Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: UNDER PRESSURE

Quote Originally Posted by R825OH View Post
    Your garage is too clean
    Just recently, It was a mess a few weeks ago. Having some nice weather went a long ways towards getting it straightened out. If I could only get rid of this 4cyl automatic, I'd have another whole corner cleared out. I need a place to park the bike too. Its hogging up valuable wrenching room.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

wow, i really like the blue your going with, that thing is going to look wicked

looks like a hell of a start.i just sold a car exactly like that i thought it was it at first.turbo hot side looks like nice stuff.that guy does awsome work.you should have a helluva car when she's done
    Plan b is to finish plan a

Yeah, I'm digging the color, I think its gonna be sweet!
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

A few more parts that need installed.

new racecraft caster camber plates

Trick lightweight balancer

Another look at it

Front brakes are 2002 GT PBR's, I'm sure they'll work much better than the small stock ones. I have a feeling it may be a little harder to stop this yr!
    Last edited by Rick93coupe; 03-26-2007 at 08:02 PM.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

JW "wheel" flexplate for TH400

CVR gear reduction starter, not like I'll need it at my compression level..lol.

OK OK,,, I cheaped out a little here, but damn, sometimes Jegs just has better pricing on stuff! I'll be sure and take the sticker off of it. Might even mount it behind the fender.

140 or 160 amp alternator, cant remember now.

Might sell this and get something digital, not sure yet.

Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Rick you have a pm. Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88coupe View Post
    Yes I'm painting it Vista Blue. Unfortunately I spent my paint money on the DFI with wideband. So now I'm saving again to get it done.

This is what the color looks like.
    Hey I remember that picture. Looks like you are making good progress. Keep at it. I may be interested in that msd box let me know what you want for it.

Looks good Rick!
    Brian

92Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by MFIELD View Post
    Hey I remember that picture. Looks like you are making good progress. Keep at it. I may be interested in that msd box let me know what you want for it.
    Will do, I'm still up in the air on it right now. I'll give you a call when I know something more.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Brian came out today and we stripped the car down some more. Its sort of taken a backseat here lately while I've been buying stuff for the house. We took everything out but the carpet, those damn torx bits for the seatbelts are fukken with me. We removed the interior and quarter windows to get it ready for a cage and paint.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

I just got Accel gen7 for my car. Love it...best mod ever. I went with that over FAST XFI and am very happy I did.

Good luck with the build
    Kevin

'87 Buick Turbo T

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteT View Post
    I went with that over FAST XFI and am very happy I did.
    Why Accel over FAST?
    RALDIRIS RACING

P1 P2 P3 P4 P5

vinny5oh 1969-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Sharad View Post
    Why Accel over FAST?
    The guy that helped me build my engine is local and great w/ Accel. He works with Accel, FAST and BS3 and recommended the gen7 over the other 2. It only took me one quick crash course and a few hours on my own to figure the software out.

Also a few people in the Buick V6 world have had some problems arise. Basically the system "skipping a beat" halfway through a run. One guy lost his engine completely, the other 2 got lucky and just blew headgaskets.
    Kevin

'87 Buick Turbo T

I decided I was either going to run the Accel or BS3 a long time ago. I have the software for all of them on my pc, including AEM. I don't really think you can go wrong with any of them really. When you start trying to make large amounts of HP, the smallest things can kill a motor. I personally think its just luck of the draw. Keep in mind, Pro 5.0 used to run the old Gen6 DFI.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

The guy that helped me build my engine is local and great w/ Accel. He works with Accel, FAST and BS3 and recommended the gen7 over the other 2. It only took me one quick crash course and a few hours on my own to figure the software out.

Also a few people in the Buick V6 world have had some problems arise. Basically the system "skipping a beat" halfway through a run. One guy lost his engine completely, the other 2 got lucky and just blew headgaskets.

Ok. So you've heard some things. Who is the guy that helped you build your engine? Did he say specifically what he liked about the Gen 7 over the others?

I thought you were saying there's something you personally didn't like about XFI. FAST and ACCEL have been two of the most popular standalones forever, so when I bought my XFI a year and a half ago, I was pretty confident that it would do just fine. I'm almost finished installing the system (in sequential mode) and I'm really looking forward to tuning with it. I'll post my personal experiences with it in the tuning forum.

Rick, where will you go for your dyno tune?
    RALDIRIS RACING

P1 P2 P3 P4 P5

vinny5oh 1969-2007

Ok. So you've heard some things. Who is the guy that helped you build your engine? Did he say specifically what he liked about the Gen 7 over the others?

I thought you were saying there's something you personally didn't like about XFI. FAST and ACCEL have been two of the most popular standalones forever, so when I bought my XFI a year and a half ago, I was pretty confident that it would do just fine. I'm almost finished installing the system (in sequential mode) and I'm really looking forward to tuning with it. I'll post my personal experiences with it in the tuning forum.

I like the fact that Gen7 has twice as many cells in the ve and timing table. I like the fact that the gen7 uses a $75 Bosch WB opposed to Fast's $350 sensor. I like the fact that Gen7 can use a factory knock sensor. Also the gen7 can use the stock Buick ignition system w/o a $150 harness. It goes on and on.

My car does run and I am posting my first hand knowledge on the Gen7. Trust me, I wouldn't go out and spend $2K for an ECU package w/o doing a ton of research.
    Kevin

'87 Buick Turbo T

I'm looking into to taking some classes to tune it myself, but I've also talked to Jeff at Precision about setting up a baseline.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

I like the fact that Gen7 has twice as many cells in the ve and timing table. I like the fact that the gen7 uses a $75 Bosch WB opposed to Fast's $350 sensor. I like the fact that Gen7 can use a factory knock sensor. Also the gen7 can use the stock Buick ignition system w/o a $150 harness. It goes on and on.

My car does run and I am posting my first hand knowledge on the Gen7. Trust me, I wouldn't go out and spend $2K for an ECU package w/o doing a ton of research.
    Great answer White T. No offense Sharad, but you make your self sound like a Dick,-- ALOT.

Sorry for hijacking your post Rick.
    88 gt vert #9 2006 dirty dozen-Tuned by Precision-Autosports
    #12 2007 dirty dozen
    Victorious pinks Crew member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpqFgPYtVo

rick where did you get your trunk lid and how does it fit?

Thread Information