Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: UNDER PRESSURE

If you see in the background, today I also got a set of QA1 adjustable coilover struts from the man in brown. This is what brown did for me! =)
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com
    6.27625 liters of turbocharged goodness

Nice pieces Rick!
    Brian

92Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 92coupe View Post
    Nice pieces Rick!
    Thanks brother, I'm hoping it turns out nice.

Got the heads bolted on this evening after dinner.

Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

I need to trim that damn gasket off the water pump.

Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Check out the new intake plate for the box upper. My buddy TZ250 did this up for me.

Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Got the remainder of the wheel tubs cut out. Still waiting to notch the frame, and to be honest, that part makes me nervous.

Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

I'm glad to see you making progress. And just so people know tz250(Rob) has a very nice cnc mill, and can make, machine, or engrave about anything you can think of.
    88 gt vert #9 2006 dirty dozen-Tuned by Precision-Autosports
    #12 2007 dirty dozen
    Victorious pinks Crew member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkpqFgPYtVo

That engine needs some rockers. I know a guy who has a set you could probably get if you want them.

Don't worry about cutting that frame. Even if you messed up on where you need to cut or whatever it's not anything you couldn't fix. I may be able to stop by tomorrow night. I'll give you a call.
    Greg
    Midnight Mafia

Sounds good, I'll be out there all night tomorrow. Bring the rockers if you would, I need to measure for pushrods! =)
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Well guys, bolted the heads on, only to find out that the deck has been cut on them substantially. Enough that I couldn't line the ports up, and the bolt holes were out of alignment. Turns out my 64cc heads have been milled to 56.5cc's. The only fix for this is to mill the intake to match, or mill the face of the heads to drop the intake back into place.
    I decided to have Dave Layer of "Heads up Cylinder heads", mill the heads so that any intake will fit these heads instead of my intake being specific to the heads. So the intake misalignment wasn't that big of a deal, but my biggest concern was going to be the new compression ratio. I was shooting for 8.5:1 but its going to end up being 9.0:1 in the end. I'm just glad my pistons have a 32cc dish in them or I'd be up the creek and looking for a new set of heads!
    Last edited by Rick93coupe; 02-22-2008 at 01:15 PM.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

progress, and busy work

Got a bit done the last 2 nights. I welded in the torque boxes and then installed some battle boxes I got from Ray at Victory Fab.
    I have to say that welding under a car is a whole different game than at a station with clean metal. I'm just getting everything dialed in on the welder, but lets just say I'm not opening up my own fab shop in the future!

Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Nice thread and good work! Looks really awesome.

You need a Miller Invision welder. Pulse makes uphill on sheetmetal fun! But those arn't bad for short arc.
    Last person to wheelie INSIDE of Dayton Performance

The welds have gotten considerably better, I was told I needed to get more heat into it, so I fined tuned the settings and dialed it in. I installed the anti roll bar the other night, next is the coilover mount and minitubs and I'll throw the rearend in it. I hope they'll be in by the middle of next week.
    As far as the welder goes, its just not in the budget right now. I'm currently borrowing a blue point 110v machine.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Got my Skinny Kid Mid Plate this afternoon. This should help keep the engine together a little longer by taking some of the stress off of the motor mounts. On my next engine I'm going to step up to a front motor plate. That would require changing the entire turbo kit, so this is going to have to do for now.

Also get a T6 turbo flange a little while back, this is for the frame mount for the turbo.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Looks like you are making progress. I'll stop out there again soon, I want to check everything out again.

Quote Originally Posted by rscoupe View Post
    Looks like you are making progress. I'll stop out there again soon, I want to check everything out again.
    If progress means "spending money" then your absolutely right...lol. Thats about as far as I've gotten. I've been needing to get the K-member so I could mock up the engine / tranny and mount the tabs for the midplate. K-member just left the coaters yesterday, and tranny will be ready for pickup next week. Then its off to have the cage installed and turbo kit modified.
    Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Well, after running around with Brian all day yesterday, I was able to pick up my TH400 and get it to the house. Its a pretty impressive looking transmission and I feel pretty good about putting it behind this motor.

Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

As if that wasn't enough for the day, I came home to the Team Z K-member. We threw a couple of bolts in place last night to see how it fit.

Rick

Rick90lx@yahoo-dot-com

Quote Originally Posted by Rick93coupe View Post
    Well, after running around with Brian all day yesterday, I was able to pick up my TH400 and get it to the house. Its a pretty impressive looking transmission and I feel pretty good about putting it behind this motor.

Looks like a high quality unit you got there.
    2014 CTS V-sport
    2006-teen Black CCSB Powerstroke

Thread Information