Thread: c4 question

c4 question

i've heard that c-4s are geared lower is that true and if i was to put one on my 98 gt how much would that help in quarter mile also recommended gear ratio and which is better the c-4 or a BUILT stock whatever that one is im not positive aode i think
    An obstacle is something a person sees when they take their eyes off the goal

can a C4 even bolt up to a 4.6?? or better yet do they make custom bellhousings?

i've seen bellhousings for them

Yes they bolt right up. We have 2 at the shop. One going in a 98 Cobra and one in an 05 GT.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by wht_stang View Post
    i've heard that c-4s are geared lower is that true and if i was to put one on my 98 gt how much would that help in quarter mile also recommended gear ratio and which is better the c-4 or a BUILT stock whatever that one is im not positive aode i think
    The AODE is going to much more expensive to build, but you do have the advantage of overdrive. The C-4 isn't very freindly to MPG, but IMO are stronger and cheaper to build. As far as ratio, 1-3, I don't know if the C-4 is lower or not.

I'd run at least 3:73. Maybe 4:10s with a modular.

~ JEFF ~

'04 Mach1

If this is primarily a street car I would not put a c4 in it. You will hate losing your OD. If you already have an auto try driving around w/ the car in D and see how you like it without the OD, I'm sure you'll get tired of it real quick.
    ">

what would be the quarter mile gains and would you have to get a shifter or could you possible reuse the stock one for sleeper purposes

C-4 actually has a higher first gear. 2.48, 1.48, 1:1
    The devil is in the details....

-88 GT SBF, PG, 76mm, and 8.5's

http://www.pbrc.net

i dont know a thing about gear ratios

Thread Information