Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: UNDER PRESSURE

HO Fibertrends, I haven't put the lid on yet, its sitting in the corner waiting for a few things to get done to the chassis, before it can get painted. The hood's I do have experience with, and I love them, the fit is great.
    They're outside of Columbus if you wanna go pick one up.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteT View Post
    I like the fact that Gen7 has twice as many cells in the ve and timing table. I like the fact that the gen7 uses a $75 Bosch WB opposed to Fast's $350 sensor. I like the fact that Gen7 can use a factory knock sensor. Also the gen7 can use the stock Buick ignition system w/o a $150 harness. It goes on and on.

My car does run and I am posting my first hand knowledge on the Gen7. Trust me, I wouldn't go out and spend $2K for an ECU package w/o doing a ton of research.

Cells- the guy from Accel (at PRI) showed me how you could change the range of the cells on the Gen VII but not on the old FAST. I think they addressed that on the XFI. I have not compared the two tables, but no matter what, twice as many cells sounds better to me!!

Sensor- I heard you could just get the wideband sensor for the XFI at a honda dealership... are they as expensive there? (and I still need to find out if I need a second WB to read each bank separately?)

Ignition system- does it run in sequential with your stock system? I think the TFI harness for my car was like $75 or something, but then it would only run in batch fire. I bought the dual IPU harness which was cheaper, but we had to get a dual pickup distributor. The car had a stock TFI distributor anyway, so I wasn't too upset about it.

knowledge- I figured your car ran. What I meant was, I'd be freaking out if you told me you had the XFI and got rid of it to get the ACCEL. In other words, I'd know the XFI is junk if you took a hit reselling it to upgrade to the Gen VII. (the last thing someone wants to hear is they blew $2k on garbage)

To be totally honest with you, I can't remember why I bought the XFI. I just know I talked to Precision Turbo about the BS3, I talked to Ed Rice, Mark McKeown, Lee Howie, and FAST directly about the FAST system, and ACCEL directly about the GEN VII. After that, I chose the XFI. Can't remember the reasons because it was a year and a half ago! (here's my fish )

Quote Originally Posted by Rick88coupe View Post
    I'm looking into taking some classes to tune it myself, but I've also talked to Jeff at Precision about setting up a baseline.
    I'm leaning towards Lee Howie doing the dyno tune and then me trying to figure out the rest... I've heard Jeff's pretty sharp though.

Quote Originally Posted by ibstrokin View Post
    Great answer White T. No offense Sharad, but you make your self sound like a Dick,-- ALOT.
    I get that -- ALOT. No offense taken.
    RALDIRIS RACING

P1 P2 P3 P4 P5

vinny5oh 1969-2007

XFI is a great choice....it was just my personal choice to go with the GEN7. Both systems will do the same thing and do it well. I guess it came down to the fact that the Gen7 sales pitch I got was better than the XFI sales pitch Also I got a good deal on a used Gen7 Anyways, Good luck with your car Sharad!

Sorry Rick88, no more highjacking from me
    Kevin

'87 Buick Turbo T

Well guys, I haven't updated the post in awhile , so here's some of the things that I've picked up lately. The garage is being cleaned and arranged on Monday with the car on jack stands in the middle of the shop so I can prep it for the new rearend, battle boxes and sway bar.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

This is an 8.8" with 9" ends, narrowed 3/4" per side. 31 spline axles, detroit locker and 3.27 gears. The brace may be overkill, but its pretty sweet none the less.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Team Z lowers
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

This is going to make it go straight!
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

proportioning valve to help dial in the new rear disks.

Sorry, didn't realize it was so out of focus till I posted it up.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

The 85 mph speedo just wasn't going to work out anymore!

The good news is that I've got half a tank of gas, the bummer is my oil pressure's low!
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

In the next few days I've got some more goodies coming, so I'll post them up and try and keep this thread alive.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Glad to see your working on another car Rick, sounds killer.

looks good hell I would keep it painted the way it is put some ponys on it and go street racing

Just finished up the rear disk brakes and new rotors, just need some new lines and to install the spherical bushings and it should be all set!
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Got the disc's bolted on, just waiting on the lines to get here.

Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Found a killer deal on a set of Kenny Brown subframe connectors with the jacking rails and extreme matrix brace.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Quote Originally Posted by BUHBYY View Post
    looks good hell I would keep it painted the way it is put some ponys on it and go street racing
    From a money stand point I've thought about it, but to be honest, I don't like red paint. Never have, I only bought this car because of the black interior! I do like G93T's car though, sweetest shade of red I've seen!
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Well, progress pics should be coming soon. I'll be ordering the cage, mini tub kit and coilover setup in the next 2 weeks. Building this thing on cash has its disadvantages. It'll all be worth it though. If anyone is interested, I'll be selling my 15x8 drag lites with ET streets to go to a 15x10 or possibly a 15x12 if I can squeeze it in there.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Ibstrokin and 89coupster came out tonight and we yanked the entire front end out of the car. If anyone needs a K-member with A-arms, brakes,and struts, It'll keep me from having to put it in the truck and taking it to the shredder. Still have the complete exhaust system if anyone wants it too. Taking it out in one piece when the rearend comes out this weekend. Any of this stuff is free if you need / want it.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

looking good rick should be a nasty peice
    Plan b is to finish plan a

Glad to hear it is coming along! Good seeing you the other day. If you need a helping hand, just give me a call. The g/f is working nights now that Christmas is near, and I have some free time on my hands.

Thread Information