and for him to be in, what looked like, good shape is unbelievable.

Rest In Peace

God Bless the Family

Thread Information